[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 23-Basculin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Yesterday was the qt flower princess Petilil and Lilligant today will be about...I guess they're Gen 5's fishmon, Basculin.
My thoughts: Can anyone say "missed opportunity"? What I mean is that this Pokemon had the potential to evolve into something awesome. Barracuda anyone? Or heck I wouldn't mind another sea serpent ala Gyarados and Milotic.
Overall, a perfect example of Dex filler. I have no idea why GF didn't give them an evolution.
>>
I like the slanty eyed one better
>>
>>25781100

Has anyone got that picture of Slowpoke from an early anime episode with a piranha biting his tail? That piranha looked suspiciously like a Basculin If I remember. Basculine could be older than we think.
>>
These pokemon are shit in both appearance and playability.
>>
Idk how I feel about Basculin. It seemed a little unnecessary imo. Probably my least favorite Gen 5 Pokemon.
>>
I have no strong feelings about this pokémon. It's just there.
>>
>>25781100
wasted space, could've had an evo at least
>>
>>25781100
I like that it has really good abilities and because of them they can wreck things in nu and ru. Also they're pretty cute
>>
>Simple angry fish design but with sportiy patterns.
>Its nice to finally have "just a fish", rather than the multitude of (interesting) fish pokemon we've recieved
>1 pokemon but each forme has different abilities, perhaps sugesting the start of the species' morphs' evolving into different pokemon altogether
>2 formes for one pokemon with a simple design and concept means it can stay simple but be more than just "my mom's fish"
>The different abilities are mirrors of each other, either going full-on shonen fury with Red's Reckless or staying stoic and steadfast with Blue's Rock Head
>Adaptability if neither are your jam, goes well with Aqua Jet
>Poor defences but I wouldn't expect much from a single, small fish

Personally I love them, in my top 5 favourite Water types.
>>
I never used it since I typically don't care for single stage Pokemon
>>
>>25781107
this is wrong
>>
File: 1457065119219.png (319KB, 800x835px) Image search: [Google]
1457065119219.png
319KB, 800x835px
Not really sure what to say for these guys. It feels like yet another Pokemon that stopped short of actually going anywhere. The designs themselves are fine, but they're just sort of...there. And like Zubat or Tentacool, eventually you're going to wind up sick of seeing them.
>>
>>25781100
They should have gotten an evolution instead of another Unova line getting an unnecessary midevo
>>
>>25781100
The "design depends on the version"-gimmick is completely wasted on these two.

That being said, having a gimmick is literally the only thing that saves these from being absolute trash.
>>
>>25781312
They were last minute addition because they realized they had forgotten to add a fish in Unova

Look it up
>>
File: Dare_da_EP017.png (192KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dare_da_EP017.png
192KB, 640x480px
>>25781116

HOLY SHIT

I FOUND IT

BASCULIN CONFIRMED TO HAVE EXISTED IN THE POKEMON UNIVERSE THIS WHOLE TIME, EVEN BEFORE GEN 5

GAME FREAK YOU CHEEKY BUGGERS

I know it's just a generic piranha fish, but it's crazily similar to Basculin
>>
Not a huge fan of this design, but I do think the concept of having to breed both colors to get a third type that IS capable of evolving is a more interesting gimmick than just having a different one for each version.
>>
>>25781100
Extremely forgettable. No idea why they needed another fish, especially one that doesn't evolve.
>>
>>25781100
They are the unova forgettable fish dex filler like Qwilfish,Luvdisc and Finneon were in the previous gen. They are a bit less forgettable because of their gimmick but there isn't a lot to say about them.
>>
>>25781350
No other fish on Unova were they wanted to go all new pokemon.

You cant make Alomomola be super common
>>
>>25781116
>>25781339

It's common knowledge that GF has every Pokemon design numbers 001 through about 1500 already designed and planned out.
>>
>>25781370

>tfw qwilfish will never get his time in the sun.

Feels bad man.
>>
I named mine Rumble and Frenzy.
That's really the extent of my experience with them.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.