[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud at team building?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: itwouldbefoolhardytotry.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
itwouldbefoolhardytotry.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
How do I git gud at team building?
>>
Why the fuck do you even want to? Learn Karate or something useful.
>>
File: image.png (196KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
196KB, 600x600px
>>25845234
>why the fuck would you even want to?
I dunno, maybe to have fun? Here's the defenition just in case you don't know what it means: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fun
>>
>Consider Brave Bird, steel types, literally my mom's meme stall mon and [insert fairy type mon here]
>Build your team to counterattack them
You're as good as done
>>
>>25845234
>Implying Karate is useful
You don't know how many kids I have seen that they believe are tough shit because they know karate, and then they get their ass kicked by a common thug.
Learn something decent like kick boxing, that shit will make you fit and teach you how to take a hit.
>>
>mega kanga
>lando
>terrakion
>amoongus
>aegis
>jellicent
>>
>>25845299
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homosexual

real def.
>>
>>25845314
I never said Karate was useful.
>learn Karate OR something useful.
>>
>>25845207
Just steal teams from top players.
They are almost all the same in VGC anyway, nobody will give you shit for it.
>>
>>25845207
Choose a main Pokemon, the one you'll use as your win condition, and then build around it.

Read up on tips:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/strategy/perfecting-your-pokemon-party-in-2016/

http://www.pokemon.com/us/strategy/2016-winter-regional-championships-2016-vg-preview/
>>
File: 1457535399999.png (891KB, 1280x1183px) Image search: [Google]
1457535399999.png
891KB, 1280x1183px
>>25845207
you should get into breeding. from learning how to breed you will gradually learn team building. after you have bred quite a few awesome mons you will be at a new understanding of pokemons. from there you can choose which mons you want to breed for the purpose of team building.
start with a gengar
>>
>>25845314
Depends on what type of Karate. Kyokushin Karate produces hard motherfuckers that'll fuck your shit up
>>
>>25845350
That's actually putting the kart before the horse. You don't want to spend hours breeding a bunch of Pokemon that have zero synergy and can't be used together in a team.

First, different competitive tournaments have different rules. Look up popular teams for the specific tournament, swap your preferred Pokemon with the ones who have similar roles, and then invest in breeding.
>>
>>25845350
No.
One, breeding is for autistic faggots or people who don't have the resources to inject.
Second, you breed AFTER you plan a team. Why in the fucking world would you want a bunch of useless mons?
You need to know what you need in a team before getting the pokemon.
Using an online teambuilder is usually a good option before injecting/breeding.
>>
File: 1440738446326-1.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440738446326-1.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>25845398
>>25845401
i keep my pokemons for the enjoyment of having them and then transferring them over to upcoming sun and moon.

making a team specific for a certain tournament would be fun for those doing them.

I mostly just do online free battle if I do decide to team battle.
by this time I have tons of perfectly bred and ev trained pokemons. tons of them to choose from. tons!
>>
>>25845350
>this is what breederfags actually think
>>
>>25845434
THERE ARE DOZENS OF US!!!
>>
>>25845442
Have you breedertards actually gave injection a try?
I am wondering if most people who breed just do it because they can't hack anything themselves.
>>
>>25845207
Realize that you most likely can't win in a constant manner with your favorites unless you find a trick that might work
Branch out and try new pokemon who you might have overlooked
despair because your favorites will never be good
>>
>>25845455
I understand injection just fine.
your being no different than /v/ on hack your ds3 topics. or how linux users react in microsoft topics.
i use linux on one of my pcs btw
>>
File: based_azumarril.png (172KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
based_azumarril.png
172KB, 400x300px
>>25845337

Would Azumarril qualify as something to build around? Because that boss ass mofo is easily my fave.

>>25845467

But what if my favorite is considered OU?
>>
>>25845503
Then you get to have fun working them into a team until they get banned like my Mawile bro
>>
>>25845503

Didn't Azumarill only become OU with the introduction of Fairy, and before that was solid UU?
>>
>>25845626
You can check on Smogon.com's strategy dex, just click the different generations at the top of the Pokemon page
>>
>>25845455
Injecting is boring my man.
>injected all the mons I was interested in
>battle on battle spot a bit with some fun teams
>stop playing
>load up the game every few days to battle again
>eventually stop playing because I got everything I wanted in 4 minutes.
>>
>>25845434
That anon is somewhat right. Bike Simulator 3000 with a Smogon/Serebii reference can teach about natures, abilities, EVs, IVs, synergy between immunities and resistances, move coverage, and overall team planning better than simply injecting a team and trying it out if you're brand new to the competitive world. Once you have the basics down, inject away with experiments.

It's like exercise- you can go straight from fatass to making your own advanced workout and learn how to do everything correctly over time, but if you start on a simpler plan you'll learn both how to do it and why it works and once you're at the level that advanced plan is intended for you can experiment more without fucking yourself up.
>>
>>25845643
Meant to say
>eventually put down the game and don't pick it up ever again
>>
>>25845503
You could totally build around Azumarill. Use a belly drum + aqua jet set, and have the rest of the team be dedicated to weakening your opponent's water resists and physical walls.
>>
>>25845659
yeah but the time taken to breed seriously slows down your ability to experiment and improve your teams as you learn. I support starting out on showdown, where you can change things as soon as you decide they aren't working, then building in-game once you have a solid team idea.
>>
>>25845503
I run a BellyJet with Play Rough and Bulldoze holding a Shell Bell. If it survives setup it does well enough, especially if you predict a switch and nail something with Bulldoze then outspeed and kill it the next turn
>>
>>25845711
Sitrus is almost definitely better than shell bell on a belly drum set, since it helps you survive the setup turn much better. Shell bell honestly just doesn't give enough recovery to be worth it. I also would probably use knock off or superpower instead of bulldoze so that fewer mons can wall you.
>>
>>25845660
>>25845643
This for real man. Nowadays i just hack shinyness if i really want it. Other than that i use breeders trash from wondertrade to breed the pokes i want. If i hacked all my mons i would hate my life
[Spoiler]i still hate my life though[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1385736960277.jpg (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1385736960277.jpg
58KB, 400x400px
>>25845350

>Injecting

Nigger, in the time it took for injecting to be a thing, everyone could've had a good majority, if not, all of the pokemon they needed/wanted to raise.

If I'm going to go out of my way to fabricate a team in minutes, I might as well be playing Showdown instead of doing something as autistic as injecting shit.

Breeding is piss easy, anyways.
>>
Shit. >>25845987
was for >>25845401
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.