[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize the Pokemon anime got good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

File: file.png (403KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
403KB, 600x402px
When did you realize the Pokemon anime got good?
>>
File: Bee.jpg (177KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
Bee.jpg
177KB, 1000x663px
It looks prettier now, I guess. It's still shit in every other aspect.

I took the bait, didn't I?
>>
File: 1458138899447.jpg (25KB, 321x285px) Image search: [Google]
1458138899447.jpg
25KB, 321x285px
Man, I'm starting to think this is a meme. I actually sat down and watched it because I heard it was good and it's still the same shit as before with just prettier animation and a one sided love interest. Fuck XY.
>>
File: 1457807846928.png (169KB, 333x429px) Image search: [Google]
1457807846928.png
169KB, 333x429px
Since this will be a shit thread.

ITT: Post your reactions if gen 6.5 doesn't happen
>>
File: Goose Laughing Gif.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Goose Laughing Gif.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>25756713
> MFW 6.5 fags get BTFO
>>
File: du8u9CA.gif (963KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
du8u9CA.gif
963KB, 300x250px
>>25756713
>mfw SM doesn't even have episode Z
>>
>>25756646
Serena cut her hair and Kalos is massively uninteresting. Its worthless shit now. Waiting for S/M anime.
>>
>>25756939
>Serena cut her hair and Kalos is massively uninteresting.

Even considering all that, it's still better than the Kalos that appeared in the Games
>>
File: Sde.png (631KB, 944x822px) Image search: [Google]
Sde.png
631KB, 944x822px
When i see that...
>>
Never because it isnt.
>>
>>25756960
that's completely irrelevant
>>
File: 1453921600972.jpg (409KB, 1157x772px) Image search: [Google]
1453921600972.jpg
409KB, 1157x772px
>>25756713
>gen 6.5 fags btfo
>>
>>25756713
It will happen though.
>>
>>25756646
People will refuse to watch it based on outdated preconceptions so never.

Post webms if you have them, I guess.
>>
File: Lysandre.webm (476KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lysandre.webm
476KB, 1280x720px
>>25757528
Who can blame them? It's still a kids show after all. Just with some more mature elements, better animation and a competent Ash.

Lysandre is based as fuck though. Wish he was like this in the games.
>>
>>25756698
>just prettier animation
That's exactly what makes it better, Pokemon has never had good animation or a good story.
Now we have one out of the two.
>>
>>25757603

>Pokemon has never had good animation

but that's wrong retard

>what is any iwane/tamagawa episode
>>
>Serena takes 50 episodes to do anything
>MUH amourshipping even though it's 100% one sided and hasn't progressed at all from episode 1
>still formulaic meet CotW, PotW, Team Rocket steals Pokemon bullshit 80% of the time
>Ash may as well be a cardboard cut out
>Everyone sucks Ash's dick for some reason
>Everyone is overly nice and positive to each other and no one has a real personality
>Ash's Greninja can pseudo mega evolve because REASONS

But the animation being fucking 2016 standard and being able to post webms from the same two episodes over and over again makes the ashnime suddenly good right? I love this meme!

Can't wait for XY fanboys to reply with this post saying I didn't actually watch the show while not posting any evidence to support why it's good or to accuse me of watching the dub as if all of this is the dub's fault somehow.
>>
>>25757630
>>what is any iwane/tamagawa episode
Shit
>>
>>25757630
>implying they didn't use shitty speedlines pre XY
>>
>>25757555
>Hinting at Lysandre's mega Gyarados.

Honestly, is Lysandre actually the only anime version of an evil team villain that's getting handled pretty well, I mean, he's actually the only one that's shown with his own Pokemon(Pyroar).

Also, I really hope we get a Team Rocket vs Team Flare, as in Giovanni and a good chunk of the organization coming to Kalos. The anime needs to make up for the loss of that Plasma vs Rocket special.
Who wouldn't want to see Giovanni vs Lysandre ala Persian vs Pyroar?
>>
>>25756646
XY&Z has great story stuff because the none of those Zygarde formes have been shown in the games yet which keeps things exciting but what they did to Serena in episode 60 is unforgivable. XY is mid tier for its shitty Serena progression writing.
>>
I realized it as a kid when Ash's Pikachu refused to evolve. I stopped watching it and lost all interest in Pokemon.
>>
>>25757697
>literally is a retard with 77 in IQ
Fuck off longhairfag. I thought we finally got rid of you.
>>
>>25757706
kanto season is by far the worst in the anime btw
>>
>>25757658
Agreed. The X/Y anime only seems good because it followed up from the trainwreck that was Best Wishes.
>>
>>25756646
the anime was never good

and it still isn't
>>
xy is good but dp is better if only because they gave us the best rival, shinji.

no one ever came close to him. gary was a fucking joke on kanto and their final league battle was awful.
how irrelevant were the rest of the rivals that I cant name anyone else

now xy lacks one too. shota is boring and alan isnt a proper rival
>>
When I realized the Digimon anime was miles better
>>
>>25757754
DP also had a top tier main girl and great progression when it came to Chimchar, still the best season to this day.
>>
>>25756646
The anime is still 100% pure shittium.
>>
>>25757754
>DP anime
>Good
Holy shit no, if there was ever a more underwhelming series it was DP, the only one to best it in that regard was Best Wishes.

I think what made it worse was that it was in that transition phase where they were trying to implement CG without knowing how.
>>
>>25757754
Agreed
>>
>>25757779

I can't believe you are putting kanto, johto the filler region and the fucking orange islands above DP.

you only read this kind of retarded shit only on vp
>>
>>25757658
>Everyone is overly nice and positive to each other and no one has a real personality
I think this is what irks me the most about the new gens. The writers got careful and left out all the bitching, malice and lethal slapstick that made the early seasons somewhat watchable. Now every character must act sickeningly sweet so they don't set a bad example for the kids or something.
>>
File: literally golduck.png (512KB, 534x515px) Image search: [Google]
literally golduck.png
512KB, 534x515px
>>25756713
>it never happens
>Zygarde is never mentioned again
>6.5 fags BTFO
>6.5 fags on suicide watch
>>
File: Ash vs Alan 2 preview.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ash vs Alan 2 preview.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>25757754
I agree. I really enjoy XY (&Z) but they don't have a proper rival.

Alan could have been the best rival but he's more of a moral rival. Plus the fact that he only has Charizard. He has a great set up, backstory etc though that can be easily compared to Paul (Shinji).

Shota is not a bad rival but I don't see why they gave Ash a noob rival that he rapes everytime they battle. Sure, he gets better everytime and will have a great team but I don't get why they could have him be more of a Berry rival that had traveled a lot as well. Not edgy but not overally friendly. Shota's battle technique is literally made to counter Ash though.

But I would say the pokemon in XY are better developed than DP overall. Infernape was easily the most developed. Greninja has developed a lot but the fact that he has such a serious personality and left trainers because he didn't find them "worthy" of training him makes him look like an ass. Hawlucha defiantly has the best personality out of all of them though.
>>
>>25757857
to be fair, that's how it is in the games as well so it's just being a faithful adaptation
>>
Well, the complaint I have here is the same one I have with the game series, and that is that any real plot they have going is terribly disjointed with what everything is SUPPOSED to be about. It's like I'm seeing two totally different stories at once. With the games, I can usually say the villain plot could be removed from the game and nothing would be lost. With the anime, I don't know what their goal is anyway, so I don't know what to say. What I do know is that they can't be both. You can't be random and have continuity at the same time. You can't change the tone at the flip of a switch. It WOULD be interesting, except I know this has no relevance to the greater arc. Paul had much more relevance, but unfortunately, nothing was learned from it, so it ended up being meaningless. How in the world can people write this way? To have good ideas, but the focus is either taken away from them, or the execution falls flat? I can only blame executive meddling for both.
>>
I realised XY had potential when I saw the first ep as it aired. Started watching again ever since.
>>
I hate everything with Alan in it.
Alan is such a fucking spaz, jesus. He talks like a n edgy teenager pokemon fanfiction.
>>
>>25757658
The fact you don't deny watching the dub says it all.

>>25757713
>m-muh bogeyman!
Most people found the haircut to be a mistake, deal with it. Haircuts in anime are always forced drama bullshit that ruins the character.
>>
I'll be honest, Ashninja was the thing that made me curious about the anime again. I wouldn't go so far as to call it good (kek) but it has a few entertaining episodes.
>>
So how did the pokemon anime get good? Saying its better than a shit season doesn't make it good if anything it went from shit to bad
>>
>>25756646
>anime
>good
Anime stopped being good once the 80's came to a close.
>>
>>25758128
>Most people found the haircut to be a mistake

Proof?
>>
>>25758197
It's memes. Pokemon anime will never be able to be good. It's just a lot better now.

>competent Ash
>good companions
>great animation
>great pokemon
>great TF story
>great gym battles

But as long as they must force in Ash, pikachu and TR it will never be good. But you watch the anime for the pokemon, animation and battles.
>>
>>25758237
Sounds like a waste of time when you can watch the battles online
>>
>>25757690
Consider Persian can OHKO pikachu with Power Gem i dont see that being a fair fight.
>>
>>25756646
It's okay
>>
>>25758213
Same thing with cartoons, they stopped being good once the 90s came to a close.

Everything is shit now, life sucks, I hate all of you.
>>
>>25758263
They have of course a few good episode, like legit good but does are somewhat rare.

Plus, some plots like the Team Flare plot is handled much better than in the games and since it involves zygarde it's very interesting since we don't know at all what will happen and what their goal is.

My personal favorite moment from the TF plot in XY so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkD0k4qfxcc

But there a lot of good ones imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoD4MEWvQY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWZJPs3KeSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJz8KxfdE5A
>>
File: 474746795835.jpg (134KB, 900x684px) Image search: [Google]
474746795835.jpg
134KB, 900x684px
>>25758219
>>
>>25758332

That Terminus Cave battle is what i like about the anime.
>>
>>25756646
When I realized it will always be the ebin adventures of Ash and Pikachu.

Is there a more boring duo? Fucking mix it up with a different main character and side kick. We are in gen 6 for Christ's sake.
>>
>>25756646
I like it.
>>
Some neet should make a guide to watch XY and XY&Z, take away the filler and shit episodes. I would but I'm not that much of a fag.
>>
>>25756646
When did Serena's outfit become retarded?
>>
>>25760293
you mean you can't scan for the gym eps at a glance? How dense are you?
>>
Ash get a mega yet?
>>
>>25760380
Not only the gym eps. When he gets new Pokémon, when they evolve, etc

There are more important eps than the gym battles, I'd assume
>>
>>25760449
Do you really need to know how he gets a pokemon, or why they have their moves, or when they evolved? You can fill in the blanks for that.
>>
>>25758332
Is Alan working for/with Team Flare? I haven't been keeping up.
>>
>>25760550
From what I heard, he's only working with them to get to Ash.
>>
>>25760575
Well, then I hope it doesn't backfire explosively...
>>
>>25760575
>>25760586
No, not at all. Lysandre gave him is mega stone and he is pretty much his hitman. He has worked with Lysandre since episode one. He trusts Lysandre and think he's a good guy.
>>
>>25760489

>Do you really need to know how he beats the gyms? You can fill in the blanks for that.
>>
>>25760605
This make more sense. Thanks.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.