[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone was making this stuff. Where'd he go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: Where'd this guy go.png (306KB, 1063x2773px) Image search: [Google]
Where'd this guy go.png
306KB, 1063x2773px
Someone was making this stuff. Where'd he go?
>>
>>25754254
What am I looking at?
>>
>>25754419
Foodmon.
>>
>>25754254
BUMP
>>
I'm still working on it! Backsprites and shinies currently, then new moves. Already got food types added to essentials

I'll post the updated sheet in a few minutes, not at computer
>>
File: RecipeBook_v4.png (307KB, 1063x2773px) Image search: [Google]
RecipeBook_v4.png
307KB, 1063x2773px
>>25755104

Here's updated, as promised. Not much has changed, just a few additional backsprites (spicy fish, chocolate clam, pancake ghost). Still no idea what to do about the starter

I'll get to working on it again, just been catching up on work. Also working on an Essentials game with this stuff, but I don't know how that's going to pan out.
>>
>>25754254
Why is the Vanillish line Grass/Electric and Normal?
>>
>>25757460
You're looking at it wrong. The types are underneath, not above.
>>
>>25757477
oh. nvm
>>
Food-Anon, back from work. Any interest in this still? I can post essentials progress or something, but that's not much right now. Any ideas/opinions/etc?
>>
>>25760841
I love it.
What are you planning to do with it?
Make a game?
>>
>>25761484
I'm actually working on an essentials game. I've got types added but still need moves (and to finish the dex)
>>
>>25761699
Radical.
>>
File: RecipeBook_v4.png (312KB, 1063x2773px) Image search: [Google]
RecipeBook_v4.png
312KB, 1063x2773px
Burning some time after work churning out really simple backsprites
>>
>>25762789
I love you.
>>
>>25764565
Aw thanks, Anon. You're swell
>>
>>25755104
Tell me more, anon. Everything is dual-type, having a conventional primary and a taste-based secondary one?
What's the type chart of the tastes?
>>
>>25754254

Nigger why are you using Telefang sprites in this?
>>
File: typechart.png (17KB, 482x394px) Image search: [Google]
typechart.png
17KB, 482x394px
>>25765240
yep, and the taste types don't interact at all with the conventional types. here's the most up to date version. any more than that is really up in the air right now. id like to do something to make the game more different than standard Pokemon, but haven't come up with much. I'm open to suggestions!

>>25767808
oh, aside from backsprite edits i didnt make any of these. They all come from old games, mostly Fighting Foodons. Aside from those two there are some from Zoki Zoki Heroes, Shuihushenshou, Shi Kong Xing Shou, MIGHT be one or two grabbed from Robopon, Puyopop Sun, and a few other sources I think. its super lazy but, eh?
>>
>>25768122
I hope this thread lives longer than the other ones.
I'd bump, but I'm going to sleep soon.
>>
>>25768860
I'll try to keep it alive for you, anon. Thanks for all the interest in this!
>>
>>25768122
Am I reading this correctly? The only immunity is spoilt against spoilt?
>>
>>25769736
For immunities, yeah. It's all I thought really fit. If you have other suggestions I'd like to hear them though!
>>
I think its interesting that you differentiated between Savory and Umami
>>
>>25769957
I feel as though Bland could stand an immunity, but that's probably because I also feel it should get one or two more weaknesses (surely blandness gets drowned out by just about any taste).
The rest of the typechart has good internal consistency so I don't think I can reasonably offer suggestions since most would be merely based on personal taste pun intended
>>
>>25771793
I get what you're saying about bland, but I'm not sure what should be changed. I agree that any other flavor overpowers it, but if I choose one or two flavors for that i feel like id have to make it like that for ALL flavors. If you have opinions on what it should be weak / immune to I'd like to hear your reasons
>>
>>25770667
He said he needed a Dragon-like, semi-legendary type, I think.
What about Ambrosia as that type?
>>
>>25773414
Oh wow, that works great. Why didn't I think of that?
>>
>>25772122
>i feel like id have to make it like that for ALL flavors
I agree, which is why I'm not sure myself.
Maybe make Bland weak against all the 'starter' flavours, i.e. Salty, Sour and Sweet? It definitely needs more weaknesses (concptually that is) and those three might make most sense without it being too much.
Then it really needs an immunity too. I'd say spoilt, but I don't want to underpower that too. Maybe give it an immunity to something like Savoury (things are often not naturally savoury I think?) or Ambrosia (if that's a thing now) even if there's no truly sound reason for it?
>>
i don't know that bland specifically needs more weaknesses and resistances, it's pretty obviously parallel to the normal pokemon type so i imagine anyone with a little bit of pokemon knowledge looking at this would just be disappointed that blandness has all these weaknesses. i could see a lot of other types having resistances to it, tho
>>
>>25774574
>resistances
That's probably a better way of doing it.
>>
File: ambrosia.png (25KB, 667x347px) Image search: [Google]
ambrosia.png
25KB, 667x347px
Still not sure on how to work out Bland's type interactions, but have given a bit of thought on Ambrosia.

I figured there were three options:

1) Keep Umami
2) Replace Umami with Ambrosia
3) Have both Umami and Ambrosia

Personally, I prefer 3, but wanted some feedback on the idea. I like the idea of the two being weak to each other, with ambrosia being more special-oriented and Umami as physical? Maybe?

Some possible retypes shown on the right (Not sure if im completely serious about grilled cheese/pizza retype), but if Ambrosia gets in I'd like to give Combee/Vespiquen some consideration. Also might be a good type for the typeless legendary.

Could go either way on the Dragon in the middle, but the 'mons on the left I feel wouldn't transition from Umami to Ambrosia nicely. if Umami is dropped they would need to be reworked or dropped and I'm not sure what else to type them.

Thoughts?
>>
>>25775611
>2) Replace Umami with Ambrosia
Umami and Savory are technically the same thing. It'd be better to just replace it.
>>
File: despair.jpg (64KB, 431x479px)
despair.jpg
64KB, 431x479px
>>25754254
I remember being absolutely obsessed with Fighting Foodons/Bistro Recipe, I used to spend my time making OC Foodons and playing the roms of the games.

It's a shame it came out at the time where everybody was trying to be the next Pokemon, the designs of the monsters and the concept of entirely food themed monsters were fantastic enough to make me wish that the series took off, maybe if they binded their time and waited, I'd totally be playing Fighting Foodons: Yin & Yang versions trying to discover and create all 400 Foodons.

What's worse is that nobody is fucking trying to buy the rights and try to revive it, maybe Level 5 can? I can totally see a Fighting Foodon game with the Yokai Watch battle system.
>>
>>25776741
With the mild success of YW, I can see a few more new monster franchises or some revivals of old ones coming soon.
>>
i would totally play. the designs are really good
>>
>>25776741
If Fighting Foodons came back I could die happy. But we really should Spaghettabout-It
>>
File: backsprites_2.png (5KB, 243x48px)
backsprites_2.png
5KB, 243x48px
Oh, cool, the thread survived overnight! Thanks, anons.

Still trying to figure out exactly what to do with the whole Ambrosia thing, so until i get that figured out here's some new backsprites and a shiny
>>
>>25779449
Good stuff.
>>
Where are the starters?
>>
>>25780390
I've actually got no idea what to do with starters. Scratch sprites, non pokemon edits, pokemon edits... I've got a vague idea that I want water to be soda and grass to have pretzels, but as far as designs and animal bases I haven't decided. I'm open to suggestions
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.