[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix the GTS /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

How would you fix the GTS /vp/?
>>
>>25878591

Nothing's wrong with it. If you offer something and ask for something reasonable it'll be taken very quickly. That's why it looks like it's all shit - good trades go fast.

Some tweaks to block absurd requests would help, but if you remember that you can offer trades and not just search for them, it works quite well as is.
>>
It's just fine if you deposit and don't seek.
>>
Add official egg move and IV flags.
>>
>>25878591
>include a section that shows what pokemon people want for what you already have
>make it impossible to ask for event legendaries
>add some kind of tiering system to prevent unrealistic requests
>>
>>25878591
I hate how people can request Pokemon that you can't put up like event legends, Game Freak needs to fix that shit
Other than that it's pretty good
>>
>>25878591
Time limit of 5 hours for each pokemon
All pokemon are accepted, even events and pokemon holding ribbons.
Online hack check is also applied for the GTS.
An extra menu for checking stats, nature and moves of the selected pokemon.
>>
>>25878591
be unable to ask for event legends/otherwise unobtainable mons

feature where shiny pokemon can only be traded for other shinies

Wishful thinking tier:

for the sake of being nitpicky, I guess locking a mon to a desired nature you want will be cool. like have the option to only receive Adamant Tyranitar's or something like that. Won't happen though.
>>
You can only request a mon that is incapable of breeding if you put up a mon incapable of breeding

manaphy is considered incapable of breeding for this, Phione is not
>>
>>25878591
reverse search

you can see what pokemon people are offering for whatever you have
>>
>>25878731
>make it impossible to ask for event legendaries

Why? Just let people ask for them if they never get them too bad, I would agree with this ONLY there never were any retailer exclusive giveaways giveaways anymore like Mew a few months ago, Darkrai, Arceus and Genesect later this year.
>>
>>25879177
too many people ask for dumb shit in exchange for an event legendary
>>
>>25879650
Let it be, if they don't get what they want too bad for making absurd offers. The sollution would rather be filtering options when one is searching.
>>
>>25878591
Better filtering logic to prevent people asking for things that cannot be acquired
Trade expirations so longstanding pokemon trades with no interest end automatically
Stat, Ability and Game Origin details availible, as well as markings
Better filtering systems to search for specific abilities, shininess, and other factors
And a reverse search as >>25879053 said so you can fulfill trades.
>>
Make it so that you can't ask for event legendaries since you can't put them up anyway.
>>
>>25878591
What really needs to happen, imo, is a better tagging system.

I love to breed pokemon for people, and I offer fairly reasonable trades (female adamant speed boost Torchic with 5 IVs for a C-tier legendary is not a bad deal, and that's the most I ask for. Usually it's just some poke I need for the dex.)

But I've noticed a severe chill in trades for me this gen, despite me being completely reputable, because of how many scammers there are out there offering insanely bad trades for often normal pokemon, but pretending that they're good trades by smacking on labels like pokerus and max IV, or hidden ability.

There needs to either be a rating system for traders, so that you know who's got a reputation for scamming and who's actually offering fair or even good deals on a regular basis, or there needs to be tags that verify whether Pokemon do in fact have 5 or 6 IVs, or whether they're complete trash and only have 1 or 2. Same for others: there needs to be a verified pokerus tag, a verified egg move tag, a verified way to tell what nature and ability the pokemon has, and possibly a verified EV tag.

Honestly, having both would be the dream, but either would probably work well and serve the purpose of pruning back the scammers activity on the GTS.

Which, speaking of: the other fixes needed are the removal of the cloning cheat (just search the GTS for Mew to learn why that's a problem. I've never seen so many shiny, identical Mews with the same nickname all holding the same item in my life!), and the installation of an anti-hacked pokemon ability. It over-saturates the market with "rare" pokemon and items, which in turn devalues them massively, which screws up the whole trading system.
>>
File: 1459921130140.jpg (303KB, 720x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1459921130140.jpg
303KB, 720x1116px
>>25878591

A filter option where I can take out absurd requests. I am not going to trade a mew for a 5IV chespin at lvl 1 (especially if i do not know what IVs and its nature).

A time limit for how long a pokemon stays in the GTS.

being able to find specific natures on a Pokemon, or looking at the stats of a pokemon before you trade.

reputation bar. If there is someone who is shit at trading and scams people, other trainers should know about it.
>>
>Ability to see Pokemon summary, moves and stats - level and hold item aren't enough
>Does not allow/show impossible requests (ex level 1 zekroms), or at least option to filter those out
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.