[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix HMs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: hmslaves..png (15KB, 538x412px) Image search: [Google]
hmslaves..png
15KB, 538x412px
Everyone hate the fucking things, but GF seems to think they're necessary for some fucking reason. How would you fix them?

Idea I've had: make HMs a property of a move, rather than a move of itself. For example: brick break could be given the property Rock Smash using the proper HM. Some water moves could be given the property Surf or Waterfall/whatever. This way, you still need some variety of pokemon in your party, but you're no longer limited to five pokemon (or less) while travelling around.
>>
>>25768761
You have a fighting move list. And a field move list. That simple. You can add field moves to the fighting one if you want.
>>
Add end game tutors that upgrade them to actually useful moves.
Flash -> Dazzling Gleam.
Cut -> Psycho Cut.
Rock Smash -> Rock Slide.
Etc.
>>
>>25768917
This is brilliant anon
>>
Give every single pokemon a fifth moveslot
this moveslot can only be used for moves that have an outside-battle effect, and it can't be used in-battle

THERE
>>
>>25768928
Or make them held items. Or shit, may as well be a Key Item.
>>
>>25768779

This is a great idea but GF will just keep on doing the HM shit. It's sad.
>>
No fifth moveslot horseshit. No >>25768917
whatever that is.

Simply have pokemon that can fly know how to fly, or my fucking wailord should know how to swim as a god damn trait. And these traits are hidden, maybe there's an indicator that shows what can these pokemon do outside of battle, and they're unlocked gradually by badges just like now. It's literally the best solution.
>>
>>25768761
Other than the fact they are forcing us to use moves, everything else does make sense - its a safety feature so that you don't somehow get permanently get trapped.

This doesn't mean the feature can't be fixed, but the core reason makes sense.
>>
>>25768761

Just make them forgettable like normal moves. Your HMs are always in your bag so you can always access them if you accidentally delete one. To prevent trapping, if you try to delete Surf while surfing or on an island it could stop you and give you a message like "You can't forget that move while out in the sea!" or something like that.
>>
Just let me fucking write over them.
>>
>>25768761

They could just remove them and use other methods to unlock paths and stuff. Or they could just make it so that your first pokemon in your party that is capable of using cut for example would use Cut, without having to know the move.
>>
>>25768761
>How would you fix HMs

just make them deletable.
>>
File: 1455933800439.jpg (43KB, 337x369px) Image search: [Google]
1455933800439.jpg
43KB, 337x369px
There is nothing wrong with HM slaves.

Like you NEED a full team at all times.
>>
>>25768993
IIRC BW didn't actually require you to teach a single HM to progress through the story, & B2W2 only required Surf & maybe Strength

But yeah, what >>25768947 said. The only difference is that your normally-able-to-swim/fly Pokemon is doing it with you on their back, & this can be explained as the badges making them see you as worthy of letting you on them, much like obedience is already

The only remote issue I can see with this is that the list on the Pokemon menu for something like Mew will get a bit crowded, but it's a small price to pay
>>
File: fug.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
fug.gif
2MB, 400x286px
I FUCKING HATE HMS SO MUCH REEEEEEEE

WHY CAN'T I GET PAST THIS FUCKING BUSH

I HAVE A 6 FT TALL FLAMING BEAST, A FUCKING BIRD, AND A LEGENDARY PSYCHIC TYPE POKEMON TALLER THAN A HOUSE

THIS SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED

THEY'RE NOT EVEN ESSENTIAL FOR THE GAMEPLAY OR CHALLENGING IN ANY WAY

I KNOW THEY'RE A LAZY WAY OF RESTRICTING AREAS VIA GYM BADGES, BUT THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS OF DOING THIS THAT ACTUALLY BENEFIT THE PLAYER

AT LEAST LET ME DELETE THEM WHEN I'M FINISHED WITH THEM

THIS IS A FUCKING INEXCUSABLY BAD ASPECT OF THE GAMES THAT KEEPS COMING BACK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Make TM all current HM. They even coincide being TM 101. Add every pokemon a "Field move" slap. Making each pokemon capable of certain "ex-HM" Each of this features unlocks as you get badges.
Also not every mon that could learn the HM can now used the respective Field move. For example, Rhydon cant swim but can learn the TM Surf to do that
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.