[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gym Leader Team: Theme Edition.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

File: Code.png (53KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
Code.png
53KB, 245x171px
Post your gyms team and the theme of it.
Also your battle music.
My theme is the way of the samurai.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1zT1KjbPk
>>
>>25827551
Anon, I don't mean to be a dick but gyms are monotype establishments. Your team has at least five types here. I dig the samurai motif but that's not a gym, it's just the trainer card of a theme trainer.
>>
File: Muh gym leader team.png (2MB, 3880x3664px) Image search: [Google]
Muh gym leader team.png
2MB, 3880x3664px
>>25827551
Gym puzzle would be growing trees to enter a mountaintop

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9wLsy9d63U intensifies as you climb the mountain
>>
File: stop.jpg (32KB, 380x377px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
32KB, 380x377px
>>25827551
>half of the team isn't steel
>making a gym with more than one pokemon not of your chosen type
>making a theme team that doesn't consist of all one type or only one different one.
>special snowflake gym leader
>b-but muh Blue gym leader

Fuck off, faggot. Make it the right way.
>>
>>25827560
>who is Agatha
>>
>>25827576
agatha was a poison type leader same generation there was 1 ghost pokemon same problem as lance, atleast they still stuck to ono poison and flying
>>
>>25827585
She's referred to as ghost type, in fact in later games she gets a Misdreavus, who is not a poison type and doesn't go with Arbok or Golbat. That and there's Blue, then there's Lance who has Aerodactyl, and Gyarados.
It's actually really common to have a theme instead of a type.
>>
>>25827608
name one leader who didnt do it after red/blue which is not a direct interpretation of them. that excludes only those made in gen 1.
theres none aside from champions, saying they are common is nothing but a lie. gen 1 did it due to lack of pokemon and gen 2 followed with these due to nostalgia factor same with frlg
>>
File: download.png (57KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
57KB, 245x171px
Any suggestions on what I could change?
>>
>>25827585
In Gen 2 when Koga was in the elite 4, he had a Foretress which is bug/steel, and you can't use the "there weren't enough of that type" excuse because poison types were everywhere.
>>
>>25827617
Karen has a Gengar who isn't Dark type, Bruno has an Onyx in both games that aren't fighting type.
So that's 5 examples just in the first couple games, its pretty common.
>>
File: trainercard-Fuji (3).png (53KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
trainercard-Fuji (3).png
53KB, 245x171px
Early-on gyms tend to be my favorite. It's kinda hard to make a team without really using a "signature" pokémon, I would make Mawile mine.

In any rematch, I would just have the final forms of my team and maybe two other more like Scizzor.
>>
>>25827636
Sudowoodo is a solo Rock type, but is in the Sinnoh Elite 4 on Bertha who is supposed to be ground type. This isn't an early game so "it's too early it doesn't count" isn't an excuse and "there aren't enough ground types to fill out a team" definitely doesn't work as an excuse.
>>
>>25827636
but non, its the first couple of games that anon is calling out

>>25827620
I really like it, only flaw i can see its not a very fast team and flamethrower desroys it since nothing resists it, same with earthquake but you probably have bronzong for that
>>25827563
>that theme
10/10
>>
>>25827654
Just deal with the fact that type deviations happen, the more its dragged out the more examples come up. It's common, from the beginning of the franchise to modern games.
>>
>>25827654
Yes, I've been swept a few times because of the fire weakness. Maybe will swap out Klinklang for a rock or ground type. Even though its one of my favourite Steel types its pretty useless.
>>
>>25827652
>damond/pearl league
literally the proof of the not enough mons theory

>>25827625
this is the only legit one as theres not enough dark types for gengar not to be there
>>25827659
but its not common when it can be avoided thats the thing
>>
>>25827678
Spare you actually retarded of is this a "I was only pretending" thing?
I'm four games the have much more than enough to fill a team with ground types, and yet they put in a rock type. Shit happens, get over it.
>>
File: trainercard-Gertrud.png (56KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
trainercard-Gertrud.png
56KB, 245x171px
Gave it a twist this time and made a waifu. Bird watching is still the overall tjene though, as ive always had a passion for predatory birds and my Family has this thing with ravens and crows.
>>
>>25827711
but im not pretending, you clearly are however to prove your own opinion right, the only other groudn type in gen 4 is wormadam and garchomp. check the dex
>>
>>25827722
This is bait.
>>
>>25827722
nice double dubs, but im sure theres more predators like mandibuzz you could use here
>>
>>25827727
At what point did you begin the think that all of the Pokemon have to be from that game alone? Because that's not how it works. That's not how it has ever worked on anyone.
>>
File: download.png (25KB, 248x171px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
25KB, 248x171px
Always remember to bring protection, kids.
I present to you the most annoying Elite 4 member ever.
>>
>>25827730
No? What do you mean?
>>
>>25827736
I know. Talonflame would also be a good choice, but let's be realistic for the kids.
>>
File: download.png (45KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
45KB, 245x171px
This is a Dark type gym, sort of early on.

The guy at the front talks about how tough the gym leaders fighting type pokemon are, and recommends bringing Psychic types against him. There's a cave nearby that has some Psychic types in it. The closest Bug pokemon are on the route before last, and there are no Fighting types yet. During the battle, the Zoroark will appear as a fighting type first. If you do rely on early Bugs to carry you through, he also has a Dark/Flying type.
>>
File: Thunder element.png (54KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
Thunder element.png
54KB, 245x171px
>>25827551
The classical electric team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7X76e3oMrQ
>>
File: you.png (21KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
21KB, 300x263px
>>25827551
>>25828275
>>
File: trainercard-Hogan.png (14KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
trainercard-Hogan.png
14KB, 245x171px
The gym leader's in the middle of a wrestling match as you approach. You fight your way through fans, cameramen, and refs hidden among the shuffling crowd. Your Pokemon then fight in the ring.

https://youtu.be/N-lmaPnnD4g
>>
>>25828528
Yeah, yours was a lot better.
Oh wait
>>
File: trainercard-Alice.png (49KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
trainercard-Alice.png
49KB, 245x171px
Time to get spooky!
https://youtu.be/Gz83g-82Q9c
>>
>>25829056
Three pure ghost types makes it just a little boring, but it's okay I guess.
>>
File: trainercard-Vance.png (51KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
trainercard-Vance.png
51KB, 245x171px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DixD_pc_jkU

i picked a random song in my playlist
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.