[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Timeline theories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: bullshit.png (2MB, 1280x943px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
2MB, 1280x943px
I disagree

Share your theories, there is mine

1) Remakes are placed in a parallel universe, that explains geographic changes and new types, in their universe they weren't spastic

2) Dark, Steel and Fairy type do exist. The reason of why they are unknown is bc they were discovered(duh) and each region has his own researches.
Although in Kanto bite is a normal-type move, in Hoenn it is Dark-type bc they found it(as well as johto found it 3 years later)

3) Mega evolution is well known by professors and scientists (mr.fuji knew it 6 years before but was theorical). Only Kalos mastered it centuries ago, and was kept as a secret, but eventually raised and other regions started researching.

4)¿What about yellow, emerald, crystal and platinum? Their own universe. Starting in yellow and ending in their Kalos. Third versions happen in their own world.

"But using universes as argument is very mediocre". I know, but the game itself does it. When you "trade" with someone from X and you are playing Y, you are trading with an alternative version of you, in their own world. Delta episode proves it, several dialogues proves it, it is mediocre, but explains why in my world dialga is the main menace and in another is palkia or even giratina.

Thoughts? roast it if you want.
>>
timelines are retarded shit for the games, multiple timelines doubly so

the worst thing GF did this gen was acknowledge timeline fanwankery
>>
Idk man I am completely content with not trying to put all the pieces together because (other than the fact that they're translated, often not perfectly, from Japanese) they are just video games with honestly what seems like little regard for some kind of larger, universal continuity. I'm not claiming that there's absolutely no way that there could be some sort of intended continuity, but it seems unlikely. Also that seems like a pretty complex headcanon OP, hope you're feeling alright.
>>
>>25799605
every game in this video is take place in the original timeline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzDL1l3Fag
>>
File: Timeline-1.jpg (116KB, 343x1307px) Image search: [Google]
Timeline-1.jpg
116KB, 343x1307px
>>
Alternate timelines are just an in-universe way to explain why new mechanics are in an "old" game.
>>
>>25799605
>Delta episode proves it, several dialogues proves it,
What are the dialogues and Delta plot points that prove it?
>>
File: multiverse guide.png (2MB, 1344x4873px) Image search: [Google]
multiverse guide.png
2MB, 1344x4873px
>>25799605
>pic talks about dimensions
>OP says "timeline theories"
If you don't know what you're talking about you better not say anything anon.
Here are the facts we know about the different universes(not timelines since time travel only appears in HGSS).
>>
Why do people still put X/Y with OR/AS? I know they're the same gen, but OR/AS is clearly the different timeline. X/Y occurs at the end of the timeline started by the third gen. Everything is a new discovery, or Megas are confined to Kalos, and only a handful of people know about it.
>>
>>25801643
That only means that ORAS happens after Kalos.
>>
>>25801643
The only other universe mentioned by Zinnia is one where there's no mega evolution in Hoenn. It says nothing about XY.

literally the pic above you.
>>
>>25801660
Oh. That would make X/Y the only thing on it's timeline, even though it reputedly exists on the same time frame as B/W2. It's the 3rd timeline, and OR/AS is the 4th.
>>
>>25801687
>timeline
we're talking about universes

> That would make X/Y the only thing on it's timeline, even though it reputedly exists on the same time frame as B/W2
No, Zinnia said there's another universe with a HOENN without mega evolution. Said nothing about Unova and Kalos.

Use the information you're given.
>>
>>25801700
OR/AS retcons the matter Fairy was a recent discovery and now knowledge of Megas exists outside of Kalos. IT IS A SEPARATE TIMELINE FROM X/Y. As for the semantics, different timeline IS a different universe to me. X/Y exists on it's own and OR/AS exists on it's own...for now.
>>
>>25801714
>OR/AS retcons the matter
retcon!=making a new universe

>was a recent discovery and now knowledge of Megas exists outside of Kalos
That just means the writing is inconsistent, not that there's another universe because you want it to make sense.

>As for the semantics, different timeline IS a different universe to me.
Your opinion does not matter here. They are different concepts so apply them correctly. Specially when discussing a franchise that has time travel.
>>
>>25801732
Yes, it does. The events of the former are no longer possible, so that means everything is different now. Also, time and space are one and the same. Time travel does not need to take place to tell me that time is effectively taking a different turn here. All realities are just a different statement of events happening in a different way. True, they can also involve all physical laws being altered, but who said physics had to come out the same way all the time, too? Yes, even the formation of the universe itself is subject to time splits. Everything that can be imagined or is beyond imagination is possible in some version of reality.
>>
>>25801788
>The events of the former are no longer possible, so that means everything is different now.
That means the writing is inconsistent, never has it been said the explanation for that is another universe, you just made them up.

> Also, time and space are one and the same.
Which is irrelevant here

> Time travel does not need to take place to tell me that time is effectively taking a different turn here.
No, it can also be because the entire universe is fundamentally different.

>All realities are just a different statement of events happening in a different way.
If there's only time travel yeah, it's practically the same. This is not the case. Another universe means the universe is fundamentally different(there can even be no time or space in another universe, or no mega evolutions).

>True, they can also involve all physical laws being altered, but who said physics had to come out the same way all the time, too?
That's literally my point anon, read your own statement.
>>
>>25801933
The instance where time and space do not exist is essentially chaos. It literally defies definition because it has none. I suppose you've got me there, the games are clearly one of these instances.
>>
>>25799605
Still hate this

>>25801625
This anon again. Good to know I'm not alone in thinking this
>>
>>25801989
>The instance where time and space do not exist is essentially chaos.
For our limited knowledge of the universe, yeah.
>>
File: image.jpg (367KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
367KB, 600x450px
FRLG/Emerald --> HGSS/Platinum
--> BW --> BW2 (ends at the PWT)

It's not hard you guys. You'll find peace and happiness when you just pretend gen 6 doesn't exist at all.
>>
>>25802008
If you're saying time and space aren't organized anyway, then that's probably also true. Unfortunately, you're not going to convince this board of that, since EVERYTHING HAS TO BE THIS OR IT DOESN'T EXIST.
>>
>>25801625
FRLG, HGSS, Pt, BW and BW2 wouldn't take place in the same universe as XY and ORAS since Mega-Evolution doesn't exist in those games. Although events similar to the events that happened in those games would have occurred in the mega-evolution timeline (they just haven't made those games yet).
>>
>>25802189
Just because it isnt mentioned doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Many things that arent talked about where you live right now exist in the world anon.

In fact, the regions having different pokedexes are an example of that
>>
The way I like to think of it is that every single save file is a completely different universe. There's one universe where my rival is called Blue, one universe where my rival is called DICKS, one universe where I pick Charmander, one universe where I pick Squirtle, etc.

It would explain why a single save file is able to have multiple versions of the same legendary Pokemon (since one legendary exists in every universe but you trade over the second legendary from another universe).
>>
>>25802244
If Mega-Evolution did exist in those games, then it would have certainly been looked into. You can't use the excuse that Mega-Evolution is a Kalos-only thing either, since ORAS has it too.

Events similar to the ones that happened in those games DID happen, but it wasn't the exact events that you played through in those games. So there was a kid named Red who disbanded Team Rocket in Kanto, but it wasn't necessarily the exact events of FRLG.
>>
>>25802295
And there's no reason it hasnt been. Remember that you didnt become the centre of the universe until Gen V. Lots of stuff definitely did happen and you didnt see it.

Using in-game evidence again, every town in BW2 existed during BW, you just couldnt go to them. Team Plasma was stealing stuff in Aspertia City and an old man in Lentimas said he lived there his whole life.
>>
File: SKINNER.gif (84KB, 277x206px) Image search: [Google]
SKINNER.gif
84KB, 277x206px
>all this fucking timeline nonsense

WHY? WHYYYY?

These are fucking children's games. They simply take place one after the other, while the original games (R/B/Yellow, G/S/C, R/S/E) are erased from the timeline because they got remade. The storylines of these games take place whenever the fucking remake comes out, while the original never happened.

Whether or not some games happen at the same time as eachother is besides the point, and the fact that B/W2 use the original Hoenn designs from 2002 in the PWT is just a continuity mistake that cannot be avoided.

No parallel universes, no fucking parallel timelines, nothing. The games start at Fire Red and Leafgreen, continue through with HG/SS, Diamond and Pearl and B/W and all that, and end at OR/AS. That's it. I don't care what any crazy developer says, it makes sense that way and that's the way it should be.
>>
>>25802342
>Remember that you didnt become the centre of the universe until Gen V.
You literally prevented a region from eternal drought/drizzle in gen 3. You prevented the world from being destroyed and reborn in gen 4. I think it's safe to say that you're the centre of the universe.

Besides, if RSE are in a universe with no mega-evolution then how can games like Platinum and HGSS have mega-evolution? I'm not saying that those games never happened, it's just that the games that take place in the XYORAS timeline haven't been made yet.
>>
>>25802404
isnt it pretty much confimed that rse and rby take place at roughly the same time ?
And I am a hundred percent sure that the Red Gyarados from gse makes the news in Dppt
>>
Multiverse in my Headcanon:

> Red/Blue/Green universe
A world without Megas and Dark/Steel Types, the VR version release this year was that universe version(Also maybe this was the universe that in Delta they have the plan to send the meteorite).

> Yellow--> Gold/Silver
In that universe , Aredia don't repare the PC and still is fucking bullshit, Brendan/May maybe don't travel to Hoen.

> Yellow--> Cristal--> Rubi/Saphire --> Pearl/Diamond :
Brendan/May travel to Hoen , they don't go to the pilar and see rayquaza, this is the universe pre-Platinum

> Yellow--> HGSS --> Emerald --> Diamond --> Black --> Black 2
> Yellow--> HGSS --> Emerald --> Diamond --> White --> White 2
Similar universes, no megas, rayquaza incident, no war, and other shit

> Origin--> ???? --> XY --> ORAS --> Delta
Universes with megas, Sun and Moon 90% will be in this universe.Maybe Sinnoh and teselia event didn't happen.
>>
>>25802417

>isnt it pretty much confimed that rse and rby take place at roughly the same time?

As long as they've been remade, they're non canon as far as I'm concerned.

>And I am a hundred percent sure that the Red Gyarados from gse makes the news in Dppt

As far as I'm concerned, G/S/C never happened, and the reported Red Gyrados is simply the one found in HG/SS
>>
>>25802404
>end at OR/AS
That's impossible. Mr Bonding was formed in ORAS, so it must have taken place before XY.

And it's really not that difficult to understand, there's one set of universes where Mega-Evolution exists (gen 6+), one set of universes where it doesn't exist (gen 3-5) and one set of universes where everything is 8-bit. That's why all the legendaries in ORAS had themes from the original games, they were taken from that universe.
>>
>>25802442
Jesus christ dude same shit, you are just nitpicking
>>
>>25802404
>nonsense
It's not really nonsensical, it's the pokemon fanbase that makes it more complicated than it actually is.

> while the original never happened.
ORAS literally states RSE did.

>No parallel universes, no fucking parallel timelines, nothing.
They literally stated there are in Gen 5 and 6. And you are seen travelling in time in HGSS.

>>25802411
>Besides, if RSE are in a universe with no mega-evolution then how can games like Platinum and HGSS have mega-evolution?
There has been no statement on the matter. Mega evolution may or may not exist there, juts because you didnt see it doesnt mean it isnt real. There's lots of shit happening IRL now that wont really affect me or you. Doesnt mean they didnt happen.
>>
File: official timeline.png (31KB, 640x284px) Image search: [Google]
official timeline.png
31KB, 640x284px
>>25802411
True, but it was more like being swept up into a larger thing rather than seeing it happen before you from the very beginning. Not harping on later Gens, I love Gen V, but I just noticed the change.

>Besides, if RSE are in a universe with no mega-evolution then how can games like Platinum and HGSS have mega-evolution

Simple. RSE doesnt have Megas because ORAS exists. It's the most recent version of that story, and thus, the correct one. If we get updated versions of Platinum and HGSS, then those will be the outdated ones.

If we get sequels to those games moving forward though (which is what I expect since I doubt Gamefreak will remake one game twice) then HGSS and Platinum will remain the canon version of those events.

>>25802420
Is there a reason people separate XY from BW2?
>>
>>25802442
> they're non canon as far as I'm concerned.
RSE has been stated to be canon.
>>
>>25802443

>That's impossible. Mr Bonding was formed in ORAS, so it must have taken place before XY.

Well then OR/AS takes place before X/Y does, or at roughly the same time. Just like how HG/SS take place slightly before D/P/P (hence the Red Gyrados report)

>universes where everything is 8-bit

No, no. That universe doesn't need to exist when their stories are remade to fit in the actual timeline. And plus, stuff like designs and music can't be evidence of other timelines. Zelda's artstyle and designs change all the time, even with games that take place 2 years apart.
>>
>>25802443
>(gen 6+)
It was never stated G6 happened without G4,5 and FRLG

> and one set of universes where everything is 8-bit
It was never stated that Gen 1 and 2 are canon

>That's why all the legendaries in ORAS had themes from the original games, they were taken from that universe.
>using gameplay to discuss lore
Didnt know the pokemon world had a permanent music that switches when you change routes. Oh and the pokegear changes the Universe's music I guess.
>>
>>25802466
>>25802457

Please stop taking some silly dialogue from an NPC seriously. It was likely added just as a bone throw for timeline fags. Everything makes perfect sense without ANY of the original games (all the Gameboy classic, color, and Advance games bar FR/LG) taking place. It's fucking retarded beyond words.
>>
>>25802480
Oh please, let's not bring Zelda into this. I'm pretty sure everyone would be happier with all the games not being related to each other at all.
>>
>>25802501
>Please stop taking some silly dialogue from an NPC seriously.
>please stop taking an actual source from information from the actual games seriously
I guess I should take the word of a random anon.

> It was likely added just as a bone throw for timeline fags.
Which doesnt really matter.

> Everything makes perfect sense without ANY of the original games (all the Gameboy classic, color, and Advance games bar FR/LG) taking place.
It also makes sense as it is. AND we have the benefit of RSE still being canon.

>It's fucking retarded beyond words.
Nah, you just need actual reading comprehension.
>>
>>25802482
>It was never stated G6 happened without G4,5 and FRLG
I never said that the events of those games never happened. I'm just saying that the events portrayed in those games aren't EXACTLY what happened in the gen 6+ universe. If Game Freak decide to remake the other Pokemon games then those games will take place in this new timeline parallel to where the original games took place in the other timeline. I'm not implying that Red never disbanded Team Rocket, or that N never faced off with Hilbert/Hilda in this gen 6+ timeline.

>It was never stated that Gen 1 and 2 are canon
It was never stated that Gen 1 and 2 were not canon. Besides, it's pretty much confirmed that Hoopa's rings caused legendary Pokemon from other universes to appear in ORAS. So it's not unreasonable to suggest that the GSC theme for the legendary beasts implies that they're from the GSC universe.
>>
>>25802502
Zelda's timeline is actually super simple and makes complete sense outside probably like, 1 or 2 small inconsistencies.
>>
>>25802588
>I never said that the events of those games never happened. I'm just saying that the events portrayed in those games aren't EXACTLY what happened in the gen 6+ universe.
[citation needed]

>. If Game Freak decide to remake the other Pokemon games then those games will take place in this new timeline parallel to where the original games took place in the other timeline.
And if GF decides to make new games that are in a standalone timeline they will be since they can do whatever they want.
If and when those supposed games are released then you can bring those up. Now use the information you've been given.

>It was never stated that Gen 1 and 2 were not canon.
They were remade and no references to them were made ever again. Any reference aimed at Gen 1 and 2 was later changed to Gen 3 or 4.

>, it's pretty much confirmed that Hoopa's rings caused legendary Pokemon from other universes to appear in ORAS. So it's not unreasonable to suggest that the GSC theme for the legendary beasts implies that they're from the GSC universe.
All Gen 1 and 2 legendaries existed in Gen 3.
>>
>>25802502
There's nothing complex about the Zelda timeline. At the end of OoT, Zelda sends Link back to relive his childhood. In the timeline where Link is sent back, they manage to arrest Ganondorf and try to execute him (then TP happens). In the other timeline, no Hero of Time exists. So no-one can stop Ganondorf and the goddesses have to flood Hyrule. The "hero fails" timeline isn't really a timeline as such, it's more like a "what-if" scenario if the player fails during OoT.
>>
You know, at this rate, I'm tired of everyone pretending they have no capacity for reason at all. Let's just drop this whole mess and never speak of it again.
>>
>>25802515

I get it. Okay, I fucking understand It. I never said it wasn't able to be understood.

But the entire CONCEPT behind ''alternate universes''/timelines'' is insane. This isn't like Zelda where it's a 'legend' and the games sort of do their own thing while having a few hundred years apart. ''What if'' situations can WORK there because there literally was a fucking point in which the timeline split.

This is POKEMON. Characters from other games appear in games, games take 2 years after other games, etc. These are real time events happening in a world that's split into regions, not ''what ifs''

Why in god's name would there be an ''8-bit timeline''? do you think Game Freak really thinks that way? If something is replaced, its replaced. It's dead. We can still enjoy the games, even if they're ''non-canon''.
>>
>>25802620
>mess
You have no capacity of reason at all.

>>25802623
>ut the entire CONCEPT behind ''alternate universes''/timelines'' is insane.
Nigga, there's nothing insane about it. There's even a physics theory about.

Everything else is what I've been saying.
>>
>>25802638
No one is going to agree anyway. There's no point.
>>
>>25802647
Then why even post in this thread?
>>
>>25802623
Every single game is a "what if" scenario. What if Team Aqua were bad and Team Magma were good? What if Team Magma were bad and Team Aqua were good? What if both teams were bad?

There's no point trying to take continuity too seriously, you just assume that the rough events of the older games takes place sometime in the past. There's no point relying on NPC dialogue since Steven references the fucking anime in ORAS.
>>
>>25802681
>bringing that Steven quote
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_cross-canon_references
>>
>>25802613
>It's not really a "what if" since it happened. The details are just left deliberately murky.

The fan agreement is that since Zelda sends you back with the Ocarina rather than the Master Sword at the end of OoT, she sent you to a new child timeline, leaving the original with no Link to stop Ganondorf.

>>25802681
wait.....he does?
>>
You know, with that kind of attitude, it's only a matter of time before you disprove EVERYTHING in the games, and what then? What is pokemon?
>>
>>25802813
It's one of the worst things about this fanbase, people think their shitty headcanon is more important that the actual content.
>>
>>25802894
No, the worst thing is that no one knows if anyone is telling the truth on whether they're for or against that.
>>
File: a working man's timeline.png (342KB, 826x444px) Image search: [Google]
a working man's timeline.png
342KB, 826x444px
Is this timeline okay for everyone? If there are any genuine errors, please let me know. I need to make sure I haven't missed anything important.
>>
>>25803319
The game explicitly states that multiple universes exist though. There's no point trying to make an "accurate" single timeline if you're going to completely ignore a major plot point.
>>
>>25803336

''That's right. A Hoenn region that's exactly like the one we live in. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokemon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolutions are unkown''

So a theory proposed by some NPC, which is, at the most, a reference the writers threw in as an easter egg, is the game ''explicitly stating''?

The game never explicitly said anything. The GameBoy Color you get from Game Freak studios in HG/SS isn't proof of anything, so why should this? It's nonsense.
>>
>>25803438
I think speculation from a NPC in-game holds more weight then some random person's fanfiction.
>>
>>25803524

>random person's fanfiction

So trying to simplify shit and look at the evidence that's there instead of doing this kind of nonsense
>>25799605
is ''fanfiction''? fucking wow. Game Freak doesn't give two shits about timelines or any of this kind of stuff. If you want to cling on to some vague NPC to over complicate things, then fine. But don't try and persuade me otherwise.
>>
>>25803319
I actually like this. Did FRLG reference the Hoenn games though? Because I'm sure something should reference the hoenn games happening before Gen 4

Although I'm sure that pokemon staffer posted the timeline with X and Y happening with BW2
>>
>>25803319
>timeline
There's your first mistake, you're describing universes.

Also, RSE are nowhere to be seen, you're just describing possible universes where ORAS took place.

Other than that is fine.
>>
>>25803438
> theory
She said she observed it though.
>>
>>25803752
A side-quest in FRLG is about being able to communicate to Hoenn (it's there to allow trade with RS games).
>>
I'm going to put it this way: if the canon refuses to be consistent, then I'm not trusting it in any fashion.
>>
>>25804941
Then like another franchise.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.