[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people on /vp/ hate Gen 1 and its Pokémon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

Why do so many people on /vp/ hate Gen 1 and its Pokémon?
>>
Because they're underage fags trying to get back at the genwunner boogieman that doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>26103313

Nobody hates Gen I. /vp/ just doesn't like people who ONLY like Gen I, and disregard every other generation.
>>
>>26103323
>people who ONLY like Gen I, and disregard every other generation.

There is literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>26103313
overrated generation and overrated Pokémon.
>>
>>26103331

Most of /vp/ would disagree.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 326x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 326x455px
>>26103320

Yeah, sure:

>>26103331
>>
>>26103320
This, underage tryhards trying to fit in.
>>
>>26103313
Kanto wasn't bad. The region felt nice, and it had more freedom than most following regions did. The pokemon weren't bad either. They were a bit heavy on poison types, but whatever. The gen 1 games, though, were horrible abominations. They had bugs out the ass, and were balanced terribly. You could literally catch placeholder data.
>>
>>26103313
Nothing is wrong with gen 1. I just think the games have aged like milk and there's no point playing them instead of FR/LG unless it's for nostalgia's sake.
>>
>>26103313
Mostly underage kids.
Also probably some that got bullied during gen III/IV by genwunners in real life went it wasn't cool to like pokémon anymore, and has misguided their hate
The fact that any of them think that real genwunners actually visit /vp/ is somewhat amusing.
>>
>>26103357
I'm not a genwunner though.
>>
I don't hate Gen I

Gens II, IV and V are just better
>>
I don't hate it, I just don't put it on a podium.
>>
>>26103369
This. I hate encountering genwunners in real life, though. It's annoying as fuck to talk about Pokemon with someone and realize they're not actually a fan, just someone holding too hard onto their childhood. I'm really sick of this whole 90s child nostalgia thing as a whole. And before anyone comments, I was born in '89, I was there and am still sick of it.
>>
They are desperate to not be lumped in with the "genwunner" strawman
>>
>>26103441
It's not a strawman though. Those type of people really exist, just not on 4chan. Go look at Facebook or real life sometime.
>>
>>26103313
Here's my honest opinion.

First of all, the negatives:
>The RGBY mainline games aged like milk and even taking into account nostalgia value GSC are more worth putting on that pedestal
>the OS cartoon wasn't really any better than its subsequent seasons would be (then again, when is it ever good, am I right?)
>the gen 1 fanbase has a vocal minority (at least, I'm assuming it's a minority, I may be wrong though) that's absolutely cancerous

And on the other hand, the positives:
>the sidegames are enjoyable, even gen 1's
>the merch was okay
>the TCG was great before power creep kicked in
>I'm sure some people just plain prefer the simplicity of playing a Game Boy game over how complex things have gotten
>the speculation and theories and such were almost perfect (I said almost because actual perfection is impossible to achieve)
>>
On a similar note, anybody find FireRed and LeafGreen to be sort of suffocating to play?

Compared to the originals which were built to be that small, something doesn't feel right about the remakes even if they're technically better. I think it's all the restrictions and general vanillaness compared to other regions

I really wish they took more risks with Kanto's design
>>
>>26103522
FRLG is actually my favorite remakes.
But yeah, it has some quite awful shortcomings like how Golbat's evolution was handled.
>>
>>26103313
Because they scrawl Facebook and Youtube comments for ebic genwun normies to REEEEEEEEE at.
>>
>>26103331
But its like sexuality. Keep it to yourself, no one wants to hear about it on a board about ALL pokemon generations.
>>
>>26103313
I don't hate Gen I or it's Pokemon. I think it was a fine game for the time that hasn't aged well, that's all.

I don't even hate people that have Gen I as their favorite.

What I DO hate are the ones that run around screaming HURR ONLY 150 POKEMON EVERYTHING ELSE IS SHIT HURR.
>>
>>26103580
>DON'T SAY IT UNLESS I AGREE WITH IT

yeah nah fuck off.
>>
>>26103618
When you reject 5/6 of the franchise and dont keep up, you have nothing to discuss there anyway.
>>
>>26103618
Yeah you can have your opinion even when it's wrong.
>>
>>26103643
>you have nothing to discuss there anyway.

no. there are things to discuss.

>>26103649
It's not wrong though.
>>
>>26103618
I mean, you can say that but genwunners act the exact same. They shove it in everyones face when no one cares what pokemon you like.
>>
>post team of gen 1 mons because gen 1 pokemon are my favorite
>HURRR WHY ARE YOU ONLY USING GEN ONE POKEMON YOU GENWUNNER REEEE

anti-genwunners are infinitely worse than genwunners.
>>
It's literally always been "normies reee" but now we have a meme which personifies it.
>>
>>26103313
I don't think anyone legitimately hates Gen I here, it's just annoying when people disregard all gens that came afterwards because they played R/B/Y as a kid and grew out of it, yet claim they're a fan of the franchise.
>>
My brother is a real life Genwunner.

Every time a new game comes out and I try to show him the new Pokemon, he's all like NAW BRO THOSE DON'T LOOK LIKE POKEMON. RED AND BLUE ARE THE BEST. I wish I was kidding.

Dude was hating on Pangoro of all things. Who the hell hates on Pangoro?
>>
>>26103740
Constantly refer to him as your sister and with she/her pronouns. If that doesn't get under hi-I mean, HER skin, I don't know what will.
>>
>>26103740
People who aren't degenerate barafags?
>>
>>26103740
I really don't see the problem. You're the one trying to convince him.
If he was making the remarks unasked I would get you.
>>
The game itself is obviously outdated as hell, and has several mechanics that just straight up don't work, but the hate on /vp/ is primarily from fans of the most recent generations who have decided to retroactively find "faults" (that they never actually thought about years ago) with designs or the region or the characters or whatever to justify their love for newer mons and shit on their detractors. It's stupid as fuck but oh well.
>>
>>26103740
Pangoro is pretty based but it would be thousands of times better without that odd, perfectly straight (hard?) cape.
>>
>>26103776
I usually don't show him anything until he asks about them. He sees me playing the new games, makes a snide remark, I try to show him new Pokemon, he calls them shit.

We've been doing this since Diamond and Pearl, and we'll probably be doing it forever.
>>
>>26103779
Pokemon is probably the only RPG series where people still put the early games on a pedestal compared to later installments that I can think of

Most fans of other RPGs tend to hate the earlier installments of something for being so archaic
>>
>>26103796
Try playing other mon series. See how he reacts then.
>>
>>26103358
"No srsly guise Gen V is thw best cuz, um, STUPID GENWUNNERS"

/vp/ in a nutshell
>>
>>26103804
There are a shit ton of people that won't look at any FF game after 7.
There are a decent amount of FE fans which really dislike the later installments, and it's a strategy RPG.
I'm not even going to start on MMORPG's like WoW.
>>
>>26103818
Waaaay back in the day, I got Monster Rancher Evo and brought it home, super excited to play it.

He watched me play the first two hours and ended up laughing out of the room by the end.
>>
>>26103858
If he's one of those who "grew out of the series" at gen 2 or 3, then ask him why he hasn't moved on yet.
>>
Because all the permavirgin manchild nerds on this board were bullied in middle school, when Gen III came out and the pokeboom finally died out, so they have built-up resentment over the years because pokemon was conisidered gay and for kids during that touchy kid-teen phase. And now the bullies are facebook normies praising Gen I and belittling the rest
>>
>>26103313
Because it's overused. Every time I see a stupid meme about Pokémon that has something to do with the gen I starters I want to strangle someone.
>>
/vp/ is one of the most underage boards on 4chan. The people who hate gen 1 are the ones who never got to experience it, and are jealous because they weren't able to get on the ride from the very beginning like the rest of us and they probably feel like they missed out on a big part of their lives because pokemon is still their favorite game/show
>>
>>26103767
I wish my sibling would do this to me
>>
>>26103804
Final fantasy fags still suck cloud's dick to this day, even when seven was boring as fuck.
>>
>>26103903
>if you don't have nostalgia for something I have nostalgia for, you're underage
>>
>>26103912
No, that's Kingdom Hearts and Advent Children fags
>>
>>26103914
>I don't have nostalgia for gen 1 but I was totally alive back then guys
>>
>>26103914
That's not what he said at all. He explicitly said people that hate gen I. Because there is really no reason to do so.
>>
>>26103922
Thanks for reminding me that Kingdom Hearts exists and that there people out there that actually like it.
>>
>>26103943
Kids and teens excited for 3 had to wait over 10 years to get the fucking game and are all out of school and out of the target audience

What the fuck was Nomura thinking
>>
>>26103942
>there is no reason to do so
Actually there is
>it's aged like shit
>it's oversaturated with memes
>90% of people first think of gen I when anyone mentions Pokémon
>it overshadows every other gen when it is undeniably the blandest
Those are just some reasons to hate gen I.
>>
>>26103965
>it's aged like shit
That's a terrible reason to hate a game
>it's oversaturated with memes
Not anymore than newer games
>90% of people first think of gen I when anyone mentions Pokémon
>it overshadows every other gen when it is undeniably the blandest
So you basically hate it for its fanbase. That's silly and I hope you know it.
>>
>>26103987
>hating a game that looks like I could emulate it on an etch-a-sketch is a bad reason
>hating a game for it's autistic fanbase is bad
Okay, xxMinecraftboy69xx
>>
>>26103987
>The game not being fun is a terrible reason to hate it

Come on bro, the others are subjective reasons sure but they're valid under people the same way others disregard everything but Gen I

That first part makes you look dumb
>>
>>26104013
>hating a 20 year old game for it's graphics
>hating a game for it's normie fanbase
Okay, Anonymous
>>
I don't hate it, I find it inferior to the other gens.
>>
>>26104021
It's a perfectly good reason to not like the games (anymore). However hating a game because it doesn't keep up with today's standards is just illogical.
>>
>>26104026
>I'm not allowed to dislike a game for it's graphics
>I'm not allowed to dislike autist normies
Kill yourself, and go back to 9fag
>>
>>26104047
Maybe because as children our standards aren't as high and it's easier to feed shit to a developing mind

I think people are justified in not liking games where having punching moves on a boxing Pokemon is a bad idea, or the fact majority of the dex is weak to the nuclear type and that was what we called balance
>>
File: 1441243317399.png (182KB, 209x322px) Image search: [Google]
1441243317399.png
182KB, 209x322px
>>26104065
>autist normies
>>
>>26104047
>anymore
When did I say that I've hated gen I since its conception? I've just hated gen I ever since it's been made obsolete and jumped on by normies.
>>
>>26104065
>I'm not allowed to dislike a game for it's graphics
You are, but it is a weird choice since pokémon games has never and still has pretty shitty graphics for its time.
>I'm not allowed to dislike autist normies
You are, but it's a shitty reason to hate a game. Also autists and normies are like the polar opposites.
>>
>>26104065
Its painfully obvious that you're a 14 year old hipster who is somehow retarded enough to think he's fitting in as a '4channer' or something by being as edgy as possible
>>
>>26103331
Weak b8, m8
>>
>>26104084
Hence the brackets. I find it a silly reason to hate a game, I can easily see why you wouldn't care for it. But actually feeling anger towards it because it felt obsolete to you just seems incredibly odd.
>>
>>26104096
>autists and normies are polar opposites
Most normies are autists you dense retard.
>>26104115
>telling a retard like you to fuck off is "edgy"
Nice meme
>>
>>26104119
It's not wrong, just as long as you aren't in-your-face about it.
Like I liked vanilla WoW and disregard anything after it. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as I'm not actively seeking out current players and shoving my opinion down their throats.
>>
>>26104126
I mostly feel anger towards it because of the normies that have jumped on it. The game itself I don't really hate, I just find it boring. It's just repeated mentions of it and stuff about it drives me up the wall.
>>
>>26104140
I really don't think you know what autistic means, neither in the real sense or how it is used on 4chan.
>>
>>26104153
So basically a case of "stop liking what I don't like"?
>>
>>26104176
More like, "stop sensationalizing what I don't like"
>>
File: 1439256144834.jpg (61KB, 312x560px) Image search: [Google]
1439256144834.jpg
61KB, 312x560px
>>26104203
So basically a case of "stop liking what I don't like"?
>>
File: 57709979.jpg (62KB, 468x316px) Image search: [Google]
57709979.jpg
62KB, 468x316px
>>26104046
This. I fail to see how "it was da best" when the franchise has gotten much better over the years. Although I feel that people who say it are probably referring to the 90's craze than the quality of the gen itself.
>>
>>26104360
>the franchise has gotten better over the years
96.5% of /vp/ would disagree with you, 87% of those disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing.
>>
>>26104381
It was probably due to existence of ORAS. The remakes had potential to be one of the best games in the franchise, and Gamefreak fucked it up to the point that they didn't even meet the less obvious expectations. Which brought a wake up call to this board that Gamefreak is immensely incompetent as game devs.
>>
>>26104520
>le "OR/AS is the worst meme"
Ebin. Kill yourself, you are part of the 87% of the 96.5%. Fucking contrarian niggertrons. Worst humans out there.
>>
>>26104539
ORAS does suck though, but that's because Hoenn a shit. The games themselves were a huge step up from the mediocrity of X and Y

Gen VI as a whole will go down as the worst in terms of general likeability, ironically the most heavy with nostalgia-pandering too
>>
>>26104622
Yeah man everything sucks. I hate sun and moon already.
>>
File: 1458578862239.jpg (77KB, 801x599px) Image search: [Google]
1458578862239.jpg
77KB, 801x599px
>>26104641
Never said that. I like Gen I, II, IV and V

But whatever helps you sleep at night nigger
>>
>>26103313
I don't, I started with gen 1 afterall
What I do hate is genwunners, people who insist gen 1 is the only good generation, and use bad designs from modern generations to "prove it", even though gen 1 has equally strange designs in some cases.
>>
>>26103349
Most of /vp/ is between the ages of 10-15
>>
>>26103313
15 year old sinnohfetuses trying to be 'edgy'. They have some shred of jealousy that they were born too late to see pokémon at it's height of popularity so they have to let their frustration out some way.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.