[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where should i start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Pokeball.png (122KB, 894x893px) Image search: [Google]
Pokeball.png
122KB, 894x893px
its been years since i've played pokemon and the last i've played is emerald. i havent had any idea of the gameplay changes (if there is any) in gen 4,5,6 but i wanted to start again.

should i start at diamond/pearl/platinum? black/white? x/y? or or/as? and any tips from starting in these generations?
>>
Or/as
Choose mudkip
>>
Black/White, OP.
Wait for Sun/Moon, skip gen 6.
>>
>>25880162
may i ask why skip gen 6? OP here.
>>
>>25880173
XY is so chock full of pandering that it's sometimes hard to process you're not playing a game set in Kanto.
ORAS is a downgrade from Emerald.
>>
>>25880190

W-what about black 2?
>>
File: 1458518831129.jpg (2MB, 2400x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1458518831129.jpg
2MB, 2400x3508px
>>25880272
Black and White 2 aren't the usual third version setup like you have with Emerald and Platinum, they're direct sequels. You are almost guaranteed to like them more than black/white, but you should still play black/white first. I would also suggest you go ahead and play Platinum and HG/SS before you get there, partially because doing things out of order triggers me, but also because they're fantastic games and pretty popular straight faced choices for best game in the series around here.

Gen 6 puts a lot of people off for different reasons, megas, non-existent difficulty (even for a Pokemon game), the ruby/sapphire remakes being inferior to Emerald in a lot of ways, the in-game models being lazily animated and washed out color-wise, etc. It depends on who you ask. If you lurk here for a few days you should be able to spot a gen war thread and then you can see people's gripes about everything.

If the new changes don't bother you too much, or if you're actually a fan of them, go right ahead. Have a good time anon.
>>
Best to try X or Y to get used to the most recent version, and if you're into it, get Platinum, and choose one each of HGSS, BW, B2W2, and maybe ORAS.

Also you can transfer pokemon to each next generation. So you could gradually move everything from Emerald to Platinum, and onward proceeding to S&M.
Makes filling the pokedex a cinch if you have a living pokedex.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.