[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOOPA BANNED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

File: 1430868195046.gif (128KB, 798x568px) Image search: [Google]
1430868195046.gif
128KB, 798x568px
So now that Hoopa's banned, lets ban slaking. That shit litteraly OHKOs/2HKOs the entire metagame even with its highly straightforward set.
Truant is not an issue since you can grab a kill then sitch out. In case you need a stronger move, just use Giga Impact. Fire Punch dents Mega Sableye.

Also, regarding Mega Sableye, lets keep him OU. Without it, stall is basically dead. I'm not a stallfag, I just want the metagame to be healthy.
>>
Shit, forgot link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/normal-spam-slaking-bulky-offense-peaked-3.3569610/
>>
File: 1460453152732.gif (953KB, 330x300px) Image search: [Google]
1460453152732.gif
953KB, 330x300px
>>25956332
tornadus-t is the next to go though
>>
>>25956332
>Ban % = 61.24%

And it was so close, too.
>>
>>25956332
Slaking has never been an issue for me but I usually run a couple pokes with protect on my team.
>>
I hope you're happy now Smogon. You got rid of the chemo made with the purpose to eliminate the cancer that is stall. Fuck you Smogon.
>>
>>25956337
>Banning Genies
>Ever
Good one, lad.
>>
Remember when people considered hoopa a shitmon?
>>
>>25957745
It is, Hoopa-U on the other hand.
>>
>>25957777
Dohoho
>>
>>25956332
>Stall is dead.

Good
>>
>>25956332
Stall is the exact opposite of a healthy metagame, you serial genital mouthvacuum.
>>
>>25957786
who are you quoting
>>
Make a faint clause and just ban sweeping
>>
>>25957899
That meme doesn't work when he actually is quoting OP.
>>
File: 1450030746035.jpg (24KB, 480x299px) Image search: [Google]
1450030746035.jpg
24KB, 480x299px
>>25957665
But Landorus is banned.
>>
>>25957915
he never said stall was dead though, he just stated that without mega jew stall is dead

sadly they'd find another way to keep the cancer going
>>
>>25957926
He extracted the words. You can be finicky and say there should have been an ellipsis but whatever
>>
>>25957926
He did literally say "stall is [basically] dead", but yes, in your context.
Doesn't stop it from being a quote.
>>
HOOPA IS STRONG
>>
>>25957919
Banning one of Landorus' formes doesn't count as banning Landorus.
>>
>>25956332
>>25956335
stop frogposting.
>>
File: DID HOOPA STARTLE YOU.jpg (61KB, 783x473px) Image search: [Google]
DID HOOPA STARTLE YOU.jpg
61KB, 783x473px
In the end, it startled us all.

Rest in ubers.
>>
>>25957985
So Hoopa isn't banned and OP lied?
>>
REMOVE GENIE
>>
>>25958015
>Startle
Anon, you are the dumb. You lack brain to post good.
>>
Ban everything except rotom w, ferrothorn, talonflame, scizor, mega sableye and skarmory

no items

stall only

final destination
>>
File: 1428076257978.jpg (144KB, 673x759px) Image search: [Google]
1428076257978.jpg
144KB, 673x759px
People who think Hoopa-U was banned because of Stall are idiots in the same boat as those who opposed Aegislash, Greninja, and M-Mawile's bans.

Hoopa-U shits on Stall, true, but it shits on every other playstyle as well. You have no idea what set it's running, making it nigh impossible to deal with without saccing a mon. Think you can Pursuit trap it with your Tyranitar or Bisharp after it knocks something out with Choice Banded Hyperspace Fury? Wrong, it was a Dread Plate bluff and it KOs you with Focus Blast. Think Scarf Landorus-T can switch into Hyperspace Fury and knock it out with U-Turn? Too bad, it's running Choice Specs and nabs you with an HP Ice. Like Greninja and like Aegislash you had no idea what it was capable of doing and had to sac at least one mon just to figure out how to play around it.

Stall is annoying, but Stall can be dealt with. There is a myriad of Pokemon that can deal with Stall. Kyurem-B, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Diancie, Mega Altaria, Rain Dance Manaphy, Life Orb Breloom, Stallbreaker Mew, Talonflame, just to name a few. Stall shouldn't become unviable just because a lot of people don't like it. It can be dealt with.

Instead of whining on /vp/, why not go to the suspect test thread and read the arguments of those who were actually able to get the reqs to ban it from OU? Clearly the most experienced players felt like it deserved the boot, and clearly there are other arguments than "it shits on Stall", so why the fuck does this anti-Smogon sentiment still exist?

Why did /vp/ go to shit regarding Smogon and competitive when X and Y were released? People were fucking defending Mega Kangaskhan and Mega fucking Gengar when they were being tested. There is undeniable power creep and Smogon is doing its best to accommodate it to encourage a diverse and uncentralized meta. You can't just have a laissez-faire meta like VGC has, Singles is a much more complicated format to balance than Doubles.
>>
File: 1452066609653.jpg (30KB, 403x497px) Image search: [Google]
1452066609653.jpg
30KB, 403x497px
>>25960771
I STILL remember that guy calling Furfrou a counter to Megamom when XY meta was starting out.

I sure hope you're still posting, you fucking retard.
>>
>>25960771
>it can run all its sets at once
Same argument was made about Starmie and Keldeo. Fuck off.
>>
>>25960883
That's not the argument that was being made, the argument is that once it comes out it's a gamble as to what's going to die, what does Keldeo or Starmie have to do with anything? They were never tested?

I forgot to mention that Gothitelle Stall was the most powerful version of Stall and it was banned, so it's not like Smogon's voting council is full of Stall users, they tackle something that's uncompetitive or overcentralizing and test it to see if it's truly banworthy or not.
>>
>>25957592
>>25957806
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
>>
>>25960921
1. Smogon was making that argument about Keldeo last gen during suspect testing. SOmeone else did the calcs for Starmie to show how ridiculous it was. No-Counters doesn't mean broken

2. Goth stall was stall that beat stall since most of stall can't break it and Goth was designed to come in a a stally mon, trick it and stall it out, so stallfags had to deal with it just as much if not more than offense.
>>
>>25960921
>implying
I used Gothitelle exclusively to fuck over stall.
>>
>>25960771
>Stall shouldn't become unviable just because a lot of people don't like it.
But it's okay to ban evasion strats just because Smogon don't like it!

Fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>25962479
Evasion straight up promotes luck over skill, that's a completely different point.
>>
>>25960771
Yeah, it's practically impossible to switch into safely, but offensive teams don't really care because Hoopa-U can't switch in against them either. I do agree with the ban though, since Hoopa-U is so strong against both balance and stall.
>>
>>25960771
Didn't even read your post but one look at it and i can smell the smogon dick sucking radiating from it
>>
>>25962493
>stall
>skill
>>
>>25957806
what's wrong with stall/bulky offense as an archetype? besides being hard to coexist with HO, etc
>>
>>25962605
It requires as much skill as any other playstyle not solely based around dice rolls.
>>
>>25958015
Hoopa-C is still in like RU though.
>>
>>25957968
I guess he was surprised after all.
>>
>>25962637
Bulky Offense is fine

Stall is annoying because it's literally boring to play, to face, and to watch.
>>
>>25960535
>not M-Slowbro
>not Heatran
>not Chansey
unacceptable
>>
>>25962735
as a (former?) stall player I enjoyed and enjoy all three of those though
>>
>>25958378
Well, you can still use Hoopa in the OU
>>
Finally, I was tired of being forced to use Mandibuzz to not lose a mon to it.
>>
>>25962605
What? It's the most skillfull playstyle. You need to make a real fucking good team to try and cover all the weaknesses and holes it might have, which is almost impossible in Gen 6, and if one of them falls, the entire team falls apart, you need to play safe for your whole team 24/7 and know when safely attack or defend. Meanwhile offense teams just pick some shit like Specs Keldeo and spam Hydro Pump until something dies. Because of it and some other similarly powerful Pokémon stall has been dead since Gen 5, already on suicide watch in Gen 4. But all /vp/ cares about is shitting on Smogon at every chance without even playing the metagame and knowing what they are talking about.
And Hoopa-U needed to go because it shat over everything, not just stall. Bring him in on a slower Pokémon or special attacker and boom, something in your team dies, wow so much skill, stall BTFO amirite?
Same reason why Thundurus needs to go. It can fuck over absolutely anything and you never know what it can do until it's too late. Wanted to tank that TBolt? Too bad, Nasty Plot time. Thought Tyranitar could take it with the Sand boost? Nah man, Superpower. Want to cripple and wear him down with statuses and other shit? Nope, Taunt. At least you can revenge kill it with a Scarf user- oh wait Prankster TWave lol now even if you kill him you are crippled forever. His coverage is also over the line, there is basically no answer against it. He needs to go as much as if not more than Hoope-U.
>>
>>25967248
>stall
>skill
>>
>>25967268
bro if all you can do is greentext two words i think he won the arguement
>>
>>25967290
>/vp/
>winning
>>
>>25967248
Stall the most skillful playstyle? You're kidding right? I don't think you have ever seen how brainless the current stall teams are. Mega Sableye litteraly forces yu to run Clefable or you're fucked. And even if you have a wallbreaker, you need to switch into Mega Sableye first, which means that you either risk a burn or having your item koncked off. And in case you manage to switch in, well the stallfag simply switches out to a counter such as Chansey or Quagsire. Not even Manaphy can break stall as most teams run either unaware Clefable or Shedinja.
>>
I love how majority of both stallfags and stallhaters in this thread are completely wrong on so many different points.
>stall is weak
Kek, look at the top of OU ladder where a bunch of Stall users maintain consistently high elo.
>stall is overpowered
Git wall/stallbreakers and git gud, high level players have no problem with it and they don't spam stall that often either.
>stall is unhealthy
Sort of true actually, since it's an anti-meta playstyle that wants to completely shut down as many different Pokemon from the outset as possible, but since it can't cover all of them nor is it fullproof (hello crits), it tends to be more matchup based than other archetypes. But as long as it remains less viable than more offensive archetypes it's not a problem.
>stall is braindead/skillful
Not any more so than offense, at least against a team with neutral matchup. You still need to make a few successful predictions to beat opponent's wall/stallbreakers. It becomes incredibly braindead when opponent has nothing that can actually break your team. Stall requires tremendous know-how when it comes to teambuilding, however.
>stall takes too fucking long to play against
Not true when you're an offense player yourself. You shouldn't take more than 50 turns to either break problematic stall mons and secure your win or lose your ability to break them, at which point you can just forfeit. Stall vs balance can take a pretty long time, but nothing too excessive. Stall vs stall games are the real chore that last for hundreds of turns, but again, as long as it's less common than other playstyles such matchups should be rare.
>>
>>25967429
>high level players have no problem with it and they don't spam stall that often either.
>Kek, look at the top of OU ladder where a bunch of Stall users maintain consistently high elo.
High level players don't have problems with shitters using stall.
>>
Honestly competitive Pokémon is kill. I'll switch to Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3.
>>
File: 1432103542241.jpg (17KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1432103542241.jpg
17KB, 500x368px
>>25967422
>most teams run Shedinja
>>
File: zarel confirmed.png (23KB, 651x45px) Image search: [Google]
zarel confirmed.png
23KB, 651x45px
>>25967268
>>
>>25967497
Which means you have to run HP fire or some other retarded shit like shadow ball just to beat stall :^) Mega Sableye takes care of the hazards obviously.
>>
>>25967492
Assuming it ever comes over, unless of course you have a jp 3DS and can read moon.

I finally buckled and got a jp 3DS somewhat recently.

DQ Theatrhythm, Rocket Slime 3 and Felyne Village DX are pretty awesome
>>
>>25967429
this is such a pitiful attempt to hide your stall biast. stall is just a cheese/cheap win and whenever something comes along that possess a threat the babies cry and get it banned because they actuality have to git gud.
>>
You silly goyim, don't you realize Mega Sableye is next because he is a staller that beats stall? He has a godlike typing, Magic Bounce, prevents both Rapid Spin and Defog, can set up Calm Minds on stall team literally for free and there is nothing they can do after Unaware Clefable is down (and Mega Sableye can still beat it or at least wear it down a lot), great defenses, Knock Off, Will o Wisp, Recover, Torment and Taunt just in case Magic Bounce was not enough of a fuck you.
Mega Sableye is next, cap this.
>>
>>25960771
So ? All you need is scarfed U-Turn to demolish it.
>>
>>25967671
I fucking hope so
>>
File: 1408942557418.png (74KB, 1275x401px) Image search: [Google]
1408942557418.png
74KB, 1275x401px
>>25960771
By that fucking same logic of yours, sonny, every pokemon with greater stats and a large and variable movepool should be banned. Hell, Smogon itself is gonna end doing that the way they're doing this shit now!

> why the fuck does this anti-Smogon sentiment still exist?
Pretty simple, because the Smogon community rigs these test shits and use crowd-control to do their bidding. Remember pic related and Haunter trying to backpedal when such thing was revealed? I fucking do.

Those rules will always remain house rules for an absurdly one-sided metagame. Your "it's for the greater good" shit isn't convincing anyone anymore.

By the way, tell your autists that cartridge DOESN'T use smogon rules while at it. I'm fucking tired of having disconnections when i play my teams due to petty shit like using evasion moves or putting to sleep at least two pokemon.
>>
>>25967671
They already tested Mega Sableye before Hoopa-U, so I don't think it's retested before Sun and Moon, but who knows.
Also, it doesn't prevent defog. Magic Bounce makes Sableye use Defog.
>>
>>25967797
If it hadnt been tested along with Gothitelle, then I think it would have been banned. Unfortunately, since there was mostly a debate whether its Sableye or Shadow Tag that it broken, people chose the latter since noone knew how the metagame would look without ST gone. But now we know that Sableye is still a problem, so if there was a suspect, it would certaintly be banned. The problem is that its the council who randomely decided what will be suspected and since they are stallfags, well....
>>
>>25967712
>every pokemon with greater stats and a large and variable movepool should be banned

Every Pokémon with absurd stats and a large and variable movepool IS banned, you numbnut! It is the simplest definition of an OP Pokémon. Hell, Genesect was banned for that exact reason!
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 499x499px
>>25956332
Im just glad i don't have to see that atrocious abomination every day,
good riddance
>>
>>25967693

while 9/10 youre sacrificing a pokemon to do so.

there are only two scarf u-turn users that can sometimes swith int Hoopa-U. everyone else gets either OHKO'd or its too big of a risk.
>>
>>25969049
Or you play smart and never make him enter the field.
>>
>>25956332
Mega Sableye is the best anti-Stall Pokemon there is, what are you even talking about?

It only fears fairies so something like Excadrill or ScarfZone can easily back it up
>>
>>25967248
So stall rewards skill in team building and memorizing the entire metagame.
But stall is the most brain dead when it comes to actually playing the match.
>>
File: that was easy.png (56KB, 286x635px) Image search: [Google]
that was easy.png
56KB, 286x635px
IT'S

HAPPENING
>>
>>25971978
>mega mawile
>latias
>banned
Well, it seems I will never be playing OU
>>
>>25971978
What's this picture a reference to? It's not Smogon's.

>>25972036
M-Mawile was banned aaaages ago, how did you not know? It was like the second or third Uber to be banned.
>>
Ok, if you can't notice the satire in the OP, you need to reread it. At least I hope this is satire.

Regarding some other comments in this thread.
>>25960771
No, Hoopa-U did not shit on every other playstyle. It was slow, could be revenged easily, and had limited switch in opportunities. Offence dealt with it absolutely fine, Bulky Offence dealt with it fine. Balance with offensive pressure could deal with it, although it had a bad matchup. Excessively fat builds are the odd one out here, because they lost to it very very badly. This was a ban specifically to accommodate more defensive playstyles. Of all the breakers you mentioned, about 2 are actually effective (Garde, Mana), and a lot of stall builds have started to run stuff that shuts them down in Jirachi, or Calm Unaware Clef.

>>25967248
You're delusional. Offence isn't just spamming Hydro Pump with Keldeo, it requires strategic thinking and gutsy plays/predictions to win with Stall does involve predictions, and the strategic thinking is only what you can sack to heal up something, and what you can't. It's incredibly matchup based. When you play stall, you're literally hoping that the opponent doesn't bring something you're weak to, and if they don't, you just switch between your defensive core mons for 100 turns. Also lol at banning Thundurus, did your Seismitoad eat a grass knot recently?

Finally, yes, we should ban Sableye. It's a common thread between 90% of matchup based teams on the ladder, think Wonder trio, or hard stall, and it deducts so much from the skill of a game in every matchup it is in, assuming the user isn't a drooler who lets it sit there and eat scalds for no reason, which I have seen happen more than I should.

I'm pretty much building from the start with all of my teams to be able to take on stall now, precisely because of how safe removing one of the best breakers in the tier has made it. Yes, you can beat stall, if you gear a huge amount of your team to it, so you lose to other shit.
>>
>>25971978
>Raikou is too tough to handle but M-Gardevoir isn't

?????????????????????????????
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.