[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best rival since RBY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Best rival since RBY
>>
R-rivals can't be friendly, they must be tryhards and assholes!!!
>>
It's not a rival unless they have a starter that is SE against yours.
>>
>>25875067
I'd rather have a tryhard than someone who's not trying at all.
>>
>>25875101
Fine but why can't they be nice to you why do they have to be rude?
>>
>>25875055
Of the ones we got in Kalos, yes he's the best
>>
>>25875055
Yeah, i know, he is bad, he isnt good, he is not a challenge, his theme is shit.

I know, you people want better rivals, you want to suffer in the game but at the same time not so much.

I know about all of this because you dont stop talking about it and im tired of the same type of threads about how gen 6 wasnt catered to your fine tastes.

I know.

And no, this isnt a pasta.
>>
>>25875101
But no rivals tried except for Wally.
>>
>>25875112
They don't. I have no problems with Barry for example, since he is actually competent.
>>
>>25875112
They don't. Barry is great.
>>
>>25875112
They can be nice to you. The problem is that every rival that is nice to you ends up being shit. The best rival was Silver because there was an actual rivalry going on. Silver and Ethan/Lyra had complete opposite views and philosophies regarding pokemon. You felt good after beating him and it was nice seeing him getting actual character development throughout your encounters ultimately choosing to accept that his obsession with power might not be the only way to become a strong trainer and overcoming his inferiority complex in regards to his father.

He was an asshole through and through. I personally want an interesting rival again. I don't want a pushover that will fellate me in every counter about how great I am and toss me items and shit all the time.
>>
Silver was the only great rival and the last good rival was Barry. I'm not even sure if you can consider Silver a rival, since he's not really competing with you as such. But he is one of the more interesting characters that actually shows growth over the course of the game. Barry managed to be a good challenge while being friendly, although other than that he didn't really stand out.

They need to stop with this friend bullshit. Every time Shauna, Trevor or Tierno showed up in the game, it was shit. They serve no purpose other than to slow you down. Serena/Calem wasn't too bad, although they really didn't do a lot aside from lose to you and eventually admit that you will always be better than them.

They should make another rival like Silver or Hugh. Don't just make the rival an inferior version of the player, make them a unique character with their own reason to go on an adventure. Although Hugh was slightly ruined because "muh Purrloin" was a pretty shitty motivation.
>>
File: 1459195821628.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1459195821628.png
28KB, 186x208px
>>25875120

>Tierno
>Best

Dudes a laughable excuse out of the 4. Even Trevor passes him by the fact he atlest has two pokemon by the 2nd encounter tag battle while the fantass still just has his one corpfish.
>>
>>25875067
Your rival in B2W2 was your friend but he was still competitive
>>
File: image.png (163KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
163KB, 1136x640px
He's no Trevor, but he's still bad.
>>
>>25875717
What the fuck was GF thinking? A level 49 Roserade with one move: Petal Dance. Holy shit did they really have to make the game that easy?
>>
>>25876072
Programming an AI is hard apparently. Want to see something funny? On ORAS, that pokémon breeder at the right of Verdanturf Town, the male one.

Start the battle with a ghost type pokey and the Wishmur will start spamming Sleep Talk until it gets to low HP to actually use rest or just dies.
>>
>>25875371
Actually he was really weak. But still, millions times better than this fat cunt.
>>
I just got back into pokemon games after a 7 year break, and i gotta say, man, that so far x and y are piss easy.

The second i got charizard with mega evolution and the way exp share works now, its too easy.
>>
>>25875304
>>25875209
>>25876429

THIS.

>>25875123
it wasn't even how it wasn't catered to our own tastes, it was just so easy, it was press x to win and it was just so bland. Had they taken a few more risks and made it a tad more challenging it would have been great,
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.