[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convinced my girlfriend to play a pokemon game with me. Do I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-134Vaporeon.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-134Vaporeon.png
58KB, 250x250px
Convinced my girlfriend to play a pokemon game with me.

Do I start her off on Diamond/Pearl, or Black/White?
>>
File: 1456434094658.jpg (16KB, 390x200px) Image search: [Google]
1456434094658.jpg
16KB, 390x200px
>>25781191
>>
I preferred Diamond and Pearl but you should probably give her the most up to date experience. Unless you think she will show enough interest to continue into Black and White and will want to transfer her pokemon through all subsequent games.
>>
X/Y
If you don't have a 3DS then fucking buy one
>>
>>25781191

Neither.

HeartGold/SoulSilver are the perfect start up games.

>not too difficult, not too easy
>comfy atmosphere
>loads of post game legendaries for you to catch together
>ability to visit Kanto (if she doesn't know the original 151 already this is a great way to acth up)
>Your Pokemon follows you (not particularly relevant, just a really cool feature)

You play whatever you want to play, but HG/SS are not only some of the best Pokemon games ever made, but the most ideal for newcomers imo.
>>
If Platinum is not an option, then BW. DP is just too slow.
>>
Platinum or Black/White.
>>
I find Diamond and Pearl Pokemon where way more cute then Black and White. So I would say Gen 4
>>
>>25781207
I have a 3ds
She doesn't.
She'll only play through it with me.
>>25781212
100% agree.
Only issue is I only have HG, and not SS. She wants to play as a pair.
>>
>>25781191
BW2 I would say, the problem with Gen 4 is that it feels kinda slow, don't get me wrong I love gen 4, but I think newcomers would think it's boring.
>>
>>25781235
>but I think newcomers would think it's boring
Actually the only people that I have ever seen bothered by the slowness of the engine are people that have played pokemon before. I never heard a single complain about how slow Sinnoh games are from someone new to the series.
>>
>>25781191
>>>/r/pokemon
>>
>>25781252
>starts discussion on which game is better for newcomers.
>Request
>>
>>25781260
He meant to redirect to reddit but didn't realize how redirections work since he's a newfag.
>>
>>25781212
>not too difficult, not too easy
HeartGold/SoulSilver are the easiest games in the series except for the Red battle
>>
>>25781245
(not the samefag you replied) I actually showed Diamond to a friend of mine who has never played the others. He gave up within 30 minutes. It's not only the frame rate and slow battles, the way till the first gym is boring and gives a horrible first impression.
>>
>>25781304
the whole game is boring
>>
>>25781279
>easiest game in the series
>ORAS exists
>>
>>25781279
*hardest
>>
>>25781191
It depends on what she likes. DP has a lot more cutemons in it, if that's her thing, but the gameplay is atrocious. She might also get bored with the shitty story. BW2 has a more interesting story, and the gameplay is much better/faster, but it doesn't "feel" as much like a Pokemon game, if she's played some of the older ones. There's also a lot less cutemons.

I know you don't have 2 copies of it but HGSS is the perfect game for newcomers
>>
>>25781191
Always start new players off with one of the newest games or hg/ss. Thats just how its done. A new player isn't going to like b/w, fuck off with that shit
>>
>>25781279
This. X and Y were harder, honestly
>>
>>25781279
>easiest
>with that level curve
are you serious
>>
>>25781513
its le epic shitposting on this board you never know
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.