[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People think that this is real.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: Zodiac.png (96KB, 424x424px) Image search: [Google]
Zodiac.png
96KB, 424x424px
People think that this is real.
>>
>>25759252
in 5 days we will know the truth
>>
>>25759252
I'm hoping for the next Fire starter to be a scorpion or a goat or a crab.
>>
>>25759274
my nigga, I hoping for a goat fire starter, too
>>
File: UiyVHS.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
UiyVHS.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>mfw it gets proven right again
>>
>>25759252
Let's just say it is true. What happens seven gens from now?
>>
>>25759297
Implying Pokémon will last that long
>>
>>25759290
It was proven wrong in gen 2.
>>
>>25759272
It's 4, and I'm all for hoping to get starters revealed to us on Pokenchi, but there's no guarantee. We might get really disappointed and just see the trainer in the starting town, giving more questions than answers. Oh and probably starting another "6.5 vs 7" feud.
>>
File: 077Ponyta.png (16KB, 297x287px) Image search: [Google]
077Ponyta.png
16KB, 297x287px
>>25759252
>>25759297
problem though
there's already a fire horse pokemon, it's not a starter
>>
>>25759330
I think it's bullshit.

Cyndaquil isn't a rat and Fennekin isn't a dog
>>
>>25759274
>>25759286
Im rooting for a fire rabbit thats part fairy and evolves into magician of sorts with a top hat, though hopefully not too similar to Delphox
>>
>>25759308
Yeah, it was proven wrong with the "Fire Mouse Pokémon"
>>
>>25759355
I'll agree with the cyndaquil
but Fennekin is
A fox is a canine, and so falls under it
but..... doesn't count your chickens before they hatch
>>
>>25759252
Egh, It's defently a thing but it's obviously very loose
I'm guessing even if there is a parten GF aren't very commited to it, so they can pretty much drop it at any time
>>
>>25759378
It's based off of a echidna.

and every other evo of it has nothing to do with rats.
>>
>>25759378
Mouse =/= rat
They are of a different genus and therefore not the same.

Although you zodiac shitposters seem to think being in the same family classification means they're the same animal, thinking foxes are dogs. That's like if we got a fire cheetah and you guys went ahead and waved it off as a tiger cause they're from the same genus.

That's ignoring the fact that using the pokemon's species as what it's based on is a retarded argument.

I guess Horsea is actually a dragon guys; Sandslash is a mouse, not a pangolin; Blastoise is a shellfish; and Purugly is a tiger.

Now fuck off with your stupid Zodiac bullshit.
>>
>>25759386
That's said, I would love a Fire Tiger or Fire Sheep/Ram

Or maybe both in one Pokemon
>>
I hope the next starter that supposedly fits this pattern is a Water-type. Like a Water tiger, perhaps. For no reason other than to fuck with you.
>>
All I want is a Fire type Goat starter.
>>
>>25759442
>Thinking I like the Zodiac

You cant get away with skimming, anon.
>>
>>25759274
IF this theory is true (I'm one that sort of believes it) I would kind of hope that since we've gone 6 generations with the Chinese Zodiac that maybe they could switch to using the astrological Zodiac (which is where I sort of figured you were going with this comment).
>>
>>25759414
Mice and rats are considered the exact same animal in Japan and China though. The word Nezumi is used for both in Japan.
>>
>>25759401
>>25759414
>it's not 100% the same, therefore you're wrong
>>
>>25759252
>he doesn't think this is real
>>
>Somepeople think it's obvious they are following this pattern
>Others think it's ridiculous tto think they are following this pattern

Being adamant about either is pretty retarded. Just think maybe/maybe not.
>>
>>25759384
Still pretty forced.
>>
>>25759330
One Pokemon being based on something hasn't stopped them from basing another on the same thing. I mean we had Chimchar in Gen 4 but that didn't stop them from making two Fire primates in Gen 5.
>>
Too many to be concidence
>>
>>25759414
Fuck I forgot about Purgly and Glameow.
Purgly always reminded me of Bagpuss.
Was Purgly ever good in battles? It's one of those Pokemon no one talks about at all, even in the lower Smogon tiers.
>>
File: 1450560008341.jpg (66KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1450560008341.jpg
66KB, 350x350px
>pokemon are based off animals

Wait, seriously?
>>
>>25759498

There's not 100%, and then there's forcing so hard that your asshole gives out.
>>
>>25759414
>>25759442
>it's a Fire Ocelot
"it's basically a tiger"
>it's a Fire Lama
"it's basically a sheep"
>it's a Fire Worm
"it's basically a snake"
>it's a Fire Donkey
"basically a horse"
>it's a Fire Kangaroo
"basically a rabit"
>it's a Fire Bison
"basically a bull"

And the shitposting goes on for another 10 years
>>
>>25759538
>literally part of it's own rejected starter trio that are the same thing with different types
although I kind of liked them when playing White, plus See no, hear no, speak no evil, was a fairly decent reference
>>25759562
>Fire Ocelot
.....yes please
>>
New fire type will be an Indian Elephant Pokémon
>>
I think Gamefreak only started doing it starting Gen 4. Before then it's just a mere coincidence. There's no way they thought of the zodiacs while creating Charizard, because they probably weren't even sure if the series would last that long. If they were thinking of the zodiacs, they would have made Blastoise and Venusaur part of if.
>>
>>25759414
Eastern taxonomy and etymology is vastly different from Western. Everything you mentioned is a result of not having perfect translations between two.
>>
>>25759252
>implying foxes are dogs
Next you're going to tell me owls are birds
>>
>>25759252
I think it's plausible.
Won't be upset if it gets thrown out the window though. A simple theory about a video game pattern isn't where I put my passions.
>>
>>25759297
They could probably move on to the astrological Zodiac in some way, it might be a little odd in some areas though with all the sea creatures featured in said Zodiac.
>>
What if the next Fire starter was an octopus? Would it be forced into the snake because mimic octopi can mimic sea snakes? What about a hummingbird or a starfish?
>>
>>25759530
>Just think maybe/maybe not.
Exactly.

For all we know, if the zodiac thing is real, Game Freak could be very VERY loose with the classifications in what they feel would equate to it. They could potentially just be of the mind 'close enough' and go for style over accuracy.

At the same time, it could simply be an outright coincidence and there really is no active zodiac theme.

We don't know. We're arguing about fictional monsters that take inspiration from various things and don't follow scientific logic. Just because we can place logic in things, doesn't mean Game Freak would do the same.
>>
>tfw zodiacfags will soon be BTFO
>>
>Growlithe isn't on it.
>Ponyta isn't on it

Though you could say like, Growlithe is basically a tiger since it's tiger striped.
>>
>>25759252
>fennekin dog
>gen2 idk every fucking name rat
>>
File: 1458187766288.png (648KB, 986x516px) Image search: [Google]
1458187766288.png
648KB, 986x516px
>>25759252
Obviously the actual Zodiac began with Gen III, and they skipped a gen with VI.

The Zodiac starters will all clearly be Fire/Fighting. They simply gave us mercy for a gen.
>>
>>25759252
What will we do when we get to Gen 13? Highly doubt Pokemon will still be kicking for that long but still.
>>
>>25759798
>Growlithe
>Ponyta
>Starters
Also pic related and if you google 'animals that look like horses' you'll find a real life Arcanine
>>
>>25759560
>implying gamefreak has to listen to your opinions
>implying that they didn't force it as the fire mouse pokemon to fit the meme
>>
>>25759252
Grasping for straws.

Also, they don't necessarily need to be starters. Arcanine could definitely work as the dog and Rapidash could definitely be the horse.
>>
>>25759903

The Chinese Zodiac was supposed to have a 13th sign: Cat.

Do you even Fruits Basket?
>>
>>25760178
>not understanding what the whole theme and discussion is about.
It's okay, Anon. You tried.

>>25760286
>Do you even Fruits Basket?
Remember how the Dragon in Fruits Basket was a seahorse?
>>
I don't care if this zodiac theory is true, all I want is a fire poison Snake starter
>>
>>25759252
What fire-type starter would immediately disprove the zodiac theory?
>>
Literally why is the zodiac theory the most controversial topic on /vp/ right now? I see it more than 6.5 verses 7. Like why do people feel so strongly on either side?
>>
>>25759274
>goat satan fire starter
yes plz
>>
>>25759556
gunna have to fap to taht doujin again. thanks anon.
>>
>>25760620 #
It'll provide that Gamefreak don't follow pattern and never did from the beginning of Pokémon series.
>>
>>25760178
You're missing the entire point of this aren't you? If you could add just any fire pokemon to the zodiac there'd be no point to this theory. This is exclusive to the starters only.
>>
>>25760620
Besides the three that already disprove the zodiac, gf could rehash torkoal
>>
Generation VII's Fire starter will be a kangaroo, and Zodiac fags will claim it's a rabbit.
>>
>>25760657
It's been a theory for years but until recently I've only seen it even mentioned a couple times. It's become so rampant on /vp/ recently because once it was mentioned, the board gained something new to fight over and everyone here loves to be contrarians who fight over anything
>>
>>25759357
But that's literally Delphox. A less shit Delphox but still.
>>
>>25760729
And if it was a Wopplertinger, anti-zodiacfags would say it's not a rabbit because it's not 100%. One side is just as retarded as the other.
>>
File: Wolperdinger_Pr%C3%A4parat.jpg (91KB, 607x455px) Image search: [Google]
Wolperdinger_Pr%C3%A4parat.jpg
91KB, 607x455px
>>25761145
You do realize Wolpertingers don't have a defined form, just because you only know Dührers interpretion doesn't mean it has to have a rabbit as it's "main animal"
>>
>>25759384
Not all canids are dogs though
>>
>>25759414
Someone believes about the zodiac thing someone not, who fucking cares?
Did the Chinese zodiac kill your whole family and rape their corpse?
If not, I can't see why you're so butthurted.
>>
>>25761537
not the anon you responded to, but i'm sick of everytime there is a thread about starters there is a faggot that says "muh zodiac" and constantly derailing the fucking thread because some low functioning mung decided to post his asian animal wheel theory.
>>
>>25759594
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING!?
>>
Cyndaquil and his line look more like an aardvark than a rat
>>
I meant to say they look like aardvarks and or anteaters

>>25762675
>>
Fire type snake would be fucking dank
>>
>>25759556
That is great what is that from?
>>
I'd like the next one to be a real dog. After that, you guys can try to bargain that Fennekin is a rabbit because it has big ears.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.