[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replace the IV checker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: th.jpg (13KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
13KB, 300x180px
Pokemon you've already acknowledged IVs exist why the hell do I have to decipher this assholes speech, give us the numerical values in Sun and Moon. Anyone else with me?
>>
>>26061133

Its easy to decipher but yeah straight up numbers would be ok.
>>
File: 1435086715986.jpg (46KB, 600x703px) Image search: [Google]
1435086715986.jpg
46KB, 600x703px
>>26061133
I'd rather fucking get rid of them. They're an awful and pointless mechanic. Now I'm sure someone's going to jump to their defense with something like:

>Trick Room!
>Gyro Ball!
>Foul Play!
Cry me a fucking river, IVs are awful. Failing their elimination (a certainty) just telling us the fucking numbers would be amazing compared to having to talk to that chode in every game.
>>
>>26061170
IVs used to be hard to get but adding the dexnav and adding friend safari really makes it easy. I mostly want numbers because of hidden power breeds or for legendary because 20+ defense is virtually the same as 31 in level 50 battles
>>
>>26061133
I know that Gamefreak does not want numbers because they want Pokémon to feel more like living creatures. A little bit silly considering all the numbers we already have, but fine. I wish they would consider adding a rank next to the stats in the stat menu, like this:

31 IV: Star
30 IV: S+
25-29 IV: S
20-25 IV: A
10-19 IV: B
1-9 IV: C
0 IV: D

That way you get all the relevant information but still don't hurt any childrens feelings.
>>
>>26061530
>implying little kids will bother beating a game to find the IV judge postgame let alone understand what he says
>>
>>26061530
that's actually a really good idea m8
>>
File: aces.jpg (59KB, 421x596px) Image search: [Google]
aces.jpg
59KB, 421x596px
This idea has outstanding potential overall.
Incidentally I would say its best potential is in removing the judge.
Its ideas to give players numbers is pretty good too.
Ah, and the idea to remove IVs altogether is just as good as well.
Ideas like those, they can't be beat!

But the reality of it happening is pretty dismal, y'know?
>>
>>26061545
That's not at all implied.
>>
>>26061170
This
I find IVs stressful as I don't care to do all the extra bs to get perfect IVs but feel stressed or like something missing if I don't. I honest just cheat like I'm sure most people do
>>
>>26061133
They should just get rid of IVs completely
>>
>>26061530
I like this idea, but why not just remove IVs all together? Why do they need to exist?
>>
>>26061882
The design behind them is to simulate a Pokémon's natural potential, as opposed to its hard work which EVs represent. Together, they are supposed to make every Pokémon unique and allow for customization.

You could get rid of IVs without losing any significant competetive aspect, but Gamefreak wants to keep them in for non-competitive reasons.
>>
>>26061912
Have varying color pallets then. Fuck this stat shit.

It's not like a Pokemon can be faster than another but be weaker in another area and vice versa, like everyone's Pokemon can be a special snowflake excelling in one area that another might suck in, you can literally breed a PERFECT Pokemon that makes all others of its kind obsolete.

Not to mention natures.

Fuck Gamefucks and their shit ideas. Just make a Pokemon's stats set by species and only affected by EVs and Nature. And if you want further snowflake shit, do the color thing. The color pallet variation actually sounds cool as fuck thinking about it. Imagine, a type of "IV" that's actually fun and not an awful headache and chore!
>>
>>26061928
>>26061840
>>26061170

>>>/yokaiwatch/
>>
File: 1450428654077.jpg (93KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
1450428654077.jpg
93KB, 800x551px
>>26061943
This post rubbed me the wrong way. Good show if it's b8 but if you genuinely believe that IVs are a great mechanic that should be kept around then you can go right ahead and fuck yourself.
>>
>>26061552
Underrated post
>>
>>26061928
To be honest it was a pretty great mechanic until competitive shits figured it out and started using it to make "perfect" Pokemon.

>It's not like a Pokemon can be faster than another but be weaker in another area and vice versa, like everyone's Pokemon can be a special snowflake excelling in one area that another might suck in
It's not like REAL animals are like that or anything

>you can literally breed a PERFECT Pokemon that makes all others of its kind obsolete.
See above
>>
>>26061928
Or easier : make all Mons in PvP have perfect IVs
>>
>>26061170
Sometimes, you need a specific speed so one of your mons makes a move and you make sure your other will be the next.
That only applies on double/triple battle tho, because on singles you will just leave it at 31/0 and then give it 4, 12, x EVs to outspeed some specific mons.
>>
>>26061995
Do you complain when someone remembers how to use a quarter circle punch?
>>
File: 1351108132861.gif (3MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
1351108132861.gif
3MB, 298x224px
>>26061552
>>
>>26061552
GOAT
>>
>>26061995
In real life, animals can be trained to overcome their faults. My dog may be genetically smaller than yours, but I can train it to run faster than yours. With EVs being investable in every single Pokemon, there's a probable chance that your dog can just be the strongest and fastest one of all time and there are also a million others who are exactly as fast and as strong. How often do you find that scenario in real life?

Individuality already exists within Pokemon in a number of systems anyway which don't fuck up game balance. Either way, you're using the argument of "real animals" when Pokemon is still first and foremost, a game about fire breathing dragons fighting chandeliers and shit.
>>
>>26062041
I don't have a problem with competitive players doing it, because you're using the best you can get, but that wasn't the point of IVs.

>>26062057
See, none of this argument really takes away from why IVs are just fine. We can both train a dog, sure, but that doesn't take away from the fact that one will probably naturally faster and one will be naturally stronger.
>>
>>26062077
If anything, competitive players are the ones who would like to see IVs removed or perfect IVs made easier to get. If you just play casually, why even care about IVs? The games are so easy you can beat them with literally any trashmons you find.
>>
>>26062061
>ponytrash
>>
>>26061170
They should meet halfway and remove HP/Def/SpDef IVs, since there's pretty much no reason you'd want those to be less than perfect.
>>
File: 1461102768491.png (136KB, 547x508px) Image search: [Google]
1461102768491.png
136KB, 547x508px
>>26061133
The pokemon games are tailored to children
Children immerse more easily

Having some guy say "hehe your pokemon has 31 stats" will most definitely ruin this immersion as well as confuse a whole lot of em
>>
>>26063180
there are other stuff already ruining that illusion buddy
>>
>>26063244
not sure what you mean, "buddy", but either way there's no reason to further ruin it
>>
>>26063244
Such as?
>>
>>26063180
This
>>
>>26063291
Open a stat menu.
>>
>>26061170
>But mooooom! I don't know how to math!
>>
>>26063301
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
I would have no problem with IVs, especially with friend safari and dexnav, but the problem is legendary pokes are used in competitive play, so you either cheat or grind an unreasonable amount of time if you want to play using a legendary. I'm not even talking about primals and fag deer in vgc, I mean stuff like landorus, cresselia, and terrakion that see play in battle spot. I'd be ok with the current IV system and availability if they would just ban all unbreedable pokes from competitive play.
>>
>>26062700
>since there's pretty much no reason you'd want those to be less than perfect.
Acrobatics/Unburden/Flail/Reversal + Sash/Endure/Sturdy.
None are competitively viable except in Smogon's lower ties, so I agree it wouldn't be a big loss.
>>
>>26063180
>>26063294

>Tailored to children
>A mechanic that forces you to breed a gorillion eggs and super speshul train them is for children
>A mechanic you would literally never know about unless you researched it is for children

It's the laziest and stupidest mechanic in a series that is already incredibly lazy. There's no sensible reason for EV/IVs to exist in their current iteration.

There's nothing wrong with adjustable stats. Being able to raise Pokemon to have certain specialties is a good thing.

IV/EVs are not that, and anyone defending them is either autistic (literally, it's designed for someone with autism to pore over) or is suffering from Stockholm's Syndrome.
>>
>>26061882
Their basically genetics in pokémon
For me they should be reworked in something less aleatory-obtainable.
>>
If IVs could be removed the only thing I would wish for would be a way to change a Pokemons hidden power
>>
>>26063426
EVs have a point to be there, IVs don't.
Like someone said above, EV rappresent pokémon efforts in training and you can spread them only for a certain number that is 510, so you can't have ''the perfect evsed pokémon in all stats'' like you could in gen 1.
IVs otherwise are useless 'cause of course you are going for the perfect spread, no need to choose you ''specialization''.
>But if you run gyro ball...
It's always the same shit, it's not like a real customization, you are always going for the best you can get, which is with 0 spe in this case, but your pokémon is considered still ''perfect'' with that specific set.
>>
>>26063426
Sure, it's hidden in the game. But remember, it's hidden for a reason. The very reason they mask it like this is, like I said, for the immersion. Doing as OP wants would really break the immersion, and a whole lot of kids would start learning about this mechanic.

GF doesn't want this, which is why it is as it is. The current mechanic right now is, as you said, for adjustable stats. How else would it work? In endgame you walk up to some dude who changes your stats? Hell no. It's all about the immersion.
>>
>>26064312
I used to believe it was for immersion but wondered why they handled EVs the way they did. Super training gives you a specific numerical value once you complete an exercise but it is then only visually shown to the player through the grid yet when you use a rest bag it shows you the numerical value subtracted from all stats. I believe the IV checker was just half assed to speed up the release of the game. Even though I understand that this could take away from the immersion for some kids they hold tournaments for kids who would have to fully understand the IV system to successfully compete. Also Pokemon has posted a guide on there official site talking about how to pass down IVs through power items. The only kids I assume who it would break immersion from are kids who could care less what some random NPC has to say about there pokemon.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.