[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bet you thought these leaks were real.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

File: Cg1XWMwWsAIX45q.jpg (33KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Cg1XWMwWsAIX45q.jpg
33KB, 600x536px
I bet you thought these leaks were real.
>>
File: download.jpg (114KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
114KB, 637x358px
>>26071876
>>
You thought those were real but it was actually me, Dio! xD
>>
Nope

I wanted them to be just for the fire kitty but the seal and the bird kill all believability instantly

Artist needs to study balance and color theory. And pokemon in general
>>
>>26071879
They're dead
>>
>>26071901
underrated post
>>
>>26071876
No they were dismantled pretty fast. Unlike Owl&friends.

An tabby and a seal are still likely
>>
>>26071876
I won't lie, I was definitely convinced these were the leaked starters upon first glance. After I kept staring at them a bit there was just something off about them. I just couldn't picture the grass bird being marketed on anything. It looked too close to your average deviantart fake
>>
>>26071876
I wouldn't mind them being real but we aren't getting starters with flying capabilities anymore.
>>
>>26071876
I don't even believe Sun and Moon are real yet.
>>
Too good to be true, gamefreaks don't have that much talent.
>>
>>26071984

>Sun and Moon turn out to be spin off games
>>
File: 1460642467264.jpg (169KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460642467264.jpg
169KB, 1280x720px
I was trying to be hopeful. This is way better than that fucked up owl with no beak
>>
I don't want to catch flack, one reply will do I swear, I've just been away from /vp/ for a month and wondered if these were proven fake yet?
I like the designs but I'm pretty skeptical and would feel better if I saw some proof, thanks in advance.
>>
Based timmy wrapping all the veepee children around his finger
>>
Someone needs to post a pic of someone peeing, mods be damned. There's your leaks.
>>
File: crying cat.jpg (13KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
crying cat.jpg
13KB, 500x259px
>>26071876
>qt seal pokemon will never be real
>>
>>26071876
I was hoping the whole time that they were fakesimply because I don't want to have to deal with 3-4 more years of Zodiacfaggotry
>>
>>26073387
It's just theory, anon.
Maybe it's even true. Don't let it bug you.
>>
>>26073387
Zodiacfaggotry exists because, well, GF IS following the Zodiac for a reason.
>>
>>26073333

Nice quads, but Timmy got BTFO by the actual artist.
>>
File: 1461484047674.png (339KB, 463x353px) Image search: [Google]
1461484047674.png
339KB, 463x353px
>>26071876
Ok we get it timmyturner, you wasted a good amount of your life to ruse some people for like an hour
now stop sucking your own cock
>>
File: lol.jpg (1MB, 1869x6500px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
1MB, 1869x6500px
>>26071876
no because they look like fucking neopets

these on the other hand..

well, well
>>
>>26071876

If you believed this even for a second you need to leave this board.
>>
>>26073417
>It's just theory
One that has been proven wrong with the Cyndaquil and Fenniken lines.

Despite that, people will stretch it to fit the theory. With that said, I want the next fire starter to be something that can't possibly be stretched to fit Zodiacfags delusions and have been hoping for a Bear for a while now.
>>
>>26073645
idk man I wouldnt mind a based fire/fighting ronin bear
>>
File: Sadshark.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Sadshark.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>26071876
I just liked them, anon.
>>
>>26073645
>One that has been proven wrong with the Cyndaquil and Fenniken lines.
It was never proven wrong with these. In fact, it was validated with them. Mouses are related to rats afterall. And you'd be an idiot to argue that foxes are not canines.
>>
>>26074136
Lions and Tigers are both in the Felidae family.
By zodiacfag logic, this means a Lion = a Tiger.

By the same logic this means that Sheep = Ox because they both belong to the Bovidae family.

Additionally Charmander is in no way a dragon but is a salamander. Zodicacfags want to include it because it evolves into a dragon, never mind the fact that Typhlosion is in no way a rat.

Additionally, by Zodiacfag logic Quilava and Typhlosion are literally Volcanos and are in no way animals since we have to follow Cyndaquil's "fire mouse" association despite it very clearly being an Echidna.

Zodiacfags will stretch and contradict to fit their own broken theory and it wont stop until we get something that cannot be stretched in anyway to fit their theme.

So please let me have a bear or something.
>>
>>26074294
There's no proof that Quilava and Typhlosion aren't rats and mouses, though. Typhlosion even looks like a rat when you think about it, so it validates the theory.
>>
>>26074379
>There's no proof that Quilava and Typhlosion aren't rats and mouses.
There is no proof that they are either.

>Typhlosion even looks like a rat when you think about it.
It's looks like a Honey Badger

>so it validates the theory.
No, it's more stretching to fit your broken theory
>>
>>26074294
The Japanese word for mouse is used as the English rodent. It isn't exclusively used to mice and rats. Bidoof isn't based on a mouse but it's a Mouse Pokémon. Same with Pikachu, Raichu, Sandshrew, and Sandslash.

Foxes being used in place of dogs works in a similar way in that it's close enough. Gamefreak clearly doesn't care about following scientific taxonomy closely because it's literally a game. They wanted a wizard starter so they chose a fox over a dog because foxes are magical creatures in their own folklore.

So until new starters are revealed and the fire starter doesn't fit, the zodiac theory is sound.

Also if the fire starter really is a cat (not a tiger), it still holds because it is part of zodiac stories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_%28zodiac%29
>>
>>26071876
I wish they were real.

GF will never make anything good compared to that water starter
>>
>>26074543
>There is no proof that they are either.
The Zodiac is proof of it. Get fucked.
>>
>>26071885
Ebin
>>26071876
Not even close. Mostly because of the bird. But it never even crossed my mind that they were real.
>>
These fake leaks will be better than the real thing
>>
>>26071876
Nah, it was too early for them to be real. Real shame though, they're fantastic designs, I would genuinely be conflicted over who to pick.
>>
>>26071899
Have you seen the clusterfuck that is Oshawott?
>>
>>26074136
Foxes are literally not canines you fucking retard. They are canids, not canines. There is a difference.
>>
>>26075732
How do you define when something is close enough? All living things are related, you could say literally any animal is close enough to another. Are foxes similar to dogs? Sure. But it's still not a fucking dog.

And Cyndaquil is not a rat. It's not even a rodent. Fucking look at it. It doesn't have a long tail, it doesn't have big incisors, it doesn't have big mouse ears. It's an echidna or maybe a hedgehog, neither of which are rodents.
And if you still want to claim it as a mouse because of "Fire Mouse", then you can't say Chimchar is a monkey, as it's the "Chimp Pokemon"

If you want to argue that chimps are close enough to monkeys that's even more retarded, chimps and monkeys are even farther away from each other than foxes and dogs are. Chimps and monkeys only share an order. If you want to count Chimchar as a monkey because they share an order, then that makes Fennekin a tiger and a bear as well as a dog because they all share an order (Carnivora). Tepig would also count for goat and ox in addition to pig since they all share an order (Artiodactyla)
>>
>>26075996
Well... Chimchar ISN'T a monkey, it IS a chimp. You should have went with the classic Blastoise being a Shellfish.
>>
>>26075935
Canids still fit the dog part of the Zodiac theory however, so it works out in the end.
>>
>>26076034
You're missing the point. If Chimchar is a chimp, then it can't be used in the zodiac, and the zodiac is disproven.
>>
>>26075996
>It's not even a rodent.
ro·dent
ˈrōdnt/
noun
noun: rodent; plural noun: rodents

a gnawing mammal of an order that includes rats, mice, squirrels, hamsters, porcupines, and their relatives, distinguished by strong constantly growing incisors and no canine teeth. They constitute the largest order of mammals.

The Japanese also don't distinguish between monkeys and apes. They use the word saru for both, just as they do nezumi (rodent) instead of mouse, rat, echidna, etc.

Again, taxonomy isn't something they use as a design rule.
>>
>>26075791
>fantastic designs
>>
>>26076048
Not saying I agree with this theory, but I mean it feels like splitting hairs. I don't know if the exact science behind what a Pokemon is based on is something that's factored in a lot in their designs. And it evolves into monkey. I think the next starter would have to be totally unrelated somehow. That'd be hard though considering how broad the remaining options.
>>
>>26075996
hamsters have short tails and small ears

capybaras barely even have a tail and have even smaller ears
>>
>>26076048
Even if Chimchar is a chimp, it still fits. It's a monkey in spirit, and that's all we need for it to fit neatly into the Zodiac theory.
>>
>>26076034
>>26076048
>chimps aren't monkeys

huh?????????
>>
>>26076042
Based on what? Once again, how do zodiacfags define when an animal is "close enough" to another?

>>26076066
>>26076093
>>26076096

>a gnawing mammal of an order that includes rats, mice, squirrels, hamsters, porcupines, and their relatives, distinguished by strong constantly growing incisors and no canine teeth

Hedgehogs (Insectivora) and echidnas (Monotremeta) still aren't rodents. And neither is Cyndaquil, unless you can tell me where those large, gnawing incisors are. And can you show me a rodent that has a long, thin snout like Cyndaquil? Because echidnas and hedehogs have that.

>The Japanese also don't distinguish between monkeys and apes. They use the word saru for both, just as they do nezumi (rodent) instead of mouse, rat, echidna, etc.
I don't know about saru, but nezumi does not mean the same thing as rodent. Nezumi just means a small furry mammal, which some rodents are but not every small furry mammal is a rodent.

>Again, taxonomy isn't something they use as a design rule.
Says who? Game Freak isn't retarded, they show a low of intelligence concerning zoology (among other things) in their designs.

>>26076118
How do you define what something is "in spirit"?

>>26076121
They aren't. Chimps are apes, not monkeys.
>>
>>26076154
You are bordering on the sperg that gets upset when someone calls a spider or a beetle a bug.
>>
>>26073589
Then why haven't you left yet?
>>
>>26076154
i wasn't arguing whether cyndaquil was a rodent or not, just pointing out that not all rodents have big ears or tails
>>
File: pkmn houndoom.jpg (135KB, 753x800px) Image search: [Google]
pkmn houndoom.jpg
135KB, 753x800px
What definitive proof do we have that these are fake? When they were first released I was having a hard time finding out whether or not they were fakes or not. They still seem pretty believable to me...not unless there's been a development in the past 24 hours that proves they're fake.
>>
I did. The kitty is cute and looked like it had potential
>>
>>26071876
Cool neopets OP
>>
>>26076154
>And can you show me a rodent that has a long, thin snout like Cyndaquil? Because echidnas and hedehogs have that.
Voles.

>I don't know about saru, but nezumi does not mean the same thing as rodent. Nezumi just means a small furry mammal, which some rodents are but not every small furry mammal is a rodent.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E9%BC%A0#Japanese

>Game Freak isn't retarded
Now there's something I haven't seen posted here in a while. For all of the work they show they also show a lot of things that prove they are either unaware of or ignored real-world animal classifications for stylistic purposes. Sandshrew and Sandslash have elements of pangolins and hedgehogs, as well as shrews. Yet it's a Mouse pokemon. Tanuki evolving into a badger, remora into an octopus, mouse into rabbit, clam to eel or deep-sea chimera, etc.
>>
File: Screenshot_10.jpg (242KB, 1053x746px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_10.jpg
242KB, 1053x746px
>>26076236
Holy fuck, there's still people gullible enough to fall for this shit? The artist came out and admitted to it days ago.
http://marix20.deviantart.com/journal/

Also the designs were all DeviantArt tier, so it was obvious they're fake from the get-go.
>>
>>26076302
>Voles.
Not similar to cyndaquil's snout at all.

>https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E9%BC%A0#Japanese
Fair enough, my previous claim wasn't accurate. Still, Cyndaquil does not resemble a mouse at all, and species names often aren't accurate. (Dewgong is not a sea lion, Vigoroth is not a monkey, etc). Futhermore, Charmander is the Lizard Pokemon in both English and Japanese, not a dragon. If you want to count Cyndaquil solely because of the species name Charmander is out.
>>
>>26078025
Also, Cyndaquil's name in Japanese refers to porcupines, not mice. The English name could refer to porcupines, echidnas, or hedgehogs.
>>
>>26071876
they look too detailed to me to be starters.
But i like all 3 honestly,
>>
>>26073555
Are completely unmarketable!
>>
>>26076302
Isn't 'mouse' just a shitty localization? I don't know, but that's what I heard. Like calling Azurill the Polka Dot Pokemon when the Japanese version literally says Water Ball. Localizers are idiots.
>>
>>26071876
I've always believed in the owl
>>
File: 1433642723508.jpg (59KB, 386x393px) Image search: [Google]
1433642723508.jpg
59KB, 386x393px
>Seal isn't the real deal
Please be another Hawlucha, please.
>>
honestly could have taken it or left it
>>
>>26075741
Wouldn't the zodiac disprove it?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.