[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All of these are rock types because: a. Only rock types leave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: fossil_pokemon_by_jack_s_hale.png (440KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
fossil_pokemon_by_jack_s_hale.png
440KB, 1000x600px
All of these are rock types because:

a. Only rock types leave bones strong enough to be fossilized
b. They "acquired" the rock type as a side effect from the resurrection
c. None of the above.

In case of answer c, what is your theory?
>>
C It's just a quirky game design thing, with no real lore-related reason.
>>
>>25795232
A makes a lot of sense, actually.
B implies they changed from what/how they were, i presume?
>>
>>25795232
how about

d. fossils are literally rocks
>>
File: MEME2015-12-27-11-21-31.jpg (210KB, 720x470px) Image search: [Google]
MEME2015-12-27-11-21-31.jpg
210KB, 720x470px
>>25795365
>fossils are literally rocks
>implying fossil pokemon are still literal rocks
Rocks don't have measrable sentience, moron. Nor do they have magical powers.
Fucking hippy
>>
>>25795232
Fossils are rocks, it's a game for children
>>
>>25795232

>b. They "acquired" the rock type as a side effect from the resurrection

That's the one I always assumed, though that doesn't mean some of the Fossil Pokemon couldn't have actually been Rock-type back in ancient times, such as is likely the case with Rampardos.

Everything about Cradily, for example, from its Pokedex entries to the real-world basis of its design, suggests that it was likely once Grass/Water. I could see Kabutops being Bug/Water.

In all likelihood though this will never actually be confirmed or denied, unless other Fossil Pokemon start getting megas that revert them to their "original" typing (which would presumably mean Aerodactyl has always been Rock/Flying).
>>
>>25795546
>rocks don't have sentience
Yeah but what about Pokemon that are just rocks, like Geodude.
>>
>>25795232
id think they aquire rock type as a side effect of fossilisation
>>
>>25795546
what is onix
what is geodude
what is gigalith
what is literally every rock type pokemon made of rock
>>
File: consider_the_following2.jpg (127KB, 713x918px) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following2.jpg
127KB, 713x918px
>>25795695

Geodude is actually just the juvenile stage of a terrakinetic reptile that uses its power to encase itself in a shell of loose earth and stone until it reaches maturity (Golem), at which point its real arms, legs, and head break through the outer protective layer.
>>
It's just a side effect of being revived from a fossil, except for Tirtouga who was already Water/Rock and that's why it is only secondarily Rock.
>>
If B looks like the more consistent answer, let's jump to the next question:

What would be the "original" typing of these pokémon? Could Aerodactyl be, I don't know, Flying/Dragon, maybe?
>>
>>25795232
C. Rock was the first type to develop in non-legendaries, ergo anything older than a certain age is likely at least part rock, with that likelihood increasing the further you go back.

If it was A, steel would leave bones too, no?
>>
>>25796142
>Omastar
Either Pure Water of possibly Water/Rock depending on the composition of the shell

>Kabutops
Possibly Bug/Water

>Aerodactyl
Rock/Flying, if the Mega is to go by as the original forme

>Cradily
Grass/Water

>Armaldo
Bug/Water (based on sea animals, learns water moves by level up)

>Rampardos
I'm thinking Pure Normal

>Bastiodon
Pure Steel

>Archeops
Possibly Dragon/Flying since it learns a lot of dragon moves by level up. Maybe Normal/Flying

>Carracosta
Water/Rock. It literally has a rocky armor all over its dick

>Tyrantrum
Pure Dragon

>Aurorus
The original defensive pure Ice type. No wonder it went exctint
>>
>>25796458
Very interesting theory, actually.
>>
>>25795232
Rock types look like shit except for fossilmons and Solrok/Lunatone so I'm going with "b"
>>
>Fossilmons could have gotten mega-evolutions that reverted them back to their original forms
>Mega-Aerodactyl ruined this opportunity
>>
File: spooked.png (137KB, 315x252px) Image search: [Google]
spooked.png
137KB, 315x252px
>>25796476

>Archeops
>Possibly Dragon/Flying since it learns a lot of dragon moves by level up. Maybe Normal/Flying

>Mfw Archeops was once a "regional bird" of the ancient world.
>>
>>25796619
It was the first regional bird, and first bird in general. I think Normal/Flying is a good fit
>>
>>25795736
Is soodowoodo a rock?
>>
File: not-a-lesbian-chan thinking.jpg (23KB, 510x516px) Image search: [Google]
not-a-lesbian-chan thinking.jpg
23KB, 510x516px
>>25795232
>a. Only rock types leave bones strong enough to be fossilized
Well half of these don't have bones. And it doesn't look like pure rock types like geodude or onix have them either. They wouldn't need them either way.

Plus when it comes to fossilization the nature of the organism doesn't matter as much as how it was preserved. That's why we have plant and bacteria fossils, which don't have skeleton. And in pokemon you have the Old Amber, no aerodactyl bones there just its blood. So it really doesn't matter how strong its bones were.

>b. They "acquired" the rock type as a side effect from the resurrection
It's probably this. There's no reason for Archeops and the reptiles to be rock other than being fossils. It just like Relicanth which is rock because living fossil.

As for the other ones. You could say that for example, Omanyte/star and Kabuto/ps are genuinely rock type because of their exoskeleton, just like Corsola, Magcargo, Barbaracle and Dwebble. But then you have Krabby, Corphish, Clamperl, Samurott, Slowbro and Cloyster which are not rock type despite having one. Same with Carracosta and the other turtles/tortoises.

So answer B. It's pokemon resurrection I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>25796985
did you even read its pokedex entry?>>25796985
>>
Where's Rock Man?
>>
File: rock man.png (92KB, 303x347px) Image search: [Google]
rock man.png
92KB, 303x347px
>>25797808
>>
>>25795760
I like where you're head's at
>>
>>25796520
How can you say with certainty that isn't Aerodactyl's original form?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.