[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This fucker will be released in 10 days. Did you know? Do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

File: 250px-721Volcanion.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-721Volcanion.png
58KB, 250x250px
This fucker will be released in 10 days.

Did you know? Do you care?

I seem to recall a lot more hype surrounding Genesect. Did Magearna steal its thunder?
>>
He's just nothing special. Nothing makes him stand out or people want to use him.

Also I personally think he looks stupid.
>>
>>25844390
>Did you know?
I did not. Source?
>>
I like absolutely nothing about this thing's design.
>>
>>25844416
That's all very true. He's the Keldeo of Gen 6.
>>
>>25844431
Ticket preorders in Japan start then
>>
>>25844390
He looks retarded, the only thing that seems special about it is that it is something that can always switch into scald, and scald it itself.
It's like vaporeon 2.0, only that it would be able to wall Azu, if it had good stats.
Genesect was a bit more popular because it was hinted at in the game, had a bit of a story going on, and was actually really good.
>>
>>25844431
>>25844431
http://www.serebii.net/news/2016/11-March-2016.shtml
>>
File: trash2.jpg (31KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
trash2.jpg
31KB, 352x450px
>>25844390

I literally forgot what this guy was called when I saw this thread in the catalog. Had to fucking google it to recall it.

I don't understand the point in these really forgettable legendaries that nobody is going to fucking like. They just seem like huge time wasters. Heatran, Manaphy, Phione, Keldeo, Hoopa and the awful genies spring to mind. I thought legendaries were supposed to be cool and desirable by design so people will actually want them?

Why did GF give this thing eyebrows, nipple protectors, the body shape of a large dumpling, and the gimmick of ''being able to create steam''? At least Magearna has the waifu audience going to for it. This thing just looks crap.
>>
Genesect has a great design. This thing is hideous, though it has a cool type combo.
>>
We're inundated with event Pokemon this year already, and we're dealing with Sun/Moon hype with leaks expected soon.
It's ugly and the only thing it has going for it is it is the first Pokemon to be Fire/Water.
Also the event is Japan only, and fuck that.
>>
it doesnt help hes been unreleased for like 2 years now
>>
>>25844463
>Hoopa
>forgettable
How? I can understand if you mean the shitty movie, but Hoopa is a very interesting mon in terms of concept and execution that most people like.
>>
>>25844390
They're making another Mega Man Zero?
>>
>>25844488
You fucking wish.
ZX was ok tho.
>>
>>25844490
I do wish. Shame ZX Advent was mediocre.
>>
>>25844390
I like it. It's way better than Heatran.
>>
>>25844390
Looks like a digimon.
>>
File: CoroCoroShinyGenesect.jpg (139KB, 588x900px) Image search: [Google]
CoroCoroShinyGenesect.jpg
139KB, 588x900px
>>25844464
True, plus using the shiny form helped to drive interest.
>>
>>25844501
So does Blastoise, but nobody complained about him.
>>
File: Shellmon_b.jpg (83KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Shellmon_b.jpg
83KB, 320x320px
>>25844501
Yeah, not like the good old days.
>>
File: 0001.jpg (22KB, 240x237px) Image search: [Google]
0001.jpg
22KB, 240x237px
>>25844486

>but Hoopa is a very interesting mon in terms of concept and execution that most people like.
>that most people like
>>
>>25844390
Yeah, Magearna and Zygarde kinda took it. Compared to all of the standard fare (and mega hype) we got from Diancie, and all of the parallel universe and legendary warping hype we got from Hoopa and its freaky stand powers... Volcanion seems a bit underwhelming.

They should have made it a normal legend in X and Y like Heatran, or rescheduled things to make Hoopa the final event mon. He had so much more buildup than this guy.
>>
If Gen 6 failed at anything it would probably be the three legendaries they didnt include in the game for some reason. I only have a Diancie because a friend online had an extra. Outside of that I totally forgot about these.

I feel GF really shot themselves in the foot for doing a hoenn remake instead of just going on to make Pokemon Z. They could of rounded up 6th gen with a third, probably much better game, and held off Hoenn and took a little more time perfecting it.

A lot of people think Sun and Moon will be Kalos mainly because they feel they need to tie up loose ends, but I think they are just continuing on to the next pokemon game because they cut gen 6's life span in half by making a remakes of third gen using the same assets and more.
>>
Why does the design look so shit?
>>
>>25844531
Blastoise looks like a pokemon with shell fish shoots. This thing looks like the villain from the first digimon movie.
>>
>>25844486

Yeah, I guess Hoopa is the least forgettable Pokemon on that list. After all, he's the reason Game Freak were able to shoe in so many legendaries into ORAS and fill the game with so much unnecessary fanservice. Plus he's the first Psychic and Ghost combo, which is something that should have been done way before Hoopa.
>>
>>25844569
It's a cock ring with legs.
>>
>>25844552
Yeah, pretty much. I only really see hate for it on /vp/. Just about everywhere else, I see a lot of fanart for it and its ring shenanigans- a lot more compared to previous event legends. It gets a lot more attention than most Pokemon do, and most people I know really like it.

You should get out more. Hoopa is very well received. Not to the extent of, say, Lugia or Rayquaza, but it's definitely one of the more well-liked legends. Especially the Confined form, since a lot of people like cute things.
>>
>>25844613
Mega hoopa is an excellent design. Regular hoops is fae legendary throw away garbage. It literally looks like the kind of thing a kindergartener scribbles
>>
>>25844728
I dunno man. More people tend to prefer little Hoops. I guess cause it emotes more and looks cuter. I prefer JRPG final boss Hoopa because of how strange it is, but oh well
>>
>>25844728
>mega
>>
>>25844613
Don't bother, dude. The majority of /vp/ has no idea what the majority of the fan base likes or wants, which may be part of why there are so many angry preteens spouting garbage and furries taking over on this board.
>>
>>25844779
I'm with you. M hoopla reminds me of Gilgamesh from FF. Regular hoopa is such a generic cute Mon
>>
>>25844922
>>25844728
>Mega

I don't think either of you know what that word means.
>>
File: 13762560680071.jpg (118KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
13762560680071.jpg
118KB, 300x425px
>>25844390

>I seem to recall a lot more hype surrounding Genesect. Did Magearna steal its thunder?

Volcanion never had any thunder. Almost no one gave a shit about some steam lion even before the Magearna and SM reveal.

Genesect on the other hand had a LOT more going for it. Good design, good backstory, first Bug legendary, the BW2 distribution, terrorizing OU for a month or so, alt form speculation, fighting Mewtwo, the sanic shiny etc. When its movie distribution came, a bunch of new moves were handed to it like Extreme Speed and Shift Gear. Meanwhile Volcanion isn't getting jack shit beyond its natural movepool.
>>
>>25844390
Well, the main issue I see is that unlike Diancie and Hoopa it didn't receive any special form that would make him stand out at least a little bit. Mega Diancie is not only a neat design but also a very good OU Pokemon, while Hoopa had probably the most unexpected form change of any Pokemon yet (from mischievous bottle-genie to something straight from Diablo 2) and is currently under testing for being too powerful. That made those 2 designs slightly more memorable to the general public. Volcanion, while no doubt will be a good OU Pokemon, doesn't have much going for it in comparision.
>>
>>25844390
I like him
Stop being niggers
Fire Water is cool af
>>
>>25846636
>Global rule 3: You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: racism
>>
>>25844567
Could've (could have). Not could of you maggot
>>
>>25846666
Wasted quads on a newfag
>>
File: 1386569664928.png (29KB, 590x594px) Image search: [Google]
1386569664928.png
29KB, 590x594px
>>25844390
The only, only reason I would ever give even a quarter of a fuck would if it transforms into some kind of giant mecha like Zygarde. Magearna is so much more interesting to me because it could mean alchemy might be in the Pokemon world, or the ability for anyone to make one of these themselves. It has a better design than this thing. For Christ's sake, it looks like one of those fucking Happy Meal Toys they used to sell way back when. Volcanion never had thunder, even when it was leaked, people were speculating a LOT more about what the fuck Hoopa was for.
>>
>>25846700
Oh God, ever since Golurk, I've wanted a Pokemon you can only obtain by finding several renewable items and taking it to a workshop to make your own Pokemon. If Magearna wasn't already revealed to be Mythical, I would hope it would be that Pokemon
>>
>>25846666
>what is /pol/
>what is /int/
>what is this entire site's culture

Back to tumblr
>>
>>25846723
I know, right? You go around like, hidden workshops and get blueprints, parts, then you go assemble it somewhere and you have a brand new POkemon. That kind of shit would be cool as hell. 'Carry on my legacy and finish what I couldn't'
>>
>>25846690
Tbqph the quads getting green texter is correct

I am not hype for volcano bro :^(
>>
>>25845355
how was the genesect release?

I took a break during the BW years and missed out on all of it.
>>
I am not hype per se, but I do like Volcanion. Burn Tank sounds cool.
>>
>>25846794
I only remember the DENNIS meme

We already knew it was broken due to the Dream World ladder on PO, so it didn't last much in OU
>>
>>25844463
>Heatran
>nobody is going to like
Do yourself a favor and jump into that garbage bin. Save us the effort.
>>
>>25844518
Also, it was released before Meloetta, which was unexpected
>>
File: pepe heatran.jpg (54KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
pepe heatran.jpg
54KB, 499x499px
>>25844463
>buuuh buuuh it's legendary so it's bad!!
What's with all this shameless Karenfaggotry I've been seeing on /vp/ lately? Especially hilarious with the praise pseudos receive on this board at the same time.
>>25846848
muh nigga
>>
>>25846937
>lately
Nigger it's been here for like, ever since X/Y came out

And it's not karenfaggotry, it's furfaggotry thinly veiled as the former. Threads like, "I love my Garchomp! Gar Gar ~" get posted alongside "Can we have an eeveelution thread?" and then we have both janitors and your regular fucktards falling over themselves to defend it, because it's actually the only tiny bit of board culture we have.
>>
>>25844390
Injecting in 10 days
>>
>>25844390
One of the most hideous Pokemon designs out there imo. I can live without it.
>>
>>25844390
Why did they waste such a neat typing on such a stupid design? I'm only getting it so I can keep up my completed dex. 720 and counting, baby.
>>
File: 1459529887991.jpg (28KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1459529887991.jpg
28KB, 500x411px
>>25847260
I do care, i'm actually interested in what this thing has to offer on the field.
A lot of /vp/ say they don't give a shit, but once they use it, they'll praise it for all its worth. Its the same routine.
>>
>>25844416

It seems p unique to me. First ever Fire/water pokemon, along with having a Hydro scald and water absorb. Seems pretty cool to me
>>
>>25847495

This.
>>
File: 1430386903691.jpg (30KB, 614x470px) Image search: [Google]
1430386903691.jpg
30KB, 614x470px
Its Heatran but with water.
>>
>>25847321
Had the same feelings back when they revealed Ferrothorn. I wanted a Grass/Steel Pokemon for ages and then - A FUCKING DURAIN PLANT.
>>
>>25847697
Ferrothorn is great, though.
>>
>>25844463
>Manaphy
>not liking all the rounded 600 stats mons
Pretty gay desu
>>
>>25844831
It's the opposite. The ones who are super into pokemon and hang out in other pokemon communities and look at shit like fan art and comics are usually the autistic/furries/underage. The ones who just shitpost on /vp/ tend to be the older casual players.
>>
>>25847697
I thought they were supposed to be dried Burdocks
>>
>>25846848
>>25846937

>awful frog design
>forgettable concept
>there are literally 2 volcano themed legendaries before it, each more interesting and impressive in every aspect
>covered in random clumps of shit making a very cluttered design
>the only role it's ever had in a movie is a slave to some forgettable villain

Fight me faggots. Nobody except losers actually like that piece of shit.
>>
>>25847733

>actually liking Manaphy

You have no business calling others gay
>>
This is one of those cases where the pastel colors of the XYORAS model skins hurt the design.

It looks much better with the deeper red than the light red on the model.
>>
>>25847697
this is how i feel about trevenant and gourgeist; mostly gourgiest, i really like certain elements of trevenant. phantump and pumpkaboo are cute as fuck though.
>>
>>25844390
>shiny yveltal and xerneas Japan event only several months back
>tfw Japanese passerby traded me his shiny xerneas during that time
What are the chances of me getting that lucky again?
>>
>>25847898
Mad Karenfag spotted. How does it feel that your favorite Fire shitmon will never be as strong and relevant as Heatran?
>covered in random clumps of shit making a very cluttered design
Confirmed for not actually understanding it's design. Kys
>>
>>25848073

>karenfag

I don't actually know what that is so I guess i'm in the clear.

>your favorite Fire shitmon will never be as strong and relevant as Heatran?

top kek, I'm pretty sure Victini and Mega Charizard Y are more relevant than that clumpy mess from D/P that nobody remembers.
>>
>>25844390
I just don't care about Gen 6 anymore since it's dead. Or any recent pokémon game since it will be just a boring campaign and the competitive will be fucked anyways.
>>
>>25847898
Heatran is pretty cool. The design and lore are neat, and its not in-your-face like time/space/god/whatever legends.

Plus it's got a God tier typing.
>>
>>25848159
>Mega Charizard Y
On nostalgia, sure. Victini is basically irrelevant though since it's mythical and you can't really use it anywhere. Plus it's got that generic fae mythic design.

At least Heatran is better than those two competitively. Everyone and their mother uses it, so I don't think people will forget it any time soon.
>>
Had no thunder, it was known about for ages and is ugly as sin.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.