[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pmg/ Pocket Master General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 3

File: ching chonk.jpg (454KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
ching chonk.jpg
454KB, 1136x640px
Welcome to the /pmg/ for discussing the Android/iOS app Pocket Master/Magic Elves.

Pastebin with basic information: http://pastebin.com/JEFX0ta8
>What is this?
A Chinese mobile game where several Pokémon are turned into humanoid versions. You build a team of 6 (5 active + 1 Backup) and fight through various stages. Video of the Gameplay: https://youtu.be/nqPUo3ILm6I?t=9s
>How do I play?
Android users: google “Magic Elves apk” or download it here https://mega.nz/#!LNATjbYJ!AyMq4S5hbQuPQZk0vFzhGtWgCQnqq0D8Xk5EqlWM33I . The new version can be ignored. Unless you like generic anime trash, download Magic Elves, which features the Pokémon-like design.
iOS users: Go to the app store and look for Super Evolution.
>This isn’t Pokémon Anymore!
Yes it is. The older version (Magic Elves(android), Super Evolution(iOS)) still receives the updates needed to play.
>What Server should I use?
Most of us are on C04 Cerulean City.
>Which Starter should I use?
http://pastebin.com/FP9gNKav
>Is the Artwork available anywhere?
Some rips are available here https://mega.nz/#!ywVTFaAJ!XqXMGSLRvhE-LtBdqZLfjNT7NAGdJM7MnwysFG__irg
>How do I get X Pokémon?
Tap on the Wiki button in the game menu, tap the Pokémon you're looking for, and scroll down until you can find how it's obtained.
>How much should I spent on this game?
Nothing. The game is rather generous with its in-game currency. You can reach several VIP tiers though, depending on how much you spent. $10 gives you VIP3, which is the first useful VIP rank (Access to the Server Fund event > many Pokécrystals). $60 gives you Zapdos (VIP6) and $700 gives you Lugia (VIP10). There are better legendaries though.
>How should I build my team?
You have two options: 3 melee, 1 healer, 1 ranged; or 2 melee, 1 healer, 2 ranged. More details in the pastebin, or ask for advice. Try to fill your team with 15 quality 5-stars (purple stars)
>Any Guilds?
There are 2 /vp/ related guilds: vporeons and trainers.
>>
First for why the fuck can I never get a Torchick Jesus Christ I want one so bad
>>
>>25946681
>get 4 Squirts via free summon
seriously, I want to get away from this hell
>>
>>25946306
>>How much should I spent on this game?
>Nothing. The game is rather generous with its in-game currency.
Are you saying the game isn't pay2win or that it is but you can still get through it?
>>
>>25948124
It is sort of pay to win, but by joining a big server you get such a massive amount of free resources that it's equivalent to spending a lot of money for free.
>>
>>25948171
You actually get store currency for being on a large server? Why would they do that?
>>
>>25948124
It's pay to progress faster through an "almost endless" progression.

>>25946681
Unless you need one for a combine, getting only one is useless.

Progress is way faster if you choose pokemon with pieces that are easy to get
>>
So what are these EXP treasures for? I have so many but seemingly no use for them.
>>
It's only giving me an option to join S04 Cerulean City instead of C04. Same thing?
>>
>>25948233
There's basically an event that is a global pool of cash purchases. Everybody in the server gets prizes based on milestones, but people who do in-app purchases get more.
>>
>>25948354
Seems like OP fucked up
>>
>>25948249
probably used to level up the Myth tier items that you can equip at level 40~
good luck getting your hands on one though
>>
>>25948249
They are experience points to upgrade the treasures in Bag > Treasure if you have any (those blue/purple presents give pieces and you need five of the same treasure to get one, usually through the Champion Tower or events)
Treasures are equipped on pokemon and grant +X% attack or hp plus an extra if monster is the correct type/element, they are the two slots over the monster in the Team section.
>>
Cresselia and Darkrai were added today and the facebook posted a pic saying coming soon.

Does anyone with the Chinese Version now if this will be a summon or some time limited thing
>>
>>25948233
It was a big group thing. People on the server who have spent real money can donate to this fund, and by doing so they get a bunch of rewards as they level up their character. By donating to the fund though, it also unlocks this other reward that everyone on the server can get, regardless of whether or not they've spent real money.
>>
>>25948506
considering wiki, needs to be unlocked via purchasing crystals.
>>
So I assume the only way to increase vip level is spending actual money?

Anyways I think I finished the tutorial after which it sent me to the cash shop. Anything I should know about saving consumables or can I pretty much just start using whatever chests/loot I got?
>>
>>25948620
No reason to hold onto things like berries. Just level your pokemon up right away.

You could make a case for saving golden chests. Every once in a while there's an event where you unlock rewards by opening certain amounts of golden chests during it.
>>
Been asking a lot of questions but I have another. The point of reborn is that jacking up potential doesn't give you stats for retroactive levels? I assume there's some cap to potential?

Fun game though. I'm amazed a chinese anime girl ripoff is this good.
>>
>>25949720
No. Potential stat growths are retroactive. The point of rebirthing is pretty much just to gain your resources back if you don't want to use that pokemon anymore.
>>
>>25949720
as you can see, there are 3 options when activating ones potential.
One with a +40% stat boost and 2 others that dont give that but also dont cost crystals.
Reborn is to get back all Potential points (not the stones) so you can re-invest into that monster with the 40% boost, if you havent done that from the beginning. if you havent; dont bother with reborn.
>>
>>25949720
Shit, I hope that is not the reasoning. I didnt even think about that. I only use reborn to regain berries when I am evolving to fill the wiki. Or if I swap a member of the team.
>>
>>25949720
It's possible to use a reset stone to recover all your potential points instead of doing a reborn. Reborn is used to get all the awaken stones and berries if you want to replace that pokemon with a different one.

Pokemon get 1 potential point per level and most people do a gold inspire on monsters that will be destroyed or reborn later and the pokestone inspire on team members that will be kept forever, usually legends and talent 15 monsters that will become Mega later (most popular ones like Meganium or Feraligatr have Megas)
>>
>>25949811
Do the English versions have megas yet? I've been out since middle march. If so, what's the average cost in mega stones to mega a 15qa mon
>>
>>25949924
not out yet
>>
What time zone does this thing use? I want my fucking duck.
>>
>>25950481
GMT 8
>>
>>25949764
He was talking about reborn, not Reseting, mate
>>
Do you get your berries back when you consume a pokemon to level up another one or do they just get wasted?

Also do 3 star monsters gain new skills when you advance their potential or do they stay bad?
>>
>>25950792
never use or awaken three star monsters. they are worse than useless.
>>
>>25950837
I've already been training the clefairy they gave me to start since I have no other healer. Just sunk cost at this point?
>>
>>25950854
If you have no other option then keep it. Dump that thing as soon as you get an alternative healer though. If you've already put resources into it then whatever, you can get those resources back by rebirthing the monster later.
>>
>>25950870
Don't see that option. I assume it unlocks later?
>>
>Kabuto recieves 30% less damage
>his normal attacks can weakent he enemies attack for 20% of their ATK
>his special WILL inflict the enemy witht hat status effect
>27XX base damage
jesus, nigga makes a good edition to a 3-1-1 team
>>
>>25950880
It's the bottom tab when you go to train the monster. It's called reborn, not rebirth.
>>
>>25950907
Any monster of the month can only be obtained once (or twice if VIP high enough).
So they don't stand a chance because they can only reach purple or orange level. Use them as placeholders if you wish before you finish your team.
>>
>>25951267
dont they repeat them next year or something?
>>
>>25951267
>Any monster of the month can only be obtained once (or twice if VIP high enough).
>So they don't stand a chance because they can only reach purple or orange level.
Are we talking about talent levels or something else? I was under the impression you could get any pokemon to the max potential for its species.

>>25950983
You're talking about the tabs on the left that go 'lv up', 'awaken', 'evolve'? If so I guess I haven't unlocked it yet.

That said I did get a miltank I'm replacing clefairy with. Should I be hesitant on training 4/5 star (without the pink star effect) monsters too or are they sometimes good?
>>
>>25951505
Your goal is going to be getting a team of all 5 pink stars as soon as possible. 5 yellow stars aren't completely awful though so it's ok. Ideally you'd want to be avoiding 4 stars at all costs as well, but honestly Miltank is pretty ok. Getting your first 5 star support can take a while if you aren't lucky, so a lot of people end up using Miltank for a while.

Also that other guy is talking about awakening. The thing you use dawn stones for, you might not have awakened that yet either. The way it works is that each time you awaken a monster, it gets a number next to its name like Charmander +1. After getting to +3, your next awakening requires a pokemon sacrifice and then the quality of the pokemon goes up, it usually learns a new skill, and you start the number process over again. Once you've hit purple quality +3, your next awakening requires a copy of the original pokemon. So since most people are only getting one Kabuto this month, most of them won't be able to get it to the next quality level for a long time because it's going to require another Kabuto.
>>
>>25951555
>Your goal is going to be getting a team of all 5 pink stars as soon as possible. 5 yellow stars aren't completely awful though so it's ok.
I was assuming the stars are just based on talent and thought that you could just raise that later anyway. Is it something different or was I just wrong that you can raise it?
>>
>>25951608
Talent is basically how strong that species of pokemon is. Stars are just another way of representing that number. For example, 6 yellow star pokemon contain every 16 and 17 talent pokemon. Neither of these numbers can be raised. Every pink 5 star pokemon is 15 quality. The things you can increase on your pokemon are potential, awakening level, and regular level. Also their gear.
>>
>>25951714
>The things you can increase on your pokemon are potential
Oh that's what I was thinking of. And that's the thing that is capped so that everyone can reach it?
>>
>>25951739
I'm not sure what you mean. Potential points are just their own thing. Every time your pokemon levels up it gains a potential point, and in the potential menu you can attempt to get those future and retroactive growth rates up with them. Regardless, potential is seperate from talent. Talent and stars don't change at the moment, although I think when mega evolution finally gets added that does increase your pokemon's talent by 1.
>>
>>25951769
I was just wondering if there's a cap on potential.

Maybe I read something about mega evolution and that's why I thought talent could increase.

Anyways thanks for all the help. Unless you happen to know that consuming a pokemon for awakening refunds its berries I guess I'm off to grind for the reborn option.
>>
>>25951929
I want to say that when you attempt to consume a pokemon with berries invested into it, you'll get a message asking if you want to reborn it. Honestly I'm not sure though.
>>
Can anyone else log into S09 Vermilion city? My main account is on there and the game nearly locks up trying to log in.

I can log into any other server without issue though.
>>
So is the game supposed to require stamina to autoraid from the green ticket menu on the elite map? It's letting me raid from there despite not having any.
>>
>>25953409
No, it consumes your green tickets. Depending on your VIP level you get a certain amount of green tickets per day. Each ticket lets you auto farm one level for free.
>>
so what will the Awakening cost be from Orange to Yellow and from Yellow to Red?
>>
>>25953503
Same as from purple to orange.
>>
What does reset do on endless trials?
>>
>>25954575
Endless Trial Reset allows you to play through the trial a second time each day and increase the number of coffers opened so that you can get more coins.
>>
>>25948235
I want Articuno. That's what I need the Torchick for.
>>
Is it normal for my daily objectives to not get crossed off when I do them even though I can see the list?
>>
For the guy looking for a torchick I went ahead and purchased some stones for 20$ But you have to check the total purchased event! It resets daily and torchick was in there maybe once or twice? Keep an eye out O.o also fuck does this game have a lot of updates.
>>
>>25953503
>awakening is white-green-blue-purple-orange-yellow-red
Triggered.
>>
>>25953755
>have to get Ralts 3 times in order to get a red Gardevoir
kill me
>>
Anyone feel like helping me out? I feel like I've stalled.
I've got a fair pile of 15s and am working towards Moltres, but I don't know which of what I have is good and I keep needing to use friend units to finish stages.
>>
>>25958202
Im currently stuck at level 3 of Hoen. I could break through my level 60 cap easly, but then I would have to fight in the lvl 100 Expert trial, and I wouldnt even break the level 10 mark there, meaning less treasures, Crystals and less trial points (which I need for these fucking Myth Treasures)
>>
>>25958252
I'm at Johto 9 right now. I'm pretty much only auto-raiding a few, non high level soothe berries every day.
My OA's 76k, and I really shouldn't have to use a friend unit for EVERYTHING.

I'm tempted to just say all my pokes, but I don't want to do that to the thread.
>>
Is Leafeon a good healer? I have an Eevee I don't know what to do with and I already have a Moltres. I would like a Jirachi at some point but it won't be anytime soon. My current team is Lapras, Charizard, Moltres, Milotic, Feraligatr, with Venusaur on backup.
>>
>>25958784
Same person, I also finished my Shiny Growlithe last night. Worth putting on the team or is it pretty much just combine fodder?
>>
>>25958737
this thread is somewhat barren anyway; go ahead.

Also dont worry, its kinda normal to do that; normaly you have to 1-2 star the levels and then keep raiding them automatically until you get the berries to max all your pokemon, so that you can 3-star the stage when you dont even need to do that anymore since you already got all the needed berries.
Having high-tier friends helps you speed up the process, dont worry.

>>25958784
that sounds like every team ever.
Kinda shame to have all these pokemons yet to be the best you have to result to a cookie cutter build.
>>
>>25958961
*keep exploring them manualy

not sure why the fuck I said raiding them automatically.
>>
>>25958961
Well I use what I get, which isn't much considering I don't want to pay anything.
>>
>>25958961
Well, I've usually been three star-ing them then auto-raiding.

I've got all the starters, Blaziken, Altaria, Tyranitar, Serperior, Dragonite, Lapras, Scyther, Lairon, THREE FUCKING PIKACHUS, and Kabuto.
I'm also a couple of pieces away from Eevee, Feebas, and shiny Growlithe. And Nibelsnarf, but who knows how long that could take.
Not mentioning a bunch of random 5-stars I'm evolving.
There's just no way to tell what's going to be good, since you don't see a lot of what other people do.
I do know Lapras and Aggron are good, Torchick and Pikachu are used for making other pokemon. I've been told that the login reward pokes are too hard to max, so they're not good.
>>
>>25959231
Lapras is good because of the 25% defense boost. And since Lapras is easly obtained, many use her, since everyone glamours over her and her asscrack.
The issue is that many fail to utilize her correctly,A lot of idiots think she is a super back-up, which she isn't;
There are 3 situations you can be in
Situation 1 : Enemy breached into your lines, killing one of your front-row monsters, Lapras joins the fray
Situation 2 : You are winning, you breached through enemy lines but the enemy killed one of your attackers; Lapras joins the fray
Situation 3 : You and your enemy kill one of each other, still a tie

Situation 2 doesn't need the 25% defense boost realy; you are on the attacking end and all the enemy Blast-type monsters are meleeing your guys. You will win this unless the enemy has Venusaur and a Rage 3 Ability, which might topple you. But still, chances of you loosing now are slim. A Attack-type mon would have been more usefull, since you need to be more aggresive in this situation.

Situation 3 is rather common, you both send out a backup and since yours is more defensive, this might not be the best situation; the enemy proved already that he can kill one of yours; if he took out your attacker, you might not breach through now unless Rage Abilities happen. Lapras damage output is forgettable. If he took out a defensive unit, all his Monsters now will focus your attacker while lapras makes her entrance. Considering attackers usualy dont have a good defense, this might lead to your doom since he will have all the heat, not Lapras.

Situation 1 is the funny one: many put Lapras in the back just to be able to overcome this dire situation, yet it also is Lapras HUGE flaw. When your Monster dies first, shit is looking bad. Enemy attackers will have all their eyes on your others, not Lapras. So when they finaly target Lapras, her bonus defense effect might have already worn off

Sorry for my horrible english
>>
>>25959451
I don't agree with this. I run two ranged damage dealers with abilities that hit every enemy, and lapras is an amazing backup because she stalls long enough for my back line to get those abilities off over and over again. By the time they've killed one of my front line, my meganium (soon to be articuno) is probably already on their healer, and at that point the ranged pokemon will just spam their AoE on everything until I win.
>>
>>25959485
Articuno requires a Meganium for the combine and uses both Chicorita and Lapras as awaken materials.

On an unrelated note, Mega Charizard Y is talent 16 and is pretty much upgraded Charizard.
Mega Charizard X has talent 17 but gets a complete rework on relations/skills and becomes a melee striker class.
>>
>>25959451
If I get Feebas I could do a stupid stall team on arena defense with four defenders.

Is any of my stuff useless though? I don't want to invest too hard into something bad.
>>
File: rape mind_break emotionless_sex.jpg (119KB, 610x475px) Image search: [Google]
rape mind_break emotionless_sex.jpg
119KB, 610x475px
>>
>>25960223
Wait, does articuno really require chikorita and lapras as awakening materials? Someone else said that it was lapras and torchick. I've got like three chikoritas so that would be amazing if true.
>>
>>25960374
Is that the mega or something?
Or are they replacing all the art?
>>
>>25960666
There are two versions on android right now. The version with all of the pokemon art intact, and then another version where a lot of the pokemon have been edited to look not so pokemon. It's unclear whether or not the new version is going to become mandatory. IOS still only has the pokemon version, and even on android they're both being updated at the same time, so who knows.
>>
>>25960691
No, they wont force you to use that one version.
As we speak, there are 8 different versions of the same game running around; all of them still work without problems.
The only reason they would want you to update is to use the google playstore for quick payment, which isnt even an option for european players (since google europe is blocking every new app, period.).
However, they also can see the playcount. As long as a lot of people still play on the older versions, they will update them, because those could still pay up via paypal or MOL points.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-15-14-15-53.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-15-14-15-53.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Have they done an event like this in the past? Or have these "mystical stones" come up before?

Wondering if it makes sense to hold on to them for the future.
>>
>>25961418
As far as I'm aware this is the first time this kind of event has come up. If you go into the event tab of the notice page though, it says "all tickets and exotic stones will be clear after event ends," which I assume means that you're gonna lose whatever you don't spend.
>>
So to get a spearow to combine I have no option but to keep buying random pokemon?
>>
Which is better, Milotic or Gardevoir as a Support?
>>
>>25961944
milotic.
>>
>>25961944
>Gardevoir
ATK : 2691
DEF: 300
Ability: 1202% recovery on all + remove freeze
Passive: Auto-heal range +2 squares
+10% ATK to all Guard/Strike Monsters. Reduce 19% of DMG taken
Increase attack SPD by 30%

>Milotic
ATK : 2691
DEF: 300
Ability: 1200% recovery on all
Passive: Auto heal +18% and +1 square
Restore 1,2% MAX HP per second
Increase attack speed by 30%

Now it depends. Do you have a 3-1-1 formation? Gardevoir. Her 10% bonus Attack and +2 Squares is perfect for when your front breaches through.
Do you have a 2-1-2 formation? Milotic. While her 2nd ability ultimativly is fucking useless, her increased auto heal is what you need; your front is lacking one monster, so chances are 2 will soak up a shitton of damage. You need some hardcore HP to outheal them.
>>
>>25963280
Important to note is that Gardevoir's buff doesn't stack with a lot of other buffs that are fairly easy to get, like the one from Moltres or Venosaur.
>>
>>25963300
how did people figure that out? And does that apply to every +ATK buff?
So a full team where every Mon buffes the team ATK , only the highest ATK buff counts?
>>
>>25963300
Well there goes my team plan.
>>
>>25963346
Yes. That's the reason why pokemon like Ho-oh are so powerful. She brings two seperate effects that are basically +damage buffs, but neither actually +attack buffs so they all stack.
>>
>>25963395
>>25963300
>look at me, Im talking out of my ass!

>>25963346
>>25963392
I wrote a ticket regarding this once to Gamedreamer. They do stack. Also apperently the defensive boost from Garde counts towards all monsters.
>>
>>25963467
If garde's defensive bonus applies to everything then that's a mistake, but attack buffs definitely do not stack. Go try it yourself in one of the factory levels. It's very easy to test.
>>
>>25963467
>>25963499
So will boosts from pokemon that give bonuses when they're in reserve stack with these other things?
>>
>>25963520
The way I understand it both from what I've been told and from what I've seen in limited testing is that the same types of bonuses do not stack. Say you have one pokemon who gives +20% attack to your whole team, and another pokemon that gives +10% attack and 10% damage reduction for your melee pokemon. In this situation, the whole team would get the 20% attack boost because it's bigger, and your melee pokemon would also get the 10% damage reduction because that is the only buff of that type on your team.
>>
How does healing work anyway? Will they heal faster with more attack speed? Will they heal for more with more attack?
>>
>>25964881
Yes and yes.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.