[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 48-Klinklang line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 16

File: BGZAk.png (108KB, 386x300px) Image search: [Google]
BGZAk.png
108KB, 386x300px
Yesterday was the Ferrothorn line, now today will be about the sentient gears Klink, Klang, and Klinklang.
My thoughts: This line is the exact opposite of the Ferrothorn line. By that I mean, where I'm perturbed that the Ferrothorn line is so disliked designwise, I'm equally puzzled that the Klinklang line actually has a sizeable fanbase that likes it. Whether it be the design or concept, I can't tell, but trust me when I say there's fans of this gear line.
I've never used a Klinklang, so I don't have any firsthand experience in terms of competitive. All I've heard is that it's a Pokemon with squandered potential. Like, Klinklang could be much better if it was given more damaging moves.
Overall, This line is pretty odd. I don't hate them, but just like I asked why Ferrothorn is so disliked, I'd like to know what makes Klinklang so likeable.
>>
>>26085810
Indifferent at first but then I gradually felt they were retarded. And I like Gen 5 a lot.
>>
>>26085810
moxy u here?
>>
File: tumblr_n5fqs7ZJrT1tox4pho1_1280.jpg (75KB, 600x738px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5fqs7ZJrT1tox4pho1_1280.jpg
75KB, 600x738px
A very misunderstood line. I like it a lot. Wish it had moves, though.
>>
Literally THE worst Pokemon line to ever be made. Even Vanilluxe and Garbodor are nothing in comparison, because this is just two identical gears with a face adding another one for each stage. Had Klinklang been on its own, it might have been an interesting bizarre design like Sigilyph or Klefki, but as it stands, this is just a terrible and uninspired design that's a complete fucking blemish upon the franchise. Absolute shit, that's what it is.
>>
Final evolution should have been a single gag pokemon, not a serious 3-evolution legit pokemon.
>>
I love this line
Just wish GF didn't forget to give it a movepool
Or abilities
Or anything that isn't shift gear
>>
File: 1408045170255.png (312KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1408045170255.png
312KB, 1024x682px
>>26085810

The Klinklang line should have gone as follows:

Klang should have been the first stage. (Series of gears.)
Klinklang should have been the second. (Gears with a power source.)
The final stage should have been some kind of massive clockwork machine. (Gears and power source used to fuel a larger construct.)

It wouldn't have even needed to be anything crazy like the Klangtrain here, just SOMETHING more complex than what we got. Maybe it could have been some kind of spinning top with mechanical arms moving around its central axis, just so the whole perpetual-motion element of its design remained intact.
>>
File: 1391036110624.jpg (119KB, 811x702px) Image search: [Google]
1391036110624.jpg
119KB, 811x702px
>>26085810
It's one of my favorite Steel Pokemon, and Steel is my second favorite type. Klang feels somewhat pointless, though. Klink->Klinklang->an actual device or robot of some sort I think would have been much more appreciated. Maybe a Mega will fix that aspect.

Also, it needs more moves. How does a cave dwelling Steelmon not have EQ and Rock coverage? And give it Rapid Spin, too.
>>
Very bland like most of the stuff from gen V.
>>
>>26085810
Awful in every way.
Should not exist.
>>
>>26086095
This
And it should look like >>26086157
>>
>>26086182
Just like you
>>
File: really-pl-ffffff-3.jpg (44KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
really-pl-ffffff-3.jpg
44KB, 496x496px
>>26086175
>Like most stuff from Gen 5
>>
>>26085810

I like it. It's fun to use, too. I also think the lore behind it is cool and kind of weird. It just randomly appeared 100 years ago, for some reason? I wonder how.

Probably should've only been Klink and Kinklang, though.
>>
I like that it gets plus, minus and magnetic flux even if it's just a gimmick set for doubles it's fun to play.

The design is alright, I don't like it when pokemon float around without having the levitate ability but still not that bad
>>
File: Large black gear nipples.jpg (39KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
Large black gear nipples.jpg
39KB, 500x522px
>>26085810
I like klinklang. It could be much more than it is though, just have to hope they could redeem it for everyone else with a cool mega. Even used it on showdown a few times because of shift gear, shitters seem to have a hard time against it but otherwise it doesn't add much to the team, at least in singles.
>>
>>26085810
I've been avoiding these threads normally but I had to pitch in some Klinklang love.
Absolute favourite Steel type and one of my favourites period. Love the designs, love the concept, love the whole deal of "evolving" by direct upgrading rather than entire biological change, since its a living machine/engine.
I wish it had a diverse movepool but Gear Shifting+Grinding is satisfying as fuck every time.

I'm not gonna badmouth Magnetfans like most seem to do when Klinklang is mentioned, such adversity aint necessary. Can't our mecha-bros fight side-by-side?
>>
File: hmff.jpg (114KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
hmff.jpg
114KB, 333x500px
>>26086191
>>26086095
>If its not cool/badass, it should be a total goof Dan Hibiki tier character
When oh when will this notion die out.
>>
>>26086548
Thanks
>>
Not one I have used or plan to use.
There were some interesting parallels to older pokemon when BW came out and this one sort of seemed like a nod to Magnemite line.

The final evolution makes no sense to me. It barely changes from the second stage. Maybe if it became something a bit different I'd me more apt to give it a try.

Simply, I don't get it. Not something I would want to use on a team.
>>
>>26085810
I dont mind klingklang as a concept, but I feel like it needs an extra touch before I can consider it not dumb.
I get how it's a set of gears, but how does it exist?
Was it mutated from some kind of manmade disaster?
Is it psychic or ghostly?
Is it even capable of thought or emotion?
Doesn't really say, we're just kind expected to believe that it's a thing, and that's a little bit too vague for me.
>>
>>26085810
I like it. It's really not that offensive like most would love to have you believe.

However, Klang is just a waste of space. Really could have settled for just Kling > Klingklang, but hey what do I know of Game Freak's mysterious modus operandi when it comes to making these things.

The move pool could use a much needed buff, but I love it's two exclusive Steel type moves, Gear Grind and Gear Shift. Most new Pokémon would be lucky to have even one unique move all to themselves, let alone two, or not have it be distributed to more Pokémon later on making it less unique.

I really do feel like that time is almost upon us again with Magearna. Has gear in it's name and it's HEAD is a fucking gear. I'd be amazed if it didn't get either Gear Grind or Gear Shift. I wouldn't complain if Magearna got either, though.
>>
>>26085810
Love the design and the dynamism.
Its two exclusive moves make it fun to use ingame.
Just wish Return wasnt literally the extent of its coverage.
>>
>>26086182
My nigga
>>
I don't love it. I don't hate it. Really, I have no strong opinion on this line. I sort of feel like I'm the only person who's just fairly indifferent to this thing.
>>
>>26085810
I'm love gen 5 but that Hong is just fucking magnemite/magnetron/magnezone
>>
>>26085810
Surprisingly I like it a lot.
Has a nice Magnemite vibe to it, learning electric attacks.
>>
>>26087481
>>26087487
>doesn't like the magnemitism
>likes the magnemitism

I love you guys.
This is why /vp/ is great.
Two completely different opinions.
Goes to show that anything is possible.
>>
File: sun and planet.gif (1MB, 600x331px) Image search: [Google]
sun and planet.gif
1MB, 600x331px
>>26085810
Please buff it/10
>>
File: Klinklang_Pokédex_entry_(1).png (31KB, 512x336px) Image search: [Google]
Klinklang_Pokédex_entry_(1).png
31KB, 512x336px
Klinklang is a interesting Pokémon.
>>
>>26085810
Klink is fine. Klingklang would be all right if it wasn't so similar to Klang. Klang would be all right if it weren't so similar to Klink. The line needs to remove Klang.
>>
>>26087795
No.
>>
>>26086157
I will never understand why people think this train is a good design.
>>
>>26085810
The whole line is very bland and boring, they really didn't try too hard when making them. It's very obvious that they were thinking of the Magnemite family.

To make things even worse for the gears, they learn almost no good moves, have awful abilities, AND evolve late. There's little reason to use them, unless you have no other options.
>>
There's a lot of similarities between the Kl- and Magne- lines, so I'm going to take things in that direction.

Disclaimer: I love both lines.

Magne- line was pretty weak (in terms of coolness) before -zone showed up. "Magnets pull together" is a perfectly decent theme, but visually boring. -zone acts as an ace in the hole by being the obvious endpoint of super-strong magnets, a horrible and awesome fused mess. That option isn't really available with Kl-. Sure, gears come together, but they don't fuse. Their entire point is to mesh together perfectly. Plenty of people say they wish many more gears would join in and make Klinklang into some sort of robot or something, but I've never been able to see a way for that to work without completely abandoning the gearworks nature of the line or becoming an over-designed mess.

Another thing I like is how perfectly it kept with Gen 5's theme of throwing back to Gen 1. One of the most common evolution patterns in 3-stage mons from the first gen is "stage 2 is bigger, stage 3 gets a new feature." You can see it in all of the starters, both plant lines, the Machop line, and Golem. (You can even include the Nido-s if you consider bipedalism a new feature). The Kl-s do this perfectly.

Would I have changed anything? Probably, but not much. My only problem with the line is that the spike hoop and the red gear are sideways. While it looks fine from some angles, most angles (including the default ones) really minimize the visual impact of them. Moving some gears around so that the spike wheel spun perpendicularly to the body may have done a lot towards making the final form seem like a big change.
>>
File: what the FUCK did you JUST SAY.jpg (111KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
what the FUCK did you JUST SAY.jpg
111KB, 800x450px
>>26087929
>"they were clearly ripping of the metal-orb with an eyeball, 2 magnets and a bunch of screws pokemon when they designed a pokemon line made entirely out of entirely different objects arranged in a completely different design"
Nobody
Not even an adult on a anime image board's sub-board for a childrens' video game series
Can possibly be this stupid.
>>
File: revised klinklang.png (44KB, 291x239px) Image search: [Google]
revised klinklang.png
44KB, 291x239px
>>26088079
>Moving some gears around so that the spike wheel spun perpendicularly to the body may have done a lot towards making the final form seem like a big change.

I realized this is a bit poorly worded, so here's something poorly drawn to help explain it.
>>
>>26088168
I think the spiked ring at the base helped center the mass of gears. It was more like a pedestal for the gears above, the engine, to be displayed. Putting the big not-gear on the side of the mass of gears makes it awkwardly side-heavy.
>>
>>26088160
Nice greentext, friend.
>>
Literally a gear
>>
>>26085810
I feel like these were made solely to show off Gem 5's animated sprites.

I still like them, though
>>
>>26088231

I thought about that, but noticed that Klang is already lopsided, so I just tried to build on that fact when placing it.

And I agree about the real design seeming like a pedestal. I just feel like that was a mistake, since treating the sole design change of the final form as a pedestal really undersells the change itself.
>>
File: screams internally.png (441KB, 472x464px) Image search: [Google]
screams internally.png
441KB, 472x464px
I cannot be the only one to have never seen any similarities between the mag- line and kl- line, right?
They're both inorganic, floating Steel types, and thats it.
Even then, thats just statistical stuff, like saying "A Giraffe and Otter are basically the same design, as they are both mammals with all four limbs on the ground and fur".
Their stats and movepools aren't similar, nor is their amount of evolutions, evolution methods, or even evolution-theme;
>Magneton is literally, LITERALLY 3 of the previous pokemon. Not fused, no new bits Magnemite didn't have. Just 3 Magnemites, exactly.
>Magnezone is a spaceship that doesn't have any Magnemite stuck to it, it looks like a completely new machine inspired by Magnemite

>Klang is Kling with a brand new gear behind it, plus the loss of one gear's face
>Klinklang is a Klang with an additional red orb-centered gear and a spiked ring

Klink line is direct upgrades, like peripherals for a computer.
Magnemite line is like having one computer, then two more identical computers but saying all 3 are one computer, then finally building a motorbike but adding a few parts from the computers onto it.

I think people just want to believe that since gen 5 reused a few concepts from gen 1 but with completely different designs, they must've reused ALL the gen 1 pokemon concepts and every Unova mon is a direct comparison to a Kanto mon.
>>
>>26088283
>Not mounting your magnum opus
If anything, the spiked ring should be more pronounced, or Klinklang should have more underneath it in general.
>>
File: 1391448435120.gif (675KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1391448435120.gif
675KB, 200x150px
>>26088235
Unparalleled wordplay and reasoning, friend. You showed that anon what for.
>>
>>26088365
>Magnezone is a spaceship that doesn't have any Magnemite stuck to it, it looks like a completely new machine inspired by Magnemite

Magnezone's arms ARE the Magnemite
>>
>>26088428
fused, with a rim around them, with one magnet each that now dont have the colors, and the screw at the back at a different angle, plus no other screws. Thats why I said "a spaceship inspired by Magnemite"
>>
>>26088415
Thanks, m8. I try my best.
>>
>>26085810
I just can't get behind the stupid permanent face. It has it even in amie when you feed it.
It's the way only one of the faces stays after it evolves, and it's not on the main body but more of a peripheral. That and the fact that it stays with that expression makes it look like it's a dead face mutation-style. The design really throws me off.

If the line was just Klink and Klinklang, and the last was a faceless mon like Starmie (and with a better work on that loose "spiky gear") I feel it would be a lot better.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.