[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is the jade orb useless now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 24

File: image.png (34KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
34KB, 200x200px
So is the jade orb useless now?
>>
>>26012700
It was useless to begin with.

But we don't even know if one exists in the Infinity Energy universe.
>>
>>26012717
It seems to exist as unused content in the games. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Colored_orbs
which doesn't mean anything
>>
They're saving it for Delta Emerald, where they'll introduce a pure Flying type Primal Rayquaza.
>>
File: 1452975940076.png (679KB, 799x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1452975940076.png
679KB, 799x1060px
>Primal Mega Rayquaza
>Delta+ Stream: All of Flying's weaknesses become immunities
>>
>>26012700
I'd like to believe it still exists. If it could potentially cause Rayquaza to Primal Reverse, it would explain how it defeated Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre those 2.000 years ago. It didn't learn how to Mega Evolve before 1.000 years later, so how the fuck did it beat them the first time? (Keep in mind Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre are both individually stronger than ordinary Rayquaza.)
>>
>>26012994
This makes sense.
>>
>>26012951
The only thing that could be more OP than Mega Rayquaza is a Mega Rayquaza without weaknesses. I don't want this, but I really want this. Delta Emerald now plz.
>>
>>26012700
I thought Rayquaza could mega without an item because it ate the Jade Orb?
>>
>>26013052
It ate a newly-formed Mega Stone, not the Jade Orb.
>>
>>26012994
> It didn't learn how to Mega Evolve before

But it did. The game explicitly says Rayquaza's Mega Evolution was the first to occur, all those years ago. Primal Reversion doesn't involve a 'rainbow light'. If it could revert, it wouldn't have needed to evolve.

As for who it bonded with, I think that's pretty clear. There's one thing Rayquyaza protects, and that's the planet. In Kalos, Mega Evolution was discovered using odd stones over a mass gravesite. If Kyogre and Groudon caused mass-scale death, that could've easily triggered the same reaction. That would also explain why it doesn't need to hold a Mega Stone.
>>
>>26012994
Didn't Kalos war started/ended 3000 years ago?
>>
>>26013095
As I said before, this only happened the second time Groudon and Kyogre ravaged the planet. It was only during their second "Primal Clash" that Rayquaza "shone in a rainbow brilliance". The first time it didn't, it just beat them. No explanation given.
>>
>>26013098
Yes. The Kalos war and its the Infinity Energy bomb, and Rayquaza's Mega Evolution quelling the Primals both occurred 3,000 years ago.
>>
>>26013135
No, the Kalos War ended 3.00 years ago with the Infinity Bomb, but Groudon and Kyogre's Primal war happened 2.000 years ago, a thousand years after the Ultimate Weapon infused the meteorite with Infinity Energy. And 1.000 years ago, when the meteorite returned the second time and Groudon and Kyogre ravaged the Earth once again, was the time Rayquaza performed the world's first Mega Evolution. There's a 1.000 year jump in between every of these events. Ultimate Weapon --> First Primal Reversion --> First Mega Evolution.
>>
>>26013135
At the same time?? Lol, nope.
Source of that "primal theory" please
>>
>>26013119
Was it made clear it was normal Ray, and not just an issue of lore? Alternatively, was the first clash even witnessed? It could just be that the second time was human's first encounter with M-Ray and the process of Mega Evolution.

I say both, because it's likely they simply didn't want to 'spoil' the Mega part until later in the game (and also due to reuse of the original plot).
>>
>>26013135
The Primal War happened 1000 years later, an NPC in Sootopolis even mentions AZ having witnessed the battle.

>>26013095
>>26012994
That's a good theory, come to think of it. I don't imagine they'll introduce Primal Ray anytime soon though.
>>
>>26013171
>>26013173
Oh shit, there are timeskips. Whoops.
>>
>>26013216
>The Primal War happened 1000 years later, an NPC in Sootopolis even mentions AZ having witnessed the battle.

Yeah, I dun fucked up, but that being said AZ could've still seen it had it been 3,000 years ago, so that point is moot.
>>
>>26013186
The first time it happened, the meteor created Meteor Falls. Here it is simply stated that Rayquaza swooped down and quelled Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. The game doesn't spend more than a couple of dialogue lines on this part; it is only really spoken of during Zinnia's tale at the bottom of Sky Pillar.

However, the second time it happened, the meteor created Sootopolis. This time, Zinnia spends an awful lot of time talking about how the meteorite "shone in a rainbow brilliance" and how the humans used it to summon Rayquaza in the hopes that it would save them once again. It was this wish for salvation that made Rayquaza Mega Evolve; a wish based on the event that happened 1.000 years prior. So yes, it is indirectly explicitly stated that Rayquaza did NOT Mega Evolve the first time around.
>>
Truly awful lore
>>
Someone remind me if primal reversion/natural energy was the result of a meteor again? Theoretically, would giving Groudon and Kyogre their correct orbs in RSE have allowed them to Primal Reverse there?
>>
>>26013307
Yes it was. Primal Reversion is only possible for those who can absorb the natural energy that resides within the Earth's core. The meteorite cracked open the Earth's crust and released this energy, and it was therefore Groudon and Kyogre could absorb it. In RSE, this meteor strike didn't happened, so they didn't get to absorb the energy. Therefore it would make sense that the RSE orbs doesn't make them Primal Reverse either.
>>
>>26013245
Yeah, my theory is shit. Nobody was living in Sootopolis back then, since it was formed by the meteor, and if the rainbow light could be seen at the nearest land masses. surely it could've been seen from meteor falls.
>>
>>26013343
This assumes there's the same raw energy in the Infinity-less universe(s). The geology and tectonic structure is clearly different between the two Hoenns, for reasons like Sootopolis being a volcano in RSE.
>>
>>26013474
Infinity Energy doesn't have anything to do with the planet's natural energy though, so it would stand to reason that ANY parallel Earth has this natural energy residing within them. I imagine it's leftover energy from when the planet was first created, and therefore later tectonic differences shouldn't matter.
>>
>>26013413
Especially since the Draconid people lived at Meteor Falls pre-meteor strike. They experienced everything that happened first-hand, so surely we would have been told if Rayquaza had Mega Evolved back then.
>>
>>26013343
Yet the orbs still activate their evolution
>>
>>26013560
Not in RSE.
>>
>>26013057
It didn't eat any mega stones, it ate meteorites
>>
>>26013512
>Infinity Energy doesn't have anything to do with the planet's natural energy

What I'm saying is, because of the natural energy, humans were able to construct things like Menhir Trail to harness infinity energy.
>>
File: haxfuckingisis.jpg (16KB, 263x395px) Image search: [Google]
haxfuckingisis.jpg
16KB, 263x395px
>Pokémon canon
>>
>>26013614
The meteorite the player receives literally turns into a Mega Stone. You can see how it transforms from an ordinary rock to a pink, then green, then blue crystal with the Mega symbol in its core.
>>
>>26013057
>>26013052
Apparently, it's due to an internal organ.

Quoted from bulbapedo

>nside Rayquaza's body lies an organ that contains the same power as a Mega Stone. A Devon Corporation scientist named this organ the mikado organ (Japanese: ミカド器官). By consuming meteoroids as it flies through the stratosphere, the mikado organ will be filled with enough energy to enable Rayquaza's Mega Evolution.
>>
>>26013618
What are you talking about? It isn't stated anywhere that the Menhir Trail gravestones have anything to do with primal energy. They were just stones that Pokémon were tied to while the Ultimate Weapon drained them of their life energy.
>>
>>26013665
It uses the organ to digest the meteorites it eats, yes. Such as the Mega Stone (that was originally a meteorite) it stole from the player during the Delta Episode.
>>
>>26013689
>They were just stones that Pokémon were tied to

Now that, I know wasn't explicitly said. I know Team Flare didn't want you to see what was going on, but I didn't make that connection. I assumed they sat atop mass graves, which is why I brought this up, because the earth would then be serving as a conduit for Infinity Energy.
>>
>>26013628
So since Rayquaza can seemingly consume any mega stone due to >>26013665

What Pokemon would have been able to use the meteorite to mega evolve?
>>
>>26013717
Team Flare has NOTHING to do with this part of the story. They only replicated what AZ did 3.000 years ago, which was to tie innocent Pokémon to big stones and use the Ultimate Weapon to drain them of their life energy. This is not only explicitly stated, but it is also shown through pictures during AZ's flashback story. The stones were nothing but a means to keep the Pokémon in place while they were slowly killed.
>>
>>26013738
Literally any fully-evolved Pokémon is a possible candidate I guess. We can't even use the stone's colours to determine anything, as it changed colours multiple times during its "rock to Mega Stone" transformation. We'll never know.
>>
>>26013802
>tfw remembering how people were speculating they would be stones for Milotic, Flygon, and some red pokemon after dataminers discovered the items
>>
>>26013738
>What Pokemon would have been able to use the meteorite to mega evolve?

Mewtwo brings into question if this is a chicken-or-egg scenario. Long before Mewtwo was created, were there Mewtwonite bearing the same colours as the eventual clone? Or did the mega stones take on those qualities at a later point?

Evolution stones, the base of mega stones, obviously work with multiple mons, so I have to wonder if maybe Mega Stones work in a similar way, but are imprinted after use. Would also explain why we have multiple stones for singular mons, rather than the sentient stone gods blessing Mewtwo and Charizard.
>>
>>26013772
Team Flare has NOTHING to do with this part of the story

Except for that part where they blocked the route to activate the device, which is all I said regarding them.
>>
File: Jade Orb _ Rayquaza .jpg (35KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
Jade Orb _ Rayquaza .jpg
35KB, 651x500px
>>26012700
Nope. It's useful.

Jade Orb + Rayquaza = primal Rayquaza
>>
File: Mew give birth.png (2KB, 175x95px) Image search: [Google]
Mew give birth.png
2KB, 175x95px
>>26013893
Mewtwo was born from a pregnant Mew, Who was found deep in the jungles of Guyana, whose embryo had been tampered with to alter it's DNA. It was held and studied in the mansion where a scientist performed horrific gene-splicing experiments that made it vicious and extremely powerful. It eventually broke free of the Mansion, destroying it in the process, and fled. It can be encountered in Cerulean Cave, accessible only after a Trainer has proven his or her skill at the Indigo Plateau
>>
File: South America.png (17KB, 475x319px) Image search: [Google]
South America.png
17KB, 475x319px
>>26013893
Mewtwo was born from Mew but It's DNA was tampered. A Scientist alter it's DNA. It was held and studied in the mansion where a scientist performed horrific gene-splicing experiments that made it vicious and extremely powerful.

Mewtwo isn't really a Clone.
>>
>>26016054
>>26016083
>>26016093
I don't think that answers his question about why Mewtwo has a Mega Stone, two of them even. They can't be Mew's Mega Stones because Mew doesn't Mega Evolve.
>>
>>26016143
That's because they're Mewtwo's stone as in the one that wasn't tampered with.
>>
pokemon isn't relevant anymore, nerds.
>>
>>26019733
Go back to /v/ Sonygger
>>
>>26016143
Maybe those are man made megastone
>>
>>26019848
>People still believe in this theory
No one even knows how mega stones work let alone how to create them
>>
File: life and death.jpg (47KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
life and death.jpg
47KB, 651x500px
>>26019863
Mega Stones are special stones such as evolutionary stones that were irradiated by the power of Xerneas and Yveltal that was fired from the ultimate weapon.
>>
>>26019911
That was a theory by Sycamore which was disproven in ORAS.
>>
>>26019911
They're actually meteorites, which is why Ray can mega evolve without a stone. He stores the mega evolution energy within the Mikado Organ after eating it.
>>
File: Moon_stone.png (5KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Moon_stone.png
5KB, 240x160px
>>26019936
All evolutionary stones are meteorites.
>>
>>26019953
>thought to be
So there's no conclusive evidence, then there's the fact that they occur naturally underground.
>>
File: cosmic_meteorites.jpg (38KB, 521x340px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic_meteorites.jpg
38KB, 521x340px
>>26019924
Actually, All evolutionary stones are meteorites.
>>
File: arceus_pokedex.png (9KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
arceus_pokedex.png
9KB, 256x192px
>>26019960
It is thought that Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit came from the same Egg.

It is thought that Arceus created the universe with It's thousands arms.

Myths and theories in the Pokémon Earth are true.
>>
>>26019960
Myths and theories in the Pokémon Earth are true.
>>
>>26020016
Oh god, you're the anon that takes pokedex entries seriously aren't you.
>>
File: Rayquaza_Pokédex_entry.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Rayquaza_Pokédex_entry.png
6KB, 240x160px
>>26020026
You are a complete idiot, if you don't take them seriously.
>>
>>26020011
>It is thought that Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit came from the same Egg.
We know they were created some time after Dialga, Palkia and Giratina not before.

>>26020016
>not a single volcano erupted
>not even the one in its native region
What was that about them being true?
>>
>>26020045
Yes because the Pokemon earth is just a smoldering ball floating in space due to the many magcargo
>>
File: Palkia_Pokédex_entry_(2).png (41KB, 508x343px) Image search: [Google]
Palkia_Pokédex_entry_(2).png
41KB, 508x343px
>>26020048
>not a single volcano erupted
>not even the one in its native region.

Oh! Wow. So...You see everything in the Pokémon World?

I didn't know that you were Gamefreak?
>>
>>26020026
Shh don't respond. Just let him have his fun until his handler kicks him off the computer.
>>
>>26020065
>Oh! Wow. So...You see everything in the Pokémon World?
>groudon awakens
>fly to chimney
>nothing changed
>not even in Emerald where it was resting in the volcano
What was that anon?

>Space becomes more stable with every breath
>It's mere presence distorts space
>>
>>26020053
Junichi Masuda once stated in an interview:

"We actually don't think of the world of Pokémon as Earth, in the current time that, we live in. If we were to do that, we would kind of be limited by what we could do. By thinking about how physical objects work on Earth and how various elements work on Earth, we would kind of be limited to that if we thought of it as Earth. We think of it as a place that is really similar to Earth, but is a different planet of its own with people in it who may be similar to people on Earth, but they have different values so they care about different things. It's the type of place, the Pokémon world, where problems we face on Earth just wouldn't happen. There wouldn't be global warming, water shortages, or anything like that. It's a world where the people in it really want to work together with each other. Their value system is such where they would prefer to work together and eliminate these problems rather than feud.
>>
>>26020093
You are aware that if a Magcargo could heat up to that temperature it would burn the entirety of Pokearth, right?

Hell right there Masuda says it's similar to earth except for the fact that the global issues are different.
>>
File: records_(2).png (198KB, 534x335px) Image search: [Google]
records_(2).png
198KB, 534x335px
>>26020087
Blame Gamefreak.
I didn't create Pokémon species.
They wrote those Pokédex entries.
Are You calling them liars?
>>
File: Magcargo_Pokédex_entry.png (5KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Magcargo_Pokédex_entry.png
5KB, 240x160px
>>26020126
It's Earth in a parallel universe with different laws.
>>
>>26020137
>It's Earth in a parallel universe with different laws.
So humans can't live in pokearth now?
How do the games happen?
>>
>>26020137
try to imagine a law of thermodynamics that would allow a pokemon to be hotter than the sun, yet have parts of its made of silicate based rock body cool to a solid state.
>>
File: Earth_(planet).jpg (76KB, 522x695px) Image search: [Google]
Earth_(planet).jpg
76KB, 522x695px
>>26020147
Can't You read?
It's Earth in a parallel universe.
>>
>>26020207
I never said it couldn't sustain life, I just said that humans couldn't live there.
Which is true.
>>
File: dialga_pokedex--article_image.jpg (19KB, 418x313px) Image search: [Google]
dialga_pokedex--article_image.jpg
19KB, 418x313px
>>26020179
different universe with different laws of physics, biology and etc.
>>
>>26020231
see >>26020218
Humans wouldn't be able to live on Pokearth and they certainly wouldn't be in the same form as us if that were the case.
>>
File: Lugia_Pokédex_entry_(2).png (159KB, 518x415px) Image search: [Google]
Lugia_Pokédex_entry_(2).png
159KB, 518x415px
>>26020218
That's not true at all.

Azelf keep the Earth in balance.
>>
File: Azelf_Pokédex_entry.png (29KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
Azelf_Pokédex_entry.png
29KB, 499x338px
>>26020242
Azelf keep the World in balance.
Whine sleeping in a lake.
>>
>>26020249
>>26020266
Azelf doesn't govern the earth's properties but rather the willpower of the people, essentially a green lantern power battery for humans on earth.

>light fluttering of its wings can blow apart houses
>used to rest in Ecruteak City at the burned tower habitually
>>
>>26020242
I meant, Azelf keep the World in balance while sleeping in a lake.
>>
>>26020281
You didn't The Pokédex entries correctly, didn't you?
>>
>>26020266
>>26020249
Also samefagging doesn't help your argument.
>>
>>26020309
I'm not a homosexual.

BTW.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/482.shtml
>>
>>26020308
Please direct me to a single pokedex entry that says that Azelf governs the properties of the world and Lugia doesn't have house shattering power
>>
File: 482.png (5KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
482.png
5KB, 120x120px
>>26020330
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/482.shtml
>>
>>26020337
>nothing about governing the properties of the world
In fact "keeping the balance" is an extremely vague statement.

Is it keeping the balance of the people? The Pokemon? What exactly?
>>
>>26020365
It sleeps at the bottom of a lake to keep the world in balance.
>>
>>26020407
But what aspect of the world?
Because given the things that occur in the Pokemon world it isn't doing a good job of any of them.
>>
>>26020416
It is unknown to me.
>>
>>26020416
And Science and technology in the Pokémon Earth is more advance.

They have solar power devices and etc to protect themselves.
>>
>>26020453
Irrelevant.
It would set the atmosphere on fire and cremate everything on the planet.
>>
>>26020526
In Your World?

Yes.

In their World?

No.
>>
File: Reshiram_pokédex_entry.png (39KB, 506x333px) Image search: [Google]
Reshiram_pokédex_entry.png
39KB, 506x333px
>>26020526
They are not Reshiram.
>>
>>26020576
>No.
Doesn't work like that kiddo, an amosphere that wouldn't burn when exposed to such temperatures can't support humans in that form.

>>26020600
That's even more absurd, the pokedex is saying that Reshiram is weaker than Magcargo.

Also like I said samefagging doesn't make your argument any stronger and you're just adding more inconsistencies to the fire.
>>
>>26020628
You lack knowledge about parallel universe with different laws.

Some things work different in their Universe.
>>
File: 643.png (23KB, 167x121px) Image search: [Google]
643.png
23KB, 167x121px
>>26020628
The Pokédex never said that Reshiram was at full.
>>
>>26020628
Oh yeah? Did you get your PHD in Pokemon-world physics? Did you discover the laws of the Pokemon world/the Pokemon games that guarantee that? I'd really like to see your paper on this.
>>
File: Regice_Pokédex_entry.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Regice_Pokédex_entry.png
6KB, 240x160px
>>26020688
It's just simple Pokémon Science.
>>
File: wrap_hole_.png (131KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
wrap_hole_.png
131KB, 500x289px
>>26020688
Science and technology in the Pokémon Earth is more advance.

Scientists on Pokémon Earth are able to create stable wormholes using exotic matter.

This evidence that they possess advanc. technology.
>>
>>26020800
You are aware that knowing more about science doesn't change the laws of physics right?
Human life like ours that Pokemon mirrors couldn't live on the pokemon planet if it had an atmosphere that didn't burn when exposed to a heat like that.

>>26020688
Pokemon physics don't differ from ours, bar the powerful monsters, Masuda even said that they were similar except for the fact that things like global warming don't exist and for good reason if you have pokemon that can freeze water in their vicinity.
>>
>>26019960
>Meteorites and their fragments are not found underground long after they fall to Earth
>>
this was a good thread until that ESL pokedex-obsessed faggot showed up
>>
>>26021663
>implying meteorites form under the earth
>>
>>26020093
You're an idiot, but that's interesting, actually. It'd explain how some things in the Pokedex would work, if Poke-earth laws of physics are different from Earth.
>>
How the fuck did this go from a thread about ORAS' lore and potential Delta Emerald stuff to such an autistic discussion about Shitdex entries? The Pokédex doesn't know shit and even contradicts itself on multiple occasions, are you guys really so stupid that you believe everything it says?
>>
>>26022044
Basically there's one retard that takes the word of the Pokedex as law.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.