[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Revolution Online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: pro.jpg (392KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pro.jpg
392KB, 1280x720px
Is it good?
>>
>legendaries aviable in a MMO

Obviously not
How can you RP correctly when you see a fedora tiper with a Reshiram each time you go to the Pokemon Center?
>>
>>25772785
hey haha
nice advertising bro
did you even try to make it subtle?
>>
>>25772815
I just want to get other peoples opinions before trying it you faggot
>>
File: 1390447648734.png (20KB, 267x367px) Image search: [Google]
1390447648734.png
20KB, 267x367px
>>25772806
This.

In the single-player games it makes sense - you're the chosen one. In an MMO, that shit does not fly no matter how much you try to justify it. There are a lot of things in the Pokemon world that just any ordinary trainer does not and should not have access to, such as legendary Pokemon (who, by the way, are generally regarded as nothing more than myths), Master Balls (one of a kind items), and various other things. If any motherfucker walking down the street can just casually toss a Master Ball at a Mewtwo and capture it, what's stopping you? Or the guy next to you? Or literally anyone else in town?

You can tell this MMO is shit with just one screenshot. Good job.
>>
>>25772806
>implying people ever roleplay in MMORPGs.
>>
>>25772806
You forgot to even mention the Rocket uniform.
>>
>>25773810
Interestingly enough, that image works well against your statement.

Look, I dunno how you try and justify things to your shitty little headcanon, but from a game standpoint, there is absolutely nothing wrong with allowing better rewards to people who wish to work for them. I don't know how this particular MMO handles that, nor do I care to find out, but saying things should be removed or not available just because it conflicts with some unwritten code you religiously follow is fucking retarded.
>>
File: 3.png (58KB, 478x297px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
58KB, 478x297px
>>25773810
>You can tell this MMO is shit with just one screenshot. Good job.

And wait until you see this one
>>
>>25773875
>Interestingly enough, that image works well against your statement.
Please explain why.
>>
File: 1393838228469.gif (792KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
1393838228469.gif
792KB, 500x415px
>>25773875
>there is absolutely nothing wrong with allowing better rewards to people who wish to work for them.
>expecting to have to work hard for the best content in modern MMOs
>not just paying your way to the top
>>
I hope it has microtransactions, because I wanna see them get a Cease & Desist.
>>
>>25773880
>>25772785

the people with legendaries in both of these screenshots are the creators of the game who pop online occasionally to answer questions and such. So far it's impossible to get legendaries, you only encounter mew for the main quest.

The whole game pretty much plays out like pokemon red/blue with extra stories and quests woven into them. It's pretty decent. the game shows you the IV's and EV's of your caught pokemon at all times. It has expanded features like using headbut on trees/dig in holes in caves to encounter rare pokemon and gain items or berries. For now it's really fun and a bit more challenging than normal pokemon.

It also doesn't allow trading until you have the 4th badge so the trade chat isn't spammed with 11 year old trying to trade rattatas.
>>
>>25772785
The game is pretty alright to play through the main story, I like the maps (which are not copies but based and with added exploration), catching a rare or shiny mon is always rewarding and cool to show off.

The battle system however lacks a bunch of features, there's many moves that doesn't exists in the game. The game is even more autistic with grinding, you can't breed because the creators think that breeding would reduce the trading value of the game to zero.

Also, sometimes I feel that the game lacks some interactivity, too. There's no Double or Multi battles (which would be great in a game like that), you can't nickname your pokémon for some reason, there's no missions that you can do together with other people (even though there's sole sidequests), you can't trade until you get 4 badges which can cause a bad first impression, the game sometimes feels like a singleplayer where you can see walking ghosts and a window with text rolling.

However, from the MMOs that I played this one of the most well done and with potential anyway, it can be fun if you make some in-game friends and talk about your progress, mechanics or unrelated shit (just like any MMO), it can become great if more polished. I would give a 8/10.

Also, there's a big update that will bring the entire hoenn with a lot of mons from other regions, too. Good stuff.
>>
>>25773965
Should probably mention that while the game has microtransactions, these don't influence the game much. You get money from beating in game trainers and use that to buy pokeballs and everything like normal. Rare pokemon are all found in game, though they can be a bitch to find. (like I got a bronzor in mt moon but apparantly it can take hours to find one) You can buy some in game outfits like kimonos or weird mounts with microtransactions. All in all the game seems to play out like you being a normal kid set in the red/blue universe sometime after red becomes a champion (you meet him briefly right after you beat brock and it's vaguely implied he's an incredibly strong trainer)

I'm only at lt surge though. So it might still turn to shit. But for now it feels like red/blue with extra features and decent online.
>>
>>25774017
true, though it's in beta. Aren't they updating pretty frequently? The battle system needs some work yeah, though they seem to be focussing on adding Hoenn and stuff
>>
>>25774051
>Should probably mention that while the game has microtransactions,

Great, then they'll get their asses sued by Nintendo for being little thieves.
>>
>>25774076
Yeah me and my friends who've been playing this stuff have been waiting for the day Nintendo pierces the heavens and strikes them with their mighty Yakuza judgement. It's weird though, the game has been online for quite a while now.
>>
>>25774105
Does Nintendo have a tip hotline or something?
>>
>>25774076
why are you so salty about this shit anon?
Nintendo is rich as fuck, so is gamefreak. i don't know why you're so buttflustered.
>>
>>25774105
>following basic copyright law makes you Yakuza

What.
>>
>>25774137
You get me wrong, I just like to see greedy little kids cry.
>>
I don't understand why people want this. Pokemon already has all the multiplayer function you want, why won't you use it?
>>
>>25773875
Have you ever tried free to play MMOs? The best things don't go to "people who work for them", you just jew your way to them. That alone just makes most of them shit.
>>
The characters look like someone took a shit and molded it into a person.
>>
>>25774175
People don't wanna play a multiplayer Pokemon game, anon. They want to literally be IN the Pokemon world.
>>
>>25774131
I can't imagine they aren't aware of the hundreds of fansites, fangames, fan mmos using all their logos, names, designs or anything. They seem to randomly pick someone ever so often just to remind everyone they're still there.

I hope these guys get to finish their game though. It's really fucking decent for a fangame. They put quite some work into it and aren't jewing. And it's pretty daring of them
>>
>>25774171
how are they greedy?
it's wrong to want money out of something that you worked on?
besides, anon already said that the micro-transactions to affect the game at all, so idk what the problem is senpai
>>
>>25774171
It's not really greedy when the only thing you can buy with real money are clothes and things to ride on.
>>
>>25774187
And how does the game not do that?
>>
>>25774213
Idunno anon it's pretty nice to see people walking around you, see what pokemon they are using, read their findings about things etc. Once I got a bit further in the game it got a little more quiet (first part of the game is pretty crowded with people who have no idea what to do.) And it's really kind of nice it be in a pretty isolated place and see someone else doing their own thing.

Also I'm personally enjoying helping younger players who aren't obnoxious by giving them some advice on how to tackle more challenging aspects of the game.
>>
>>25774213
By making every other 'person' in the world around you incapable of saying more than one or two sentences.
>>
>>25774213
Oh, and BTW, you are delusional to want to go around like a spaz and make living creatures fight for your amusement.
>>
>>25773810
Why do you care if a fan made MMO doesn't align with the lore of the main series? That's completely beside the point
>>
File: 1448138807409.jpg (5KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1448138807409.jpg
5KB, 160x120px
>>25774258
>>
>>25774247
That isn't what I know MMOs to be. MMOs are people too busy doing their own thing to pay attention to you at all. The only communication you ever get is maybe joining and doing a raid, but chances are, you are just there to fill a slot and they could care less what you do as long as you don't act like a spaz.
>>
File: 1390239361857.jpg (11KB, 163x173px) Image search: [Google]
1390239361857.jpg
11KB, 163x173px
>>25774275
It's not about the lore of the main series. It's about average joe getting a hold of literally every superpower in the game.

It's like in any other MMORPG where you work hard to make your equipment the best it can be, then loser789362 comes in with superior gear obtained by either cheesing something that's supposed to be super hard or maxing out his mommy's credit card.
>>
>>25774312
Honestly with a turn based pokemon mmo there isn't much raiding to do. And the trading aspect is pretty important in this game. Some people are taking this shit very seriously and want pokemon with good IV's and EV train them then. There is a special trade chat devoted to 'I found an X with three perfect IVs!"
>>
>>25773927
they do, infact, it's not uncommon to see players in the starting areas showing off their shiny mounts and fedoras
I'm not joking
>>
>>25772806
>thinking everybody gives a shit about rping
Good job.
>>
>>25774344
Again, that is something you could've done in the main games. WHY ARE YOU UNABLE TO SEE WHAT IS IN FRONT OF YOUR OWN EYES!?
>>
>>25774344
>get perma banned for jokingly posting "selling both kidneys for 100k"
>admins basically say "lol we don't care"
>>
>>25774412
It's not i dont play the main games. And ofcourse they're much better in most aspect. But I wanted to try this out. And I'm genuinly enjoying some of the things they added and the extra diffeculty
>>
I much much prefer pokeMMO.

revolution has miniscule server sizes, a much younger/more brazilian userbase, and locks you out of content unless you pay for it. pokemmo just gives you higher shiny rates if you donate. And stupid cosmetic shit you can just buy for pokebucks anyway.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.