[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Team Rocket decline as characters after the OS ended?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: CfXjhheUsAIas8r.jpg large.jpg (84KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
CfXjhheUsAIas8r.jpg large.jpg
84KB, 600x580px
If there's any characters who went to shit after the OS ended, it wasn't Ash. It was literally Team Rocket.

Back in Kanto and most of Johto TR was genuinely funny and had heartwarming moments and great comedic episodes. Their decline started in Hoenn but they were still decent enough but then after that they just became annoying and time wasters.

I had honestly forgotten how good their characters were in the early seasons.
>>
They ran out of character development ideas for them I'm guessing.

Sad to see they just serve as plot filler nowadays.
>>
> Why did Team Rocket decline as characters after the OS ended?

I think you mean after episode 3
>>
>>25856696
>Weezing and Arbok debut
>>
>>25856471
To be fair, th concept didn't make sense in the first place
>James is a millionaire geniyus bishonen prodegy with at least 3 chicks lusting after his very sperm, the best rocket has to offer.
>Gets stuck with jessie because she's literally the worst in rocket.
>Her idiocy rubs off on him (it literally gave this as the explanation)
>Meowth flashbacks
>twerps
>Picachu-centered OCD
>>
>>25856742
So when is jessie going to to start whoring him out? She could make big bucks selling her partner out like that, and lord knows he's a big enough doormat to go along with it
>>
>>25856471

They had some good moments in Sinnoh, particularly when they turned Jessie into a reasonably competent coordinator.
>>
>>25856742
>That first sentence
Buy a fucking dictionary.
>>
>>25856471
Meh, I dunno about that. The had some good moments, but I feel like their OS characters aren't as good as what they became in battle frontier and sinnoh.
>>
Japan just has a fetish for mentally retarded charterers. Thats why I stopped watching the anime.
>>
>>25858687
>implying anybody was smarter in OS than they are now
>>
>>25856742
To be fair, James would probably be a good Rocket member.

Jessie's just taking the job because she has mommy issues and probably would be better off going straight.

Meowth is forever cucked no matter what he does.
>>
>>25856471
>Third TRio thread this week
Good taste.
>>
>>25856471
They had that one serious run in BW anime
>>
>>25856471
This is what happens to any character that remains the same for 20 years.
Same with Ash and his shitkachu, they don't have a character anymore. They are just "insert yourself to begin fantasy" now.
>>
>>25856471
They didn't go to shit. They were shit from the start. There is literally no difference besides BW in their character. The only difference now is that they have their own episodes with character development and not being complete retards like them vs Team Flare.
>>
>>25856696
I think he means everyone after the first 10 episodes.
>>
>>25858896
It's hard to say. Jessie is definitely the more evil of the two. She could be their top rocket if she became more competent and self sufficent.

I feel like james could be more successful if he just left team rocket and joined the pokemon league.

Meowth needs to utilize his skills as a translator. He's really missing out on those big bucks. You just know people would pay for something like that
>>
>>25859051
Jessie would be better off entering sales or business than crime. Both of them tend to harbor the same kind of people, the only difference is that it's been proven Jess can handle legit shit much better.

James has the brains and possibly the talent, just not the manpower. He'd be better for the research part more than the field operations.

Meowth just can't get over being cucked by the boss and overlooks the idea he could be a Pokemon negotiator or something like that.
>>
>>25859051
>>25859073
Well, they already have Psychic types for translations.
He'd be better as an actor.
>>
>>25859073
To be fair, ALL of them do better in legit operations. But what would make jessie b more suited to business than james or meowth? Has she shown any innate talent for it in any episode?

I won't deny that james is probably suited for R&D, but I think eventually his conscience would get the better of him. He's just not cut out to be a villain.

What meowth really needs is a trainer of his own. He's shown several times to desire having a home and somebody to love, but always winds up getting screwed by another pokemon taking his place where he could have been happy. Once he has a trainer though, I think the boss will be no more than a distant memory
>>
They aren't true antagonists anymore.

They were essentially promoted to middle management within Team Rocket and sent away from their base of operations so they could stop hindering the rest of the organization.

Jessie isn't bad when it comes to contests and James has shown that he has an affinity for Grass types and potential to be a good, caring trainer.

They're antagonists simply because they don't realize they're actually kind of tertiary heroes.
>>
>>25859509
>Tfw James will never join gardenia as co leader in her gym.

Why live?
>>
File: 1459999859509.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1459999859509.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>25859551
>>
>>25859581
I see that meme a lot. What episode is that frame from?
>>
>>25859644
>meme
It's not a fucking meme, it's a reaction image, an image macro.
>>
>>25856471
>Why did Team Rocket decline as characters after the OS ended?
Takeshi Shudo no longer had anything to directing towards the end of the original series.

Basically, you can thank him for the Rocket Trio becoming part of the cast. Here's a couple of translated entries from bits from his blog about that and the run of the anime itself

http://dreamsofpaprika.livejournal.com/102167.html
http://dreamsofpaprika.livejournal.com/111983.html
>>
>>25859755
So sue me. I've been up for the past 36 hours and have long since abandoned any semblance of intelligence. That still doesn't answer my question. What eisode is it from?
>>
>>25859865
Find it yourself.
/vp/ isn't here to cater to your needs.
>>
>>25859087
Nah, meowth gets stage fright too easily. He doesn't like being put on the spot.

Maybe he could be a detective? Spying on people in dark alleyways, even if he were spotted, they'd probably just say "eh, it's just a stupid meowth".
>>
>>25860223
All anon did was ask what episode it's from. No need to be so aggressive.

>>25859865
Look up Diamond and Pearl Episode: Piplup, Up, and Away
>>
>>25860782
Thanks anon. Truly you are a god among men
>>
>>25856471
Because they kept doing the same shit every episode. Even a toddler would know it wouldn't work out.
>>
What they really need is to break off from team rocket and to either pursue another line of villainy, or just go straight.

I love the trio, but being with the rockets have doomed them to failure.
>>
>>25862498
Would watch a spinoff of the Rocket Trio going straight and pursuing a goal of being Pokemon masters
>>
Beating a dead horse isn't entertaining.
>>
>>25862847
I don't think both of them could do the league challenge, but jessie could do contests and James could do gym battles. Jessie has the contest thing down pat anyway.
>>
>>25862847
I'd watch a spinoff of team rocket in general. Even if they never went straight.

Let's see the rivalry between Cassidy and Jessie. Is James the only one to ever say biff's name correctly? Can raticate and meowth be friends?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.