[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Type Chart Balancing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: 1440133688627.jpg (103KB, 900x856px) Image search: [Google]
1440133688627.jpg
103KB, 900x856px
>remove Rock-type
>remove Fairy-type

>Ice now Resists Ground and Water
>Water is now weak to Poison
>Dragon is now weak to Steel
>Flying no longer resists Bug
>Fighting no longer resists Bug
>Steel, Flying and Poison no longer resist Grass
>Grass is no longer weak to Flying

Did I fix it? Did I miss anything? Thoughts? Additions?

>inb4 remove types / make all Normal
>>
Why would you remove rock type?
>>
File: 1454021939735.png (2KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
1454021939735.png
2KB, 142x138px
Quick Additions, not necessarily to the type chart, but will help with balance

>Water can inherently learn Ice attacks
therefore

>Fire can inherently learn Electric attacks
>Grass can inherently learn Ground attacks

or

>Water can no longer inherently learn Ice attacks
>Fire/Grass stay as they are
>>
>>25956431
Why wouldn't I? Or, why do you think it should stay?
>>
Ground and Rock would be combined into one typing called Earth
Ice resisting Earth? Unfixed
Ice resisting Water? Fixed
Water weak to Poison? Fixed
Flying no longer resisting Bug? Unfixed
Fighting no longer resisting Bug? Fixed
Steel, Flying and Poison no longer resist Grass? Unfixed
>>
>>25956471

>Earth

No, you fucking moron. We already have something called Ground. Ground is Earth. Rocks come from the fucking ground. Just use Ground type.
>>
>>25956471
I cannot make heads or tails of this post.
>>
>>25956432
>>Water can no longer inherently learn Ice attacks
This please
Also make ice immune to water
>>
>>25956514
>ice immune to water
that's a little much imo
Water no longer being able to use Ice attacks is a huge buff to Ice right there because now if you want an Ice move you'll probably have to carry an Ice-type
>>
>>25956417
>nerfing flying and buffing steel

You are an idiot
>>
>>25956482
>Rock and Ground should be the same
Okay, let's also make Water and Ice the same type too
>>
>>25956556
>nerfing flying and buffing steel
Are you retarded?

Removing Flying's Rock weakness sent Flying skyrocketing. And Steel remains literally unchanged. Instead of hitting Fairy for SE, it now hits Dragon for SE. The fuck are you on about.
>>
>>25956568
Steel hitting Dragon for super effective with Fairy out of the picture is a gigantic fucking buff. Dragons are broken, and with Fairy out of the picture this makes them even more broken. And so your solution is to make the best defensive type also good offensively against the the overall best type? That's not balance, thats just idiotic. That entire meta would just be Dragons and Steel types.
>>
File: 1427687944634.png (352KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1427687944634.png
352KB, 512x384px
>>25956633
>Dragons are broken
>>
>>25956640
>dragons are not broken
What?
>>
>>25956649
Outrage is broken. Dragons are not broken.

Nerf Outrage to 90 power and limit its distribution. There. Quit parroting shit you've heard from the underage tumblr crossposters here on ml/vp/
>>
>>25956653
Outrage is fucking shit, just switch into a fairy type and revenge kill are you retarded?
>>
File: 1427603841603.jpg (46KB, 591x960px) Image search: [Google]
1427603841603.jpg
46KB, 591x960px
>>25956668
m8, you don't need to add a whole other fucking type just to nerf one move

and Fairy didn't even do that

>+1/+1 Zard-X Outrage
>swap in Fairy
>Outrage ends
>Flare Blitz
>continue Outrage

I'm honestly not even sure what you're trying to say here. That Fairy was necessary to nerf Outrage (it's not) or what?
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 259x195px
>>25956680
Where did you get this idea that outrage is the only thing about Dragons that is broken? Did you not play during gen 5?You are arguing against a point that you made yourself not my point and it makes no fuckinn sense.
>>
>>25956537
Ice should at least resist water.
>>
>>25956707
I think that was in the OP m9.
>>
>>25956710
FUCK YOU
>>
File: 14235646544.jpg (117KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
14235646544.jpg
117KB, 680x680px
>>25956706
>mobileposter
I knew there was something retarded about you.
>>
>>25956711
I'd love to~
>>
>>25956707
When you put an ice cube in a glass of water you don't end up with more ice, you end up with more water, why would ice resist water?
>>
>>25956706
>Did you not play during gen 5?

Unfortunately we're now in gen 6, anon, where dragons are no longer dominating the metagame.
>>
>>25956724
Because fuck you. What about absolute zero, fucking water isn't gonna melt that. Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>25956417

Nah, I'd balance like this:

>Ice is super on Water(This should've been how it was from the get-go)
>Ice resists flying and grass(Once again, common sense.)

>Poison super on Water(OP got that right for sure.)

>Rock resists Electric(should've been this way from the start)
>Rock resists Rock(If you want to go bang rocks together til they break each other, go ahead)

>Fighting and Bug don't resist each other

>Dragon resists Bug(this is just logical)

>Bug is super on Fairy(Literally no reason for Fairy to resist. Give the creepy-crawlies a chance Gamefreak)

Also, disallow Pokemon to learn moves that cover their weaknesses UNLESS they are partly that type.

(Examples:

>Dragons learning Steel/Poison moves
>Fire types learning Grass Knot
>Poison Types learning Dark Moves
>Fairy Types learning Psychic type moves.

Why even have weaknesses if you can just go "lol thers a move 4 dat"
>>
>>25956725
Aren't Charizard and Garchomp top 10 OU? Last time I checked Garchomp was #1 IIRC.
>>
>>25956751
>Water is now awful
sorry m8, had to stop reading there

Either make it weak to Ice or Poison, not both

Ice is already great offensively, adding more shit it's good against isn't gonna improve the type, it's just gonna make more mon that aren't Ice type carry Ice moves.
>>
>>25956755

Water is too strong m8. Being weak to Electric which is very uncommon, and Grass which is a very meh type-- It's just not doing it.

Meanwhile Grass and Rock are out there getting bodied by very common weaknesses because fair?
>>
>>25956758
I agree Grass and Rock are shit. Remove Rock imo. Redundant and unnecessary as fuck. But how to buff Grass?
>>
>>25956713
You lost

>>25956725
I was talking about dragons in the context of fairy type not existing though
>>
>>25956784
>dragons in the context of fairy type not existing

>nerf outrage
>Steel SE vs Dragon
done
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 400x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 400x427px
>>25956789
Do you hinestly think you are being funny right now or something?
>>
>>25956794
Literally if you had such a hard time getting gud in Gen V meta, bring a fucking Donphan with you to shut down Moximence, not that hard.
>>
>>25956777

Rock type is nice though. A second very defensive type alongside Steel.

I guess to buff Grass, you could remove its Poison weakness, because it really makes no sense. (Shouldn't plants resist toxins?)

Maybe tradeoff? Poison super on Water, but no longer super on Grass. Easy.
>>
>>25956807
I dunno. Weedkiller, poisons, etc.

If you want Rock to stay, it needs some serious buffing because being a "defensive type" means it can't have 10,000 common weaknesses that cripple any Pokemon that's part Rock.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 800x720px
>>25956806
Sorry anon, I am done taking your bait for today
>>
>>25956811

Rock could be Super on Fairy, and I don't think anyone would argue with it.

Should also resist itself and Electric to boost its defensiveness.
>>
>>25956724
Water retains heat very well.

So, using an Ice-type move on Water isn't very effective, because its more resistant to temperature change.

However, using a Water-type move on Ice shouldn't be very effective either, because it would require an immense amount of water to shift the temperature of the Ice.

And when you consider that Ice-types must naturally cool the environment around them to below freezing temperatures just by existing, they would do the same to water.

However, for a much shorter answer:
>When you put an ice cube in a glass of water you don't end up with more ice

When you put a cup of water in the freezer you don't end up with more water
>>
>>25956807
>(Shouldn't plants resist toxins?)

No more so than animals.

Remember that Poison isn't just toxins, its pollution.
>>
File: 1459833866466.png (90KB, 222x226px) Image search: [Google]
1459833866466.png
90KB, 222x226px
>>25956827

Feels like they just made Poison > Grass in Gen 1 because most of the grass mons were Grass/Poison so it didn't even matter.
>>
>>25956831
It was only three lines.

Though that makes me curious as to why Rock is in a similar situation - why is weak to Ground?
>>
>>25956751
>Also, disallow Pokemon to learn moves that cover their weaknesses UNLESS they are partly that type.
Let's just make Pokemon a rock paper scissors clone with colorful anime visuals while we're at it
So much better
>>
>>25956471
>steel not resisting grass
Oh boy, here we go again! Give me one good reason other than "it would balance the type". Just be glad Steel isn't super against grass too.
>>
>all these people wanting to nerf water
you don't know the power of the ocean
>>
Fairy should be weak to Bug, Ice should resist Water and Grass, and be super effective against Water. Bug should also resist Fairy.
>>
>>25956777
>Remove Rock
Is this gonna be the new annoying meme?
>>
>>25957064
>Fairy should be weak to Bug
why?
>>
>>25957075
Because it currently resists it, for no reason other than to make Bug even weaker defensively. You can justify it by Fairy being all girly and Bugs being icky to girls. It'd be a much needed buff, and it makes more sense than several type relations. Why should Fairy be weak to Fire? Why should Ghost be weak to Dark?
>>
Are there really people who think Fairy "unbroke" Dragon? It's still by far the strongest type, and the addition of one more weakness (to a type with >no moves, even) hasn't slowed it down in the slightest.
>>
>>25956818
I would argue with that. Fairies are mostly harmed by man-made things. Rocks are part of nature so there is no point to fairy to take lots of damage from it.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.