[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this shit allowed in competitive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: burn.png (10KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
burn.png
10KB, 256x192px
Why is this shit allowed in competitive?
>>
>>25816079
Ask Gamefreak.
>>
Because it's easy to cure and only cripples one type of offensive pokémon.

Doctor recommendation is to git gud.
>>
>>25816079
Because Pokemon was never planned to be competitive.

It's a game based around RNG
>>
>>25816079
Is carrying a cleric that difficult? Git gud.
>>
File: 1457438813410.jpg (15KB, 220x208px) Image search: [Google]
1457438813410.jpg
15KB, 220x208px
>>25816079
Because Gamefreak doesn't give a flipping fuck about a minority of manchildren and teenagers too dumb to get into any real strategy game playing multi-player in a single player RPG never designed to be competitive. It's also why OHKO moves exist, evasion/accuracy/critical hits/secondary effects/unbalanced stats/stats being distributed based on lore instead of a retarded meta and I could go on and on.

You want to whine about shit like that? Go play a real competitive game, or shut up and queue up to fight the babbies.
>>
>>25816139

>Go play a real competitive game

>huge annual tournaments sponsored and promoted by Nintendo devoted to competitive battling
>frequent patches with each Gen to balance out the meta game
>huge community

Yeah, it has it's flaws, and i don't play competitively myself, but don't be stupid. Pokemon is just as much a ''real'' competitive game as any.
>>
>>25816179
Okay, let me rephrase that. It's a competitive game. Anything can be competitive if you try. Pokemon isn't balanced around competitive play. It never was. The competitive aspect is just a side mode that a small minority enjoys, Nintendo and TPCi organize tournaments(with minimal effort and they barely give a fuck, let's be honest) because people enjoy them.

So yeah, RNG and "unfair"/beyond your level of control mechanics will always exist and they'll probably never be balanced around multiplayer. Anyone playing competitive has to understand that. Bitching about their existence is retarded.
>>
>>25816139
Gamefreak has done the right thing by letting the community show that they want a competitive scene before and now supports that demand.

Better than games like SC2 being designed around being an E-sport rather than making a fun game and then making it more competitive when the demand has been shown.

The community makes an esport work more than the company that makes the game.
>>
>>25816218
>The community makes an esport work more than the company that makes the game.
I agree. However, I really fail to see what does that have to do with the matter at hand. Features like burn or all I listed in that post won't be removed because the community has decided they want an e-sport or a competitive scene. And RNG will always exist in pokemon and skill will also lose to it at times. That won't change. Being in that competitive e-sport scene and playing it means you also understand that. If you don't and make retarded threads on /vp/ crying because you're salty you got fucked over then you're beyond help though.
>>
>>25816179
The god damn director of the game itself said that with luck, any player could beat anyone, regardless of level of skill. He wanted to make it like this to give hope and a chance of winning to those who don't know shit about the game.This means that no matter how "gud" you fucking get, you are still trash if the kid you are set up against has a four leaf clover up his ass.

Gamefreak doesn't gives a shit about the metagame either, fuck I doubt they even understand the shit. They just want to make it appealing in order to (YOu guessed it sherlock) earn more fucking money.
If they cared about their shit, they wouldn't be letting VGC16 happen in an attempt to freshing things of.
To top it off if anything, the only sort of balance they have is around VGC, they couldn't give a single flying fuck about singles, not even the 3v3 shitstain, this is why a bunch of faggots have to spend days banging their neckbearded faces against a wall trying to balance the fucking mess of a game they are playing, because the entire fuckup of a game is balanced around VGC.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.