[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would make you drop the games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: iknowitspersona.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
iknowitspersona.gif
2MB, 300x168px
After getting no relevant info from Masuda, I obviously (like many of you) got really frustrated.

But also, I started feeling that the lack of info might be a sign that the development of the games is not going well.

Think about it: the announcement was made because of the 20th anniversary, no matter what the stage of development actually is. GF could be struggling to finish it in time.

Now I have this fear that we will end up with maybe 30 new Pokémon in a region that is just a bunch of recycled stuff from Kalos.

Of course, I have no proof, and that's not why I am making this thread. That is just the scenario that would make me give up this game for good.

What would it take for you to give up on the main series, anons? Do you also have any fears about what Sun and Moon may be like?
>>
You're a moron. Masuda has been saying since 2005/6 that they've been developing something special. SunMoon is going to be the best game since Gen 5, which was Game Freak's passion project.
>>
Gym leaders now have 2 mons total

:^)
>>
I will drop Pokemon entirely if there is no Eclipse version.
>>
>>25814410
Introducing a game with 15 new Pokémon only.
>>
>>25814423
Really? They've been developing a 3DS game for 5 years before its lauch and it's still not finished?

Source?
>>
>>25814431
16 would be ok, then?
>>
>>25814410
I already dropped them

Fuck the main series
>>
>>25814410

>What would make you drop the games?

If they dropped the turn-based style and made Pokken-esque games instead.
>>
>>25814513
I remember when gen 5 was announced I was already a bit tired of the turn based formula and hoped they would finally change it.

Now I do understand that would infuriate too many people and be a stupid risk, since they could try that on any spin off.

Anyway, it is still needs some kind of innovation (Megas were not enough, they sell more for appearance than gameplay value). So, if Gamefreak pulls of another "look, it gets bigger" like, "ultra" or "fusion" Pokémon, I give up.
>>
I'm actively trying to think of what would actually make me quit for good, and that's hard to think of.

I can't think of one, am I too addicted?
>>
nothing
>>
>>25814423
>which was Game Freak's passion project.
My heart sank when I read this.
It's sad but I really don't think GF thinks that passionately about Pokemon anymore. I found it amusing when I read that because my immediate first thought was how untrue it was, like it was a joke. It just made me more sad.

>>25814410
I think my biggest gripe with the latest games was that there wasn't enough "polish", it felt rushed in a lot of areas. At the end of the day, all I want is a "complete" game. A lot of content and a lot of thought put into it.

If the speculation of it being based in Hawaii are true, that could be a lot of fun. Nice, vibrant areas to explore, sunny days and relaxing moonlit nights.
I want it to be harder than X/Y and ORAS, but not insanely hard, just slightly more difficult. Gym leaders having at least 3 Pokemon at the beginning and 4-6 near the end. Hard E4 and Champion, and trainers having slightly larger, stronger and more thought out teams.
I want them to tie up some loose ends from X/Y and ORAS, preferably in the post-game. There's still a lot of lore related shit with Mega Stones, alternate realities brought up in ORAS, Hoopa and the rings that summoned the legendaries, and Looker who ended up at the Battle Resort, and Zygarde's alternate forms are all things that ended up going nowhere. I feel like there's a lot to Kalos yet to be discovered but we didn't get enough chance to fully delve into it.

I really just want it to be a complete game, chock-full of things to do with a fun, vibrant world to explore, and new, nicely-designed Pokemon, I can be happy with just that, but I still feel like I'll still be disappointed. Low expectations is good in a way too, I guess.
>>
>>25814774
>I think my biggest gripe with the latest games was that there wasn't enough "polish", it felt rushed in a lot of areas. At the end of the day, all I want is a "complete" game. A lot of content and a lot of thought put into it.

I agree, but even that isn't going to get me to outright quit the franchise. Laziness is bad, but they can always make more games later.
>>
>>25814410
If Sun/Moon isn't at least a step up from XY, it's dropped.
>>
>>25814903
I thought both X/Y and ORAS didn't have enough polish, a lot of areas felt incomplete, signs of them rushing to meet a deadline are present all over the game.
One more game that feels like they didn't have enough time to work on it, or they were just lazy will be enough for me.
I don't think I can continue playing a game where I'm constantly reminded at every turn that this is a rushed project. I shouldn't have to view it as a "project" in the first place, it's a video game, it should be fun, and I think that's the glaring issue I have.
The lack of polish takes me out of the experience, and makes me view the game as a "project" rather than Pokemon, it really destroys the game for me.
There are some signs that Sun/Moon will be what I'm after, they've said they wanted to "go back to there roots", less convoluted, and more simplified. Give me a nice world to explore, cool new Pokemon and a decent story, a relaxing experience, and I'll be happy. I feel like I don't ask for much.
>>
>>25814410

>But also, I started feeling that the lack of info might be a sign that the development of the games is not going well.

You are retarded. I bet you think what they showed in the trailer is all they had done too huh?

This games most likely been in development since XY they have two teams you know.
>>
>>25814410

If they stop adding new Pokemon and instead rely on what they have at that point, that's when I drop it.

Pokemon is an idea with unlimited potential that should pretty much never have to end.
>>
>>25814423
>SunMoon is going to be the best game since Gen 5
Not a high bar to begin with
>>
>>25814423
>SunMoon is going to be the best game since Gen 5

>implying Gen 5 is good
>>
Oh, I gave up without this. I made a thorough enough analysis of the series to come to the conclusion that it has extremely serious fundamental flaws that make it unjustifiable. This is just icing on the cake. Here we have a company that DOES NOT CARE. If you are willing to go in front of national television and spout lies, then you DO NOT CARE. I don't see how anyone can support this anymore, not even if you're a literal child. You can live in ignorance for now all you want, but you'll still end up with nothing more than lies. I'm starting to think the games themselves are a lie. All it is is a giant marketing scheme to keep us interested. They don't have anything. Enough with the smoke and mirrors, you are now DEMANDED to tell us what Sun and Moon are, or you will LOSE your adult fanbase. That may mean nothing to you, but if you wanted to "bring everything together", then you will fail unless you can do that.
>>
File: 1459357834212.jpg (22KB, 240x237px) Image search: [Google]
1459357834212.jpg
22KB, 240x237px
>>25814410
If the main game/post game is as short as it was in XY, then I'll feel like I didn't get my money's worth.
>inb4 turn off exp.share or do nuzlocke/monotype runs
It's the developers' task to make the game interesting and fittingly challenging, not the player's. I don't want to buy a walk in the park ,I like working for my team and having to think at least a little which pokes I choose to use.
>>
>>25814410
I already dropped Pokémon thanks to Black/White and only came back 5 years later to give the series another chance. If the visuals and mechanics are not polished this time I'm not sticking around. I couldn't care less if Sun/Moon adds only a dozen of ugly shitmons, if it leaves me satisfied with its looks and gameplay I will proclaim it as best gen in a while.
>>
>>25815663
What in the world do you expect to be "fixed" about gameplay? This series was never challenging, the system is fundamentally imbalanced, it contradicts the message they want to give, and the premise itself is copy/pasted into every game. You really expect them to fix any of those? I would have to see it to believe it myself, but I don't think there's any way they will fix ALL of those.
>>
>>25815715
I don't want anything specific, it just has to be generally 'good'. If they just avoid all the outrageous concepts like sky battles and c-gear they'll likely nail it. It's all the little things they screw up that add up and turn the recent games into the mess they are. I liked some changes brought in Gen 6 but it also had many unacceptable features as well. There will be inevitable flaws in Sun/Moon, but as long as they don't cripple the game fundamentally I'll look past them.
>>
File: image.gif (527KB, 390x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
527KB, 390x401px
>>25815482
>>25815520
>>
>>25814410
I'm in this deep. I don't think any thing would make me turn back.
>>
paid DLC
>>
>>25815827
Do it because I said so.
>>
>>25815827
Same here. Gen VI left me sorely disappointed and turing away from the series, but replaying LG brought the magic back. I don't have much hope for SM considering three of their last four games haven't been that good, but I'll always have my glorious gens III and IV. I could happily play those games for years to come.
>>
File: 1457876018849.png (103KB, 274x222px) Image search: [Google]
1457876018849.png
103KB, 274x222px
If sun and moon are shit I'm pretty much done.
Usually the first games of a new handheld are meh, or shit. They get better as they adapt to the tech.
Gen 6 followed by the gen 3 remakes has been one of the most disappointing parts of the games.

They better knock it out of the park with this one. And hopefully avoid thinking that a gimmick will save the ship from sinking.

Make me believe GF. It's sad that the most fun I had have with a pokemon game lately are the VC releases of RBY.
>>
>>25815777
Are you serially implying c-gear fundamentally crippled the games it was in? What a waste of trips.
>>
>>25814410
Children's game.
>>
>>25815983
Really?
What a baby.
I bet you said the same thing when Pearl came out.
I fucking love the new gen and games and am super excited for whatever they make.
>>
>>25814410
BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY
>>
>>25817341
I wish I could live happily within my own delusion too, anon. It must be nice.
>>
>>25817387
You know you love me, I know you care.
>>
>>25815827
I want to say this, but I was actually super disappointed in both Gen 6 games. They were fine, but never anything more than "fine"

Coming off the absolutely based Pt, HGSS, BW and BW2 streak, "fine" for a game on much stronger hardware is pretty sad.

If Sm continue on the path of Gen 6, I may just quit and stick to Smogon to battle my friends
>>
I like to think they're keeping the fans in the dark this time around because they revealed everything there was to know about ORAS before release. I don't know how bad the backlash from that was from the rest of the world but I've seen a lot of people on here saying they would've enjoyed ORAS more if there was some mystery to it and things to discover
>>
>>25815610
So, you're an adult making childish demands?
They said the game will be out by this year's holiday season. If they don't deliver then you're in your full right to give them shit.
Demanding spoilers for said game? Not the same.
We've been spoiled forever with leaks of almost everything, but that's not a very healthy practice anyway.
>>
>>25814410
If they make your Pokemon age and die, I quit. Invested way too much time in my bros to have them be taken from me.
>>
>>25814410

Bad/lazy story.

XY was disappointing. ORAS was disappointing too, but I never expect much from remakes.

XY's story is weird in that it was worse than previous gens despite having more actual plot in it. DPP's story was shit, but it didn't take up as much space as XY's did. BW's story was good, and my favorite of all the gens, but it wasn't perfect and had tons of flaws.

XY's story was bloated and the worst of both worlds. Constantly in your face, but never amounting to anything worth remembering. BW can't be the pinnacle of Pokemon plots, because while it's the best of all the main games (not saying much) a big franchise like Pokemon needs to do better.

Ideally I'd love to see SM take a new approach to showing story. Make players have to seek it out to piece it together, so people who care about story can look for it, and people just in it for the battling can ignore it.

This whole multi dimension thing they introduced in ORAS, in my opinion, is bad news. I'm worried about how it will appear in SM and future games.
>>
>>25814410
I'm tapping out the second that we get 70 pokemon or less again.
>>
I can't really think of anything specific. But it would have to be pretty bad for me to make the decision to drop it. If I do move on from Pokemon it will probably be a slow process.
>>
>>25814410
I'll never drop the series completely unless they do something stupid and improbable like redesigning the "scary" looking pokemon or changing the battle system.

I also wouldn't mind if there were only a handful of new pokemon next-gen as long as it's more than just new starters + bird + rat + bug + pikaclone + legendary.
But if they reveal all of the new Pokemon again before the game is released, then I won't bother buying it. Instead I'll just watch a Let's Play.

>>25815051
>If they stop adding new Pokemon and instead rely on what they have at that point, that's when I drop it.
I'd rather Game Freak improve the current mons than introduce a hundred more monsters just to fill people's insatiable need for something new.

>Pokemon is an idea with unlimited potential
I agree with this, but as far as monster catching games go, Pokemon has NEVER taken advantage of its potential. Pokemon designs are way too predictable.
If you were like me who grew up with every monster catching game, the only reason you'd pick Pokemon over Digimon, Monster Rancher, etc is because Pokemon games aren't terrible.
>>
>>25817558
Personally, I'm completely fine with the Pokemon games having a very simple story. Writing a long, well thought out story is not GF's strong point, like you said, just look at X/Y and ORAS. That was clearly their attempt it.

I think R/B/Y, G/S/C and D/P/P are the kind of stories GF should keep doing. The stories are quite simple, but they're not convoluted and messy.
B/W had some nice ideas, especially with the whole liberating Pokemon thing. The problem though is that a lot of story starts to feel a lot less like a story about Pokemon when you go that route.
Pokemon has always been about the adventure, a vibrant new world to explore, the battles, the hardships, and of course, the Pokemon, so the story should reflect that too. Nothing too crazy.

I don't think writing about alternate realities is inherently bad because reasons, like a lot of people seem to believe. Could GF pull of it? I highly doubt it. I hope that if it does make a return, it's in the post-game. I want the main game to stay "pure". I want it to be it's own story, and not just ride the coattails of Kalos/ORAS too much.
>>
Give me a plot where the villains are poachers or big business polluting and deforesting the world or both and have the protagonist tasked with restoring balance like the avatar and I'm in.
Another game as hand-holding, rail-roaded, and poorly written as X/Y and I'm done. GF is just fucking stubborn. They hide their laziness behind this "pokemon is for kids" excuse, but enough is enough. A game can be easy enough for kids without being egregious. It's like GF don't play any other games and just design in an echo chamber
>>
>>25818025
>It's like GF don't play any other games and just design in an echo chamber
A PR guy from Sony lost his job for playing a Wii. I'd believe it if they didn't.
>>
>>25817387
Fuck you now that'll be stuck in my head

Persona X Pokemon when
>>
>>25817558
My fav stories were Pt and HGSS, but I agree with everything else
>>
>>25815045
>Using assumptions to argue against assumptions
>>
>>25814410
SJW shit. A non-binary gender option or character, having the main caracter be fat so it's not abusing it's thin privelige, outrightmentions of feminism, etc.
>>
>>25818167
Oh god, now I want this crossover so badly
>>
>>25818316
Fuck, at least if that were to happen I could witness the end of the Pokemon series in a fit of laughter.
>>
Isn't there a theory running around that GF are going to bring pokemon-trainer soul fusing to the main games?

If so, that.
>>
-Fusion (that gen 5 dragon was enough)
-Focus on stupid stories hi gen 5/6 rather than adventure becomes the norm
-No new pokemon or the new pokemon mostly have absolutely bad designs
-SJW pandering
-Explicit furry pandering
>>
>>25814423
>Masuda has been saying since 2005/6 that they've been developing something special.

Also requesting sauce on this and clarification of what he was talking about, when he was saying it etc.

>>25818025
>Another game as hand-holding, rail-roaded, and poorly written as X/Y and I'm done.

I don't know if this would make me drop it, but totally upvoting the rest of your post friendo. Pokemon has never just been for kids, it's always appealed to a wide audience. Thing is, the franchise is now being driven around by a group of business men, and the original passion to create something inspired has evaporated. Now the money making potential is the only important aspect, the more corners they can cut, the more money they can make! And countless devoted fans, as well as newcomers, will continue to provide sales.

We're all fucked.
>>
>>25814431
Starters, Rodent, 2-stage Bird, Mascot with 2 Formes, Magearna?
>>
>>25817437

See I agree that they were nothing more than "fine", but since I have other games to play as well, that's alright with me.
>>
>>25818721
Gen VI suffers from Nintendo Stagnation Syndrome, which has happened to pretty much all of their franchises that have survived into the Wii era.
>>
>>25818811

The problem with this statement is that their biggest franchise doesn't apply to it. Whenever the first big new Mario game gets released for that gen, it's amazing. That's something not even Zelda can claim with fan reception.
>>
>>25818941
>NSMB
>amazing
Now I've heard everything!
>>
Less than 50 new Pokemon, lazy music/graphics, even easier trainers and gyms, or lackluster postgame.
>>
>>25814410
I'm dropping it if Game Freak decides to pull another bullshit move like XY and give us little to no pokedex, "but it's fine guys. There's new forms. We made fusion pokemon (DNA Digivolving) and there's more human pokemon hybrid just like Ash (Biomerge Digivolving). We lost a real pokedex in exchange for mega evolution and it's bullshit. Any more shit like that and I'm done. Hell, if any of the above becomes real I'm out.
>>
>>25818992

NSMB WiiU WAS amazing anon. It's easily the second-best game in the New series, the only one better is 3D world.
>>
File: ViiLG.png (93KB, 973x357px) Image search: [Google]
ViiLG.png
93KB, 973x357px
>>25818811
No Gen VI like all of pokemon suffers from Zelda syndrome. I'm awaiting the time when gen VII comes out and people suddenly come out the woodwork saying they've always loved Gen VI.
>>
Before I came to /vp/ I thought every game was great and I wish I was still stuck in my delusion desu you guys ruined it all with your subsiquent bashing and rightful critique, now I see how flawed they are. XY's only selling point was graphics ORAS was a hoenn remake we begged for, they can't rely on this stuff for Sun and Moon so either they are forced to make a really great game or add another gimmick on top on mega evolution like fusion or super mega evolution something autistic like that
>>25814410
If fusion is added to Sun and Moon I'm dropping it because faggot kids will scream that it's AWSOME XDDD and game freak will listen and pander to them even more
More teens-adults play Pokemon than kids do and I wish game freak would see that
I would also drop if no difficulty setting is added or general difficulty isn't incepreased I finished oras and xy way too fast and gf really needs to do this for older players and challenge kids too so dumbfucks aren't encouraged I shouldn't have to nuzkocke the game just to make it a challenge
>>
>>25818316
being triggered by hypothetical situations that will never be as bad as the ones in your head?

Now which group does this remind me of.....

>>25818992
The only new game that wasnt amazing was he 3DS one

>>25819330
Agreed on fusion and trending it even easier
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.