[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watch me fix the Meta, Once and for all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: Alakazam.png (70KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
Alakazam.png
70KB, 300x263px
>Ice now resists Water and Steel
>Grass is normal effective on Bug
>Poison resist Ghost
>Rock takes normal damage from Water
>Fighting resist Fairy
>Psychic is super effective on Fairy
>Stealth Rocks are eliminated
>>
>>26127489

My Volcarona and I thank you.
>>
>>26127489
Here's how to really fix it:

>Bug is super effective against Fairy
>Bug super effective against Ghost
>Ghost super effective against Fairy
>Electric resists Grass
>Electric super effective against Fighting
>Psychic super effective against Electric
>>
>>26127522
Charizard is even hungrier.
>>
>>26127489
>Ice resist steel

What is an ice pick

Ice should resist fighting and maybe rock.
>>
>>26127575
Whoa whoa whoa, lets not go too far, changing two weakness into two resistances would have huge ramifications
>>
>>26127489

Too late for that now, Game Freak has designed several Pokemon with Stealth Rock in mind. Dragonite would be on every single team.
>>
>>26127608
Lets nerf/buff individual Pokemon too then
Since Dragonite is a Pseudo he has to be a base 600, so we take 10 off his speed (now base 70) and 10 off his attack (now base 124) and add each to Defense and Special Defense
>>
>>26127489
You had me willing to accept your proposal until you said "fighting resists fairy"

Why in the actual fuck would you do that? Fairy only has a few super-effective matchups, and is resisted by steel and fire, which are both fairly prominent in the meta -- not to mention it's meant to be a specially defensive type. It's also bad against poison, but... eh? Not really many super-prominent poisons.

I'd say:

- Ice resists/not affected by water, now super effective on bug and/or Fairy (Bugs hate winter, Fairies are generally seen as "warm-natured" and also fragile compared to humans. Idk, Fairy, again, is supposed to be specially defensive, so....

- Rock still weak to water, but get rid of that fucking stupid-ass ground weakness, make it resist or take neutral damage. Like why is that even a fucking thing?

- Idk have poison be super effective on normal? I know that sucks for normal, but it makes sense. Normal is a diverse type anyway, not near as bad as poison or ice.

- Grass Normally Effective on Bug, MAYBE make it normal on Steel OR Dragon (probably Dragon because they're still good and Steel is meant to be defensive) but I think just one change is good for now, since grass is a pretty versatile, resilient type even with it's gaping asshole void of weaknesses.

No need for eliminating stealth rocks, maybe just give Ice/Grass their own setup damagers? Like Icicle Spikes and Leech Root respectively.

I kinda would like to see Psychic get an offensive buff myself, not that I think it needs it in the current meta, but more like... I think Psychic ought to be strong against a lot of things. But also frail and weak to many things. Not that I forsee it EVER happening and it sounds too weird to me, but imagine if Fire got added as something strong against Psychic. I mean, minds already fear bugs/darkness/ghosts, but we don't fear fire? Eh, I dunno. Then again, we used fire to build society... Okay, I'll shut up.
>>
Stealth Rocks should only last for 5-8 Turns
>>
File: reaction picard why.jpg (20KB, 624x464px) Image search: [Google]
reaction picard why.jpg
20KB, 624x464px
>>26127559
How the fuck does that fucking fix anything

That sounds more like "I rly like bugs n ghost n electric and psychic fairy is gay type fuck fairy its only 4 homos topkek gen 1 is the best"
>>
File: reaction shrek o.jpg (33KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
reaction shrek o.jpg
33KB, 353x334px
>>26127559
Also just saying you would make a really really bad game designer. You're the type of guy who would buff Fox in Super Smash Bros Melee.
>>
>>26127650
Icicle Spikes would be stupid.
>Stealth Rocks + Icicle Spikes + Spikes
>Gravity
>Go Dragonite
>Dragonite fainted
>>
File: destroyerofworlds.png (2MB, 1000x1522px) Image search: [Google]
destroyerofworlds.png
2MB, 1000x1522px
>>26127559
Anon, what have you done?
>>
>>26127691
Eh, maybe, but good luck getting all three of those out without your pokemon fainting against anyone but a complete retard/last pokemon/abusing sleep/etc

Especially since it would have zero offensive moves -- unless you're suggesting spreading them over multiple pokemon. The solution to that is to only allow SR to last like, 10 turns (plus some other RURUS to ensure no abuse). Enough to not be entirely useless, but not overwhelming.
>>
>>26127489
Those are dumb.

>Bug now resists Fairy
>Dark no longer weak to Fairy
>Dark now resists Psychic instead of being immune
>Fairy now weak to Ghost
>Fighting no longer resists Bug
>Ice now resists Water
>Ice now resists Flying
>Fairy now immune to Attraction
>Grass now immune to Sleep
>Poison no longer resists Bug
>Poison now has a move that is SE against Steel-types
>Psychic now immune to Confusion (status)
>Rock type now has a move
>Rock type no longer weak to Ground
>>
File: pokemon oras reverse clothing.png (326KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon oras reverse clothing.png
326KB, 700x525px
>>26127749
WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO NERF FAIRY TYPE? LITERALLY WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT IT?

Fuck you fucking genwunners. God dammit.
>>
>>26127777
Quads speaks the truth. Fairy was created to balance things. People just want to get back to the old dragon/psychic meta.
>>
>>26127749
>Poison no longer resists Bug
Poison is a defensive typing, and with Psychics and EQs going around, it needs all it can get
>>
>>26127608
>Game Freak has designed several Pokemon with Stealth Rock in mind
Stealth Rock is a singles meme and GF doesn't give a shit about that. Name a single Pokémon that was designed with SR in mind.
>>
Rock needs a buff, so make it super effect against Lighting, since Lighting only has one weakness it can afford to take a hit.
>>
>>26128015
Rock doesn't need another SE on anything. I don't want to see an entire type suddenly be completely fucked over by SR unnecessarily. No type can afford to take a hit like that--even "Lightning." Rock just needs some of its weaknesses removed.
>>
HOW TO REALLY FIX IT

All types but Grass, Water, and Fire are removed, as are all attacks that aren't equal power and accuracy Grass, Water, and Fire moves.

You now have 3 types, each capable of learning 1 move. Also all states are now equal as well.

There I fixed the meta, didn't say it had to be a good fix.
>>
>>26128076
>Sap Sipper Azumarill
>>
>>26128107
Abilities and Natures are also removed.

In fact, everything is removed but Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, all with 150 HP, and each with 1 attack. That attack has 10 Power, 100 Accuracy, it can't cause status ailments, it can't miss, etc.
>>
Let me do this.

>Fire is SE against fairy
>Ice resist water
>Stealth rock does not affect flying/levitate
>>
File: 1380594235283.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
1380594235283.gif
2MB, 310x325px
>tfw normal will never be supereffective against anything
>>
>>26128166
It will when the Alien type becomes a thing
>>
>>26128154
Retarded.
Stealth rock was literally made to hit flying types, as spikes and toxic spikes don't.
>>
>>26128154
Why not just have Stealth Rocks not deal damage based on type? Just have it hit all Pokemon for the same damage it does now neutrally (12.5%).
>>
>>26129056
Why do you even want to nerf Rocks? Charizard, Volcarona and Talonflame are already really good. Ice types won't be and more viable without Rocks, and neither will Bug/Flying trashmons like Butterfree and the like. Seriously, can you name any Pokémon that would be viable if it was not for Stealth Rocks?

On the other hand, Fire, which is already one of the top 5 offensive and defensive types, would get stronger. As would Flying, which is right on the cusp of being the next OP offensive type. Matches would also get stallier and slower in general, since punishing switches would be harder.

Not to mention that Defog, Rapid Spin, Taunt, Magic Bounce and Magic Coat already exist.

So what is actually unbalanced about Rocks? Or did you just buy into the
>Sneaky Pebbles too strong nerf now
meme without thinking?
>>
>Bug now SE to Fairy, and resists it
>Water now weak to Poison
>Ice now resists Grass and Water
>Stealth Rocks deal 25.% max
>U Turn and Volt Switch lose 10 BP
>Gale Wings priority goes after all other Priority moves
>>
>>26129546
>bug se to fairy and resist it
>ice resists grass and water
For what purpose?
>>
>>26129546
>>26129591

For what purpose to all of those. Without your reasoning those might as well be random.
>>
>>26127489
C-can we make ghost resist fairy so Sableye and Spiritomb get their Gimmick back?
>>
>>26129628
No. Fuck off!
>>
>>26129591
>>26129608
>Bug now SE to Fairy, and resists iit
Bug got nerfed when Fairy got a Bug Resist. It needs a buff, seeing as how it's a pretty bad typing right now
>Ice resists Grass and Water
Ice resists one thing right now: Itself. It needs a defensive buff desperately
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 100x100px
>>26129636
>>
>>26129736
>muh bugs
If any Bug should resist Fairy but not being SE and something else loses their resistance to it. Maybe Fire.
>>
>>26129769
I don't even like Bug, but it needs a buff.
Atleast remove Fairy resisting Bug.
>>
>>26129499

this, thank you, it's good to see not everyone on this board is a 12 year old charizardfag
>>
>>26128116
>crits
>>
>>26127489
you did literally nothing
>Parental Bond
>What do you fucking think we're changing about this?
>Geomancy charge up can't be skipped by the Power herb
>>
Here's how you really fix it
>Bug is no longer resisted against Fairy
>Fairy resists Ghost
>Fairy is weak to and resisted by Psychic
>Honchkrow is weak to Machamp
>Ice now resists Flying
>Non-Ice types lose one stage of speed in Hail
>>
File: type_chart.png (53KB, 445x298px) Image search: [Google]
type_chart.png
53KB, 445x298px
>>26127489
competitive players needs to stop playing Pokémon and taking Pokémon battles so seriously.

I mean. They ruining Pokémon with their dumb ideas about balancing the game.
>>
File: type_chart_(6th_gen).png (167KB, 1390x834px) Image search: [Google]
type_chart_(6th_gen).png
167KB, 1390x834px
Nah. It's perfect, as it is.
you need to taking Pokémon battles so seriously.
>>
>Ice resists Water and is super effective against it, while losing super effectiveness against Ground
>No longer weak to Fighting
>Bug super effective against Fairy and Ground
>>
>>26127650
>(probably Dragon because they're still good and Steel is meant to be defensive)
I hate you.
Dragons are already super effective against fuck all, they're only considered special because of their defensive properties. Specifically, "resisting all four starter types".
>>
>>26131226
No.
>>
>>26128154
>Fire is SE against fairy
It already is...
>>
File: why.png (29KB, 647x398px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
29KB, 647x398px
>>26127650

>- Ice resists/not affected by water, now super effective on bug

Fuck you.
>>
Why is everyone ignoring grass, possibly the worst type. Make grass no longer weak to flying imo
>>
>>26131287
Why not? Of course I'm open to discussion, I'm not in charge of making any decisions, I legitimately want to think of ways to actually improve the meta.
I feel like Ice and Bug types are really the only ones that need a "buff". Resisting water feels like a solid idea to me, maybe even resisting grass as well.
>>
How would you fix Psychic-type?
>>
>>26131334

Does Grass really need any more types resisting it?
>>
>>26131337
They can now hit dark types. Not very effectively tho.
>>
>>26131354
No, you're right.
I agree it could no longer be resisted by Flying, but that's a type with already limited offensive capabilities. Then again, there's like only one pure Flying type, so that's not much of a big deal.
What about losing its Poison weakness as well? It's not like that's a particularly offensive type.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.