[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove Gen VI is canon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 8

File: 1444038748872.png (197KB, 1000x251px) Image search: [Google]
1444038748872.png
197KB, 1000x251px
Prove Gen VI is canon.
>>
>>25905523
the fact that it exists
>>
>>25905523
I'm currently playing it
>>
What the hell ? its not, what are you talking about.

It's crearly a spinoff
>>
SM is part of gen 6 and SM are the latest games
>>
Gen VI isn't canon.

The Mega Evolution timeline is separate from the other two timelines.

>CANON
Gen III > IV > V

>RETCONNED TIMELINE
Gen I > II

>NOT CANON
Gen VI
>>
>>25905551
Fuck you.

>>25905537
Fuck you too.
>>
>>25905523
Canon relative to what?
>>
>>25905537
>SM
>gen 6

Underage detected
>>
>>25905655
what makes you think that
>>
>>25905662
You're invalid opinion/overused meme of "6.5"

Trips confirm
>>
>>25905673
>invalid

it's not invalid though. If anything what you're saying applies to gen 7 fags.
>>
If dubs, Pokémon Quartz is canon.
>>
>>25905686

No it doesn't
>>
>>25905686
But it is. Numerous counts of evidence pointing to generation 7 outweigh all the straw grasping of anything 6.5 fags spew out. Oh and you know, the official sites confirming that its the next gen
>>
>>25905551
>the latest mainline timeline isn't the canon one
I bet you think SuMo will be Gen 6.5
>>
>>25905531
>>25905532
But it will always be non canon.
>>
>>25905709
Yes it does

>>25905714
As long as we don't know the mechanics and compatibility there is no evidence pointing to gen 7.

> Oh and you know, the official sites confirming that its the next gen
Just like the official sites confirming that mega mewtwo is a new pokemon or oras has a new world right?
>>
File: frog pokemon.png (225KB, 716x862px) Image search: [Google]
frog pokemon.png
225KB, 716x862px
>>25905523
>>25905534
>>25905551
>>25905747
Do you have any basis that gens 3 through 5 are the canon timeline aside from the fact that you don't like gen 6?
>>
>>25905523
>>25905534
>>25905551
>>25905747
>zinniaimagination.jpg
>>
>>25905551
That was some seriously impressive mental backflipping. To be honest, I'm not even sure how you managed it.
>>
>>25905790
Because it's made in a way where fans can interpret its continuity thanks to it taking place in a seperate timeline.
So it's non canon.
>>
>>25905759

No it doesn't you stupid fuck.

No evidence of 6.5
>muh Zygarde moves/formes
>muh souvenir
>muh Floette
>muh pentagon
Literally means nothing. It's obvious that the mechanics will be different. You know deep down this is the next gen, you just don't want to accept it.
>>
>>25905759
Yeah, new world for those who never played through a Hoenn game.
And what makes you think they weren't waiting for the right time before calling mewtwo's new form M-Mewtwo?
>>
>>25905900
>Yeah, new world for those who never played through a Hoenn game.

And when SM gets confirmed gen 6 you'll just handwave it as yeah, new generation for those who have never played gen 6, right?

>And what makes you think they weren't waiting for the right time before calling mewtwo's new form M-Mewtwo?
What makes you think they don't just call formes new Pokemon considering Masuda did exactly that with Kyurem-B/W?
>>
File: 2938477272.jpg (79KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
2938477272.jpg
79KB, 570x587px
>>25905759
>>25905938
>>
>>25905759
>Just like the official sites confirming that mega mewtwo is a new pokemon or oras has a new world right?
>Actually believing the bullshit marketing buzzwords that officials throw out for hype
>Not around long enough to realize that new Pokemon = new Dex entries being the true definition
>Not understanding hard enough to know that "new world" was proclaimed to generate hype due to them being remakes

Tell me something kid, is there a reason you want to stay in the fucking worst generation of Pokemon ever? I can safely assume your reasoning behind "6.5" too, because its always the same with you faggots.

>B-but Pentagons!
Can be completely scrapped or re-done
>Unused moves
Again, scrapped or saved for later distribution for anime
>Unreleased Pokemon
Distribution for anime/movies
>Zygarde!
Anime, Tretta, TCG, Picross

Its fucking Gen 7 kid. There's already two new dex entries that everyone knows will be incompatible with previous gens. ORAS easily battled and traded between X and Y, with the exception of the new megas. Official sites confirming it being a new gen. Logos and artwork with little to no correlation to Zygarde or gen 6 whatsoever. Plus, obvious new mechanics and features hinted at within the concept art (I.e vehicles)
>>
If anyone thinks Gen VI is canon, look at the facts. You're wrong.
>>
>>25905956
>ORAS easily battled and traded between X and Y, with the exception of the new megas.
To add:
GSC easily traded with RBY with the exception of the new pokemons. For battling you needed Stadium 2.
And that was called Gen 2.
>>
>>25905523
The fact that Gamefreak made it
>>
>>25906001
Game Freak made Gen I and II, though. And those are confirmed not canon.
>>
>>25905979

Canon to what??

Aren't there like three timelines or some shit?
>>
The only canon games are BW and BW2.
>>
>>25905534
If gen 7 has megas, then gen 6 is canon
If it doesn't, then it is a spinoff "generation" for the mega marketing
>>
File: 1459054791069.jpg (225KB, 1715x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1459054791069.jpg
225KB, 1715x1800px
>>25906007

Yes. The retconned timeline, the canon timeline, and the non canon timeline.

The retconned one was the original canon timeline, Gen 1 and 2.

The canon timeline is Gen 3, 4, and 5. It retconned Gen 1 and 2 with FRLG and HGSS.

The non canon timeline is Gen 6. It didn't retcon the canon timeline in the way the retconned timeline was because of the fact that Mega Evolutions and the POSSIBLE Black and White 3.

Masuda has confirmed that in the future they could return to Black and White's story. This was confirmed even after the non canon timeline (XY) were in development.

But this wouldn't work with the current, non canon timeline. Which means its not debunked.

Source http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/198239-masuda-talks-possibilities-of-pokemon-black-white-3-pokemon-snap
>>
>>25905523
>>
>>25905995
Gen 2 can't battle with Gen 1.

Stadium isn't battling Gen 2 with Gen 1 because it's just reading pokemon off of the cartridges and battling on the game itself, which is gen 2. But it's not a gen 2 game directly battling with a gen 1 game.

Gen 2 also had different move animations, different sprites, color, different battle mechanics.

Don't pretend SM will be like gen 2 if the graphics are the same, the mechanics are the same, and the compatibility is the same.
>>
>>25906035
Alternate universe does not mean non-canon
Why do you believe that is the case?
>>
>>25906048
WHAT DOES IT MEAN
>>
>>25906054

There can only be ONE canon timeline, as we've seen how the original canon was retconned. The pattern shows that there can only ever BE one. And judging by the facts, Gen 3 4 and 5 are the canon timeline.
>>
>>25906048
Nice find
>>
>>25905523
>reference to blue
>>
>>25906048
>>25906060
>>25906056

Colress exists in alternate timelines as an alternate self the same way Blue from the retconned timeline (Gen 1 and 2) and Blue from the canon timeline (Gen 3, 4, and 5) do.

Your photo proves nothing.
>>
>>25906048
leeeeeeeeeeeeeeel VI canon confirmed
>>
>>25906075

WRONG. NOT CONFIRMED

Read >>25906068
>>
>>25906059
You're making an unnecessary assumption. The most recent information, given by ORAS's Delta Episode, clearly states that both "universes" exist parallel to each other. These two universes making one greater whole and that is the canon.
>>
>>25905523
You seem to be the one that really cares about this thing, so why don't you prove why gen 6 is not canon and why is it relevant to anything.
>>
>>25906095

I already did.

See >>25906035 >>25906068
>>
>>25906102
How do you know that gen 6 is not the new canon, and that they are retconning all older gens?

Also, why do you care if gen 6 is canon or not?
>>
>he thinks Gen 6 isn't canon despite the fact that Kalos mons and Megas will continue to be in the Dex in future mainline games and remakes
>>
File: mr-miyamototableflippingface.jpg (30KB, 530x291px) Image search: [Google]
mr-miyamototableflippingface.jpg
30KB, 530x291px
>they seriously think a Nintendo franchise has consistent and "canon" story
>>
>>25906121
They aren't retconning the older gens, they exist concurrently but do not overlap.
There technically exists and unexplored kanto, johto, sinnoh, and unova in the gen 6 universe with differences in the story and characters
However, the non-mega universe still exists and very well might be continued if game freak gets sick of megas
>>
>>25906059
>There can only be ONE canon timeline
Zelda has three.
>>
>>25906219
and it's the only nintendo franchise to have an official canon, and just because it was forced by fans
>>
>>25906274
If that's the case, then Pokémon has no canon, therefore you have proven that Gens 3 through 5 are not the canon timeline.

Can't back out of this one, anon.
>>
>>25906295

He's not me, dumbass.
>>
>>25906297
In that case, congratulations, you just told him to take that "canon timeline" bullshit and shove it up his ass.

Can't back out of this one either.
>>
>>25906310

I'm the one who has shown the proof that Gen 6 is not part of the canon timeline.

The other anon is just telling you you're a dumbass, which is a given.
>>
>>25906315
>I'm the one who has shown the proof that Gen 6 is not part of the canon timeline.
There's no canon Pokémon timeline, as the other anon said here: >>25906274
>and [zelda]'s the only nintendo franchise to have an official canon
In other words, in that anon's attempt to prove me wrong, he has only managed to disprove that "canon timeline" bullshit.
>>
>>25905551
>>25905523
Is this thread your headcanon? This isn't fanfiction.net
>>
We need to start using flags here
>>
my ass is cannon if you catch my drift
>>
>>25906361
Did you just manage to make two fart jokes at once?
>>
>>25906361
impressive
>>
>>25905759
Mega Evolutions are "new pokemon". Just because you misconstrue the meaning of a phrase doesn't mean the official sites are secretely lying to you about all of their official information.
Speaking of which, they didn't mean you're literally in a new world. Well technically they did since this is a different dimension from the Hoenn we know. But what they meant is that you're experiencing a whole new world because Hoenn has changed so much from its first appearance. Did you think in Alladin during the romantic carpet ride scene that Alladin and Jasmine literally travelled to a different planet as well?
>>
>>25905995
There was a lot more differences between RBY and GSC than the inability to backwards trade Johto pokemon to Kanto.
And Pokemon Stadium is emulating your teams from RBY. As far as your Blue game cartridge is concerned, you hooking it up to Stadium 2 does literally nothing. It's a LOT different than trading, battling, and interacting between XY/ORAS.
>>
>Hey Game Freak let's make a comeback to the Hoenn region but with new features
>Great idea! Let's add mega evolutions to Hoenn too!
Why the fuck do you guys keep insisting in making a kids' franchise more complex than it actually is. There's no "Universe" or "canon". It's just the Pokémon World, where kids catch monsters and battle, each game with a new setting to keep it fun to play
>>
>>25906059
>There can only be ONE canon timeline
That is an arbitrary rule set by you and agreed upon by literally nobody else.
And these aren't even timeline splits, it's literally just alternate dimensions that canonically interact with each other. It's like saying that half of Link to the Past is non-canon because it takes place in the Dark World which is an alternate dimension. It isn't, bucko. And speaking of Zelda might as well point to what the other anon said about Zelda's timelines, and how they're all canon as well.

This entire thread is you shitposting about your pointless and insubstantiated fanfiction. If any of the dimensions are non-canon, it's the Gens III-V dimension. Newer official works ALWAYS supercede the events of older works in terms of what's canon and what isn't, that's how the entire idea of a "retcon" even exists in the first place. There is no possible way that you can argue one of the alternate dimensions in Pokemon to be non-canon and not have it be the older and abandoned one.
>>
>>25906523
The alternate dimensions bit isn't fan theories, you know, the entire post-game Delta Episode of ORAS focused on the fact that there are two alternate dimensions, one where Mega Evolutions don't exist because the ancient war mentioned in XY didn't happen, and the one which ORAS takes place in because the war happened and Megas exist. It's very explicitly clear that the other dimension was the one we played through in Gens 3-5.
>>
>>25906204
>They aren't retconning the older gens
ORAS say hi
>>
>>25906561
Delta Episode says hi
>>
Trailer shows every main series Pokemon game starting from Red and Green all the way to XY.
This quote
"It all comes TOGETHER in an all NEW Pokemon Adventure.
All Gen 6.5fags Kill yourselves.
>>
>>25906361
Damn
>>
>>25906551
That doesn't answer his question.

Whether parallel universes exist or not doesn't matter. What matters is why it should mean anything why one fictional world is more fictional than another equally fictional world, to the point where people would become legitimately upset about it.

This is double for a franchise such as this one where the world itself is an irrelevant excuse for Pokemon to exist and new regions/mechanics are routinely shoehorned in or out for no reason.
>>
>>25906204
>Gamefreak getting sick of megas
Yeah right faggot.
>>
>>25906587
The way he wrote it seemed to imply that people were overcomplicating things by speculating as to why this Hoenn has new gameplay mechanics such as Mega Evolutions, even though the reason is part of the canon.

To answer your topic it doesn't matter because they're both equally canon, it's just that the universe of Gen VI is the one we the players will be experiencing from this point onwards. If anything that means the Gen VI universe is more canon, so OP is still weapons-grade stupid.
>>
>>25905956
>Logos and artwork with little to no correlation to Zygarde
Although the colours of the logo (as well as X and Y's) match the inside of Perfect Zygarde, and he has new forms.
>or gen 6 whatsoever
Anistar City had the sundial (Sun), and an NPC in the same area references a moondial (Moon).

I believe Sun and Moon will introduce a new battle mechanic called Starburst (official name found in an unknown mechanic in Pokémon GO)--a fusion of some kind with the trainer (based on Pokémon Reburst manga). The sundial in XY helped locate Mega Stones, the moondial in SM will locate Burst Hearts.
The anime has also featured something similar, with the Ash-Greninja fusion, and what a perfect time to showcase that feature.

Perfect Zygarde also seems humanoid in shape, so who knows, maybe he is related to Starburst somehow.

Seems obvious Sun and Moon are sequels to X and Y, in the same way Gold and Silver were to Red and Blue. Especially with all the throwbacks X and Y had to Gen 1. Definitely Generation VII.
>>
>>25905551
They're both canon, but they fucked us who closely keep track of the more over by bringing the universe into the multiverse with the Delta Episode. Have you played ORAS?
>>
>>25905551
That just means it's a SEPERATE CANON.

Pokemon does not have a central canon. There's way too many spinoffs and spinoff media for that to be possible.
Anyone who thinks there's only one canon for everything Pokémon related is an autist
>>
>>25905523
>canon
Kill yourself.
>>
>>25905839
Every game is its own canon.
>>
>>25906068
In the same way DC retconned their original main universe into a side one Pokemon retconned the previous main universe into a side one with the coming of X and Y and this was confirmed in ORAS.

In other words, Gens 1 to 5 are no longer canon to the main universe.
>>
>>25906274
>and it's the only nintendo franchise to have an official canon
Metroid
Star Fox
Fire Emblem
Mother
>>
>>25908825
Don't be surprised when the """"Kalos"""" generation of Pokemon are retconned into the new generation without a single mention of """"Kalos"""".
>>
>>25908883
If anything, that would debunk the idea of "latest gen isn't canon because I say so"
>>
>>25908883
Yeah just like every Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova pokemon right?
In any case Kalos was already mentioned in ORAS a subsequent game, so sorry kiddo it's not going anywhere.
>>
>>25908905
And who the hell said ORAS was canon?
>>
Just wait until GF release an official timeline, like TLOZ.

For now, i think Gen VI is a parallel universe where that war happened, maybe, like ORAS, other regions have different stories, pokemon origins has shown that Mega evolution existed in Kanto (Parallel universe).

I want to play a Kanto with Mega Evolutions, also johto, sinnoh and unova. Also i want to know how is kalos without mega evolution, maybe in the future GF shall show us a kalos without megas or other regios with megas.
>>
I didn't like gen 3, therefore gen 3 isn't canon. amidoinitrite?
>>
>>25908960
Well, it has mega evolution to link with X/Y
>>
Gens I and II = retconned
Gens III, IV and V = re-retconned
Gen VI = current canon timeline
>>
>>25908960
Someone who has a better basis or arguing which gens are and aren't canon than "I don't like it"

It can be assumed that the timeline/universe in which the latest gen takes place is the canon one. Gen 6 is the latest gen. Therefore, Gen 6 is canon.
>>
File: genwar_bingo.jpg (339KB, 777x922px) Image search: [Google]
genwar_bingo.jpg
339KB, 777x922px
>>
File: bettergenwarbingo.jpg (369KB, 777x922px) Image search: [Google]
bettergenwarbingo.jpg
369KB, 777x922px
>>25909198
>>
>>25905523
>HURR ITS NOT CANON CUZ MUH EXP SHARE N MUH BATTLE FRUNTEER MUH SAFARTY ZONE MUH GAY CORNER

Suicide yourself back to /r/pokemon
>>
>>25906561
ORAS are the exact reason we KNOW it isn't a retcon.
>>
>>25911761
Because of something that was brought up by Zinnia, who shortly after got called out for being a nutjob?
>>
We're still waiting for a new canon game after B2W2. Tired of this filler non canon bullshit by Game Freak.
>>
>>25912762
>filler isn't canon
This is a new low even for you.
>>
>>25912869
I think he was being sarcastic. At least I hope so
>>
>>25905523
Muh parallel universes. I don't have to and I have an official excuse to throw out ORAS in favor of my preferred Emerald.
>>
>>25913267
>Muh parallel universes.
A nutjob brought that up and was called out immediately afterward for being a nutjob.
>>
Gamefreak isn't consistent enough to have an established canon.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.