[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

catching them used to be exciting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: stallcancer.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
stallcancer.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
I haven't been this excited for catching a pokemon in over 10 years. Should they make a few pokemon harder to catch in their upcoming games?
>>
>>26099418
No it's pointless it be given out either by breeding rejects and/or just being hack..... The future sucks........
>>
>>26099514
To add now I know 99% of the game before it comes out
>>
File: XY_Mountain_Kalos__Diploma.png (79KB, 388x165px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Mountain_Kalos__Diploma.png
79KB, 388x165px
>>26099418
I think, you should stop playing Pokémon games. If you feel that.
>>
>>26099545
I still get enjoyment out of breeding competitive shinies and the online component thankfully, I just wish that completing the dex was more challenging and time consuming. Although >>>26099514 does make a good point.
>>
>>26099418
I feel that having to keep batteries on hand made playing on handhelds more exciting. Should they make it harder to keep charged in their upcoming handhelds?
>>
I think they give all legendaries events. Fuck giving them out for free and fuck roaming legendaries too
>>
>>26099418
>Capturing Chansey
>Exciting
>Literally keep missing Safari Balls until you get one that succeeds the Pokemon
Nah
>>
>>26099418
It's probably just your interest in Pokemon not being strong anymore.

Myself personally, completing the Pokedex is pros by my favorite part of the game, since I quit competitive shit back in 2010.
>>
>>26099657
>I just wish that completing the dex was more challenging and time consuming.
For what purpose? Especially since we're coming up on 800 pokemon.
There's no reason to make it hard or time consuming.
>>
>>26099418
I agree and disagree.
I feel that regular pokemon are just as whatever to catch as they always were, but I feel Legendaries have gone down. My favorite time with legendaries was gen 4. So many legendaries, and they each had their own area you had to go to in order to get them (besides the roamers). I was really sad when XY only had 4 legendaries a file and ORAS just shit them all out over islands with barely any depth to them
>>
>>26101778
>with barely any depth to them
To be fair, it adds to the hoopa lore.
>>
>>26100134
You do realize you just contradicted yourself.
>>
It was only exciting because you were a child
>>
>>26101810
Yep, people think Pokemon changed, and it did, but they also think they're the same person they were when they were six, and they aren't.
>>
>>26101810
Nah, this is bullshit. That whole "it was only X because you were a kid!" excuse is dumb as hell. I can enjoy things equally then and now in the same way.

I'm not OP. I thought it was a blast catching pokemon when I was a kid. Not so much anymore.

And you know what? I have a living dex. I then went back and caught them all in Red on the VC, and I had a fucking blast again. The pokemon were just simply laid out better.
>>
>>26101896
Yes because people totally don't refine their tastes over the years and lose the wonder and magic of childhood.

Grow up, it affects everyone and unless you're a child now it's already affected you.
>>
>>26101896
>I then went back and caught them all in Red on the VC, and I had a fucking blast again.
Congrats, that's the nostalgia talking.

As someone who didn't have any interest in Pokemon at the time I can tell you that the layout of Pokemon was absolutely nonsensical at times when it came to RBY.
>>
>>26101915
No, there's a fucking difference between changing taste, and simply being able to enjoy things. You throw around that whole "you were just a kid!" thing, but that's some weak blanket logic that can be vaguely applied to anything. By that same token, you shouldn't even be playing pokemon anymore because you did it as a kid.

Like I said. Did them both as a kid and as an adult. I still enjoyed catching them all in Red more than I did in the new games.
>>
>>26101950
>Congrats, that's the nostalgia talking.

Read as: I have no argument, so I'll just blame it on nostalgia.

Nostalgia doesnt work when youre actively experiencing it again, retard. It's only in memory.
>>
>>26101982
>Nostalgia doesnt work when youre actively experiencing it again
Yes it does you fucking retard.
You don't instantly forget the experiences you had as a child, in fact it's more likely to resurface in an attempt to relive those memories as an adult.

You are literally letting the nostalgia take over your judgement.
>>
>>26102010
No. It doesn't. Nostalgia is just the longing of something of the old. It blinds you ONLY in retrospect because you cherry pick good memories. If youre actively experiencing it, you dont get to cherry pick. It doesnt' make any damn sense that nostalgia would blind you WHILE youre experiencing it again if the flaws are plain as day.

By that logic, I should then have no fault with the game because of "hurr muh nostalgia". But that's not true. There's stuff in there I liked as a kid that I dont now. Also my brother, who like you, never experienced this as a kid, went through with me and did it and also enjoyed it. So fuck you.

Also to go over it on a more objective note, RB were designed in a way where there was almost always at least one new encounter per route, and outside of Pidgey and Rattata, excessive repeats weren't as common as they were in later games. A lot of the repeat 'mon (such as Geodude and Tentacool) were far less repeated in Red than they were in subsequent games, making them less annoying. Going through the journey, you can actively CATCH most of them, spending some effort to trail off a bit in whatever area youre at. You dont have to rely as heavily on grinding. Furthermore, at the end, Cerulean Cave has nearly every final evolution obtainable in the wild. The only real offenders were Chansey, (which you can catch in Cerulean) and Porygon.

In ORAS? There's a lot of waiting for the islands to show up by random, a ton of pokemon you need to grind to evolve, and a shit ton of item centric evolutions which usually involves battle maison shit.

I dont know how you think that that's more fun.
>>
>>26099418
>you will never experience the joy of catching a Safari Game Pokémon in ORAS or any new games

Fuck the mobile generation
>>
>>26101803
No? Read the thread.
>>
>>26101896
>I can enjoy things equally then and now in the same way.
This is literally untrue. There's not a single person that's an exact carbon copy of their former self in any past.
>>
>>26102191
If you have to split hairs that much for your argument, you know there's something wrong.
>>
>>26102089
>A lot of the repeat 'mon (such as Geodude and Tentacool) were far less repeated in Red
Those were the games where they were repeated the most you retard.
Tentacool could be found in nearly every patch of water with 19, 20 and 21 being 100% encounters while surfing.
Geodude could be found in every cave now bar Cerulean and Seafoam beaten only by Zubat who could be found in all but Cerulean

Now lets get down to business
>Spearow - 7 routes
>Ekans - 5
>Sandshrew - 6
>Oddish - 9
>Venonat - 5
>Psyduck - 5
>Polywag - 25
25 different areas across the entirety of the Kanto region. People should have made Poliwag a fucking meme instead of Zubat.

I could go on just to show you how many pokemon could be found in how many different areas of the game but I think I've made my point.

Then there were ones that didn't make sense like Fire types on Cinnabar and stone evos in Cerulean cave, the distribution of Pokemon in the gen 1 games made no fucking sense half of the time and not to mention the newer pokemon had lower encounter rates than the ones you've already encountered. It was fucking stupid.
Not to mention you as the player had to imagine the environments they lived in when it came to the gen 1 games.

>Going through the journey, you can actively CATCH most of them, spending some effort to trail off a bit in whatever area youre at.
You can literally do that in every other game, there's nothing stopping you other than your own need to rush the game.

>There's a lot of waiting for the islands to show up by random
You are aware that they change when you use the buzznav(?) right?

>a ton of pokemon you need to grind to evolve
Yes because Blissey bases totally aren't a thing, meanwhile in RBY the only good place to grind is Cerulean where your EXP gain is extremely poor or the Elite 4.

>and a shit ton of item centric evolutions which usually involves battle maison shit.
Where's the problem here exactly beyond you whining about a non issue?
>>
>>26100940
>>26099418

Not to mention Chansey also just appears in cerulean cave so you can use status effects on it.

Tauros and Kangaskhan were considerably harder to get until yellow version.
>>
>>26102292
>Those were the games where they were repeated the most you retard.

Literally impossible. Red didn't have 2 games before it of having only Tentacool's appear on Water routes. Red had 2 major routes with that occuring and thats IT. They existed in every surfable water patch, but you weren't required to go through 90% of it, so what does it matter? If a tentacool is occupying the 3 tiles in Viridian city, but you never have to, and probably will never even want to surf on it, it causes no issue.

>Geodude could be found in every cave now bar Cerulean and Seafoam beaten only by Zubat who could be found in all but Cerulean

Wrong. Neither of those were found in Diglett tunnel.

Also again, they were surrounded by new encounters and didn't have 2 games before it having literally the same thing.

>People should have made Poliwag a fucking meme instead of Zubat.

Gee, maybe because it wasn't a mandatory encounter? You'd have to specifically TRY and run into Poliwag in every route.

What the fuck does it matter if you don't actively encounter them? I could complain about too many Voltorbs if I just never left the power plant, but that's not the natural movement of the game.

>You can literally do that in every other game, there's nothing stopping you other than your own need to rush the game.

Not nearly the same percentage. You have to do a shit ton more evolving, proportionaltly.

>You are aware that they change when you use the buzznav(?) right?

Okay? So? Its still cycing through random shit. And you have to do it a balls ton.

>Yes because Blissey bases totally aren't a thing

It's still grinding. The EXP gain sucks ass dick in Red, sure, but you dont need to do it even fucking CLOSE to the amount you need to in ORAS.

>Where's the problem here exactly beyond you whining about a non issue?

Because it makes completing the dex a damn chore? It's fine for normal evolutions but not entire dex completion.

It's shit m8. Deal with it.
>>
>>26102390
Not him

> You have to do a shit ton more evolving, proportionaltly.
So are you saying they should just discard pokemon each and every game rather than make the available further increasing the tedium through transferals and such?

> but you dont need to do it even fucking CLOSE to the amount you need to in ORAS.
Yeah, you have to do it more because of the lower EXP gain, whereas in ORAS you can evolve five or even 6 Pokemon at a time through the use of the Blissey bases gaining anywhere between 50/70 levels in a single battle depending on if you're using an item or O power or not.

>Because it makes completing the dex a damn chore?
So your problem revolves around the fact that there's too many pokemon for you to catch.

Maybe Pokemon isn't the game for you.
>>
>>26102292
Isn't Poliwag mostly found via fishing? Does that even count?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.