[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen VII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 1459611249977.jpg (12KB, 222x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459611249977.jpg
12KB, 222x200px
Not even one leak of info and it's already shit.
>>
>>25816736
Still mad anon? Need a hug?
>>
>>25816736
Still better than getting Z.
>>
>>25816736
Pokemon Z confirmed
>>
>>25816736
We /v/ now.
>>
File: Sun and Moon.jpg (52KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sun and Moon.jpg
52KB, 651x500px
>>25818815
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzDL1l3Fag
>>
Good thing it's not Gen VII then
>>
>>25819202
>>
>>25819202
But it literally is. Face it, Gen 6 is dead and buried.
>>
>>25819302
But it literally isn't. Face it, Gen 6 is alive and kicking.
>>
>>25819332
But there isn't anything left to do in Gen 6. Everything worth releasing has been released or will be by winter.

The gen has literally nowhere to go.

Plus we have new pokemon.
>>
>>25819346
>But there isn't anything left to do in Gen 6

Zygarde's formes. Zygarde's moves. Eternal Floette. Souvenir.

>Plus we have new pokemon.
New Pokemon doesn't mean a new gen.
>>
>>25819370
>New Pokemon doesn't mean a new gen.
Here's your (You). Now get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>25819370
>muh unreleased stuff
Have you taken the time to consider that they will STAY unreleased in gen 6?

>muh theory says you are wrong
And we can fucking PROVE that every gen has been called Gen (number here) from gen 3 onwards based ONLY on the pokemon being revealed.

It is literally the only definition that matters because it is the most accurate and the first we can realistically use to separate gens.

>but muh mechanics
Never have we had to wait until the games released to know which gen it is. And as a result, every gen has been labelled without knowing the mechanics. Get fucked you dumb memeposter.
>>
>>25819411
>Have you taken the time to consider that they will STAY unreleased in gen 6?
Have you taken the time to consider that they WILL be released in gen 6?

>And we can fucking PROVE that every gen has been called Gen (number here) from gen 3 onwards based ONLY on the pokemon being revealed
Yeah because it used to be the case that every new gen had new mechanics AND pokemon. Now it's not the case.

>Never have we had to wait until the games released to know which gen it is
We will now. When people see what these games are like and how similar they are to gen 6, people will backpedal.
>>
>>25819577
>Have you taken the time to consider that they WILL be released in gen 6?
Yes, I have. And I discarded the idea like a flaming turd because Zygarde form data doesn't exist in any gen 6 games.

>Yeah because it used to be the case that every new gen had new mechanics AND pokemon. Now it's not the case.
A) Prove it faggot
and B) people literally couldn't prove new mechanics before a new game released in the past, why would that matter now you moron?

>Yeah because it used to be the case that every new gen had new mechanics AND pokemon. Now it's not the case.
>thinking people will bother to backpedal after literally months of calling it gen 7
Are you delusional? People just won't bother.
>>
>>25819370
>Zygarde Forms
In next Gen
>Zygarde Moves
Event
>Eternal Floette
Event
>Souvenir
Yet another useless item just like the Brick Piece and Gold Leaf, literally means nothing
>>
>>25819643
>Yes, I have. And I discarded the idea like a flaming turd because Zygarde form data doesn't exist in any gen 6 games.
But its moves do.

>Prove it faggot
Pentagon and Zygarde moves are enough evidence.

>people literally couldn't prove new mechanics before a new game released in the past, why would that matter now you moron
It'll be obvious. The first sign will be when gameplay comes out and it looks exactly the same as gen 6.

>Are you delusional? People just won't bother
Oh they will. Just wait and see.
>>
>>25819684
>But its moves do.
And? That doesn't prove anything more than the data exists. It could be released in literally any gen except gen, without the forms.

>Pentagon and Zygarde moves are enough evidence.
In what world are either of those proof of anything? Nothing in the Sun/Moon info links to pentagons or Zygarde, Zygarde is literally incomplete in this gen, and the pentagon is as worthless as proof as the lock capsule.

>It'll be obvious. The first sign will be when gameplay comes out and it looks exactly the same as gen 6.
Implying gameplay doesn't look nearly identical between gens, the only things that really change are graphics, which they don't even need to change anymore if they don't want to.

>Oh they will. Just wait and see.
Fully delusional, I see.
>>
>>25819684
>Pentagon and Zygarde moves are enough evidence
They are not evidence at all. Not in the least. Pentagon slots are just your standard leftover data and Zygarde moves can be released in events or be yet another piece of unused data in pokemon.
>>
>>25819370
>Souvenir.
That has nothing to do with Kalos though, it's confirmed to be from a region far from Kalos and we will see said region "soon enough", that region more than likely being in Sun and Moon, possibly being either Hawaii, Southeast Asia, or another tropical location.
>>
>>25819756
>And? That doesn't prove anything more than the data exists.

It also proves that they took the time to put it in gen 6 because they were anticipating using it.

>In what world are either of those proof of anything?
I didn't say it's proof. I said it's evidence. Which it is. Zygarde is linked to SM via its two moves and the colored hexagons in its chest.

>which they don't even need to change anymore if they don't want to.
Pre emptive damage control I see. If it's a new gen then it will have new graphics just like every other gen.

>Fully delusional, I see.
Same goes to you my friend

>>25819772
They are evidence. Just like you're saying they can not be used they can also be used. It's evidence whether you like it or not.
>>
>>25819789
I know. It's the SM region. And SM is gen 6. That's why they give you the item. To trade it to SM and unlock something as a reward for playing XY.
>>
>>25819865
What about the God Stone?
>>
File: Muh_floette.jpg (3MB, 2503x1998px) Image search: [Google]
Muh_floette.jpg
3MB, 2503x1998px
>>25819370

Those reasons literally mean nothing, except maybe Zygarde's forms. They'll most likely be in SM, Gen 7. Why does Floette matter? It's just a Pokemon that was made for the fucking story.

New Pokemon DOES mean a new gen. It's always been like that, I don't know if you noticed. I don't see how this time around is any different.

>muh mechanics
>muh graphics
They are doing something similar like what they did with DPPt and BW/BW2. Both games are on the DS but they are considered different gens for a majority of reasons, same thing applies to SM. You can't trade directly from SM to XYORAS. XYORAS is DPPt and SM is BW/BW2.
>>
>>25819865
New Pokemon +new regien=gen 6
>>
>>25819856
>It also proves that they took the time to put it in gen 6 because they were anticipating using it.
And the same is true of the lock capsule, Azure Flute, Pokestar Studios props, etc etc.

>I didn't say it's proof. I said it's evidence. Which it is. Zygarde is linked to SM via its two moves and the colored hexagons in its chest.
Conveniently ignored the rest of what I said. And evidence my ass, you can't even link them to Sun/Moon beyond ephemeral links and massive leaps of logic. You fail all the criteria of actual evidence. It's like saying someone was shot when they have a knife sticking out of their chest.

>Pre emptive damage control I see. If it's a new gen then it will have new graphics just like every other gen.
Assumptions, assumptions everywhere. They finally have the tech to create new models etc without having to overhaul everything. They would be able to reuse any number of assets, potentially tweaking some, and save themselves a ton of development time.

>Same goes to you my friend
You are saying this to the guy with actual evidence on his side.
>>
>>25819959
I mean new regien+new Pokemon= new gen
>>
>>25819921
Never given to the player. The Souvenir was.

>>25819959
Mechanics + compatibility decide gen. RBY shares battle mechanics and can only battle with RBY
GSC shares battle mechanics and can only battle with GSC
And so on. It has been this way for 20 years and it won't stop now.

>>25819948
>made for the story
>even though it has different stats and a signature move
Suuuuuure

>They are doing something similar like what they did with DPPt and BW/BW2.

4th gen and 5th gen had different mechanics AND graphics from one another. Not quite sure what your point here is.
>>
>>25819993
>Mechanics + compatibility decide gen. RBY shares battle mechanics and can only battle with RBY
GSC shares battle mechanics and can only battle with GSC
And so on. It has been this way for 20 years and it won't stop now.

Gens were labelled before the games came out, kill yourself.
>>
>>25819856
>They are evidence
The fact that they can easily be unused means it's not. If you have a fact that can easily fit both scenarios, it's not proof for either.
>>
>>25820113
A used gun found at a murder crime scene is still evidence that the gun was used to murder the victim. Sure they might have used some other gun. Or maybe someone else shot the victim. But it's still evidence.

>>25820025
Yeah because it was an easy assumption to make. Up until ORAS I would have assumed that new moves/abilties meant a new gen too. But people are jumping to conclusions just because of previous entries in the franchise and disregarding all other information because "I-IT'LL JUST BE UNUSED GUYS"

when this game comes out and it can still battle/trade with XY and ORAS with none of the battle mechanics changed and none of the graphics changed nobody except delusional retards will see this as gen 7.
>>
>>25820579
Nothing has changed. At all. People will assume a new gen (literally already happened, Serebii and all his sheep now believe it is gen 7) and nothing will stop that from sticking and becoming the label permanently.

Lets remember, your little group has maybe a few hundred believers, versus millions of believers behind Serebii. You have zero chance in hell of convincing them to not do what comes naturally to them. You WILL fail to label this as gen 6 or 6.5, it is absolutely inevitable. It is an immutable fact that no-one can change the minds of that many people without the most perfect piece of proof in existence, and you are simply not going to get that piece of proof.

Enjoy gen 7. I know I will.
>>
Why do people assume S/M are Gen 6 when they release 3 years after the previous gen, have new names, new Pokemon, and a new region?
>>
>>25820786
Because of unused items no one cares about, a new fucking variant no one cares about, and Zygarde, which no one cares about.
>>
>>25820737
>m-muh serebii

Yeah keep sucking his dick, that way you'll get btfo right alongside him when it's confirmed gen 6.

>>25820786
Zygarde's moves, Zygarde's formes, and pentagon slots
>>
literal autism
>>
>>25820786
RBY: playable on GB
GSC: playable on GBC (not GB), cannot directly interact with RBY due to engine differences besides time capsule compatibility mode
RSE: playable on GBA (not GBC), cannot directly interact with GSC, Gen 1/2 left in the dust
FRLG: same gen as RSE, directly compatible except new pokemon (forms) cannot be /recognized/. (deoxys)

DP: playable on DS (not GBA), cannot directly interact with RSE, cannot directly interact with RSE due to engine differences besides compatibility mode (Pal Park)
Pt: same gen as DP, directly compatible except new pokemon (forms) cannot be /recognized/. (giratina/rotom/shaymin)
HGSS: same gen as DP, directly compatible except new pokemon (forms) cannot be /recognized/. (^)

BW: playable on DS, overhauled graphics/mechanics, cannot directly interact with DPPt due to engine differences besides compatibility mode (Transporter)
B2W2: same gen as BW, directly compatible except new pokemon (forms) cannot be /recognized/. (genies)

XY: playable on 3DS (not DS), cannot directly interact with BW due to engine differences, Bank brings pokemon up
ORAS: same gen as XY, directly compatible except new pokemon (forms) cannot be /brought/. (megas/origin/unbound)

Now, 3 options:
SM: same gen as XY, directly compatible except new pokemon (forms) cannot be /brought/.
or...
SM: same gen, cannot interact with past games due to being prevented (transfer via Bank)
or...
SM: new gen with overhauled mechanics/graphics, cannot directly interact with XY due to engine differences besides compatibility mode (Bank).

See the trend?
There's a lot of evidence that XY is not done yet. There's a lot of space left in the ROM if they cut down on their bloated battle models, so we may see a double-region using the same engine/maps as XY. Just because a new area/pkm are added doesn't mean it's a new gen.

==
>>25820868
Remember, Kyurem had two moves it couldn't learn in BW, but in B2W2 they were available by fusing Zekrom/Reshiram.
>>
The entire "Gen 6.5 vs Gen 7" argument is probably the most autistic thing I've ever seen on this board. Maybe on any board, ever. It's embarrassing. Anyone writing big long posts about it, in this thread or any other, should feel deeply ashamed about what a failure they are at life.

If its got new protags, a new region and new Pokemon, then its a new Gen by all but the most autistic measure. If its an extension of X/Y (like B/W2 were an extension of B/W) then its not. But even then, it would still just be Gen 6, not 6.5. I don't even know why this is an argument.
>>
>>25821025
No one in this thread said "6.5" specifically until you brought it up
>>
>>25819370
>New Pokemon doesn't mean a new gen.
When has that EVER not been the case?

>inb4 Megas in OR/AS
Megas are NOT new Pokémon. The introduction of Megas was an abnormality, but to this day, it stands true that new Pokémon = new gen.
>>
>>25819993
>Mechanics + compatibility decide gen
If this were true then GSC would be Gen 1.5 to you fucking retards
>>
>>25821234
No it wouldn't you fucking retard because GSC can't battle with gen 1 and the mechanics aren't the same as gen 1 (types/stats). Literally read the next sentence.
>>
>>25821008
Gold and Silver could be played on the regular gameboy though.
>>
>>25821209
>When has that EVER not been the case?

When has it EVER been not the case that new abilities = new gen?

Oh wait ORAS happened.

When has it EVER been not the case that new moves = new gen?

Oh wait ORAS happened.

Moral of story: patterns are broken and they can add more things mid-gen now.
>>
>>25821234
Are the people who use this flawed argument underagefags who never actually played GSC or something? I swear every thread there's a stupid gen 7 fag saying "muh gen 1.5" when the comparison doesn't hold at all.
>>
This whole conversation has about as much depth as a bunch of kids arguing over who the best Ninja Turtle is. I can't wait until we get some new info via CoroCoro or some other source so we can end the Gen 6.5 vs Gen 7 debate
>>
>>25821270
Yeah, but what makes you think they would? Right now, new Pokémon (and a new region, to a lesser extent) are ALL that distinguish one gen from the other. This is an important pattern that would be as harmful as it is unnecessary to break.
>>
>>25821339
>are ALL that distinguish one gen from the other

Mechanics and compatibility.
Gen 1 can only battle with other Gen 1 games because of mechanics.
Gen 2 can only battle with other Gen 2 games because of mechanics.
Gen 3 can only battle with other Gen 3 games because of mechanics.
>>
>>25821288
Long after Sun and Moon versions, Montegue and Capulet versions and Right and Left versions have come and gone the great Gen 7 vs Gen 6.5 will rage on.
>>
>>25816736
its like me saying youre shit. i know nothing about you. so if your statement is true, then so is mine.
>>
>>25821339
There is no new region confirmed yet folks, lets not go full retard here. There is a new area confirmed, which we know can happen in sequels now(b2/w2 starting location)
I want this to be gen 7 but we dont have enough info yet all we know is that there is a bird that might be a new pokemon and the new area
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.