[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain why do you hate it? >inb4 i like the design, but no more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-152Chikorita.png (37KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-152Chikorita.png
37KB, 250x250px
Explain why do you hate it?

>inb4 i like the design, but no more
>>
>>25823089

I don't hate it, but I don't like it, either.

It's just a cute green radish with legs that evolves into a dinosaur. Pretty meh across the board.
>>
It's the ugliest starter.
>>
>>25823105
Exactly this. I've never been big on grass types either.
>>
>>25823089
The most annoying piece of shit jn in the anime holy shit this thing's voice was god-awful and so shrill you can feel it splintering your bones
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 586x1215px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 586x1215px
It doesnt even remotely resemble a bird
>>
>>25823089
I love everything about it.
Except Meganium, I like Bayleef more. And and its pure grass type, but that's a johto thing.
>>
>>25823089
I love the design and it's line are such bros, but I mean it's objectively awful competitively. Hell, it even sucks in game sometimes. That being said, I still like it.

>>25824098
>watching the ashnime
there's your problem. If you're watching this or still cite it as a reason to dislike any Pokemon, you're a bigger faggot than I am.
>>
Johto starter megas are going to be weird.

A big appeal to the gen ii starters is that they're all pure typed all the way through. However, I feel certain that Meganium would become Grass/Fairy if it got a mega, meaning the other two would get secondary types.

Water/Dark mega Feraligatr (With strong jaw of course,) and Fire/Dragon mega Typhlosion? I know the second one's weird, since it's a mammal but Dragon just seems like it would suit Typhlosion somehow, and it would be cool.
>>
Meganium is the problem. Looks fucking awful and doesn't make up for it in battle either.
>>
>>25824169
>meaning the other two would get secondary types
>mega blastoise
>>
>>25823089
I think it has the same problem as serperior that in-game it just doesn't stand up with the other two starters of the gen. It's not as fun to use and doesn't have that same look of power that the other two have

Don't get me wrong, I like the Chikorita line but I feel like Cyndaquill and Totodile are just better
>>
File: 1458815315031.png (69KB, 231x212px) Image search: [Google]
1458815315031.png
69KB, 231x212px
>>25823089
she's the most kawaii
>>
>>25823089
It's objectively the worst starter.
>>
>>25823119
Wotter for base stage, Emboar for final one
>>
File: bayleef.jpg (15KB, 220x176px) Image search: [Google]
bayleef.jpg
15KB, 220x176px
>>25823089
It's my favorite starter pokemon, I really like Bayleaf too, it's really just Meganium that ruins it all for me
>>
>>25824169
>Fire/Dragon Typhlosion
>not Fire/Ground with earth power
>>
>>25824436
Blastoise has always been the only monotype Kanto starter, though.
>>
>>25827029
Mo-dest Mcgay-Nium
Mo-dest Mcgay-Nium
>>
>>25825606
Alos the fact that male chikorita (aka 80% of them) look gay as fuck
Why make a starter so feminine?
>>
It doesn't look bad, but it's just unimpressive in terms of power. Literally the only real use for it that I have is as Bulbasaur's mate.
>>
>>25827027
No.
>>
In game: It's the only really usuable Grass pokemon (Everything else either has bad stats or horrible movepools) in the game, but it offers little to no help against Gym Leaders or especially the Elite Four. It learns both Screen moves, but its typing doesn't lend it help in tanking

Competitive: There are far better walls and Screen setters in a metagame defined by stalling.
>>
>>25823089
Chikorita is okay but the lack of definition on its head is just odd. Give it a snout or something.
Bayleef is pretty great, but a little plain.
Meganium is where the shit kicks in. It's bland and doesn't look powerful at all. I mean, how would it even attack? Headbutts? It doesn't have the leaf blade on its head like Bayleef. Its flower looks so fragile like it'd never want to get close to anyone yet it's bulky and slow. Compare it to the other grass starters. Venusaur is a hulking and lumbering beast, Sceptile looks like a speedy niggah that'll slice you up.
It's also a bit odd how its supposed to be based on sauropods - massive fucking dinosaurs, yet its only about 6 feet tall. I know most pokemon have sizes way smaller than their real-life basis, but for something based on the largest land animals to ever live 6 feet is just bizzare. At least Donphan has the tire theme to explain why its so tiny but there's really no reason they couldn't have made Meganium bigger. Even just 8 feet would help immensely since at least it'd be significantly taller than the average man.
It's also just so fucking plain. Sure, Chikorita and Bayleef were too, as was the Cyndaquil line, but Chikorita and Bayleef are NFE and for some reason the plain look just works a lot better for Typhlosion. I know people like to cry overdesigned nowadays but Meganium is criminally underdesigned. Its body is just one flat colour, even its flower looks plain and simple.
Its line also has the problem of "it just gets bigger". Granted that's a common theme of gen 2 starters, but the difference is that Cyndaquil and Totodile were already great first stage mons. Chikorita always felt lacking.
>>
>>25827047
Literally giving it a necklace
>>
>>25827145
>Give it a snout
Fuck that. Snouts ruin everything.
>>
I like it

5 and 6 starters look the shittiest
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.