[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Objective truth.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 13

File: LIST.png (1MB, 972x1756px) Image search: [Google]
LIST.png
1MB, 972x1756px
Objective truth.
>>
>>25786669
Bait post. Don't respond.
>>
They're Pokemon movies though so really move everything down four ranks.
>>
>Heroes God Tier and not Mid Tier
>Temple of the Sea High Tier and not Mid Tier
>Giratina High Tier and not Low Tier
>Zoroark not Low Tier
>4Ever Mid Tier and not God Tier
>Darkrai not Shit Tier
>Destiny Deoxys not God Tier
>Jirachi Wish Maker not Mid Tier
>Lucuckio not Shit Tier

>Mewtwo Returns not Who The Fuck Would Even Watch This Bargain Bin Movie Tier

Shitty taste, faggot.
>>
>>25786669
Heroes was amazing, good taste.
>>
>>25786669
This desu.
>>
>>25786696
>>25786685
>>
>>25786696

>Jirachi "WORDSWORDSWORDSNOPLOT" the movie
>God tier

Also "Lucucckio" as you call it had the regis, so its automatically good in my books.
>>
>>25786696
>Zoroark not Low Tier
Those are fighting words.
>>
>>25786696

Heroes was the one movie that actually had a plot and wasnt mindless running around and collecting things, it had good flow, good villains, and made you actually give a shit about characters. None of the first three did that other then molly hale, and shes a damn kid.

Sea temple was one of the most emotional movies and actually went somewhere instead of battles battle battles like the previous 3.

Giratina was great. Shaymin was annoying.

4Ever is criminally over rated. its the worst of the set because it shoehorns in fucking time travel and forces us to digest it as if it actually happened. Its a cop out in writing.

Darkrai is a giant kaiju movie. fuck you.

Domino best grill
>>
>Mewtwo strikes back:
A good movie because it started everything and built up mewtwo as a character and villain. It was simple in focus, didnt deviate and kept to its plot. It is however later outclassed by it's unofficial "Sequel" Mewtwo Returns
>Power of One
Great movie in concept, but overuse of the "Chosen one" angle. Its still fun and enjoyable to watch and Lawrence III is still one of the best villains to date.
>Spell of the Unown
Very lighthearted, Everyone loves Molly Hale, return of Charizard was a huge hook, and the progression of the plot always kept you on your toes.
>4Ever
Great setup with celebi, but horrible ending. Masked Maurader is still a great antagonist, and didnt capitalize enough on his goals.
>Heroes
By far one of the best movies, Great execution, Annie and Oakley subplot was interesting, actual situations, the latias/latios story. Everything about the music and locale, its easily watchable and fun to this day.
>Wishmaker
Similar plot to 4ever, very heavy emphasis on jirachi itself, Butler and diane were great at first, but got little to no exposition other then his loyalty to Team magma. Viral-groudon was stupid.
>Destiny Deoxys
A good movie, but too much Rayquaza fugging things over. The subplot about the kid and the deoxys crystal was cute, and Laruce city was pretty cool.
>Mystery of mew
Overly edgey plot with Sir arron and Lucario, story is really dark, (Really, fucking bloodcells EATING THE MAIN CAST?) Only redemption was the Regis. Fuck the Regis are cool.
>>
File: Espeon.png (40KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Espeon.png
40KB, 250x250px
>>25786669
I don't know why, but I still wonder why Espeon was an antagonist during heroes.
>>
>>25786780
>Sea Temple
Not bad, Not great. It's a much simpler movie which was welcomed. the plot between manaphy and may is outright adorable, and the sea temple exploration is something out of a professor layton game. Phantom is an interesting villain but doesn't do enough. Also pokemon ranger tie-in was neat.
>Rise of Darkrai
By far one of the MOST boring movies to come out. It's literally a kaiju flick between the gods. Darkrai is barely even there, and his plot with the girl is completely overshadowed by a pissed off palkia. Good if You like godzilla, I guess.
>Sky Bouquet
An actually good film, and the best of this "trilogy" Giratina's gripes with the other world were properly addresed, Zero's obsessions were like Lawrence all over again, The reverse world was awesome, Regigigas cameo was neat. Shaymin was literally tails though.
>Jewel of life
Eggghhhh... Fights were okay, but the Machina deep past tripe was way too much. Magical creatures? come the fuck on. Also arceus is nowhere near as pwoerful as it should be, and doesn't even acknowledge it's supposed "Sons".
Also ash plot armor is off the fucking charts of bullshitery
>Master of illusion
Literally Tomorrow never dies: Pokemon. But still a great movie, the villain was actually interesting for a change, and he got what he deserved. Zorua was cute, celebi subplot was cool, The shiny legendary dogs were a bit much though.
>Zekrom/Reshiram
I don't honestly even remember this one well enough to judge. But I remember it was pretty fucking boring. only memorable part was the lack of oxygen at that height nearly killing ash. Also really, two movies?
>Sword of justice
Actually kind of enjoyable. Simple plot of Keldeo getting strong enough to challenge Kyurem, felt like a knight training to slay a dragon, very old world. Characters were likeable too.
>Diancie
Haven't watched. Honestly zero interest.
>>
>>25786788
>Hoopa
JUST watched this last night, it's not bad. But I feel it doesn't capitalize on hoopa's past enough. The shadow unbound is also dumb. the fight with the legendaries was pretty cool, but not enough to save the movie.
>>
>>25786734

Nigger what? I said make Jirachi Mid Tier.
>>
What tier is the Volcanion movie going to be?
>>
File: 1277751406770.jpg (26KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1277751406770.jpg
26KB, 256x256px
>>25786669
>mewtwo returns
>baby nidoqueens
>masterpiece
>>
>>25786669
Have the movies gone up with quality as time passed or gone down?
>>
>>25786971
Up and then straight down the shitter.

It peaked at Lucario in terms of animation and effects, they cut back quite a bit for the Arceus Trilogy, and then it fucking plumeted at X and Y

Same as the anime. just watch this atrocity

https://youtu.be/XAhIhzcAP4g?t=678

11:25

It looks like they fucking outsourced it to Korea. The animation is so lazy and bad now, its a fucking wreck.
>>
File: nopethisisit.png (1MB, 972x1756px) Image search: [Google]
nopethisisit.png
1MB, 972x1756px
>>25786669
>>
>>25787139
Why do people hate the mastermind of mirage movie?
>>
File: pokemon movies tiers.png (3MB, 1640x2064px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon movies tiers.png
3MB, 1640x2064px
>>
File: Ruler_of_Illusions_Zoroark.png (1MB, 598x847px) Image search: [Google]
Ruler_of_Illusions_Zoroark.png
1MB, 598x847px
What does /vp/ think about the Zoroark movie? I thought it was one of the better movies, but I never really see it talked about in these threads.
>>
File: 1411682220342.jpg (29KB, 300x244px) Image search: [Google]
1411682220342.jpg
29KB, 300x244px
>>25786898
>clone pokemon
>never evolved
>not making babies from what they are.
>>
>>25787162
Ever see Tomorrow never dies, the James Bond movie?

It's that but with pokemon.
>>
>Mewtwo Strikes Back
The movie was over-ambitious for having such a short runtime and suffers from it. Another half hour would have done wonders for this movie. Hell, just look at how much of a difference the extra scene they added to the beginning makes.
>The Power of One
While I like that the movie focused on Ash (a lot of these movies throw him by the wayside), the plot was pretty predictable.
>Lord of the Unown Tower
I really liked that there were actually Pokemon battles in the plot for once. It makes it feel more like a Pokemon movie and less like a Pokemon-themed Kaijuu flick. Okay movie.
>Celebi
They had lots of opportunities for a story with time travel, but opted to have the whole movie take place in a goddamn forest that looks essentially the same in both eras. The writers seemed to think that "Ash meets a kid who later turns out to be Professor Oak" was good enough and called it a day. What a wasted opportunity.
>Pokemon Heroes
Cool setting. Interesting enough plot that does drag on as long as some of the others.
>The Jirachi one
It feels like they were really phoning this one in.
>Destiny Deoxys
This movie has the opposite problem that Mewtwo did. If it had been 20 minutes shorter, it could have been amazing. Instead, we have to put up with the stupid time filling plot about the kid that nobody cares about. The Deoxys invasion sequence was amazing.
>Lucario
I didn't like Lucario as a character, but give this one credit for bring unpredictable. The memory flowers were a stupid plot device.
>Manaphy
Jumped between fun and boring on a whim. I really like that they went with such a drastically different tone for this one. I get tired of these movies taking themselves so damn seriously. Shame that the movie had so many slow sequences. Again, cutting this one down would have done it a world of good.
>>
>>25787179
>Darkrai
I hate this entire trilogy. This movie, in particular, feels like it was stitched together from older movies.
>Shaymin
Fuck you Shaymin.
>Arcues
This is my favorite of the three. This one actually took advantage of having a time travel Pokemon in the story, unlike Celebi and the Darkrai movie. The movie itself could have been better, though.
>Zoroark
By far one of my favorite Pokemon movies. It avoided everything I hate about Pokemon movies. The plot took some interesting turns, it didn't take itself too seriously, the problem was small enough that Ash could actually contribute instead of just watching, and it didn't really feel like it was just stitching together elements of other movies.
>Victini
This felt like another half-assed movie stitched together from other plots.
>Keledo
Points for doing something different. Just wish the conclusion wasn't so stupid.
>Genesect
I couldn't help but feel "they obviously wrote this movie with the original Mewtwo in mind" the whole time. I can't be the only one, right? The rest of it was good, though.
>Diancie
I honestly haven't seen this one, either.
>Hoopa
I don't give a fuck. The final stretch of this movie was awesome. If you're going to make giant Pokemon fight, this is how you do it.
>>
>>25787149
I don't remember it much, honestly. And it wasn't even a movie, just a special. It was at the time when the dub changed VA's, so I think that's probably why.
>>
>>25787014
Shit bait m8. Good thing to handpick the random filler battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkD0k4qfxcc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWZJPs3KeSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vscvLr7MmiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsnroPqEhOs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc0bN4IcpRY
>>
>>25787208
Thats X and Y, Not XYZ
>>
>>25787215
Are you retarded? The first two are from XYZ
>>
File: 1425779384739.jpg (2KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1425779384739.jpg
2KB, 100x100px
>>25787014
>The animation is so lazy and bad now, its a fucking wreck.
>>
>>25787245
Do you not SEE that wood pannel flip?

11:25. I gave you a specific time.

That is tweened animation with terrible easings as opposed to half-decent frame by frame. You can even see it, its a 3 frame animation where they just clip to the finished floor.

Thats fucking bad dude. dont even try to defend it because you're a pokemon fan.

Try to pass that off as done in any good studio worth their salt and you'll be out of a job lickity split.
>>
>>25787295
You're retarded. If you think a set up episode for a important episode will have the best animation team you're fucking retarded. Do you even know how priorities work?
>>
>>25787360
>Filler battle

What filler battle? I'm talking about the scene at 11:25 in the house with dedene pushing the pannel. there is no battle.

Can't you read?

Also fucking lol, is that what you think, there is no priority in animation, everyone does equal work or you get your ass kicked out on the curb. And don't act like thats low priority, a visible pop is more then enough to get you fired or at least pay docked. howabout you actually get some industry experience before you run your mouth kid.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (249KB, 972x1756px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
249KB, 972x1756px
>>25786669
quick edit
>>
File: why 1.gif (1MB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
why 1.gif
1MB, 295x221px
>>25787014
>best animation we have ever had
>battles looks much better than they have ever done before
>no shitty speedlines
>no "one animation per move" shit that they reuse through the whole series
>is complaining about a few frames in a set up episode which make it clearly have a lower budget and a worse animation team

So it's true. 70% are underage shitters on /vp/.

>>25787387
Did Iwane animate XY&Z or was he busy with XY&Z9?
>>
>>25786669
I actually mostly agree.
>>
>>25786781
Anyone know why?
>>
>>25787458
>So it's true. 70% are underage shitters on /vp/.
Yup. Or tumblr crossposters. Which is the same thing really.
>>
>>25787458
No, it was Izumi and Mizuho. Iwane has done XY&Z 9 and 14 and will most likely do XY&Z 23 Alan vs Ash
>>
File: The real truth.png (2MB, 972x1351px) Image search: [Google]
The real truth.png
2MB, 972x1351px
>>
>>25787571
>I can't enjoy something anymore because its socially unacceptable and my not-real friends will tease me!

Protip: Get Real friends and stop being a pussy.
>>
>>25787590

Protip: I don't enjoy the anime anymore because, when normal people grow up, their tastes change. I still play pokemon after all, so obviously I don't give a shit about what people think.
>>
You know what really bothered me about the Keldeo movie?

The Swords of Justice referring to each other with the 'it' pronoun when it's clear everyone but Virizion was a male. Did they just not check each other's junk or something?

I mean that's one of the things that irks me about the Ashnime as well. It's clear Ash's Pikachu is a male but he still calls him 'it,' at this point it's almost like a demeaning term.
>>
>>25786669
NONONO
A thousand times NO!
>>
>>25786669
Surprised to see so many people taking the bait.
>>
File: truth.png (1MB, 972x1756px) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
1MB, 972x1756px
>>
>>25787443
I'm fine with this one
>>
>>25788585
>celebi movie in high tier

go kill yourself
>>
does Kyogre appear in any movies?
>>
>Arceus movie is bad
When will this meme end?
>>
File: op is a froghurt.png (2MB, 1744x1560px) Image search: [Google]
op is a froghurt.png
2MB, 1744x1560px
thructive objeth,
>>
>>25786687
underrated post
>>
>>25790319
Not having gen 6 at all was a good choice.
>>
>>25790333
I actually made it even before BW2 was revealed, and i never bothered to change it
>>
>>25790351
I stand by my statement.
>>
>>25786669
the fuck is Mastermind, and why does the cover alone look bad
>>
>>25787614
Dropped your fedora, lad.
>>
>>25790362
Mastermind of mirage pokemon

It marks the turning point when the 4kids voice dub went to hell
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.