[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there ever a worse mechanic than specific Feebas tiles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: feeb.png (119KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
feeb.png
119KB, 431x431px
Was there ever a worse mechanic than specific Feebas tiles?
>>
>>25804940
That was great though.
>>
Feebas' evolution method came close.
Feebas in general.
>>
God forbid a Pokemon be rare or at least tough to find instead of "rare" Box legendary 1 per game.
>>
File: 1421118582042.jpg (107KB, 500x721px) Image search: [Google]
1421118582042.jpg
107KB, 500x721px
>>25804950
This
>tfw you finally found one
>tfw you could never figure out how to evolve the ugly fucker
Back when things could be mysteries
>>
sky battles
>>
Team preview
>>
>>25804940
Feebas tiles were great though. What are you talking about?

I remember dedicating a good amount of time on that one tropical route in Sapphire
>Surfing and staying on one tile
>Casting your rod
>Playing the fishing minigame
>"It got away..."
>Finally get fish
>Not a feebas
>Continue to try at that same spot until I got 5 wild encounters
>Feel confident that Feebas isn't there
>Move to next tile over
>repeat

I actually loved this, it felt like I was actively engaged in finding the pokemon that I wanted rather than just getting attacked in the grass. I wanted a Milotic, and I fucking worked for it. There should be more mechanics like this in future games.
>>
>>25804983
Did that even exist in ORAS?
>>
>>25805003
Lolnope
>>
>>25805013
>"lolnope"
holy fuck did you just timetravel from 2007?
>>
>>25804950
This, I can't fathom the amount of "that kid" happenings around the world due to this
>>
>>25804940
I appreciate that it made Feebas a Pokémon that you actually had to make an effort to find, back in the days before you could just ask for anything on the GTS. I wish they'd done more things like that.
>>
specific munchlax honey trees while only being a 1% encounter rate
>>
>>25805019
Didn't you get the memo, Anon? What's old is new. So how about you be a hip cool cat and groove along to what is clearly the bee's knees, daddio. It's the cat's pajamas.

Or you can go ahead and commit a boner by not playing along.
>>
>>25805038
What other pokemon were stupidly hard to find? We had headbutting trees, feebas and honey slathering, was there anything that was a fucking chore to find in Gen 5?
>>
>>25804993
i did it on the river near the weather institute.
i dont see how any of us were supposed to figure out how it evolves though, i cant remember an npc giving a hint, had to use a strategy guide
>>
>>25804983
Came here to post this.
>>
>>25805064
Finding a Pokemon with good/decent HA on Hidden Grottoes (Ditto)

Also, finding Pinsir AND Heracross in both B2 and W2: only appear on Hidden Grottoes, their spawning rates are 0.25 in B2 and 0.75 in W2, Heracross is the same but the rates are exchanged, AND there is a 25% that items respawn instead of Pokemon (most of them invisibles) meaning that you MUST take other 256 steps to respawn anything

For those that have B2/W2 Pinsir and Heracross appear on the Hidden Grotto of Route 23.
>>
>>25807523
*Pinsir spawning rates: 0.25/0.75
*Heracross spaw. rate: 0.75./0.25
>>
>>25805003
Yeah, flying around with latios, you could encounter flocks of birds
>>
>>25805003
Only via Soar if you got into a battle with random flying Pokemon IICR
>>
>>25804960
it was retardedly tedious you faggot.
bet you didn't even catch one.
>>
>>25804940
It wasn't so bad in RSE, they went too far in DPPt though
>>
honey trees
>>
>>25807523
That's fucking retarded and you know it's going to have shit IVs and nature. Best to just get a friend to breed you one and save yourself 20 hours.
>>
>>25804950
>>25804970
>>25804993
autism at it's finest

>>25807636
this is the right answer
>>
>>25807918
Dipshit
>>
>>25807918
Fuckface
>>
You had to deserve that Milotic
>>
>>25810137
Mega Milotic is gonna be even harder to access!
>>
>>25807611
>>25807623
It wasn't the same because you could use whatever Pokémon you wanted in those battles, while Sky battles were retardedly restricted to Pokémon whose models were hovering.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.