[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ugly Duckling mid stages are cute!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: awkward teenager phase.png (752KB, 962x532px) Image search: [Google]
awkward teenager phase.png
752KB, 962x532px
Ugly Duckling mid stages are cute!
>>
>>25776677
>Croconaw
>ugly duckling

Nope
>>
>>25776696
How'd I know this comment would be here opening this thread?

People are so quick to defend the precious crocodile line, and while it is a nice line overall, Croconaw was pretty bad with its caveman design that went nowhere.
>>
>>25776677(Checked)
>marshtomp having a vietnam flashback
>>
>>25776783
Early gen pass basically

>Wartortle grows wings and fluffy tail out of nowhere
>dropped just as out of nowhere and cannons suddenly sprout out of Blastoise's back

Croconaw at least isn't that egregious. Charmeleon -> Charizard and Ivysaur -> Venusaur are pretty logical progressions but I'll never understand what the fuck went on with the Squirtle line
>>
Does anyone else feel like Marshtomp is a better name for a final evo than Swampert?
>>
>>25776859
The difference is that these pokemon are still aesthetically pleasing, midvolution concept dropped or not. Same with Greninja.
>>
>>25776867
This. Also I wouldn't have minded at all if Grovyle was the final evo design, I'm not a fan of Sceptile.

And I'm a Hoennbaby.
>>
>>25776677
>Croconaw
>Not that penguin monstruosity
And adolecence it´s a bitch to everybody look.
>>
>>25776696
I agree that Croconaw isn't ugly but as a huge fan of the entire line (Feraligatr is my favorite mon and Totodile is, IMO, the cutest/coolest starter), you have to admit it's caveman theme is really out of place. Maybe if Totodile had started that it would've worked better.
>>
File: JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP.png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP.png
55KB, 250x250px
stop
>>
File: IT JUST GETS BIGGER.png (2MB, 1104x1928px) Image search: [Google]
IT JUST GETS BIGGER.png
2MB, 1104x1928px
Speaking of which, why do starters feel more prone to "it just gets bigger" syndrome than any other pokemon?

27 out of 54 starter pokemon are just differently sized versions of one of their evos. That's exactly 50% of all starters.
And that's after being awfully generous with some of them.

What the fuck gamefreak.
>>
File: gamera.gif (2MB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
gamera.gif
2MB, 500x301px
>>25776859
Squrtle's line is just
>turtle
>depiction of turtles that have lived for thousands of years (minogame)
>depiction of turtles that have lived since prehistoric times
Considering that Wartortle's fluff is based off of algae and seaweed, it would make sense that it would disappear when Blastoise developed cannons.
The line fights by withdrawing into the shell and shooting water, and takes it a step further with the cannons. The cannons not only shoot water from inside the shell, presumably the water that Blastoise intakes to make itself heavier, but it also uses it as a propelling system. This is reminiscent of how some shellfish use their siphons to propel themselves and feed on suspended seaweed particles/algae, and using their shells to store water.
>>
>>25777064
there's literally nothing wrong with "just getting bigger"
>>
>>25777064
>the gen 4 starters

no
>>
>>25777127
Explain to me the nuanced difference between "angry fire ape" and "slightly angrier fire ape" please.

Or "turtle with a bush on its back" and "bigger turtle with a tree on its back"
Or "penguin with two gold head things" and " bigger penguin with three gold head things"

It. Just. Gets. Bigger.
>>
>>25777064
some of those are a pretty big stretch for "just gets bigger".
>>
Quilava <3
>>
>>25777161
Yeah and other ones are pretty generous, like charmander->charmeleon.

Angry eyes and a headspike aren't much of a difference. Reminder that rapidash is the poster child of "it just gets bigger," and it's more different from ponyta than that.
>>
If Gen 6's models weren't awful, Marshtomp would be cute. He was in Colosseum. Grovyle is widely loved. Easily the most popular.
>>
>>25777147
The colors on all of them are different. Infernape has a flame on its head that neither of its prevos have. Torterra has a tree and mountains on its back while on its preevos it's just some plants. The steel armor on Empoleon makes it look a lot different from Prinplup. If anything Prinlup just gets bigger from Piplup.

I don't think Grovyle should be circled either. If anything I think it's the middle stage that changes the most from its 1st stage.
>>
>>25777064
Because it's your first pokemon in a game and often one you will use during all the game, you need to like your starter during all stage of its evolution, so it's safer to just make it bigger,
>>
>>25777064
This >>25777115

So stop being an ignorant little shit who thinks it is a problem.
>>
>>25777105
Damn, that's pretty autistic, anon.
>>
File: lex.jpg (138KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
lex.jpg
138KB, 1200x600px
>>25777244
Autistic is just a three syllable word for any thought too big for small minds, anon.
>>
>>25777064
>grotle to tortilla is
>fennekin to delphox is
>mudkip to marshtomp is
>charmander to charmelon isn't
>>
>>25777256
Was Lex inspired by 4chan?
>>
File: 1451949346166.png (52KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
1451949346166.png
52KB, 346x360px
>>25777064
I'm not even going to address how ridiculously liberal you have to be with the definition of 'It just gets bigger' to qualify over half of the pokemon you highlighted, but, seriously nigger, you choose shit like grotle into torterra, but not fucking charmander into charmeleon? Charmeleon is practically charmander colored a shade redder with a head spike.

"It just gets bigger" isn't even bad so long as it is fuctional to the concept.
>>
>>25776887
Why does feraligatr have cargo shorts built in?
>>
>>25776887
it's a reference to caimans
>>
>>25776887
The pelt compliments the image of gaining a large underbite and its unkempt "hair", to show how it's leaving its goofy demeanor as a Totodile to look how it acts, like a savage.
Just think of Croconaw's body going almost completely yellow as a way for the stripe to transition from being between the arms to between the legs. As for the spots, think of them as not only a sign of its change in behavior, but as a visual placeholder for Feraligatr's kaiju armor.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.