[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's put an end to this debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: WhiteHeart and BlackSoul.png (447KB, 460x517px) Image search: [Google]
WhiteHeart and BlackSoul.png
447KB, 460x517px
List all the pros and cons of each game by using 1 to 5 "+" for pros and 1 to 5 "-" for cons. The more signs you add, the more you liked or disliked that point.

Eg. For BW2
+++++PWT
++Repel System
----The Story
--Hugh

Try to be as specific as possible.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 274x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 274x321px
>>25992289
> the story being part of cons
>>
>>25992386
Anyone who finds Gen V's story even remotely passable is genuinely autistic.
>>
File: 1459832319990.jpg (16KB, 240x280px) Image search: [Google]
1459832319990.jpg
16KB, 240x280px
>>25992386
It was an example for the format, not my thoughts on the game.
>>
>>25992386

God, I forgot how this anime's artstyle made everyone look like they had downs.
>>
>>25992424
We're cool then
>>25992411
Yea, gen 1-2 storyline is surely better
>>
>>25992289
>it's another subtle gen war incitement episode
>>
>>25992289
>>25992386
>>25992411
>>25992424
>Anon 1: "Let's finally sit down and decide which game is better."
>Anon 2: "BW2's story was great"
>Anon 3: "BW2's story was garbage"
>Anon 1: "I had such hopes, and you have already crushed them"
>>
>>25992289
Emerald is better than any of the above
>>
>>25992289
so best game,being hg/ss, vs dogshit?
is this even fair?
>>
>>25992912
Of course not.
Dogshit is much better than HGSS.
>>
File: 1441574427620.jpg (23KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
1441574427620.jpg
23KB, 232x197px
>>25992600
I should've expected this.
>>
>HGSS
+Aesthetics.
+Walking Pokemon.
+Decent soundtrack.
+Overall, actually added features that weren't in the original games, unlike ORAS.
-Still a shitty leveling curve.
-Still at the terrible speed that was present in all of Gen 4.

>B2W2
+Vastly increased Pokemon availability.
+A rival theme that didn't sound weak as piss compared to BW.
+PWT.
+Colress.
-No Route 10.
-Lackluster story compared to BW.

they're both good
>>
>>25993006
>+Overall, actually added features that weren't in the original games, unlike ORAS.
ORAS added more meaningful features though.
>>
>>25993019
Then why is it still inferior to Emerald?
>>
>>25993019
>legendaries spewing out of portals
>casualized contests
>no battle frontier
>>
File: 1398985101074.png (215KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1398985101074.png
215KB, 640x464px
>>25992613
>No physical/special split
>Better
Objectively wrong Hoennbaby.
>>
>>25992986
Well no shit, that's why Rule #4 of this board is "Don't incite gen wars".
Read the rules before you post, the only option for this thread was to devolve into a genwar.
>>
>>25993025
Because you think Gimmicks = good game

>>25993031
>dex nav
>Secret base trainers
>Soaring eliminating the need for a dedicated flyer and flying to routes
And now for the big kahuna Moving organize boxes to the top of the PC
>>
>>25993019
the only thing ORAS really added that was meaningful was the Dexnav.
Look, I like Hoenn way more than Johto, but HGSS did a MUCH better job at being remakes than ORAS did.
>>
>>25993104
>but HGSS did a MUCH better job at being remakes than ORAS did.
They really didn't. The only thing they had over ORAS was aesthetics and nostalgia.
It didn't even attempt to fix the issues in GSC instead it covered them with gimmicks like following Pokemon, Pokeathlon, the pokewalker and so on. The worst part is that the Pokewalker grinding was worst than grinding in the actual game.
>>
>>25992533
Imagine you're being served a meal.

In Gen I, you get a nice plate of what you ordered, but there's a little bowl of shit placed right next to your plate. You throw the bowl away and eat your meal.

In Gen V, you get single plate. The food you ordered is buried in a mountain of shit that you have to dig through to get to what you wanted.
Except you're not going to, because you're completely turned off by all the shit in your face.
>>
>>25993177
And in reality

in Gen I, You get a plate of dry bread and the only thing to make it moist is shit juice. Nothing else is served to you and you're left unfulfilled and disgusted kids eat it anyway because they're just excited to be eating out.

In Gen V, you get a delicious, full course meal with a sweetened shit sauce despite the fact you had just eaten liquid shit doesn't matter because it's been skillfully disguised using the taste of the other food.
>>
>>25993006

>Still a shitty leveling curve.

oh boy here we go
>>
>>25993145
>It didn't even attempt to fix the issues in GSC

And those issues are...

inb4 muh level curve
>>
>>25993177
This may be the worst analogy I have ever seen.
>>
>HGSS

+ a e s t h e t i c
+ Bottom screen is the best in the series
+ Pokemon following you was a great gimmick
+ Including the ability to play the original music was a great decision that should have been in ORAS and should be in future remakes
+ Gave access to previously near-impossible to get Pokemon
+ Platinum's fantastic Battle Frontier
+ Team Rocket gets more fleshed out
- Level disparity issues were not fixed
- Kanto is still empty
- Gym leaders don't really do anything, again
- Didn't improve online at all
- Pokethalon should not have existed at all
- Team Rocket is still stupid as shit
- Though Platinum and HGSS improved this immensely, it still suffers from Gen 4's problem with speed.
- Fem protag's redesign
- Pokewalker was useless except to act as the Star of David for bullies looking for nerds

>B2W2

+ Clearly the most effort put into a storyline, though it may not be the best
+ Excellent availability of pokemon
+ ABILITY TO SET DIFFICULTY HOLY FUCK
+ Great OST
+ Pokestar Studios is the best side game we've ever gotten
+ P W T
+ Many pokemon sprites are improved on from BW
+ A lot of experimentation with cameras, spriting, and modeling
+ Gym leaders are more dynamic and involved, and they feel more fleshed out than ever before
+ Ghetsis is a fucking madman who feels more threatening than any other leader
+ All these fucking legends to get in the postgame, holy shit
+ The postgame has tens of hundreds of hours of content
+ "Repel's effect has worn off! Would you like to use another?"
+ REUSABLE TMs
+ Fixed BW's linearity issues
+ Odd but creative introduction of romance
+ Gorgeous overworld with well-implemented seasons
- Hard Mode could have made gyms more difficult
- Some people like this, but I don't like that walking poison damage was removed
- Despite the effort, plot is still silly
- Hugh is annoying as shit
- Worst starters ever
- Almost too much to do
- No following pokemon despite an overworld sprite existing for every single pokemon
>>
>>25993471
It's true, but once it's conquered HGSS is a solid game.
>>
HGSS had the best addons in the series in terms of quantity and variety, voltorb flip is a beautiful timekiller (thank you eurocuckland); the pokewalker is the only addon feature I've ever used, pokeathlon was fun for a good solid hour before you wanted to die of cancer and following pokemon made me genuinely like my team in a way no other game managed. The region was the biggest ever and the new areas just added more. Everything looked all artsy and japanese and the legendaries were a proper imposing cinematic force for what was the last time in the series.

That said, battling felt like a chore thanks to shit, sparse movepools and the old fucking exp system.

B2W2 had another gigantic region and some truly good area design: the routes were all great, finding TM30 was a fucking ace feeling, and the towns and cities were undoubtedly the most diverse in the games, shoutout to humilau, virbank and accumula. Pokestar studios was bearable, PWT and the big tower were the best. The sheer variety of shit available to pick up and catch was nice, and all of the items and pokemon really lent themselves to the areas they inhabited. But the variety was only really noticeable because the new experience system was suddenly an absolute fucking joy to behold. With twice as many pokemon as BW, I could literally go to my PC, drop off half my team, catch a new set in the next route and they'd fit right into place before the next gym. In my first run of the game I went through ~15 different pokemon, switching shit for new occupants without breaking stride. honestly it was the most I've ever enjoyed playing pokemon. What it lacked in connection to partners it made up for in variety, I felt like I was on a god damn adventure through magnet caves, sand villages and beach resorts, don't give a shit about the bros I made but hell I thought my avatar was based.

That said, neo plasma are a pisstake and hugh is a colonoscopy bag who swears personal vengeance over a pet cat he doesn't own.
>>
>>25992289
Why is it so important to decide what the second best game is? Platinum is still superior.
>>
>>25993688
I can already foretell the anger coming soon.
>>
>>25992386
I'm a unovabortion I guess, but BW2's story was pretty shitty, maybe minus one or two
>>
>>25993643

Why people cry about johto's level curve, even if its true NPCs are not a big deal for in-game battles, also it´s better than the shitty levels in 6th gen.
>>
>>25993487
Are you seriously trying to say that GSC/HGSS were perfect games?
Despite the fact that
>The game had the worst distribution of Pokemon leaving some of the new ones as post game content or giving them low encounter rates to the point where many encountered them for the first time in gen 3 and it wasn't fixed at all during the main game in the remakes
>>Adding on to that the gym leaders and NPC trainers rarely used gen 2 pokemon in fact the only half of the leaders actually use new Pokemon and the ones that do only use one new Pokemon while the majority of their team consists of gen 1 Pokemon
>Kanto was absolutely butchered removing several caves and dungeons, which only a handful made a reappearance in the remake, as well as elements such as the Safari Zone, while the Zone made an appearance in HG/SS it was the worst iteration of the zone due to the fact that the available pokemon were barely different from what was available outside of the area unless you placed objects within the 8 squares of land they give you. The game also gives you no indication as to what object combination unlocks what pokemon, not even through cryptic NPC hints and the majority of Pokemon unlock after several days in real time taking anything from 3 days to several months to unlock.
>on top of that has an incredibly small main game bloated with daily events which was only made more tedious due to the real time addition in HG/SS
>In HGSS it removed the option of buying coins meaning to get the GC only items you would have to put up with Voltorb Flip essentially forcing you into a minigame
>The pokewalker only becomes useful after you've amassed 5000 watts at that point you unlock pokemon not available within the main game, however at that point you've already completed the game and have access to those pokemon not to mention that the pokemon you encounter rates were determined by steps however even having 10000+ steps doesn't give you a high chance of encountering the rare ones
>>
>>25993600
using repel was great and so were the new touch n drag PC box options. The UI for B2W2 would have been perfect if only they hadn't used the touchscreen for some dipshit internet balls that made loading a savefile 2 button presses longer.
I reckon HGSS and B2W2 cover each other's faults well, aside from having plotlines produced by repeatedly hitting the keyboard against a retarded kid's face. If B2W2 got the following pokemon, the touchscreen menus and the HGSS dex it'd be no contest. Someone better mod it.
>>
>>25993727
>also it´s better than the shitty levels in 6th gen.
GSC/HGSS had a worse level scaling than gen 6.
>>
>>25993769
>HGSS dex
>wanting the worst dex layout
>not using the based habitat dex
>>
>>25993600
Over world Sprite exsisiting for every mon? Sauce?
>>
>>25993794
Entralink and dreamworld dude.
Hell those sprites are the reason why there's following Pokemon in HGSS in the first place.
>>
>>25993788
the habitat dex was a great touch, forgot about that. I still preferred the HGSS ui to the awkward scroller system though, ew
>>
>>25993841
HGSS came before Entralink and Dreamworld. Or am I reading this wrong?
>>
>>25993871
The sprites were made for Black and White but hastily put into HGSS.
>>
>>25993600
>- Almost too much to do
I don't understand this one or why it is a bad thing.
>>
>>25993885
Not him but, it's like when you have a huge backlog of video games and the sheer size just puts you off but you continue to buy more and more games
>>
>>25993735

>Are you seriously trying to say that GSC/HGSS were perfect games?

No

>The game had the worst distribution of Pokemon leaving some of the new ones as post game content or giving them low encounter rates to the point where many encountered them for the first time in gen 3 and it wasn't fixed at all during the main game in the remakes

Did you expect catch 'em all before E4?

>Adding on to that the gym leaders and NPC trainers rarely used gen 2 pokemon in fact the only half of the leaders actually use new Pokemon and the ones that do only use one new Pokemon while the majority of their team consists of gen 1 Pokemon.

So? I was dissapointed just for Faulkner w/o hoot-hoot or Noctowl. I didn´t care about other gym leaders like Bugsy cause it was covered with cool pokemon like Scyther

>Kanto was absolutely butchered removing several caves and dungeons, which only a handful made a reappearance in the remake

The go and play RBY.

>elements such as the Safari Zone, while the Zone made an appearance in HG/SS it was the worst iteration of the zone due to the fact that the available pokemon were barely different from what was available outside of the area unless you placed objects within the 8 squares of land they give you. The game also gives you no indication as to what object combination unlocks what pokemon, not even through cryptic NPC hints and the majority of Pokemon unlock after several days in real time taking anything from 3 days to several months to unlock.

Implying secret features are exclusive of these games, who tell you how to catch feebas in RSE? who tell you how evolve it? who tell you how evolve some pokemon like Tangela?

>incredibly small main game

>>Get a pokemon of grass, fire or water type
>>defeat 8 gyms to win badges
>>stop criminal organization
>>fight against legend mon
>> e4 and champ

Actually I found a pattern in this game, plus not a lot of games let you go to other region.
>>
>>25993965

>In HGSS it removed the option of buying coins meaning to get the GC only items you would have to put up with Voltorb Flip essentially forcing you into a minigame.

And a nice one

>The pokewalker only becomes useful after you've amassed 5000 watts at that point you unlock pokemon not available within the main game, however at that point you've already completed the game and have access to those pokemon not to mention that the pokemon you encounter rates were determined by steps however even having 10000+ steps doesn't give you a high chance of encountering the rare ones.

If you didn't like it, then you could look for them in GTS
>>
>>25993885 Not him, but people who like a sense of completion had to sit through a slog of meme films and tower battles. The optional stuff was only good for about 10 hours and had a ton of artificial game lengthening in a way that other games never did.

it's like if you get a free slice of pizza with your gay metaphorical poo meal but it's buried in cheese and you feel kinda bad for having to leave it on the plate
>>
>>25993922
I guess I could see that.

But imo, BW2 isn't too much. If you ask me, it's the right amount of content a Pokemon game should have. And I don't think "too much content" is something we should complain about, considering the situation with the main series Pokemon games right now lol.
>>
>>25993965
>Did you expect catch 'em all before E4?
Of course not, but I would expect them to give the new pokemon priority rather than put them on the back burner like a video game should.

>So?
Adds on to the distro issue anon.

>The go and play RBY.
Har de har, the point is if you can't have something in fully you don't just chop it up and remove features people enjoyed.
They should have used that extra space to create something original.

>who tell you how to catch feebas in RSE?
The difference is the player can eventually land on a Feebas spot regardless of changing the word. In other words it's a matter of time and can be done in a day rather than placing a seemingly random assortment of items around and waiting an arbitrary length of time.

>who tell you how evolve it?
Pretty sure an NPC mentions feeding blue Pokeblocks to her Feebas. In any case the Pokedex description was a cryptic hint in and of itself considering it mentions it's tatty appearance in nearly every single one of them since it's inclusion.

As for Tangela that's another issue with the Sinnoh games.

>>>Get a pokemon of grass, fire or water type
>>defeat 8 gyms to win badges
>>stop criminal organization
>>fight against legend mon
>> e4 and champ
Congrats you've listed something every game has but wait, it's missing a lot of the content games after have.

>plus not a lot of games let you go to other region.
Regions with half an hour of content mind you.

>And a nice one
Nice is debatable but limiting the options of the player and forcing them into something they may or may not want to do is always bad.

>If you didn't like it, then you could look for them in GTS
>searching for pokemon you didn't own on the GTS
>pre gen 6
Have you even played those games?
>>
>>25994111

> I would expect them to give the new pokemon priority rather than put them on the back burner like a video game should.

Yeah and BW are too popular to give full priority to 5th gen pokemon

>Adds on to the distro issue anon.

As I said: I was dissapointed just for Faulkner w/o hoot-hoot or Noctowl. I didn´t care about other gym leaders like Bugsy cause it was covered with cool pokemon like Scyther

If you are serius in your first answer then this is a contradiction, also always they remove features people enjoyed, that isn´t new in pokemon.

> The difference is the player can eventually land on a Feebas spot regardless of changing the word. In other words it's a matter of time and can be done in a day rather than placing a seemingly random assortment of items around and waiting an arbitrary length of time.

Randomness everywhere. At the end the saffari is a matter of time too.

>Pokedex description was a cryptic hint in and of itself considering it mentions it's tatty appearance in nearly every single one of them since it's inclusion.

So Garchomp learns Fly

>That's another issue with the Sinnoh games.

Almost in all the games happens.

>Congrats you've listed something every game has but wait, it's missing a lot of the content games after have.

ORLY? What relevant feature I forgot? uh yeah autistic plot about PETA and Gay criminals in a game for kids

>Regions with half an hour of content mind you.

>>half an hour.

If it were longer then probably you'd say Johto needs more priority.

>searching for pokemon you didn't own on the GTS
>pre gen 6
>Have you even played those games?

Implying it's the only way
>>
File: 1396080340102.png (258KB, 500x313px)
1396080340102.png
258KB, 500x313px
>>25993600
>muh pokeathlon not working at its best on emulators
>muh pokewalker
>why do these japs want me to do exercise and sport?!!
>>>>>pokestudio is the best side game we've ever gotten (bait????????????????)
>pixelated sprites are actually an improvement and are good!!!
>experimention that went wrong are still good just because experimentation, really guys!
>""""hard mode"""" avaible only after completing the game and version exclusive, paired with easy mode (ayyy)
>all these ugly and redundant legends to get in the post game are good tho, but fuck gen 4 which did the same exact thing haha :^)

t. a literal Amerifat
>>
>>25992411
Um, Gen V's story was great.
>>
>>25993661
the BW2 experience system is a chore desu

I don't understand how you're supposed to raise a full team, let alone 15 mons, it feels like so much grinding compared to raising 2 or 3
>>
>>25992289
>signs

nah

>HGSS

>Pros
Pokeathelon
Expanded on Kanto
Some coool new egg moves
added some flavor to Neo Rocket
Adjusted Kanto's level curve (a bit)
Following Pokemon
Pokewalker
Safari Zone adding some Johtomons to Johto

>Cons
Johto's level scailing is still aids
getting rare mons in the safari zone was aids
rematch system wasn't improved at all
some remixes were way worse
the alterations to the game corner made buying coins impossible
WHERES MY HOUNDOUR GAMEFREAK?!?!?
could only grow four berries at a time
going back to BP for tutors instead of an easily grindable item
>>
>>25996041
>>25996041

because the fact that you grinded less because if you were lower than their mons, they would give you more experience.

Also the fact that BW(2) gives you a free lucky egg halfway through the game.
>>
File: 1377578068688.jpg (47KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1377578068688.jpg
47KB, 500x476px
>>25996133
fuck shards
FUCK SHARDS
>>
>>25993177
>A mountain of shit
>Implying we'd rather have the same fucking old dryless meal every generation with a different colored-plate.
>>
File: Irrawaddy-dolphin-1-small.jpg (325KB, 1200x785px) Image search: [Google]
Irrawaddy-dolphin-1-small.jpg
325KB, 1200x785px
>>25993661
>the towns in cities were undoubtedly the most diverse in the games
I agree with a lot of this but I think Hoenn gets that distinction.
Unova is like, second place, but Hoenn has a city of treehouses, an island city with a space center, Humilau but floating out in the open ocean, Greek-inspired city sitting in a dormant white volacano that you have to dive to access, hot spring town sitting on an active volcano, Mall-ville, tropical laid-back island town, twin port cities, and whatever the hell Ever Grande was.

Also just realized,
>"Verdanturf Town"
>Verdant Turf, Green Grass
>There's a tunnel connecting it to Rustboro and a karate dude is trying to get through to the other side to meet his girlfriend
>"The grass is greener on the other side" (of Rusturf Tunnel)
>>
>>25993882
wait what, this is totally made up ?

HG/SS revolve around this mechanic, I don't see how they woud be put hastily.

BW2 still my favorite tho, better content and gameflow/music
>>
File: 1452394372457.png (175KB, 500x519px) Image search: [Google]
1452394372457.png
175KB, 500x519px
>>25996041
>grinding at all in gen V

I bet you grinded on weaker lvled wild mons too
>>
>>25996332
>HG/SS revolve around this mechanic
You what?
No they don't.
>>
>>25994680
Is it really this hard for Johtoddlers to admit their game was shit?
I mean, just look at the frost response here, you're literally trying to say that gen five, the gen that barred all older pokemon until the post game, didn't give priority to the pokemon it introduced.

As for the removal of features gen 2 was the first instance of something important being removed, as much as people want to give gen 3 shit it only removed the useless gimmicks while the actual gameplay elements stayed.

And feebas isn't randomness, it can only appear on certain tiles. The safari zone gives no indication as to what does what at all and for the later pokemon you need a combination of items and have top wait an arbitrary amount of days. None of that information is given to the player.

Gen 4 was also the generation where they fucked up hard with the descriptions in that regard other gens attempted to pick up the slack however seeing as they give you evo hints for later pokemon.

This is how you know people are shitposting too, when they attack the story rather than the content of the game.

Now you're just trying to justify the fact that the Johto games had terrible postgame content. Anyway, they shouldn't have added Kanto if they couldn't fit it all in. Simple as that.

There is literally no way to obtain pokemon you don't own using the gts in gen 4 and 5 legitimately. Illegitimately sure but you can't even do that anymore can you.

Now you're just going to say something like
>n-no they're shit because they didn't do it in that way. These games are great...
Here's the nasty truth anon, they're the worst games yet and even with the ease of gen 6 they haven't fallen that low.
>>
>>25993965
Why didn't Falkner have a Natu also? They're down the street from him
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.