[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRLG or Platinum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1430283577500.png (3MB, 1348x814px) Image search: [Google]
1430283577500.png
3MB, 1348x814px
Which is more outdated? Be honest with yourself
>>
>>25874246
FRLG I guess? Although Looker can just fuck right off, he ruined Platinum for me.
>>
>>25874263
Why? He appears a few times and has little dialogue.
>>
>>25874246
FRLG has no Physical/Special split or a Battle facility of any sort, so FRLG.
>>
FRLG definitely
>>
>>25874246
FRLG has been outdated for a while now.
>>
>>25874356
>>25874328
>>25874320
Now here's some thing to consider:
FRLG can pretty much be patched to include all those things that make it oudated (split, fairy type, megas, abilities) , it even has room for 900 pokemon currently and plans to expand that to 1100.

Platinum has none of those things.

Which, in your opinion, deserves a remake?

Keep in mind that remakes are a good thing.
>>
File: 1458538589929.jpg (34KB, 300x343px) Image search: [Google]
1458538589929.jpg
34KB, 300x343px
>>25874373
>FRLG
>patched
You what?
>>
>>25874373
except platinum already has the split, and abilities.

if you're saying someone can romhack FRLG to make it relevant, the same can be said for DPPT

you literally debunked your own theory.
>>
>>25874373
At that point it's barely Fire Red due to all of the hacking. It's kinda sad that you made this thread just so that you could talk about how an outdated game could be hacked.
>>
>>25874246
You can't even make sense, now. Go back to /v/, B.
>>
>>25874373
Answer this, what would require more patching to reach the current standard?
Whichever needs more is in more outdated.
>>
Does anyone ever have a hard time going back to pre gen 4 games because of the physical/special split?
>>
>>25874544
>if you're saying someone can romhack FRLG to make it relevant, the same can be said for DPPT
But that's not true at all.

>>25874547
>it wouldn't be FR
But it would be more akin to a remake.

>>25874686
Since FR 721 already exists. Platinum
>>
Emerald
>>
>>25874718
>Since FR 721 already exists. Platinum
That's not even the game you're talking about you retard. You're talking about the vanilla games.

And in any case that just proves that FRLG required more patching than Platinum.
>>
>>25874718
It is definitely possible to modify DPPt. Just because there aren't as many tools for it right now doesn't mean it'll never happen.
>>
>>25874373
>Keep in mind that remakes are a good thing.

No they're not.
>>
>>25874785
>That's not even the game you're talking about you retard
I am? FR requires less patching as patching on it already has been done.

>>25874797
If we're arguing the possibility of something happening it's always more than zero. That's not an argument however. I can't predict the future. Neither can you.

>>25874874
Explain again why they're a bad thing.
>>
>>25874898
>I am? FR requires less patching as patching on it already has been done.
The hack is not the same as the vanilla game you idiot, the one you specified in the OP.

In any case, if you were to hack both from scratch it would require more work to update FRLG because it lacks several new elements that were introduced in gen 4, the elements already present in Platinum.

You can use the romhack and say it requires less work all you want but that doesn't change the fact that people actually put work into that.
>>
>>25874797
As someone who has tried to use the gen 4 and gen 5 map editors, it is a HUGE pain in the ass to do so.
>>
This is like asking which one is technically outdated, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary or Halo 4? Halo 4 is obviously more up to date. While it may not be better, it is more up to date than Halo CEA.
>>
>>25875045
OP is retarded anon, just read the thread.
>>
All I fucking want is to play a remake of fr/lg with hgss graphics
>>
>>25874246
FRLG was 2004, Platinum was 2008.
I'd say FRLG was more outdated.
>>
>>25874934
You're jumping too conclusions

>FRLG would require more work
But it wouldn't. Because said work has already been done.
>>
>>25875375
>Because said work has already been done.
You do realize that the hack didn't just pop into existence right?
Meaning someone DID in fact put work into it.

Anyway, if both games had hacking tools on the same level it would, for a fact, take less effort to hack Platinum because the mechanics in the game are closer to what we have now than FRLG so less work needs to be done.
>>
>>25875471
Does work that already has been done require work? No. You idiot
>>
>>25874320
It had a battle tower, it was just different than the RSE battle tower
>>
>>25874263
Looker and the Distortion World were the most annoying parts of Platinum.

>select all images with mountains
>>
>>25874246
The engine that Gen 4 used was absolutely pathetic. The whole game literally ran worse than gen 3.
>>
>>25876731
They perfected the graphics though
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.