[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: Annoyed Pika.png (264KB, 712x400px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Pika.png
264KB, 712x400px
I've been playing it since the release and I've been every league cept the iron league. After I beat it, will I finally unlock the rest of the characters or is the currect selection along with Dark and regular Mewtwo the only ones cause if so that's some fucking bullshit of a 60$ game and my rating of 8/10 will drop to 6/10

Dont make me do this Pokemon/Nintendo/Tekken
>>
>>25753956
Seriously, anon?

You have no one to blame but yourself for your mental retardation.
>>
>>25753992
What are you even talking about
>Oh god! He doesn't know!
>better insult instead of being helpful!
>>
>>25754006
>Oh god! He doesn't know!
That's precisely why you're retarded. What kind of dumb fuck doesn't research a game before purchasing, a fighting game no less.
>>
>>25754122
>taking you this long to respond
dude, come the fuck on.
Yes I did and they said there was going to be a decent amt of characters and all I get is what like 14?
I've been following this game for almost 2 years. On and off them talking about a bunch of fighting pokemon. Is Hitmonlee and chan even in this game? I was told they would be.
>>
>>25753956
It's always a beautiful sight to watch a beta gamer getting out of his comfort zone for once and trying a fighting game instead of the same puzzle/rpg shit he always plays.
How cute.
>>
>>25754133
16,the same amount SFV had in the beginning
>>
>>25754133
>Following for two years
>Is Hitmonlee and chan in this game?
Yeah, I don't think so.
>>
>>25754133
I'm not the same person you ADHD fuck.
16 characters is completely standard for a fighting game. Pikachu Libre and Shadow Mewtwo are completely unique characters. Besides the two you mentioned, there is nobody else. Obviously you haven't been following the game very closely if you thought there was more.

>On and off them talking about a bunch of fighting pokemon.

Who is "them"? They said almost immediately that the game wouldn't be populated by only fighting types.

Jesus you are fucking dumb.
>>
File: 1459038513570.jpg (44KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1459038513570.jpg
44KB, 1024x1024px
>>25754133
>Says they researched the game
You seem to not have done enough if you couldn't take the time to read up how many characters there were, or just who the characters in the game are.

instead of blaming the game, blame it on yourself for faulty game research. Don't expect to have your hand held for this kind of thing.
>>
>>25754136
Isn't it though? If he game any little shit about fighting games, he'd know that he's going to basically pick up two or three characters and not touch anybody else, even if there are 50 characters. It's the same kind of faggot who complains about the Smash Bros. roster because a certain character isn't on the CSS. They don't care about playing as them, they just want to look at them.
>>
>>25754136
What are you even talking about?
I play these all the time, but this game is a different level of fighting. I'm use to street fighter and Smash
>2016
>thinking everyone is a beta still
do you goto the bar and hit on woman and call all all drinks non-beer/whisky pussy drinks too?

>>25754153
>calling me an ADHD fuck
ok and the fact that you are anon and the other guys are anon. No I can't fucking tell you apart.
>pika libre
>shadow mewtwo
These are right up there with Dark Pit and Dark Mario, it's fucking doubles and it's fucking stupid.
>almost no fighting types in a fighting game
that literally is faulty fucking logic and you know it. With over 700 pokemon in the games, you'd think at least 50 would make sense (I'm just saying. 20 max would be cool). Spending 60 on this game sense like a bad move desu if I don't see more pokemon

>>25754163
>Don't expect to have your hand held for this kind of thing.
I didn't ask for hand holding, I asked if I'm going to see anything else

Last few days, everyone on /vp/ was jizzing their pants over this game and now there's hardly a thread on it? What do?
>>
Dr Mario*
>>
Why would you need anything besides Pikachu Libre anyway?
>>
>>25754186
I called you an ADHD fuck because you commented on how long it took to get a response. Even if I was the same person that's a testament to how autistic you are.

Shadow Mewtwo and Pikachu Libre are completely unique, with all new attacks and playstyles. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are Mario and Pit. There is a difference, but I expect no less from a fucking Smashfag rosterwhore who is playing a real fighting game for the first time in your life.

You were spoiled by Smash Bros., which took four games to get 50 characters, by the way, and expect the first game in a franchise to get more than what you did? Smash has all 700 Pokemon, AND every Nintendo character on the planet + third parties. You know nothing about game development and have no right to complain about something that you weren't FORCED to buy and did so without doing any research.
>>
>>25754259
>all I know how to do is be negative and spout insults

Fuck off if that's all you can do you asshole.

So what if I like smash. Fuck off.
>>
>>25754275
>All I know how to do is be negative.
Oh the irony.

Nice counter-argument, faggot. You know you're retarded and have nothing to say.

I like Smash too but I didn't let it turn my into a whiny baby who brainlessly buys things without giving it any forethought and then complains on the Internet about it.
>>
>>25754287
No dude, what pisses me off is that every other fighting game has around 20+ characters. This, gives you 16, no real story at all, hell even in Brawl it had a better story (even if I don't really remember it), and at best it's gives you slight other animation with an annoying woman cheering you on. Woot anon.

I'm not whining, I'm curious as to why the hell they did this without adding more to the game. Sm4sh at least is a 15GB game while this remains 4gbs? They could of made this game a lot bigger, added in more sequences, added in more story. Maybe if they make a Pokken 2 for the NX, cause it's obv it's not gonna be a Wii U game, it will be better and have more too it. All I'm saying is that it needs to have at least more too the game. If they establish this as the heart of the new franchise, that's cool.

But seriously anon, you don't gotta be a dick cause you an anon on the internet. You can get your point across with out being a douche bag man.
>>
>>25754306
>No dude, what pisses me off is that every other fighting game has around 20+ characters.
Are you not reading a single thing anybody is saying? This is the first (1st) Pokken game. Sm4sh is 15gb and has a roster of 50+ characters because it's the FOURTH GAME IN THE FRANCHISE. I challenge you to give me a single fighting game from a new franchise released recently with the same amount of polish as Pokken. I'll wait. Street Fighter V, which just came out in February, ALSO has 16 characters, and it's the fifth game in the franchise, not counting the super turbo ultimate whatevers or crossovers. So don't even give me the "Every other fighting game has 20+!" bullshit.

Why did they do it? Time constraints? Budget? Is it that hard to figure out? Obviously you have no grasp on how the real world, let alone video game development, works. This is a solid fighting game, and while a larger roster would have been nice, it's doing just fine with only 16 characters. How about you learn all of them and then come back to complain.

I'm pissed off because I also make video games for a living and it brings my blood to a boil when numbskull chucklefuck consumers like you walk around spouting your unintelligent, incorrect opinions on the internet as if you are in the right. You have no -NO- idea how much work was put into this game to get what it has.
>>
>>25754306
But anon is right. You should have informed yourself before buying the game.
>>
>>25754351
>Why did they do it? Time constraints? Budget? Is it that hard to figure out? Obviously you have no grasp on how the real world, let alone video game development, works
if it's been in dev for almost 2 years if not more, they've had plenty of time to do all that

>you have NO idea
Dude, I want to be a Game Music composer. I've been offered by someone once. Finding someone who wants me to work with them? that would be amazing. Stop assuming people don't know what it's like without asking.

You're so overly pissed off at someone on the internet. Jesus dude, calm the fuck down, you're making your own self mad.
>Incorrect opinion
>opinion
Oh right, I'm on 4chan, I'm not allowed to HAVE MY OWN OPINION
jesus anon, I would seriously start beating your ass right now if I saw you.
>>
>>25754306
Most fighting games start with about 10-16 characters in the game's first iteration. Big rosters take a lot time to both make and balance out, hence why they often port shit over from previous games. How many Pokken games have been released so far?

What fighting games have you even played in the past. I'm guessing that list isn't very diverse if all you care about is roster size and (holy shit) story.

And jesus, op, you purchased a game without putting any research into it, were dissatisfied, and then came here to complain. Don't be surprised when you get called out for being retarded.
>>
>>25754306
>what pisses me off is that every other fighting game has around 20+ characters
16 is absolutely standard for any completely new fighting game (that is, titles that are a first of a series), especially ones where all character body types are distinctly different and the developers can't reuse the same character model

>>25754368
>if it's been in dev for almost 2 years if not more, they've had plenty of time to do all that
never mind holy shit why is anyone even bothering arguing with you. Do you seriously think you have a grasp on how game development works when you spout misinformed, asinine shit like that?
>>
>>25754368
>I want to work for vidya!
>So I totally how how game development works, I even got a nondescript job offer!
>Namefaggotry
>I'll fight you irl
How old are you?
>>
>>25754368
>if it's been in dev for almost 2 years if not more, they've had plenty of time to do all that
And every other game has a similar development cycle. Your point? See: >>25754384

I don't care if you 'want' to be a game composer or have been offered a job. You have yet to do so and have demonstrated multiple times in this thread that you have no idea what development entails.

Opinion wasn't the right word. You are spreading false information about how it 'could' have been done. You think they finished the game a month into development and then sat there with their thumbs up their asses for 23 more?

You will never get a job in the industry being as dumb as you are. As a creator, I have every right to be upset with you.
>>
>>25754363
I was told there were more Pokemon in the game initially. I've been reading rumors and they've not completely said yes or no. So I sorta lucked it out and seeing what I get.

>>25754372
>Don't be surprised when you get called out for being retarded.
>we have other threads here where people complain
>you're not allowed your opinion at all
Little roster, very little story, I can understand if it's meant to include extras like crazy but the fact that 16 characters and like 5 pages of a story? Come on. It was alright for it. But again, I feel like they put doubling 2 characters just was pointless.Why have 2 mewtwos?
>We have Ryu and Ken, better make a dark version of them!
>What about Chun Li?
>sure! that way we don't have to do much work!
700 pokemon and they couldn't go any bigger?

>>25754384
They've more than likely been working on this game longer of course, but it's been leaked for almost more than 2 years. If so, why would they not add more?
Sure, let there be 16 for a first game, but at 60 bucks?

>>25754391
1. I want to be a music game composer
2. I didn't say I completely understand it I said I get part of it.
3. Oh no, I'm using the name Anonymous.mp4. Why do you care about names in 2016?
4. sure
5. 24

>>25754402
>As a creator, I have every right to be upset with you.
Having fun making indie games on steam that will never sell?
LOL shuttup loser. You get so mad at 1 single dude on the internet, someone will call your games shit and you will lose it! You will call them out and get mad. Fuck off back to your indie work cunt bag.
>>
Fuck you assholes. I'm not putting up with this shit at 4:30 AM. thank god I can drop this name tonight and you wont know who I am the next day.
>>
>>25754423
Fuck you too, retard. Now get some rest and stop browsing the internet at 4:00 in the morning.
>>
>>25754415
>I was told there were more Pokemon in the game initially. I've been reading rumors and they've not completely said yes or no. So I sorta lucked it out and seeing what I get.
Then you didn't do ANY actual research, you fucking idiot.

>Having fun making indie games on steam that will never sell?
I love how that's the part you single out, because you have no real rebuttal to the rest of my post.
Refer to this one: >>25754275
If you must know, I work for Rockstar San Diego, but, of course, you won't believe me. I'm doing better than you'll ever do in the industry in your entire life.

>>25754423
Good riddance, baby. Don't wet the bed.
>>
>>25754432
im choosing not to get into it, there's a difference.

fuck off asshole. Hope your first real game fails on you so bad you hang yourself.
>>
>>25754435
My first real game was Red Dead Redemption, actually. :)
>>
>>25754438
I call bullshit.
prove it.
>>
I just think it's funny that the outcome of this ordeal is that the guy who wants to work as a game music composer a) proves himself to have zero grasp or even remotely reasonable estimates on how the industry works and b) insults developers and imply that they will never make a living off of their games, when he's at the same time actively pursuing one of the lowest paying positions in video games development.
>>
>>25754446
>insults devs
There's no proof to either side of said argument
>wants to be
didn't say it was going to happen
>>
File: baby-on-computer1.jpg (25KB, 406x296px) Image search: [Google]
baby-on-computer1.jpg
25KB, 406x296px
>this thread

holy fuck this thread is an embarrassment. It's literally some underage kids first shitpost. Anon has nothing to prove by making this thread other than showing his lack of basic research and brain capacity. Go complain somewhere else.
>>
>>25754452
How does whether or not someone's claims of working with video games being legitimate or not change the fact that you just insulted them and made a general ass out of yourself in this thread?

Weren't you supposed to go to bed?
>>
>>25754454
and by posting in it, you keep bumping it
>>
>>25754463
They're allowed to insult and I'm not?
What gives them the right to be an ass and I'm not?

I said nothing about going to sleep
>>
>>25754452
>There's no proof to either side of said argument
what's the other side, dumbass? it doesn't matter if he really makes games or not, obviously he has a better grasp on the situation than you do.
>>
>>25754471
>has a better grasp
>literally can pull it up all on google
means nothing
>>
>>25754452
>>25754445
I have nothing to prove to you. This is an anonymous imageboard, right? I can just log off and none of you will know who I am tomorrow, right? (>>25754423)

>>25754480
>>literally can pull it up all on google
Sounds like you could've done the same thing before buying the game. Man you are hilarious.
>>
>>25754487
then go away and stop bumping the thread and let it die.
>>
>>25754501
You'd like that wouldn't you? I want everyone on this board to see how stupid you are.
>>
>>25754133
You do know fighting games rarely have a ridiculously large roster at the beginning right?
Wait for Pokken 2. Why toss in a bunch of characters into a game with no established formula? It'll only result in a cluttered roster with clones. It's better to test the waters with a select few, who will in turn have more individuality and then they can better the system from there.
You think Tekken, MK or Street Fighter started out with a roster of 30 characters?
>>
>>25754533
Don't get him started again. He's been told this several times already.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.