[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would an anime based off the games be good? When I say "based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17

File: btfo.gif (1021KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.gif
1021KB, 500x283px
Would an anime based off the games be good?

When I say "based off the games" I mean that literally. They reference stats (not the actual numbers but say things like 'For what Grumpig lacks in speed it makes up with special defense!'), STAB, status conditions matter, abilities etc.

An episode would feature battles where seemingly Pokemon with poor stats get the upperhand by setting up a trick room or using endeavor + quick attack. Think Pokemon meets Jojo's Bizarre Adventure where the trainer actually has to be clever to win battles, not just have Charizard spam seismic toss to defeat the opponent.

Or would this just become autism: the show?
>>
>>25815508
It will flop and die while it rolls around in a pile of feces screaming at the top of it lungs.
While it could potentially be good, unlike the current one, it wouldn't appeal to all the kids that love the shitty anime.
Believe it or not, man childs like you are a very small portion of the audience that watches pokemon.
>>
>>25815508
>When I say "based off the games" I mean that literally. They reference stats (not the actual numbers but say things like 'For what Grumpig lacks in speed it makes up with special defense!'), STAB, status conditions matter, abilities etc.
This is more akin to Origins.
>An episode would feature battles where seemingly Pokemon with poor stats get the upperhand by setting up a trick room or using endeavor + quick attack. Think Pokemon meets Jojo's Bizarre Adventure where the trainer actually has to be clever to win battles, not just have Charizard spam seismic toss to defeat the opponent.
This is what happens in the anime.
>>
>Think Pokemon meets Jojo's Bizarre Adventure where the trainer actually has to be clever to win battles
If the trainers are going to talk/think during matches just as much as JoJo chars during fights the battles will pretty much have to be strictly turn based.

Which is good, mind you.
>>
File: 1459210804471.jpg (17KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
1459210804471.jpg
17KB, 500x254px
>>25815508
Would be nice, although maybe reference abilities in a more subtle way then saying "x pokemons is ability is such and such" like i wouldn`t say a magpie has gale wings for example, i would say it flies quickly.

It should be like the games without being gamey if that makes sense.
>>
>>25815533
This. Op needs to watch the current anime before watching this, clearly.
>>
File: funny faic.png (639KB, 605x766px) Image search: [Google]
funny faic.png
639KB, 605x766px
>>25815549
Dude I'm not watching the current anime. I don't care if it has improved, it's still not good and no amount of hipster fans are going to shame me for not liking it..
>>
>>25815577
It still sucks

Just watched a filler episode of a wigglytuf that falls down a lot at the Pokemon center

Fuck
>>
>>25815508
>Or would this just become autism: the show?
Well, the current anime is Down-Syndrome: the show.
>>
>>25815577
>Dude I'm not watching the current anime.
>it's still not good
DUDE
>>
>>25815508
>Or would this just become autism: the show?
I think it'd be Pokemon: The Show.
>>
>>25815590
Yeah, I don't need to watch it to know that.

Ash meets a Brock-like character every few arcs, they're either pervy and weird or bad comic relief, he has some hot headed girl accompanying him and oh boy does he piss her off but maybe she likes it- and she's a little whacky!! His Pokemon recycle personalities from old teams, Ash faces incredible odds and loses but hey he's going to be the best trainer cause he loves his Pokemon. He doesn't grow as a character he just continues to make the same mistakes because the show is essentially one giant commercial for the games and isn't concerned with actually being good.

Don't act it was ever quality.
>>
...You're being serious?

No. This can't be taken seriously. At all. Get out of here.
>>
>>25815612
Ummm...no. May and Dawn were not douchey all the time, and definitely not Serena. Iris was the only one that emulated Misty.
>>
>>25815678
Which is why Misty + Iris > May + Dawn + Serena.
>>
>>25815508
The games aren't good, so why would a game with all the bullshit that makes it shit make for a great anime?
>>
>>25815678
nah they're all the same shit
>>
>>25815701
>it sucks because it's always the same
>the different characters suck because it's not the same
>>
File: 1456468473912-1.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1456468473912-1.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>25815577
That's the biggest tool comment to date.
It looks like tou like to complain about problems, then ignore them when they're fixed.
>>
>>25815793
I don't care, it's still a bad show.
>>
>>25815612
The anime has never been great, good at best and often not that, but you're retarded
>>
I at least want an anime that doesn't omit huge parts of the game franchise, like held items and trainer classes.
>>
File: tumblr_m7t567LdAO1ryf7dio1_500.gif (808KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7t567LdAO1ryf7dio1_500.gif
808KB, 500x375px
>>25815508

YES.

To have Pokemon go down the shonen route of power levels, abilities, and all that shit would be absolutely insane.

I know the anime is getting more and more ''moe kids show'' by the season, but if they were to make an anime about a lone trainer who gets thrown into some journey despite not wanting to, and ends up realizing he has a talent for battling and saves the world or whatever, I would watch that in a heartbeat.

I know Pokemon is for kids, but franchises like Dragon Ball, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, etc. aim at the same audience and do a similar premise (although usually pretty mediocre)

I don't mean like ''Young Tameshi has the power to read his Lucario's AURA and together they stop the forces of evil'' or whatever, I mean a world that's real and believable, like the anime we have at the moment, but with much more dynamic battles and more character depth, and a much more threatening villain.
>>
>>25815508
Nah. I prefer the way anime is. It would be weird to see them follow the rules of the games.
>Pikachu used Thunderbolt while opponent switches he's Pokémon to a ground type
>Pokéball that misses can't be picked up and used again
>Every character can only speak limited amount of sentences.
etc. etc.

>stats, STAB, status conditions matter, abilities etc. trick room
These have all been used in the anime IIRC.
>>
File: Traiiler_N2B2_Emboar_de_Rizzo.png (440KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Traiiler_N2B2_Emboar_de_Rizzo.png
440KB, 640x360px
>we'll never get a proper anime based on B/W
it hurts
>>
>>25816592

>Pokéball that misses can't be picked up and used again
To be fair, if it ''breaks out'' It literally breaks out.

>Every character can only speak limited amount of sentences.
why the fuck would any adaption do that? ever? that's ridiculous.

>These have all been used in the anime IIRC.
Not enough imo.
>>
>>25815508
>An episode would feature battles where seemingly Pokemon with poor stats get the upperhand by setting up a trick room or using endeavor + quick attack.

This shit is literally what happens in gym 6 in the anime except with gyro ball and moonblast....
>>
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Anime""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
File: deathandsuffering.jpg (97KB, 326x284px) Image search: [Google]
deathandsuffering.jpg
97KB, 326x284px
>We'll never get an anime based on Adventures with a coherent plot that actually matters in subsequent seasons that cycles through protagonists with different personalities which the anime should've started doing once Johto started
>>
>>25816604
>Proper anime based on the worst gen of all.

And why would anyone want that, you monumental faggot?
>>
File: 1457651097737.jpg (208KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
1457651097737.jpg
208KB, 500x462px
>>25817190
Best gen, you mean.
>>
File: Gundam_Build_Fighters_S2.jpg (42KB, 300x403px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Build_Fighters_S2.jpg
42KB, 300x403px
>>25815508
I'd rather watch an anime about kids playing Pokemon the video game. That way the Ashnime can stop being an annoying sterile tutorial for the game.
>>
>>25815508
Everything would be better than the ashnime.
>>
>>25815508
>An episode would feature battles where seemingly Pokemon with poor stats get the upperhand by setting up a trick room or using endeavor + quick attack. Think Pokemon meets Jojo's Bizarre Adventure where the trainer actually has to be clever to win battles, not just have Charizard spam seismic toss to defeat the opponent.
Current anime.
>>
File: 1458834830235.jpg (86KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458834830235.jpg
86KB, 640x720px
The Anime already makes some reference to this. The real issue here is the franchise itself. The Anime needs to run for 3-4 years. It needs fillers to pad itself out. It can't have a a running narrative from the start because gamefreak might switch the story focus at one point or another in the next game. Even the Anime with Ash and shit could work if it was mostly focused and only like 1/3 of its actual lenght.
>>
>>25815508
I think it'd be good, the BW2 anime trailer made me so hopeful for an anime more along the lines of the games. Pokemon make noises not their names (except Pikachu) and it'd be geared towards a more mature audience.
>>
>>25815577
Oh wow, you're retarded.

>I have not watched it but it's not good, I'm sure of it
Top tier intelligence, m8. Do you even win Pokemon matches?
>>
File: Froakie.png (13KB, 483x506px) Image search: [Google]
Froakie.png
13KB, 483x506px
>>25817950
>Pokemon fans
>mature audience
>>
>>25815508
You're literally describing the current anime in that post.
>>
>>25815508
That is literally the current anime you retard
>>
>>25815530
It won't die if it has a new protagonist, it will make a lot people interested in, of course if the anime has a new director and and animator expect some form of fan service then it'll draw in more people.
>>
Do you think you guys would have liked a new protagonist or new protagonists every region?

My other thought was for the TR trio to join the new criminal organization of the region they go to.
>>
They don't have to scrap the current anime, they could just make a concurrent anime that features a new character and plotline and ruleset.

This way, they don't fracture their audience. If anything, they can only gain audience by this method.
>>
>>25817190
(You)
>>
Possibly, but a slice of life would have more potential to be good.
>>
>>25819319

Please no. The anime has enough of this sort of comedy as it is. With so many Pokemon and so many fighting styles and powers, etc, a shonen style romp would work much better.
>>
>>25815508

So you're saying you want it to be Yu Gi Oh during its better moments?

Frankly, I don't think more focus on the mechanics of the games, or even any focus on the games at all, is what a Pokemon anime needs to be good.
>>
>>25817956
I've watched enough to know it's shit
>>
>>25818625
I'd love for both things to happen.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind it if Ash WON the League, but got crowned Pokemon Duke, Lord, Fellow, etc; everything EXCEPT for Master and he'd take the next ferry to the nearby region, doing no research to see whether or not he'd actually get the title he wants in that region's Pokemon League.
>>
File: boner jams.png (246KB, 296x405px) Image search: [Google]
boner jams.png
246KB, 296x405px
>>25815508
I'd be into it just to make Pokemon more like Jojo, everything should be more like Jojo.
>>
>>25817956
>match
random battle right now, let's go, I'll be under the name Laurence Fishburne
>>
>>25819336
>so many fighting styles and powers
>in a shonen
Good one.
>>
>>25822320
Seems like you don't really know a lot about shonen manga.
>>
File: power of believing.png (1MB, 1031x623px) Image search: [Google]
power of believing.png
1MB, 1031x623px
>>25815508
If we get another shinji I'm down.
>>
>>25817176
>adventures
>good
don't you have an episode of naruto to blog about fag.
>>
File: red is shit.webm (3MB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
red is shit.webm
3MB, 400x236px
>>25815508
Why did red suck so bad?
>>
>>25822734
Giovanni said Red's pokemon were underleveled compared to his.
>>
>>25822922
>that rhyhorn is lvl 45
>most red's pokemon would have to be sub-30 to be THAT ineffective
shit trainer
>>
File: DP312.jpg (7KB, 267x150px) Image search: [Google]
DP312.jpg
7KB, 267x150px
>>25823031
It wasn't level 45.
Giovanni put aside his usual gym leader battling team and took out his strongest pair of Pokémon.
>>
>>25823174
giovanni's strogest rhyhorn is lvl 50 even being lvl 40 min wouldn't give him this much of a hard time.
>>
File: Ash_facepalm.jpg (71KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Ash_facepalm.jpg
71KB, 704x396px
>>25823244
what part of " put aside his usual gym leader battling team" you didn't understand?
>>
>>25823282
It's still bullshit that he's stronger than the Elite Four.
>>
>>25823399
>he's stronger than the Elite Four
No proves on that.
Maybe Red trained a lot after battling him.
And maybe Giovanni just didn't wanted to be an Elite four member.
You know, because he's the leader of Team rocket and stuff.
Fucking underages.
>>
>>25815508

isn't the Pokemon OVA you just posted literally what you're describing?
>>
>>25823817
>isn't the Pokemon OVA you just posted literally what you're describing?

No it isn't. There's a reason why you should watch the anime.
>>
>>25816592
>>Pokéball that misses can't be picked up and used again
>not wanting to see a sleepy Snorlax suddenly move it's ass double time to dodge weak-ass Pokeballs and Greatballs and flopping back down on top of them to catch a few quick Zs
>not wanting to see a 2 episode long battle with a shiny pokemon that ends up knocking itself out due to running out of moves and panicking
>not wanting the MissingNo episode
>>
>>25826120
>>not wanting the MissingNo episode
It will literally retcon itself out a la Sonic 06.
>>
I'm just waiting for the live-action Uwe Boll Pokemon flick that was rumored
>>
>>25817956
I've watched enough to know it's shit, but I don't 'watch' the show. It's crap, it's been crap for awhile, and you're a manchild for watching it. The games are for kids and are piss easy, sure, but the anime is on another level of shit; there's absolutely no justification to watch it.
>>
File: 1413690004634.jpg (64KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
1413690004634.jpg
64KB, 961x759px
>>25826220
I'm figuring you're OP but see, there's something I don't get.

You're talking about wanting one thing, which Origins did, and you want something that the anime does. Origins tried applying what you want but it didn't even work out because it shifted between forms of battle. The anime applies what you want with the use of abilities and physical attributes of Pokemon.

What is it you're exactly looking for?
>>
>>25826243
That was not me, btw.

I want an ongoing series. 24 episodes minimum.
>>
>>25826243
He's looking for something to complain about.
>>
>>25822734
He actually managed to make his Jolteon weaker since it's literally impossible for a lvl25 Jolteon to get OHK'd by a Rhyhorn's thunderbolt.
>>
>>25826429
Let's take into account the possibility that the Jolteon had Quick Feet. Is it impossible then?
>>
>>25826445
Using Gen1 mechanics, the Jolteon would need to be Lvl24 or below with 0 DVs in Special to get OHKd by a Lvl100 Rhyhorn.

The only Eevee you get is Lvl25 right off the bat.
>>
>>25826220
No reasoning for the crap you're spouting at all. I'll just label you "yet another hater that talks out of his ass".

>>25826335
You'll never get it, not after the Origins flop and the critically acclaimed current series.
>>
I just want some OVAs like Origins, but with the rest of the gens so far. How come only R/B/G got an OVA?
>>
>>25823282
So what? he has a jesus rhyhorn that doesn't exist in any game? redfags actually believe this?
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.