[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should more dual type moves exist or does that muck-up everything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Ash_Hawlucha_Flying_Press.png (1MB, 1566x881px) Image search: [Google]
Ash_Hawlucha_Flying_Press.png
1MB, 1566x881px
Should more dual type moves exist or does that muck-up everything?
>>
>>25879626
Only as exclusives in very specific circumstances.
>>
>>25879778
How about that, a reasonable answer as the very first one.

Dual-type moves tend to be worse than having moves of those types separately, since they usually hit more things for resisted damage and give switch-in opportunities to a larger variety of mons.

I could imagine a dual-type move with a decent secondary effect being an interesting alternative to whatever types the move is made of, but that's it.
>>
>>25879778
Like Steam Eruption, Oblivion Wing and Dragon Ascent?

The last bothers me the most since it has dragon in its fucking name but it's flying type.
>>
>>25879802
None of those I see as moves that need to be dual typed.
>>
>>25879626
It's been over 2 fucking years and I still don't understand flying press completely.
Please no more dual typed moves
I mean gamefreak introduced them, so they're never coming back anyways.
>>
what would be the most effective type combo for a move to have?
>>
>>25879887
Probably Ice and Steel, though I didnt look it up to verify this.
>>
>>25879887
Ice/Fairy if only to fuck over dragon types
>>
>>25879887
I'm not sure if it would be the most effective but an Ice/Ground move would fuck up all mons left and right
>>
>>25879899
>>25879904
>>25879937
gen 7 better bring a fucking offensive specced ice type. Give it a decent second pairing for resistences too
>>
>>25879887
boltbeam or edgequake
>>
>>25879942
I just want them to give Ice some resistances.
>>
>>25879942
defensive ice types just don't make sense anyways, who's in charge of this
>>
>>25879853
it does flying damage and fighting damage. just set up the type effectiveness multipliers separately and then multiply together

vs. normal? fighting 2x, flying 1x = 2x damage
vs. rock? fighting 2x, flying 1/2x = 1x damage
vs. ghost? fighting 0x, flying 1x = 0 damage
vs. poison? fighting 1/2x, flying 1x = 1/2x damage
>>
File: 1432955036090.jpg (28KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
1432955036090.jpg
28KB, 264x292px
>>25879626
In terms of retconning,I actually can't think of any existing move off hand that wouldn't become way too complicated.

I was going to say Blaze kick, but that means it would deal fire and fighting damage and have a high critical hit ratio AND have a chance of burning on top of that
>>
>>25879987
might as well throw in chance to confuse and attract while you're at it
>>
>>25879987

And get dual stab, and murder steel types (and the eventual steel/ice type) into ten flavors of oblivion.

Let's just quit while we're ahead here people...dual type moves open up an unbelievable can of bullshit that I honestly don't want in an already poorly balanced game.
>>
>>25880000
Stab doesn't apply to the secondary type on a dual type move.
>>
Fighting/Flying makes a good combo because there are no types that are weak or resistant to both Fighting and Flying. It'll always do 0.25-4x damage like any other move, it just happens to have its own type chart.
How would you feel about moves with built-in 2xSE combos? A hypothetical Grass/Water move could do anywhere from 16x damage to jack fucking shit depending on the target.
>>
Will Flying Press do x4 damage to an Abomasnow?
>>
File: muck up.png (90KB, 800x415px) Image search: [Google]
muck up.png
90KB, 800x415px
>>25879626
>>
>>25880233
fighting vs ice = 2x
fighting vs grass = 1x
flying vs ice = 1x
flying vs grass = 2x

obamasnow would get fucked up by hawlucha
>>
>>25880377
>obamasnow would get fucked up by hawlucha
Thanks. I asked because Wulfric is coming up very soon in the anime and the preview has shown a match up of Hawlucha vs Abomasnow. Should be fun.
>>
>>25880410
it should be a cool fight, but does the anime explicitly follow the game mechanics?

we are talking about a show where pikachu can KO ground types and electric armor swellow
>>
>>25880459
Those things don't really happen anymore. The previous gym had a Meowstic with Prankster as the focal point of Olympia's strategy.
>>
>>25879802
I believe the last one deserves it.
Fug has acended so much that the fucker gets a flying move powerful enough to have "dragon" in it's name.
>>
>>25879626
I don't want more dual typed moved, I want more moves that hit super effectively against different types. For example, a Poison-type acid move that hits Steel super effectively.
>>
File: 1459814723618.jpg (120KB, 573x507px) Image search: [Google]
1459814723618.jpg
120KB, 573x507px
>>25880377
Imagine a Fire/Flying move against Parasect
fire vs bug/grass = 5x (dry skin)
flying vs bug/grass = 4x
>>
>>25880630
now imagine that move in the sun, that it makes contact, and is used by a choice banded tough claws charizard x

parasect pees itself and faints before the battle even starts
>>
>>25880645
Is charizard X's higher attack worth losing the dual stab from charizard Y?
>>
>>25880651
the way moves are coded, it would have to be either a fire type or a flying type move, so dual stab isn't a possibility
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.