[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: question for Gen VI fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Gen 6.png (723KB, 614x596px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 6.png
723KB, 614x596px
y'know, we always see hate for gen VI, but i never see anyone ever defend it, or say it's their favorite gen. i have to ask you guys who really do love Gen VI: why do you like this gen? it's widley regarded to being the worst gen so far, and has some good reasons for being so. this isn't a thread to shit on your taste, and if it sounds like that, i'm sorry. I just want to know why you see Gen VI as the best gen? or hell, not even your favorite, just why do you like it?
>>
>>25786819
It's not my favorite and I do agree with most of the flaws brought up. No battle frontier, casualization, lowered difficulty (NOT exp share, that is an invalid claim), and so on are issues that prevent this from being as good as gens 4 and 5 in my eyes.
That being said, the games are still extremely fun. My first time playing ORAS I was convinced it would wind up being my favorite pokemon game. Now perhaps I say that about every game when it's the newest in the series and I'm playing it for the first time, but the point is that gen 6 still brings that same basic sense of enjoyment that has made every game since red and blue worth playing.
>>
>>25786819
I hate gen 6 but i can acknowledge some of its good points

>amazing pacing up until second gym
>character customization--shame about the choices
>lumiose was cool
>easy breeding mechanics+inherited balls, ability capsules
>hotel richissime theme
>gave us hawlucha, noivern, dragalge, greninja and aegislash
>nice e4 theme
>malva
>>
>>25788240
This. Pokemon games are fun.
>>
I personally like the fact that eventhough it had a small roster of new mons, the ratio of good:shit was really really good. I really liked most of the new things introduced. Legendaries were also pretty cool (yes even Zygarde).

Also as a non-competitive player till this point, it gave me the chance to attempt at competitive level of play by making breeding competitive mons really really easy.

Overall definitely one of my favorite gens, but not my favorite. Gen III a best
>>
>>25786819
Well, it has all of the pokemon and moves from previous gens plus a lot more. So that's definitely a plus. I like the 3D models, especially because of what is made possible by having them instead of 2D sprites. I like being able to pet my pokemon in Pokemon Amie. It's really cute. And Kalos may be linear, but it looks and feels nice. Plus, the non-linear regions would still mostly be completed in a specific order because of the level scaling anyway. I don't mind the lack of Battle Frontier. There's online modes now. If I want to fight cheap AI, there's the Maison. And the fact that it's easy doesn't bother me. They're all easy. And Gen 1 is the easiest, so that's how the series started out anyway. Seems kind of silly to get mad about that now. It's not a new flaw.
>>
>>25786819
No. It's just a mix between us being contrarian faggots and overly high expectatives. It was a nice addition that helped a lot of people to come back to the Pokemon fever, including me and several real life friends who I had many battles with.
It had many good ideas and a lot of potential, but exploited not in the best way, like Mega Evolutions and the plot itself.

Now, like >>25788259 said, it seems that the games suffered from having being rushed. Like when the games were done until the Mega Evolution Tower somebody scared the developers with a calendar and made the rest the game in some few weeks, turns with extra hours and lots of coffee.

If you find the games too easy, turn off the Share Exp you're given at the beginning of the game, don't use wild Pokemon to grind and don't use Mega Lucario if you want some extra challenge.

Objectively speaking, the games worth being played. They aren't the best Game Freak has produced (which, in my opinion, was Gen 2), but they aren't astonishing either.
>>
>>25786819
Its the first game I've really played since HGSS and I quite enjoyed it. The gaps between the first and second gym were noticably long and most of my 'mons had leveled beyond a point where they'd listen to me by the time I got there, but afterwards it was smooth sailing, really. That was pretty much the only hiccup besides Lumiose City's abhorrent camera nonsense.

I thought the plot was decent, and there was some great characters (Prof. Sycamore, you sultry french bastard). Despite the small number of new 'mons there was still a bunch I really liked, even if they're "shit" for competitive battling.

I'm not sure if I'd call it my favourite Gen. I don't know if I even have a favourite. I just enjoyed it. It was fun. Plain n' simple.
>>
>>25786819
Gen 5 literally made me quit. I grew up on Gens 1-3 and loved them all. Gen 4 was good but not as good and it felt like Gen 5 came out super soon after. And when I saw the crappy designs of the new pokemon and legendaries (about 7 of them have grown on me), I raged and quit. About 8 months ago nostalgia got the best of me and I watched YouTube videos of XY and ORAS and thought it looked really cool and revamped. So I got a 2ds and Y. Instantly had a blast. I liked that the formula was mixed up and I felt like they were starting to try to actually build a world. I liked the character customization, the majority of the new pokemon designs, and the nice mix of old pokemon that I used to use when I was a kid. And I liked the exp share so I could level 2 and a half teams worth to use whoever I wanted whenever I felt like it. My only complaints about XY are none of the starters really appeal to me, and dat power plant. I love the direction it's taking the games and it's in my top 3 favorite.
>>
OP here, really liking the feedback from the thread so far, but i'm really liking it so far. I also feel that gen 6 gets wayyyyy too much hate on this site. But this is coming from a guy who's fave gen is V, so i kinda feel a kingship of shared hatred between both gen 5&6.
>>
I'm one of those people who really didnt like Gen 6 for every reason usually stated, but I do really like the overworld. To an extent.

Kalos had fantastic caves with neat ideas and looks. Mirror Cave being the best.

Hoenn had a nice overworld and I dont mind the Minecraft tiles look either. Even if the mountain tiles do suck.
>>
XY I think is pretty weak with a region that has no real cohesive feeling to it design wise, the whole sharp seasonal changes in each compass direction makes it feel really disjointed, and the pacing is pretty fucking whack. It's mediocre, I'd say, with the only thing really propping it up above that was all the new features and such that come with a new generation, but that's the case for every one I'd say. A XY2 or Z could've fixed it, the former fixing the pace with a new campaign through the region, or the latter potentially making the region feel more unified like Platinum giving Sinnoh a more distinct feeling, but that never quite happened.

ORAS is more clearly flawed, with the cutting or dumbing down of some areas compared to even the original RS, but I'd still say it's a much better game than XY for what it does do right with little QoL things and polishing on some aspects of RSE despite its missteps. Definitely could've been better though.
>>
I only like gen 6 because they fixed the disgusting sprites from gen 5 and made them pretty again. Serious gen 5 was unplayable they were so goddamn ugly
>>
>>25786819
>it's widley regarded to being the worst gen so far
ITT: /vp/ is the entire fabase
>>
>>25790331
Love this meme.
>>
widley ridley didley
>>
>>25786819
I like the Pokemon and I've warmed up to Mega Evolution.
In the end, that's all anyone is going to take from this Gen. Pokemon is the only factor I even use to decide which gens I like and which I don't because everything else will be irrelevant within a couple years when the mechanics and region change again.

I don't really see why anyone judges these games for anything outside of Pokemon design and gameplay. Those are the only things that we take from it. If you're interested in the story or characters, then we have nothing to take about because I don't watch anime, especially for little kids, and that's what the stories in these games always is.
>>
>>25791079
Nigger what the fuck is this trip, who the fuck is Ida Randolph?
>>
>>25790059
I agree with this 100%.
>>
>>25786819
Can't say I'm 100% happy with it but XY is far from being my least favorite game in the series. I'd say the main aspect I enjoy so far is how easy and broaded the online communications are now. Merging pokecenter with pokeshop was something that needed to be done long ago, and making all the online features accessible from any point is an essential upgrade for a community game like this, not to mention the battle box.

The story had potential and I appreciated the darker tones it explored with Pokémon genocide and resurrection of the dead, even though ultimately it's driven by boring characters. Only Lysandre and maybe AZ were any good out of the whole cast, but I was happy with the ending and presentation of certain parts.
Kinda sucks that Geosenge village gets ruined permanently because of silly story reasons.

Overall it feels rewarding to play. Lots of Pokémon to catch and train, items are hidden all over the region and encourage exploration, almost every town has something important in it that makes you want to revisit. The content is plentiful and managed almost perfectly.

It's true this game really did need something like Z or X2Y2. There are so many things that made me go "WHY would they do this, it's awful", like unremovable skates. Could have become one of my top favorites in the series if all the minor flaws were addressed. There are a lot of them and they really get in the way of XY becoming a much better experience.
>>
>>25790059
>you guys who really love Gen VI

Gtfo
>>
XY
>Small batch of new Pokemon are all excellent designs.
>Mega-Evolution powered up old bros who needed it and revived interest in more obscure mons
>Huge regional Pokedex that increases replayability since it's very easy to have completely different teams every time. I've done multiple mono-type playthroughs of X.
>Glorious 3D overworld and models has been my childhood dream since seeing my Pokebros in Stadium. The new look is a bigger graphical improvement than any previous new gen. 5 looked very similar to 4.
>Online communication has been streamlined
>Pre-release hype and excess nostalgia-bait got some of my friends re-interested in the series after gen 5 pushed all the normies away. Gave me more people to play with IRL
>First half of the game feels huge and exploratory, with lots to do between gyms and tons of characters to meet and Pokemon to catch.
>Breeding and Hidden Abilities made more accessible

ORAS
>most of the above + revisiting my favorite region ever. Felt like I was seeing Hoenn as I imagined it at 9 years old.
>most fun Pokemon catching has ever been between DexNav, Soaring and all the Islands.
>took my sweet time training a huge variety of Pokemon throughout the story. Clocked like 60 hours by the time I beat the e4.
>More involving plot increased the adventure-feeling of the game.
>Most fun I've had playing Pokemon since GSC when I was in elementary school.
>>
XY had some good things. As did ORAS.

>customization
thought it had limitations
>Lumiose City
>Battle Chateau
>Restaurants
>First game in 3D
>Soaring
>Breeding/balltism overhaul
>Contests
>Some of the Mega Pokemon made older, obsolete pokemon relevant again.

However, the flaws quickly added up too.

>Towns
There is little cohesion with towns and cities. It looks like there are a bunch of places just randomly inserted onto the map. It felt like Super Mario. Here's a snow level, here's a desert, here's a field, tunnel, spooky woods, etc. Some of the past games have been able to have distinct areas that still feel like an natural extension of the region. While Kalos was meant to look large it felt really small.

>Rivals
Way, way too many. Way too friendly. This started in Black and White but really went overboard in Gen 6. It would be nice to see a return to a dedicated NPC rival and a friendly trainer who is the gender that the player didn't choose.

>Difficulty
Lots of hand holding. Gym leaders were total push overs. There was no real challenge.

>Story
Had potential but became another ridiculous over the top plot from a lackluster regional team.

>Megas
In theory, great. Poor execution. Some of the Megas were given to mons who didn't need a boost.

>Pokedex
Kalos dex was very limited. While it gave some good pokemon, I find a lot of them to be forgettable.

I don't hate Gen VI. I will play a pokemon main game regardless. It isn't my favorite gen but it is not my least either. I wonder if a Z or XY2 game could have fixed some of the issues I had with it.

Still, cautiously optimistic about Sun/Moon and whatever else Gen VII brings.
>>
>>25786819
Isn't last gen always the worst gen? When gen 5 was announced gen 4 was the worst, when gen 6 was announced gen 5 was the worst. Now that we are heading into gen 7 gen 6 is considered the worst. This is what the fandom does every gen.
>>
Legit multiplayer with stuff like PSS was my dream come true. I don't care as much about postgame either, and the Dexnav + Soaring were my favorite features in the series.

The only thing that makes me scared for Sun/Moon is shit like GO.
>>
>>25786819
It's not my favourite, it's not my least favourite. But it's hard to heap praise on it without Z. Pokemon has always been at its best in the third versions, and the lack of it continues a trend of not having them that I direly hoped would stay relegated to Gen 5.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.