[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Masuda actually confirme that there are starters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 18

File: pokemon-sun.jpg (11KB, 296x152px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun.jpg
11KB, 296x152px
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/714391554463432704

Here he was asked "I wonder what are the starters"

He twited "I look forward to this!"

So this is a new generation.
6.5 faggots can leave.
>>
>>25835283
Fake. Clearly photoshopped.

Source: I'm a master of photoshop and can see through this easily
>>
1. that doesn't confirm jack shit
2. the gen 6/6.5 argument still holds regardless of starters. Try learning what the argument actually is.
>>
>>25835283
>Bing translation
"Lovely, thank you! To enjoy!
RT @42Popon6: @Junichi_Masuda Masuda-San, you work out who is! new fun too, I drew. What kind of girl I'm ((o(. >Ω<. ) o))"
>>
Why would he response to someone who asks about starters and say that he looks forward to this? It's so clear.

THERE ARE NEW STARTERS THAT'S WHY
>>
>>25835298
>new STARTERS =! new Gen

Jesus fucking Christ, 6.5 retards are grasping at fucking straws.
>>
There aren't going to be new starters and the starters will just be a choice between any of the 18 current starters because these games are meant to celebrate the anniversary. Screencap this.
>>
>>25835292
You are SO stupid.It's a LINK to twitter it CAN'T be photoshoped
>>
>So this is a new generation
We've known this for weeks.
Quit bringing it up and starting arguments you fucking faggot.
>>
>>25835298
If there are starters isn't it actually a proof?
>>
>>25835358
>We've known this for weeks.

no we haven't
>>
>>25835362
No because the gen 6/6.5 argument is that it only counts as a new gen if the battle mechanics are different and break compatibility. Try paying attention.
>>
>>25835358
>We've known this for weeks
We've known this since the reveal desu
>>
File: 1459804846285.jpg (16KB, 240x280px) Image search: [Google]
1459804846285.jpg
16KB, 240x280px
Why does it fucking matter if it's gen 6.5 or 7 or 10 or whatever? It's gonna be the same watered down shit as last time, get over it.
>>
new pokemon = new gen
fuck u faggots
>>
>New Starters = New Generation

I think this is a fair, valid point considering the retarded marketing claiming the new Mega Evolutions in ORAS were "new Pokemon"
>>
>>25835345

Well that's certainly not any better than OP using Google translate to decipher Masuda's words which literally prove nothing.
>>
>>25835369
>25835369
Yes, and it's been established that that's an utterly bullshit classification.
>>
>>25835350
Go back to Tumblr faggot.
>>
Hopefully this is a clue that the starters are being revealed in the corocoro
>>
>Z version
>only 9 new Pokemon from new starters and evolutions
>still takes place in Kalos
>everything else is is still like gen 6
>new gen

>new games
>200 new Pokemon
>new mechanics
>no new starters
>same gen

this is starterfag logic. It's retarded and arbitrary as fuck.
>>
>>25835399
no it hasn't.

Gen 1 has its own set of mechanics so Gen 1 games can only battle with other Gen 1 games
Gen 2 has its own set of mechanics so Gen 2 games can only battle with other Gen 2 games
Gen 3 has its own set of mechanics so Gen 3 games can only battle with other Gen 3 games
>>
>>25835283
>I wonder what are the starters
>Masua is looking forward to this
>Reveals Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile as Sun and Moon starters.
>>
>>25835404
Can Masuda really know what Corocoro is planning to cover, before it releases? Im not really sure whos in charge at GF of giving the people at Corocoro information
>>
>>25835394
It's not google translate. He said "Otanoshimini" which has only one meaning anyway.
>>
>>25835283
Pokémon Starters.
>>
>>25835411
>>200 new Pokemon

yeah like x/y had 200 new pokem-

oh

oh wait
>>
>>25835746
This post looks like it would fit in comfortably on reddit. Just an observation.

>>25835283
It's really funny how everyone thought there would be like 70 or so new Pokemon to fill out the rest of the Kalos dex but then as soon as the S/M announcement started it became a rallying cry for a new generation, and the previous theory flew out the window.

I'm not trying to say anything in particular, other than I want Gen 6.5 v. Gen 7 fags to keep fighting until it culminates in a massive shitshow.
>>
>>25835716
Did a google bot post this or something? What do you mean "Pokémon Starters."?
>>
>SM is the only one that can get Pokémon from RBY
>somehow people doubt that this means SM won't connect with Gen 6 games
>>
File: Starter.jpg (5KB, 166x272px) Image search: [Google]
Starter.jpg
5KB, 166x272px
>>25836103
>>
>>25835384
why are you here?
>>
>>25835423
That is correct, but also:
Gen I introduced new Pokemon and a new region.
Gen II introduced new Pokemon and a new region.
Gen III introduced new Pokemon and a new region.
Etc. The argument about new Pokemon, region and/or starters is just as valid as the mechanics argument.
>>
>>25835298
The Gen 6/6.5 argument hasn't held water in weeks Anon
>>
this 6.5 meme is worse than the gen five is set in shanghaifags

probably the same people too
delusional
>>
File: New Pokémon.png (47KB, 480x388px) Image search: [Google]
New Pokémon.png
47KB, 480x388px
>>25835298
>>
File: CeoFWldWwAAtPtc.jpg (59KB, 600x888px) Image search: [Google]
CeoFWldWwAAtPtc.jpg
59KB, 600x888px
>no gen 2
>post your face when they give us the gen 2 starters
>>
>>25836194
I don't suck serebii's dick like you do
>>
>>25836172
Yes it has. Show me the proof that these games are incompatible with XY and ORAS. I'll wait.
>>
>>25836616
>THESE GAMES ARE 6.5
>But what about all this stuff that says otherwise
>FUCK YOU, YOU GIVE ME THE PROOF

Kill yourself my man
>>
>>25836616
Why can you move Pokemon from RBY VC to SM but not to XY/ORAS?
>>
>>25835369

Well they did say you have to transfer Pokémon from RGYB and XYORAS to SM through Bank. Most likely mechanics are updated if that is the case
>>
>>25836631
>>But what about all this stuff that says otherwise

What stuff that says otherwise? You still haven't posted proof that these games are incompatible with XY and ORAS.

>>25836634
Because they want people to buy SM.

Why can you move Dream Radar mons to BW2 but not BW?
>>
>>25836647
>have to

nope
>>
>>25836634
I live in hope that this is a sign they're dumping the whole IVs thing in gen 7 making IVs something you can train or just pooling them in with EVs.
I realise i'm making a mistake in hoping for things but I just can't stop myself.
>>
>>25835346
>screencap this
This prediction has become a meme at this point.
>>
>>25836667
IVs exist in gen 1. Best we can hope for is if they reduce their number to 15 like in the original games.
>>
My god, there are STILL Gen 6.5 fags? How strong can ones denial be?
>>
>>25836647
I think one possible reason that you can't transfer from RBY to XYORAS through Bank directly is because there will be abilities specific to them that will only exist in Gen 7. Each Gen has had some way of getting new abilities on older Pokemon:

>giving secondary abilities in gen IV
>giving hidden abilities in gen V
>shoving in abilities places without reason (Competitive) or changing abilities (Speed Boost Scolipede) in gen VI

Gen VII could just do something similar to VI, but it also could give new abilities to some Pokemon transferred from RBY. It would be a different way to distribute new abilities to old mons and it would explain why you can't transfer RBY to XYORAS directly. Once you get it in SM, you can only transfer it back through the Bank to XYORAS if it has an ability that existed in Gen VI. The only reason I think this at all is because it specifically says you can't transfer them "directly" on the pokemon site--not "not at all".
>>
>>25836685
That won't make them any less annoying though
>>
>>25835298
>Try learning what the argument actually is.

As far as I can tell the argument is "gen 6.5 is x, until x is disproven, at which point I'll say gen 6.5 is y, rinse and repeat until I've run out of arguments and then I'll just say it's gen 6.5 anyway because I can never be wrong about anything".
>>
>>25836697
I ask myself the same about gen 7 fags every day
>>
>>25836616

Well in the official site it says you can transfer XYORAS and RGBY mons to SM through Bank. If you were able to trade/battle, I think they wouldve included that info but they didn't so it seems like this won't be the case as far as we know.

Plus what the fuck does "6.5" mean? If you think it's "6.5" isn't it still considered Gen 6 all together?

>muh split PokeDex
New starters+new region= new gen

Always has been.
>b-but they might break the pattern
They most likely won't. They said they'll do something unexpected or different whatever but didn't say exactly what. For all we know, they're following the patterns and adding a feature that we never seen before
>>
>>25836653
But the thing is the 3DS uses Pokemon Bank for these transfers. XY and ORAS are compatible with it so why can't you transfer the Pokemon? BW can't even connect with the Dream Radar so it's pretty obvious you can't use it.
>>
>>25836708
Nice "NOU" retort. Gen 7 is getting more evidence everyday while Gen 6.5 fags cling to their pitiful game theory and are now denying proof that SM is incompatible with ORASXY because they are backed into a corner
>>
>>25835298
the gen 6.5 argument doesn't even hold without starters
>>
>>25836704
No. The argument is just that it's still gen 6 if it can battle with XY and ORAS. And by extension the battle mechanics have to be the same. That's it. You gen 7 fags keep pretending there's goalpost moving when there really isn't, and you're just mad that you can't actually disprove gen 6 fags.

Hint: There's a REASON some people are calling it "gen 6.5" instead of just gen 6. If people weren't expecting new Pokemon and a new region they would just be calling it gen 6. New pokemon confirmations change nothing with the argument.
>>
>>25836708

Gen 7 is more likely than a Gen "6.5".

The Direct made it seem like this was the next new adventure. Everytime the next gen was announced, they did a little history countdown just like this past Direct, regardless of whether it's the anniversary or not.
>>
>>25836731
You do realize that SM being compatible with ORASXY has been disproven right?
>>
New starters=new generation.

Now way there is new starters in Kalos again. No way.
>>
>>25836076
>until it culminates in a massive shitshow.
>implying anything anyone says on this board carries any weight

What kind of shitshow are you hoping for? Nothing will ever get past autists arguing with words and posting photoshops.
>>
Gen 6.5 fags are just Z fags that haven't moved on yet
>>
>>25836711
> If you were able to trade/battle, I think they wouldve included that info

Nice bias. They aren't obligated to cover this information on day 1. They're talking about bank. Why would they suddenly go on to talk about regular trading?

Different battle compatibility and mechanics has always been new gen.

>>25836717
Because gen 1 Pokemon have a gen 1 file format and XY/ORAS don't have the software to convert it into a gen 6 .pkm file. Fun fact: the bank website says you can't DIRECTLY send RBY Pokemon to XY/ORAS. I wonder why they would use the "directly" modifier if there weren't an indirect way such as trading. It's almost as if only SM has this gen 1 to gen 6 conversion software because they want people to buy SM and they don't want to heavily patch Bank.

>>25836727
Starters have nothing to do with battle mechanics. So no.
>>
>>25836740
Except it hasn't. I keep asking for proof yet no one is actually posting any. It's hilarious.
>>
>>25836721
>Gen 7 is getting more evidence everyday

What evidence? There is just as much information about compatibility/mechanics now as there has been from day 1. Nothing had changed.
>>
>>25836761
>two sets of new starters in one generation
How would you be OK with that? I'm gonna just call it Gen 7 to avoid awkwardness if there are new starters. There's really no reason to call it Gen 6 at that point. Why overcomplicate something for no reason?
>>
>>25836763
The Pokemon site itself says that you need a special Bank feature to transfer Pokemon from RBY and ORASXY to SM because you can't trade them up, disproving compatibility.
>>
>>25836763

Same can be said about you. There is no proof of what this game is.
>>
>>25836685
Yeah but if you dump IVs all together then gen 1 and gen 3+ pokemon will be basically the same.
I just hate that pokemon to me has become a game of thorough breeding and eugenics and i can't grow attached to any pokemon i train while playing through the game normally because they are most likely an inferior specimen that i'll have to dump for one that has a better pedigree.
Eugenics just makes me sad.
>>
>>25836778
See >>25836780
Also
>New Pokemon confirmed
>New Region confirmed
>New names for the new games
>They did a gen history recap during the announcement like they always do for new Gens
>Three years
>Now confirmed Starters
>Transer system confirms no compatibility

vs.

>Unused moves that could be released in events
>Zygarde forms that could be released next gen
>Extra pentagon slots reminiscent of extra data slots found in all games ever made ever
>>
>>25836792
It'd be nice if they adopted something closer to Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (and maybe other Digimon games that I've never played) where every Pokemon of a species would have the same potential stats. I know GF loves that every Pokemon is different, but no one else cares.
>>
>>25836780
see
>>25836761
>>25836663

>>25836779
There are already two sets of starters in gen 6. Kalos starters and Hoenn starters. Adding an extra set changes fucking nothing. If you don't want confusion just refer to them by region instead of generation like I'm doing right now.

And wouldn't it ALSO be confusing to name it as a separate gen even if it has the same mechanics as XY and can battle with XY? That makes no sense. Every gen distinctly has the property that only games within the same generation can battle each other.
>>
>>25836731
Can't be same as gen 6 like it wasn't the same in gen 4/5 on the DS.
>>
>>25836794
None of your top points disprove gen 6 fags except the last one, IF IT WERE ACTUALLY TRUE
>>
>>25836802
They literally said the same transfer system used to move RBY pokemon will be used for ORASXY, the same, one way, cross gen system you retard
>>
>>25836809
Can be the same as gen 6 if BW2 were the same as gen 5 and HGSS were the same as gen 4.
>>
>>25836810
You can't be serious, you actually cannot be serious. Each on of those points ALONE disproves this is still gen 6, and the last one is true, anyone not in denial can see that
>>
>>25836812
>will be

Can be
>>
>>25836819
BW2 didn't have new pokemon. S/M has new pokemon and new region.
>>
>>25836802

The difference is that ORAS is a remake tho and came after XY which defined the next gen. The same shit was with HGSS with DPPt, FRLG with RSE. There has never been two NEW games in the same gen.

>same mechanics as XY
>can battle with XY

No proof of this anywhere.
>>
>>25836802
I said two sets of NEW starters specifically because I knew you'd pull that up, and somehow you still did. Literally no one in the world considers Bulbsaur, Charmander, and Squirtle Gen 3 starters; same for Chik/Cyn/Toto in Gen 4 and now Mud/Torch/Treek in Gen 6. They are Gen 3 starters even though they appear in Gen 6. They were introduced in Gen 3.

What I was very clearly saying before was that two NEW sets of starters in one generation would be really awkward. Why not just think of the word "generation" in its literal definition and refer to this (potential) new set of starters and the Pokemon that are introduced with them as a new generation? It just makes sense.
>>
>>25836822
>Each on of those points ALONE disproves this is still gen 6,

None of them have anything to do with mechanics and battle compatibility. Except the last one, which isn't true.
>>
>>25836830
>What I was very clearly saying before was that two NEW sets of starters in one generation would be really awkward

And what I'm saying is that two games that are mechanically the fucking same would be awkward listed as separate generations. Yet somehow this is less important than "b-but muh starter pattern" to you. Starterfags will never cease to amaze me.

>>25836828
BW2 is a new game last I checked.
>>
>>25836831

Why are you so sure that the mechanics will remain the same?

This is a brand new game, everyone and their moms know GF will update a lot of shit. Would make no sense to keep the same shit just different models.
>>
>>25836831
If it's got new pokemon battle compatibility is out.
They didn't even patch in new megas to X and Y, they sure as hell aint adding new pokemon
>>
>>25836825
Game companies don't waste money, time a resources making a feature that's functionally is made moot by something else. They wouldn't make a one way, cross gen transfer system for ORASXY unless regular, same gen means don't work, you idjet.
>>25836831
Ok, seriously, enough with this compatibility and battle mechanics bullshit. New Pokemon, New region, and New Name have exactly the same proof that they call a new gen as compatibility, the only reason you Gen 6.5 fags clung to that is because it's the only thing that didn't get blown away the second the announced Sun and Moon, but now you have lost that and have nothing left to fall back on, and now must deny HARD EVIDENCE to keep your stance.
>>
>>25836846
The fact is that you consider mechanics to be THE defining characteristic of a generation, and I consider it to be new sets of Pokemon. There's no official anything saying one or the other is right, so I'll just keep going with mine and you keep going with yours. It'll ultimately be decided by which is more popular and how fan sites refer to it. Likely, if there are new starters and it's a new region, many people and most sites will refer to it as a new gen. That's it.
>>
>>25836846

>BW2 is a new game last time I checked

Not really, its a sequel. You're still in Unova, you have the same starters, there are no new Pokemon. BW and BW2 can trade and battle with one another. Before you say BW Kyurem, you can battle Kyurem's forms with BW.

In SM, it's clear that it will be a brand new region, there's no indication of it being a remake or a sequel. Use your fucking head
>>
>Sun and Moon contain different mechanics from XYORAS
>SM cant trade/battle with XYORAS
>SM doesn't take place in Southern Kalos
>100+ new Pokemon
>Gen 6.5 fags will still argue that it's gen 6.5
>>
>>25835384
you must be fun at parties
>>
I assumed the generations refered to the pokemon not the games themselves?

Gen 1 was the first generation of pokemon
This new generation will be the 7th generation of pokemon
>>
>>25836976
When someone asks hey i havent seen that pokemon, what gen is it from?
Oh its from the 6th and a half generation
Thats just dumb
>>
File: 7gen.jpg (155KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
7gen.jpg
155KB, 1440x810px
Deal with it 6.5 faggots
>>
>>25836941

Nobody invited you to this party.
>>
File: 1458159981258.jpg (95KB, 662x729px) Image search: [Google]
1458159981258.jpg
95KB, 662x729px
>>25836697
You do realize that the vast majority of them are likely just shitposters doing it for a giggle at the expense of others, right?

No? Okay, go ahead and continue to fall for their trap card!
>>
>>25837002
I thought gen 7 fags were trolling
>>
>>25835292
can confirm, my dad works at photoshop
>>
>>25837009
I thought gen 3 fags were kidding when they started coming out of the woodworks in ~2012ish
>>
File: 1308822792100.png (94KB, 300x306px) Image search: [Google]
1308822792100.png
94KB, 300x306px
>>25837009
We're all trolls around here, baby. It's the very lifeblood of this board.
>>
>>25837002
Fuck off Sean, leave, completely.
>>
>>25837002
Do not underestimate the retardation of vp
>>
>>25835298
I actually don't get it. Are all these 6.5fags only trolls or are they just stupid?
>>
>>25836207
also no gen 6
w-wait...
>no 2
>no 6

GENERATION 6.2 CONFIRMED
>>
>>25836653
Proof has been posted over and over in every fucking thread on this topic. You just ignore it because you're too deep in the hole and cannot admit you are wrong.
>>
This is relevant to this thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytGOeiW0aE
>>
>>25836731
>gen 7 fags keep moving the goalposts
No, the point has always been clear.
New Pokemon (including starters) + new region = new gen.

YOU are the one constantly moving goalposts. First you say it must be mechanics + compatibility.

Then your mechanics point has been disproven by basically every game in existence, so you dropped that and say it's compatibility only.

Then it's pointed out Gen 1&2 had compatibility so you move again and say it must be FULL compatibility.

Then it's pointed out that XY&ORAS don't have full compatibility so you try to move again with some bullshit definition, but you've backed yourself into a corner.

Give it up. You've already lost.
>>
>>25836616
How about you try proving that there won't be different mechanics? Oh, you can't? What a fucking shock.

Gen 7 by our definition has already met the burden of proof and it is piling up. You can't even disprove gen 7 by your own definition until the games launch - and by then it will be too late.
>>
>>25835283
Wait, so... gen 6 is considered shit, and gen 2 is questionable whether it should be a separate gen, so... 6-2=4 OMFG WARCRAFT FOUR CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
>>
>>25836846
>thinking mechanics are what people use to define a generation and not a new pokedex including starters, a new region, prof etc
Jesus im starting to get a grasp on these 6.5 retards arguments at least
>>
>>25837012
deserterfag, pls
>>
>>25836600
you suck 6.5 believers dicks.
>>
How is the generation thing still an argument? They can't be fucked with Kalos now. And to be fair X/Y were already polished enough.
>>
>>25837050
pretty sure it started out as just trolling and shitposting but then they started to believe there own bullshit, then other spastics got convinced. So probably half trolls half stupid
>>
>>
Gen6.5 fags will never ever give up
>>
>>25836135
Which objectively holds more ground, anon? The fact that every generation has introduced new mons? Or the fact that every separate generation has a new set of battle mechanics?
>>
>>25835283
お楽しみに means "Please look forward to (the games)", you chucklefuck. It's a ridiculously common stock phrase in marketing.
>>
>>25836731
Gen 2 could battle and trade with Gen 1
>>
Are gen 6.3 faggots just angry that they still cant buy x or y incase z comes out?
>>
File: autistic 6.5fags.jpg (127KB, 1117x548px) Image search: [Google]
autistic 6.5fags.jpg
127KB, 1117x548px
>>25835298
>new region with new mons and new starters
>still gen 6 though guise, muh thousand!
>>
>>25835411
neither of these will ever happen, dumbshit
>>
I'm by no means a 6.5fag, but that quote doesn't confirm anything.
>>
>>25835283
I'm glad this thread was created. This way, the autistic faggots that are polluting the shithole that is /vp/ can be stuck in this retarded thread all at once. Good riddance, we should have one of these daily.
>>
Masuda is not a reliable source. Everything he says is to be ignored.
>>
>>25836872
But what abo-
>Before you say BW Kyurem
MOTHERFUCKER!?

And yeah, i hope gen 6.5 shut their traps in the meantime.
>>
>>25837644
It's mistranslated as fuck too, but it's not like that matters.
>>
>>25835283
>>25835298
If there are no starters, it's 100% 6.5
But if there are starters, it doesnt mean 100% it's Gen 7
>>
>>25836616
So 2 is actually 1.5, and Gen 4 and 5 are 3.5?
>>
New starters doesn't mean new generation
>>
>>25835283
he confirmed only 10 new pokemon
that's basically gen 6.5 no matter starters
>>
This is why MEGAS ARE SHIT

You know why there are only 10 new pokemon
Gamefreak made about 50 new megas
>>
>>25837745
How come? Starters actually confirm the 7th generation. There is 0% of having starters and not gen.
>>
>>25838214
It's their shitty argument that a new gen is defined by compatibility not Pokemon. But their definition doesn't even work for existing generations so just ignore them.
>>
What is everyone talking about? Nowhere in the tweet does it mention someone asking him about the starters
>>
>>25837908
And why is that?
New starters have so far been featured in all new generation games so it's a fair point to say they mean a new generation.
>>
>>25838115
>>25838122
Over 10, dipshit. That could easily mean anything from 11 to over 100, we literally don't know.
>>
The question is why would he specifically say 10?
>>
>>25838122
Masuda said there would be at least 10 new ones, actually. It was a joking response as if he was like "We're actually going to have Pokemon in here".
>>
>>25838250
OP Google Translated it and everyone are being retarded.
>>
File: 1457486173110.jpg (55KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
1457486173110.jpg
55KB, 680x544px
>10 new Pokemon or so
>New gen
Are you people seriously trying to act retarded?
>>
>>25835283
BREAKING NEWS: POKEMON GAME WILL HAVE STARTERS

STAY TUNED AS WE FURTHER ASK MASUDA WHETHER SUN AND MOON WILL HAVE LEGENDARY POKEMON TOO
>>
>>25835364

If you're a retard I suppose
>>
>>25836985

>gen 6.5fags ignore this
>>
>>25838290
>Taking too literal that phrase
Found the retard.
>>
>>25838415
It's too late now. It is confirmed. This fandom has no brains. No mind of their own. You are now no better than an inanimate object.
>>
>>25836941
Yeah because tedious nerds arguing about numbers is what really get a party going.
>>
>>25836872
>you can battle Kyurem's forms with BW.
No you can't.
The form doesn't retain the stat ups when battling.
The only forme changes that did that were Deoxys, Giratina and Rotom.
>>
File: kitkat.jpg (32KB, 400x437px) Image search: [Google]
kitkat.jpg
32KB, 400x437px
XY only had 71 new pokemon.

I hereby propose that XYORAS is, in fact, gen 5.5, and Sun/Moon will be gen 6.
>>
>>25836761
Since when are MECHANICS the only thing that differentiates generations?

That's fucking retarded as hell. You're making up rules because you're backed into a corner.

New pokemon = New generation.

That's how it's always been. Just admit you're wrong.
>>
>>25837012
Realtalk, no one here was in dire need of hoenn again and the only reason it became a meme was because of patternfags getting it wrong. Twice.
>>
>gen 7 fags trying this hard
>>
>>25835283
The fact that he's bringing it up like this makes me think they are reusing starters.
>>
>>25835369
guess Gen 2 was Gen 1.5 all along!
>>
>>25838524
>implying Sun and Moon won't be gen 5.75
>>
>>25838290
With "more than ten" he was stating the obvious since with nine Pokemon (starters plus evolutions) and Magaerna we already reach the number of ten.
From this, the "more than ten" joke.
>>
>>25838277
see >>25838608
>>
>>25838612
That would imply there are no other legends and there's only event pokemon.
>>
>>25839011
No, imho it implies that these ten are the obvious mons, not the only new mons in SM
>>
>>25839172
Then box legends are no longer a thing? That hasn't happened since the first gen.
>>
>>25836653
Because Therian Formes don't exist in BW
>>
>>25839613
Let's consider this for a second.
You are correct.
Here's a thing which is a combination of both the "they want people to buy the next games" and "These mons didn't exist in the previous games" which came to existence this generation:
OR/AS megas aren't in X/Y.
>>
>>25838531
>Since when are MECHANICS the only thing that differentiates generations?

Since always.
>>
>>25839790
Show me something from before the reveal of people saying that. I dare you.
>>
>>25838531
>>25839790
By the way, battle mechanics. If you're gonna argue "but muh soaring" and things of such caliber, then don't.
>>
>>25836872
>Not really, its a sequel

Which is still a new game. It doesn't matter if it's a remake or not. If it has the same mechanics and can battle with XYORAS it's the same gen. Gen 3 was the first time they had multiple regions mid gen. BW2 is the the first time they had sequels mid gen. Patterns change.
>>
File: 1443765985906.gif (955KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1443765985906.gif
955KB, 360x360px
>>25835298
There were never new gens.
This "gen" will merely be patch 1.7.
>>
>>25837805
Since when can gen 2 battle with gen 1?

Since when can gen 5 battle with gen 4?

>>25837524
No it couldn't.
>>
>>25839835
if it were going off of patches, it would be patch 1.6.5, you addle-brained twit
>>
>>25836889
>>Sun and Moon contain different mechanics from XYORAS
>>SM cant trade/battle with XYORAS

No proof of these

>>25836859
>hurr ORAS working with Bank to transfer mons from XY must mean ORAS can't trade to XY

>>25836858
Exactly. They didn't patch new megas in XY yet it could still battle with ORAS. Who says SM isn't the same with new Pokemon?

>>25836856
Zygarde moves, souvenir, and pentagon slots.
>>
>>25839835
>>25839859
Fuck off.
>>
>>25839813
So what new battle mechanics were in gen 5 that prevented compatibility? And why isn't ORAS gen 7 since it doesn't have full compatibility?

You keep arguing this point but you've yet to provide any answer that works 100% for every gen.
>>
>>25839881
>Zygarde moves, souvenir, and pentagon slots.
The only thing we can link with battle mechanics are the slots and yet still, that's not really something we can rely on.
There's no indication as of yet that it will be gen 6. There's more indications that it will be gen 7, but there's the reasons to doubt that.
>>25839897
Move changes and various other small things.
I know of at least that Wish got a buff. There were other moves and abilities that got drastic changes like that. Sturdy is an example.
>>
>>25839840
I'm telling you right now that you wont be able to battle XY users with Sun & Moon. Why would they patch in new Megas and mons when they didnt during OR/AS?
>>
>>25839897
>So what new battle mechanics were in gen 5 that prevented compatibility

Sleep counters
Team preview everywhere
Rotom's type changes
Move/ability chanes everywhere

Gen 5 doesn't have OBVIOUS multiplayer mechanic changes, but they're still there.
>>
>>25839920
X/Y and OR/AS could battle with eachother for one reason, but had a criteria.
The reason? Same battle mechanics.
The criteria? Nothing that was introduced in OR/AS. Megas, Primals, forms and moves.
>>
>>25839920
And yet ORAS could still battle with XY without getting patched.
>>
>>25839943
The criteria, by that I mean, none of those were allowed. If that was a confusion, woops.
>>
File: 1440955305887.png (145KB, 359x599px) Image search: [Google]
1440955305887.png
145KB, 359x599px
>>25837476
Definitely the fact that every generation has introduced new Pokemon.
Why would a franchise about Pokemon's generations be determined by something as arbitrary as game mechanics, which can change halfway through a gen (see new Megas)?
The catchphrase is, "Gotta catch 'em all" not "Gotta master these new game mechanics that we've been hyping up and featuring in our talk show, sneakpreviewed in our anime and movies, and explicitly teased via shillouttes in our trailers and Nintendo directs...oh wait..."
>>
>>25839943 >>25839950
>>25839946
The criteria was that you couldnt use one of the new 20ish Megas/forms introduced, yes.
Now let's add new mons, about 50 absolute minimum and megas, let's say 10 because they hinted at toning it down with the megas a bit. That'd be 80 mons you wont be able to use in X/Y and 60 you cant use in OR/AS. What's even the point argueing with you since you will see in about a week when we get corocoro leaks and probably some sort of gameplay trailer?
>>
File: 1452147842429.png (213KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1452147842429.png
213KB, 500x400px
>>25839816
>patterns change
>So it's going to change in the specific way that I say it will despite not having any solid evidence
>>
>>25839988
Doesn't matter how many new mons, really. You could say "what if 150 or something new mons", though that's a bit too outside the box. I'm expecting around ~70 mons anyway.
It financially interests them to patching the older games, but it hurts them to make them not allowed to battle at all because it introduced a good amount of new mons, while having the same battle mechanics.
It hurts interest in the games, quite a lot. The multiplayer aspect is a big part of the games these days.
>>
>>25835283
This doesnt confirm anything.
Gen 6.5 is happening faggots.
>>
>>25839987
>which can change halfway through a gen (see new Megas)?

New megas aren't new mechanics the same way new Pokemon aren't new mechanics. That's the whole point.

Generations built my GAMES should be determined by GAME MECHANICS. A Platinum or Emerald version that introduced one new Pokemon wouldn't count as a new generation except to the most delusional.
>>
>>25840065
Please don't
>>
>>25840069
Thank you.
Just adding something
Mega evolution is the mechanic, not the mega mons themselves, outside of the stats, but that's part of the evolution mechanic.
Primals, by the way, are just megas coded a different way.
>>
>>25835283
i have low as fuck expectations for these after gen 6.
>>
>>25840116
Why would you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGTSGiZfIhU
>>
>>25840126
because gen 6 was shit
>>
>>25840138
Well, true.
Its lore, though, anon
FOR FUCKS SAKE, ITS LORE >>25839664
>>
The thing about Sun and Moon is that this means Game Freak is currently planning the release of four Pokemon games. It seems a little odd for them to already have starters when it's apparent there's a lot of focus on Pokemon Go.
>>
This is my opinion. I don't play Pokemon anymore. Hell, I'm just an outsider here:

The fact that Greninja exist as a new "mascot" is proof enough that this is just 6.5. Gamefreak wouldn't hype Greninja as the new Lucario and then just forget about him.

Maybe it will have new Pokemon, but the Gen 6 Pokemon like Zygarde, Hoopla, and Greninja will still be there.
>>
>>25840167
You say you don't play Pokemon anymore.
It needs deeper shit than that to prove S/M has chance of being 6th gen games.
>>
>>25840069
That's the thing though, they have never added a new Pokemon in a third game or remake.
But they have added new mechanics. See examples such as the Dex Nav and Primals.
Why don't you want a new generation? What compatible games would have new and different Pokemon? Do you realize that GameFreak will not patch X/Y or OR/AS? There are "at least 10" new Pokemon - two of which we have already seen. Tell me, do you honestly think that they are going to put those Pokemon in an X/Y third game and keep trading and battling compatible?
>>
>>25840202
>Dexnav
Not related to battle mechanics.
>Primals
See >>25840108
>>
>>25840202
>But they have added new mechanics
We're talking about multiplayer mechanics. Single player only mechanics don't matter because they don't affect battling.

>What compatible games would have new and different Pokemon?
What compatible games would have new and different megas, abilities, and moves?

Oh wait...ORAS happened.

>Why don't you want a new generation?
Actually, I do want a new generation because it would mean more new features and possibly shit like IVs removed. But I don't think this a new generation.

>Tell me, do you honestly think that they are going to put those Pokemon in an X/Y
Of course not. But they don't need to be patched to be compatible the same way XY didn't need to be patched to still battle with ORAS.
>>
>>25839912
>>25839935
Platinum has move changes (Hynosis accuracy is one example), HGSS too I think. And ORAS has new moves & abilities.

No reason BW couldn't have had compatibility for old Pokemon & old moves, besides the fact that GF simply don't want to support old games.

The fact is, compatibility is a CONSEQUENCE of a new generation (adding lots of new Pokemon and moves), not a reason for a new gen.
>>
New starters and new region (which already confirmed) = new mechanics and new generation

Simple.
>>
>>25840211
>>25840223
So not only do you get to decide what mechanics count and what don't, but you also get to decide what defines a generation?
>>
>>25840167
So Gen 5 was actually Gen 4.5 because Lucario acted like the new "mascot" back then too?
>>
Haven't you been listening to the Gen 6.5 arguments. Even if there are new starters, a new region, new pokemon, official gamefreak confirmation that it's a new generation, no backwards trading, no hexagon, or literally anything it can't be gen 7
>>
>>25840224
>Platinum has move changes
This, Platinum had battle mechanic changes that fixed several moves from Diamond and Pearl yet could still battle with them.
>>
>>25840224
>No reason BW couldn't have had compatibility for old Pokemon & old moves

>>25840240
Because we're talking about compatibility. No one is going to count Yellow as a new gen just because it has a walking Pikachu. But people will count Gold as a new gen because it has new stats and types. Which are new battle mechanics.

And yes this defines a generation. Gen 1 can only battle with Gen 1 games due to mechanics, Gen 2 can only battle with Gen 2 games due to mechanics, Gen 3 can only battle with Gen 3 games due to mechanics, and so on. You can't deny that each generation has this distinction.

>>25840224
>And ORAS has new moves & abilities.
These aren't new mechanics.

>No reason BW couldn't have had compatibility for old Pokemon & old moves
Because it changed too much. One move effect is one thing. But a whole shit ton of moves, abilities, ??? type being removed, status mechanic changes, and Pokemon type changes are a whole other thing.
>>
>>25840224
>>25840297
Significant changes.
The reason you can do minor things like that is because the newer games were coded to "compensate" or whatever, change back the moves to the older games on the fly to be able to battle with them. If they changed, for example, Wish or Sturdy mechanics in S/M, then I wouldn't be in doubt.
As for moves and abilities, they themselves and their inclusion are not mechanics. They were banned when battling with X/Y, anyway. Goes all things introduced in OR/AS.
>>25840240
The battle mechanics are what count. They've always been consistent in the same generation.
Mechanics, such as Dexnav, have always been introduced and left out mid-gen.
>>
>>25840069
Primals are a new mechanic though. Sure they function similarly to normal megas but you can't use multiple mega evolutions in one battle unlike primal reversion.

Primal reversion is also used automatically unlike megas.
>>
>>25840251
Read again what I wrote. Just like Lucario was forced into every game, so will some of the Gen 6 Pokemon if this is a new region

Gamefreak wouldn't put Greninja in Smash Bros and also make him Ash's new favorite for no reason
>>
>>25840330
>Primals are a new mechanic though

Nope. They're just more forme changes. They don't affect the core of how the game works.
>>
>>25840298
>You can't deny that each generation has this distinction.
No, I cannot. This is true.
That being said, the new mechanics are a consequence of a Generation. And TPCi and Nintendo have always teased new Generations through new Pokemon. Correct me if I'm wrong but they have never done the later. The first piece of news about a new generation has never been a new mechanic but has rather been a new Pokemon.
Why would the define new generations by mechanics and not new Pokemon. What would be the reasoning behind that?
And tell me, can a copy of Pokemon Green Version battle and trade with Pokemon Yellow Version?
>>
>>25840330
See >>25840108
Primals are literally Megas in disguise.
As I said, they were banned from battling with X/Y anyway, because they didn't have such code and weren't patched to.
>>
>>25840323
But what if it gets to the point that GF feels that no more battle mechanics need tweaking. That no more changes need to be made. That it's finally fine where it stands, but keeps adding new pokemon, region, and story. Just because the battle mechanics never change will we perpetually be locked in the same gen by your standards?
>>
>>25840342
>They're just more forme changes

By that logic megas aren't a new mechanic dipshit. And yes, they do affect the gameplay by breaking the once per battle mega limitation.
>>
>>25840331
Not him but GameFreak had nothing to do with either of those things.
Sakurai wanted a new Pokemon in Smash and so he asked TPCi for a new Gen 6 Pokemon and got Greninja very early into X/Y's development. He stated that he got a few moves from them as well and then just made up the rest of Greninja's play style. Thus why it has no Protean mechanic or moves like Ice Beam or U-turn.

And again, GameFreak only makes the games. The Pokemon Company incorperated is the Pokemon Company. They own Pokemon and thus decide marketing strategies and ok things Ash Greninja and notch eared Pichu.
>>
>>25840343
>Why would the define new generations by mechanics and not new Pokemon

Because mechanics define what the games as a whole are like while Pokemon are just small additions.

Like I said, no one would call Platinum or Emerald new gens if they had 1 new Pokemon because EVERYTHING ELSE about it makes it a gen 3 or 4 game.
>>
>>25840343
>The new mechanics are a consequence of a Generation.
This is more or less true. I would make the point that people make games over gameplay/mechanical ideas they have, but all up for interpretation.
>TPCi and Nintendo have always teased new Generations through new Pokemon.
>Correct me if I'm wrong but they have never done the later.
First off, latter*, second, you mean the former.
That said, the point of Pokémon means the Pokémon themselves, right? It has huge marketing value and due to who it is marketed to, I don't believe mechanical changes have huge priority here at the earliest stages, unless it's something absolutely major like megas. Megas weren't announced before a while, though.
>>25840342
>>25840377
They're re-coded megas. They behave like megas, but with obvious forced evolution. It has to have a different index than megas, however. One reason for new indexes are to allow them to not interfere with the one-per-battle mega evolution limit.
Second reason is to not interfere with another.
It's basically the only conclusion we're able to draw from what we see within the code.
>>
>>25835423
You see the problem with this logic is that we have this cool thing called technology, which has advanced a ton pretty constantly every year since pokemons release. So say they make the games compatible through a patch, is it the gen 6.5 patch?
Also >>25836135
>>
>>25840380
>Gamefreak only makes the games

Let's be honest, if Gamefreak suddenly announced they would stop making them, the games would probably quickly turn to shit

It's not like The Pokemon Company completely ignores their gaming developer. I don't even think TPC could operate without Gamefreak making the games. It just wouldn't be the same
>>
>>25840377
>And yes, they do affect the gameplay by breaking the once per battle mega limitation

Yeah because they're not the same as megas. But they're still just forme changes at the end of the day. No one counts Giratina's forme changing as a new mechanic. Because it's just that, forme changing. It's nothing new. Just like new Pokemon.
>>
>>25840368
Forgot to reply to this.
Yes, this brings an interesting question.
However, I personally think it's way too far to say that.
They have brainstormers up there, I am goddamn certain of that, they'll always think of some new mechanic or mechanical change.
>>
>>25840399
It's also why HG/SS is gen 4, not gen 2.
>>
>>25840399
>Pokemon are just small additions.
Pokemon are just small additions to Pokemon games. Am I reading that right?
I think you have it reversed friend. Pokemon define Pokemon while mechanics are the means for playing with Pokemon.

And you didn't answer my question. Are the international Games Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow version compatible with the original Pokemon Red and Green versions? And if not, are they not, therefore, different generations?
>>
>>25840525
See >>25840409
>>
>>25840546
I agree with him.
I want to here from gen 6.5er
>>
Does GF or Nintendo ever refer to the games as specific generations? Will they ever say Gen 6 or Gen 7 in regards to SM anyway? If not, then most likely it'll be decided by fan sites. If they all call it Gen 7, then people will go with that. If they all call it Gen 6, people will go with that. Your personal opinions on what makes a gen don't really matter. However, if there are new starters and a new region and all the usual things that come with a brand-new main-series game, then the most likely thing is that fan sites will refer to it as Gen 7, regardless of battle compatibility.
>>
>>25840572
Eh, but I'm for S/M being gen 6.
I have the same argument as the one you were quoting.
>>
>>25840420
Forme changes like stance change, forecast, flower gift, zen mode and megas are battle mechanics though.
>>
>>25840615
You're correct.
None of these were mid-gen though, right?
>>
>>25840605
So you also believe that new Pokemon are "small additions" to Pokemon games and that a few very specific mechanics are what define generations?
>>
>>25840626
They don't define the generation as much as mechanics have done.
I see where you're coming from now and you have reason to believe that, but it's what's more impactful in my opinion.
New Pokémon are definitively a sign of a new generation and have always been. However, I don't think there would ever be a generation that wouldn't introduce new Pokémon at all, you understand?
As said earlier, there could be a day where the mechanics argument will seize to exist because Game Freak thinks it's balanced enough and won't risk adding new mechanics. That is a bit too far ahead in time, I feel. I can understand the argument, but I don't think we're gonna see a new generation without mechanical changes until that time where they do run out or close the series. New Pokémon are a given, regardless.
>>
>>25840399
>Like I said, no one would call Platinum or Emerald new gens if they had 1 new Pokemon
No, because the games are not in a new region and don't have new starters.
>>
Your starter is the single cell of zygarde. Collect cells, progress. By the time your at elite 4, 50%. Post game stop xerneas and yyvetal at 100%
>>
>>25840700
It's a pattern, sure. You can believe that, but I think I've already explained myself here.
>>25840706
Make your own thread if you really want to spread guessing misinformation like that.
>>
>>25840681
I find your opinion very strange.
Do you think GameFreak and The Pokemon Company share that same opinion with you?
Why do you hold mechanics in such high esteem?
Do you dislike or choose to ignore the other Pokemon media?
>>
>>25840717
Do you understand the irony of the post you just made? The series is called Pokemon, not, Game Mechanics and, oh yeah, Specific Game Mechanics that I and I alone define.
>>
>>25840681
>Pokemon don't define the generation as much as mechanics have done.
That's just plain wrong. Every Pokemon so far is clearly separated into a particular generation.

As we've already discussed in this thread, mechanics can be vague and there is no clear definition of what makes a mechanic compatible or incompatible between games.

The only things that are 100% clear between gens are new Pokemon (new dex entries), plus a new region for the first games of a gen.
>>
>>25840789
The only other man with some sense in the thread. Thank you.
>>
>>25840733
I know the difference between what a facade is from the rest.
There are obvious things that are meant to be "hidden away", can't really say what, where or when without going too much in detail.
I don't know what's going on internally, but it's kinda obvious what exactly the facade here is and that it's highly oriented towards children.
There are at least two prominent markets here. It's the ones who care about battling and are mostly for that, then there's the ones who care about the other parts as capturing, trading, exploring and such and are more about that.
The casual appeal is huge and it's been apparent with their marketing strategies that they are focusing on the more casual aspect.
The competitive guys don't always care about what Pokémon they use are in terms of design, capturing them and such unlike the casual part.
It's a lot of why I think this way.
>>25840742
See >>25840409
>>25840789
>>Pokemon don't define the generation as much as mechanics have done.
>That's just plain wrong. Every Pokemon so far is clearly separated into a particular generation.
What I said there was in context of what S/M is doing; adding new mons. Excuse me for not clarifying that.
>mechanics can be vague and there is no clear definition of what makes a mechanic compatible or incompatible between games
You could say that in terms of what's been recently happening with patches and such, but you can't with older games.

I think that'll be all for me today. It brought me some new insight into what people think and what your reasonings are, which why thank you. I'm gonna get sleep, catch you later.
>>
File: gary signal.jpg (332KB, 419x610px) Image search: [Google]
gary signal.jpg
332KB, 419x610px
>>25837010
kek
>>
>>25840868
This guy has autism
Can someone please make a collage of his posts for the inevitable 6.5 BTFO threads
>>
"Full compatibility"
I fucking hate gen 6.5 fags.
Oras doesn't have full compatibility with XY. The mega and primals don't allow you to battle or trade them with XY. Oras is your gen 6.5.
Now shut the fuck up please
>>
>>25845083
But it can still battle period

If SM can battle period with XY it's gen 6
>>
>>25842560
Wouldn't mind. Whatever, honestly. Just don't mistake all posts as mine.
>>25845083
Partial battle compatibility. As the other reply said.
>>
>>25845083
oh by the way, not "6.5 fag", more like "gen 6 fag"
>>
>>25845392
If GSC can trade period with RBY it's gen 1
>>
I'm not sure what's sadder: The Gen 6.5 fags who still argue despite being proven wrong or the people still arguing with them despite the fact they are arguing with autists
>>
>>25845392
I really hope it can't still battle. They need to balance moves before adding more Pokemon into the mix. Why would anyone want another few years of the same mechanics?
>>
>>25846382
>despite being proven wrong

They haven't though
>>
>>25846394
Regardless of what they say, or of what excuse they try to make, the confirmation of a one-way cross-gen transfer system to move pokemon from ORASXY to SM definitively disproves compatibility.
>>
>>25846426
>the confirmation of a one-way cross-gen transfer system to move pokemon from ORASXY to SM

There is no confirmation of this.

And no, reading too hard into information on the website to see what you want is not confirmation.
>>
>>25846462
Loll they said it in plain words bro
>We are adding transfer system to Bank for RBY
>System will obviously be one-way
>The same exact system will be used for ORASXY
>To transfer to SM, because you can't trade them there
>Because of no compatibility
Also, if anyone is reading too hard into shit, it's the Gen 6.5 fags, their entire theory is built upon that
>>
>>25846487
The RBY transfer is irrelevant (although see also >>25836701).

It will surely be possible to transfer Pokemon caught in SM back to XYORAS. Isn't that the whole point of Pokemon Bank, to be able to transfer forward AND back? Otherwise why make Bank in the first place instead of just using PokeTransporter to migrate from Gen 5 to Gen 6?
>>
>>25847179
It's not irrelevent, and transfer backwards not only doesn't make sense but also has never happened before. Also, adding new abilities means no battle compatibility guys.
Bank was made for extra storage
>>
>>25847179
bank was made to have extra storage and carry your mons over to newer versions. Being able to transfer from oras to xy is secondary.
>>
>>25847194
I referred to SM as Gen VII in my post about the possible new abilities, so what are you talking about? I don't think they'll have battle compatibility--just the ability to trade back to Gen VI through Bank if there isn't anything incompatible (Gen VII moves or abilities) on the specific Pokemon you want to send.

Also, in reference to what I've seen people say (in some thread somewhere if not this one) about thinking the blue pentagons will be present in SM: Why do you think they already made sure you can get every legendary with the blue pentagon (thanks to ORAS and the mythical events all year)? If SM were going to have the blue pentagon too, you'd think they wouldn't have crammed in all those legendaries.
>>
>>25847179
screenshotting this, you denialfag must eat this post when you'll discover this is PLAIN. NOT. TRUE.
>>
>>25840167

>Im an outsider

good, stay that way.
>>
6.5 faggots already lost the battle but want to win the war by mechanics excuses. people without brain
>>
>>25847194
>and transfer backwards not only doesn't make sense but also has never happened before.
There's nothing stopping them from transferring old pokemon back anon so it would most likely be something like

RBY > Bank > SM > Bank >XY/ORAS
Those Pokemon and the moves they had then weren't exactly non-existent in the Gen 6 games.
The only way they wouldn't be available is if they cut off support for gen 6 which would defeat the purpose of Bank entirely.
>>
>>25847225
How am I supposed to know your old posts, this is a several hour old conversation that just started back up, forgive me for being a little lost to who said who.

Trading Back doesn't make sense because Gamefreak wants people to play SM, and if there is no new abilities, then what'ss the point of trade back? And if you have the new game, why trade back to the old one? It doesn't make sense at all.
>>
Probably already in the thread, but what he said was "Look foward to it!" i.e. "Look forward to finding out!"
>>
>>25847315
I don't even know why you're arguing this point. It's not a Gen 6.5 or a Gen 7 argument. It's just a possibility thanks to PokeBank. I don't know how anyone could know at this point whether they would allow us to trade back or not. Precedence is moot here since this is the first case of a second generation interacting directly with PokeBank.
>>
>>25847307
There is most likely going to be a separate section of the bank to deal with Gen 7 Pokemon because any stat changes, new abilities and attacks will break Gen 6's legitimacy filter. There will be a separate set of boxes to compensate for that and an option to transfer pokemon from gen 6 to 7 boxes. They won't add backwards compatibility just because it's possible, because they want people to play gen 7, and they didn't do it for any other gen
>>25847329
See above
>>
>>25847329
I think the entire argument is silly honestly.

There was hints of this game happening in fucking X and Y with the wood carving and the 'completely different region' comment, and the fact they only had 70 new mons for it kinda makes it look like they were holding shit back.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they STILL made Z after Sun and Moon and introduced even more new pokemon to it or something.
>>
>>25847356
My god, none of that makes this Gen 6.5, strange souvenir is just another useless item, and there were 70 pokemon because of the 3-D models and butt ton of Mega-evolutions
>>
>>25847378
>because of 3D models
This could be true, as their uncompressed size is about 3.4gb. Uncompressed about a gig. We have larger carts now, anyway. Like 8gb ones, so S/M can absolutely handle 8-900 mons fine.
>>
>GAMEFREAK DOES NOT RECOGNIZE "GENS" AS A CONCRETE DISTINCTION

>ANONS CANNOT AGREE ON WHAT DEFINES A GEN

>NO MATTER WHAT SUMO IS EACH ANON WILL DECIDE THEY WERE RIGHT

>WE WILL STILL BE HAVING THESE ARGUMENTS YEARS FROM NOW

/thread is useless, everybody go home
>>
>>25847378
Also STOP. SAYING. 6.5. LIKE. IT'S. A. GOOD. TERM.
AAAA
>>25847392
I tried to close it down, but people keep bumping them when they are about to die.
I've mostly seen people LOOKING for arguments doing this and there were these two people doing this constantly over a day.
Not saying anything or blaming anyone, but they were rooting for gen 7 and were spouting literal shitposts just to keep it alive for "BTFO".
>>
>>25847378
That wasn't an argument for 6.5
>>
>>25847390
That's not what I meant, what I meant was the time taken to design new pokemon was used to do the 3-D models (takes a lot more time and effort than 2-D sprites) and to design and program the Mega evolution's, which take up a full fledged pokemon in time and resources to make, add those in and we got closer to 100 pokemon, like most gens.
>>25847392
Thet've used Generation before though, and clearly recognize the difference between them
>>
>>25847403
Ah, yeah true.
>>
>>25847400
Really? Because that's what Gen 6.5 fags been spouting as their evidence.
>>25847398
It's not a good term, but it's what these people believe.
>>
File: nationalpok.jpg (383KB, 794x597px) Image search: [Google]
nationalpok.jpg
383KB, 794x597px
>>25847392
>Gamefreak doesn't recognize gens
Look at the right edge of this picture.
The Pokedex is separated into 6 sections.
>>
>>25847410
It's stupid to believe that S/M will be anything but either gen 6 or gen 7. Assigning their own definition to what makes a generation and calling it "6.5" is stupid as fuck.
There's a reason I'm saying "stop using "6.5" you meme" because that's exactly what it is.
A goddamn meme, just like feminism. It is a label with self-defined definitions that make up the word and it's not agreed upon by anyone.
I'm not saying people who argue things which show intelligence and that they understand structures that are even a bit hidden that they're saying some stupid shit, because they aren't.
I'm saying that they're mislabeling themselves. Think of true equal opportunity people who say they identify as "feminist" when they really shouldn't be.
Yeah, autism writes long paragraphs about stupid subjects.
>>
>>25847428
It can't be Gen 6 if they add new pokemon, because thos pokemon weren't part of the original gen 6, so the absolute least they can be is Gen 6.5. If you don't like the term, argue for Gen 7, but SM being Gen 6 is stupider than Gen 6.5 because we already know it's not
>>
>>25847418
O-O-OWNED!

Also, this agrees with my theory: the requirement for a new gen is a new regional pokedex, meaning "new gen = new pokemon". I've been telling it since Sun/Moon news

>BUT MAH GEN .5
Fuck you guys, you deserve to suffer.
>>
File: 1452267450224.jpg (17KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1452267450224.jpg
17KB, 325x325px
He looks forward to all the tears when it's just gonna be 6.5
>>
>>25840065
It confirms you're a dumbass.
>>
>>25847439
Read the thread. You're not doing exactly what I was saying, giving it arbitrary definitions and rounding it up as "6.5". The only place where you would be qualified to say that is if it has the same battle mechanics as XY/ORAS, but still can't battle for some reason.
I've said, that's ridiculous to think as Game Freak will lose marketing value by doing that for only ~70 or something new mons.
>>
>>25847482
It'd be ridiculous for them not to change the battle mechanics just to keep battle compatibility for three year old games when they want everyone to buy the new ones
>>
>>25836119
Underrated post
>>
>>25836119
>Expecting Gen 6.5 fags to not be the height of retardation
>>
>>25847501
True. However, if you take your time to look at it as a gen 6 game and from that perspective, it wouldn't make sense. They're already introduced new things in OR/AS, but they can battle for a reason, but with a criteria: >>25839943
If they can do that with OR/AS, there's no reason for them to not just ban newly introduced mons and that in S/M from battling with X/Y.
>>
>>25847551
That still doesn't make sense because they would be excluding the stars of the new games and banning way too many moves, way too many abilities and way too many pokemon. Banning 15 megas doesn't even come close to that.
>>
>>25847563
It's a logical conclusion. It's actually 21 new mons in total. I believe also just 4 new moves, being Primal moves, Dragon Ascent and Hyperspace Fury.
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense either way. It's difficult to patch 3DS games, adding content in these patches. You'll have to rewrite code in the way that 6th gen is structured.
This is very unlike Smash, yeah.
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.