[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forgettable moves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 9

File: Screech.png (19KB, 274x246px) Image search: [Google]
Screech.png
19KB, 274x246px
>been playing for 11+ years
>completely forgot this move was a thing
>keep trying to remember what it does or who learns it or when the fuck i've even seen it used
>look it up in frustration
>has been around since gen 1
>lowers def by TWO stages
>that huge as fuck distribution all the way up to and including gen 6

F U C K I N G _ H O W ?
>>
The simple solution is that you're an idiot.
>>
File: Capture.png (98KB, 476x254px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
98KB, 476x254px
>>25752855
>"I never had a Steelix in Gen 2"
Legit, Steelix w/ Screech was amazing, I basically hit everything with it once, then proceed to anally demolish them. I believe it also uses the pokemon's cry when you use it, or is that Growl?

This move is acceptable, Defence Curl did the exact same thing and was more useful (rollout) than this.
>>
>>25752855
Quash.
>>
Sludge is forgettable, especially with Sludge Bomb being more accessible and useful.
>>
Synchronoise. I have never seen anything use synchronoise.
>>
>>25752912
>the evil brother of after you
>forgettable
ok pal
>>
i only saw the animation for reflect type once ever, during gen 5

other than that, ive seen the animation for every other move at least 2 times except 1 that was introduced in gen 6, i dont remember the name
>>
>>25752982

Synchronoise is so bad

>they buffed it from 70 to 120 from Gen 5 to Gen 6
>it's still shit.

the worse thing is that mostly psychics and normals learn it. If it had better distribution such as given to every grass type ever and whatnot, it would be a lot better.
>>
>>25753031
leafeon gets it but kek
>it gets STAB for the same type it resists
t-thanks GF
>>
Sharpen
>>
>>25753031
Seriously, the only pokemon who can take advantage of it is a Kecleon who was hit with a poison move previous to using it.
>>
Poison gas. Literally just a worse toxic, and they've been buffing it constantly ever since. I don't know why this move exists when toxic is better in every way and has an almost all encompassing distribution
>>
Poison Gas.
I lost the ammount of times I saw Toxic, or hell, even used it.

I also lost the ammount of times I saw Poison Gas being used, because it's probably zero if you ignore 1st/2nd gen.
>>
>>25752855
I can't forget Screech. The sound it made in Gen1 was awful.
>>
Pledge moves
Moves that affect multi battles like after you, ally switch, etc.
Some of the field changing moves, like the terrain moves, gravity, wonder room.
Embargo
Many stat lowering moves like kinesis, tickle, cotton spore, feather dance
Normal type punch/kick moves
imprison
mirror move
barrage
nightmare
present
smelling salts
nature/secret power
>>
File: reflect type.png (15KB, 275x239px) Image search: [Google]
reflect type.png
15KB, 275x239px
It's not so much that it's forgettable.

But I'm unsure if anybody knows this move exists.
>>
>>25753088

poison gas is the early game version
>>
Petal Blizzard!
>>
File: 416Vespiquen_DP_anime.png (72KB, 586x754px) Image search: [Google]
416Vespiquen_DP_anime.png
72KB, 586x754px
Daily reminder that this pokemon has three signature moves that no other pokemon can learn
>>
>>25753406
Everyone knows that what
>>
>>25753405
>It's physical

Reeee
>>
>>25752855
honestly why arent stat decreasing moves used more in the metagame aside from m-muh hyperoffense
>>
>>25753362
That move is amazing on starmie.
>>
>>25753452
Because they can switch, whereas boosting stays upto when you decide to switch or are phazed...
>>
>>25753406

>that fake bullshit rumor that genesect would get all three

I was excited.
>>
>>25753468
but it at least forces a switch, and theres moves ike block and mean look
>>
>>25753362
>Learned by Tentacruel at level 1
>Learned by Staryu, but not Starmie, at level 40
>Learned by Mew at level 1
>Learned by Latias at level 70

What the fuck is this move. Did anyone know about this before Alpha Sapphire?
>>
>>25753499
>Not knowing about it.
Dude... It's a very useful move
>>
Fucking bestow
>>
>>25753511
On 4 pokemon
>>
>>25753477
Which is why memento has usage.
>>
>>25753528
A bulky starmie can sponge a lot of hits due to reflect type and it being fast as fuck.
>>
>>25753477
Because Burn and Paralyze do stat lowering far better.
>>
>>25753031
i was finding weird strats for umbreon today and was amazed by the fact it has synchronoise. about pissed myself laughing
>>
Spike cannon
>>
File: 55.png (48KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
55.png
48KB, 260x240px
>They didn't even make moon beam fairy type in Gen VI
>>
one word: powder
>>
>>25753499
>>Learned by Mew at level 1
You're acting as if that's newsworthy
>>
>>25753599
Had to bulba if that was even a thing
>>
>>25753573
synchronoise umbreon... aka a 3 moveslot umbreon
>>
Rototiller
>>
Guard Split/Power Split

Made even more confusing by the fact that there are other moves that have similar names.
>>
>>25753578
Cheeky son of a gun.
I actually went and looked it up!
>>
See if you can explain what these moves do without referencing bulbapedia
>conversion
>conversion 2
>foresight
>odor sleuth
>power trick
>captivate
>wonder room
>rage powder
>quash
>bestow
>hold hands
>hold back
>the terrain moves
>>
Heart Swap.
>>
>>25753715
What I know most of those. Are you retarded?
>>
>>25753733
Oh, I guess I'm the only one who saw them do nothing in game and never bothered to look them up
>>
>>25753715
the only ones i couldnt easily describe were hold back, power trick, and "the terrain moves". do they all heal certain mons or do they have different effects
>>
>>25753715
>conversion
>conversion 2
They have some kind of changing type effect.

>foresight
>odor sleuth
Makes you able to hit ghosts with normal and fighting moves.

>power trick
Switches your attacking stats with your defensive stats.

>captivate
I wanna say it lowers your opponent's attack stat, but I think I'm thinking of charm.

Don't know about anything else.
>>
>>25753742
Hold Back is literally a weaker False Swipe, Power Trick swaps the user's ATK/SPA with their DEF/SPD, and the terrain moves create lingering effects. Grassy Terrain heals pokemon on the ground for 1/8 of their max HP each turn and weakens Earthquake and Bulldoze, and maybe Magnitude. Electric Terrain prevents pokemon on the ground from falling asleep and it boosts the power of electric moves. Misty Terrain reduces dragon damage by half and maybe does one other thing that I don't have memorized

>>25753748
Captivate lowers SPA but only if the target is the opposite gender
>>
>not using Quash for competitive doubles
Scrubs, the lot of you :^)
>>
Which of these do you know the effects of without having to look it up?
>heart swap
>sharpen
>spider web
>psych up
>imprison
>camouflage
>feather dance
>teeter dance
>miracle eye
>lucky chant
>telekinesis
>entrainment
>ally switch
>rototiller
>ion deluge
>play nice
>eerie impulse
>magnetic flux
>happy hour
>role play
>flatter
>>
>>25753859
>heart swap
Swaps stat boosts
>sharpen
+1 attack
>spider web
traps opponent
>psych up
copies stat changes
>imprison
stops opponent using moves you know
>camouflage
changes type
>feather dance
-2 attack
>teeter dance
confuses
>miracle eye
allows psychic moves to hit dark types
>lucky chant
blocks crits
>telekinesis
moves always hit anything hit by this
>entrainment
gives abilities
>ally switch
hurr durr I wonder what this does
>rototiller
+1 attack and special attack for any grass type on the field
>ion deluge
turns normal moves electric
>play nice
-1 attack, not blocked by protect
>eerie impulse
-2 spa
>magnetic flux
fuck if I know
>happy hour
doubles reward money
>role play
copies ability
>flatter
confuses target, also +1 spa

t. autism
>>
>>25753859
All of them
>>
Acid and Acid Spray.
>>
I wish I knew what the fuck they were thinking with some of the moves introduced in gen 5 and 6. Aside from Psyshock i can't think of any Gen 5 move worth shit and every move worth using in Gen 6 is some mon's signature move or is Play Rough/Moonblast. Who decided that Rototiller, Confide, Belch, Echoed Voice, Flame Burst, Guard Split, and Telekinesis needed to exist?
>>
>>25753088
>>25753104
It hits all adjacent opponents in doubles/triples. Too bad poison is garbage in those formats.
>>
>>25753599
>powder
what the fuck its real
>>
>>25753859

Only ones i didnt remember was the weird new electric moves. Never saw them used in game.
>>
Focus Energy is something you kinda forget about after low levels for a lot of pokemon unless you use it in combination with crit-raising held items for pokemon that do nothing but crit
>>
>>25752899
there was the combo with skull bash, which was pointless once they made the first turn of that give you a defense boost anyway. also only a few can learn it. and why give up a move slot to simply fakeout a pontential protect or switch.

while we're at it, skull bash is a pretty overlooked move, simply because it takes a turn to charge, and generaly no one wants to do that when they could potentialy do more damage in 2 turns with non damaging moves.
>>
>>25753599
I find the move interesting but it's so situational. the team you're fighting could not even have an obvious fire type, and something that used Hidden Power for coverage might not even be fire so you just have to guess. If it works against Will o Wisp I could see some use against obvious Prankster mons, but that's about it.
>>
>>25753427
Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>25754048
>Telekinesis needed to exist?
Fuck you. I had some fun in my doubles Trick Room team with my TR setter also being my Telekinesis user. Pair that user with a powerhouse like Fire Blast MegaCamerupt or Head Smash+IronTail Aggron and proceed to wreck house.
>>
>>25753088
>>25753104
I dunno isnt it just a low level move for poison status distro for shit like gulpin and koffing that dont have poisonous spines. (I mean gulpin has that yellow thing but...)
>>
File: Whoooa.gif (504KB, 334x252px) Image search: [Google]
Whoooa.gif
504KB, 334x252px
I've been poisoned! help!!!
>>
>>25753088
used it to find HA gligars in hordes
>>
>>25754922
jesus christ, that's the most situational use for a move i've seen for a move in awhile
>>
>>25753406
And the three are amazing
>>
>speed increasing moves on already fast as fuck pokemons

why
>>
>>25753185
Smelling Salts hands down. I have never heard of it up until now.
>>
>>25753635
This and ion deluge. I was messing around with metronome and both these moves popped out and I had to go look them up
>>
>>25752855
are you retarded literally every mon learns this like lv11
>>
>>25755012
you never saw hariyama use it in gen 3?
>>
>>25754048
>forgetting scald
>>
>>25755117
Scald is gen 4
>>
>>25753528
Bullshit. Kecleon, Gengar, and Stunfisk get it, and that's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>25755127
it's gen 5
>>
>>25753644
Guard/Power Split/Swap are all very useful moves. I just wish a decent high HP, low defenses Pokemon learned Guard Split. I run it on a fun defensive Eviolite Kadabra set that's total Knock Off bait.
>>
>>25755154
Sorry, I was thinking of Brine, another forgettable move which was indeed introduced in Gen 4
>>
>>25753715
Let's go:
>changes type to match one of your moves (used on bulky porygon z that only had ghost and normal moves)
>changes type to one that resists opponent's last move
>resets evasion, removes ghost's immunities
>same
>swaps physical attack and defense stat (how has anyone not heard of this after shuckle)
>lowers sp attack by two for pokemon of opposite gender. ignored by oblivious
>swaps sp def and def stats for all pokemon on field. no longer has decreased priority this gen
>okay, you're baiting with this one. grass'type analogue for follow me, an ultra common move in doubles and triples
>makes a target move dead last, regardless of priority. amazing on prankster pokemon
>gives a pokemon your held item.
>fucking nothing
>literally false swipe
>electric boosts elec moves by 1.5, prevents thunder from missing, prevents sleep. fairy lowers dragon damage, prevents stats from beimg lowered. grass heals all pokemon's hp by 1/16 at the turns end, boosts grass damage. affect only grounded mons, change secret and nature power
>>
ITT: absolute fucking reddit casuals
>>
>>25753406
Why do people dislike Gen 4 designs again
>>
>>25752855
Did you never fight an Onix, like ever?
>>
>>25754959
>Defense order
>Amazing

'no'
>>
Ion deluge.
Rototiller.
Ally switch.
Aromatic mist.
Electrify.
Flower shield.
Heart swap.
Magnetic flux.

Yes they are all real attacks and I have probably seen all of them only once or twice.
>>
File: ion deluge.png (17KB, 434x331px) Image search: [Google]
ion deluge.png
17KB, 434x331px
Holy fuck, I didn't even know this move existed until recently, and I played the shit out of X and Y. Bulbapedo doesn't even have an image, it's so obscure.
>>
Tickle

Poison Gas

Synchronoise

Submission

Quash

Snatch

Incinerate

Soak

Flame Burst

Shock Wave
>>
Quick Bulbapedia scan for any that I haven't thought about in a long time:

Rolling Kick
Meditate being Gen 1. First time we all probably saw it was Gen 3.
Spark being Gen 2. Again, we all saw it first in Gen 3 if we didn't use Chinchou.
Psycho Shift
Autotomize
After You
Ally Switch
Searing Shot
Fell Stinger
Electrify
Fairy Lock
Play Nice
Aromatic Mist
Hold Back
>>
>>25753715
I'll give it a go

>Changes type to opponent's (?)
>Changes type to type that resists move last used by opponent
>Lowers evasiveness, reveals ghosts
>Lowers evasiveness, reveals ghosts
>Power trick swaps offensive stat changes
>Captivate sharply lowers Sp. Atk of opposite gender
>Wonder room is...fuck
>Rage powder is like Follow Me
>Quash makes a target move last
>Bestow gives a berry to a pokemon
>Hold hands does nothing
>Hold back does nothing
>Pledges make swamps, rainbows and burning forests
>>
>>25752855
Really? It's pretty common amongst enemy pokemon from earyl to midgame.
>>
Fairy Lock
Crafty Shield
Both signature moves but you've probably never seen them used.
>>
File: 2a5.jpg (77KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
2a5.jpg
77KB, 400x551px
Forgetting moves that existed before Gen V is unacceptable, that's when they started introducing the truly useless and obscure moves.
>>
>>25753599
>This move is an increased priority move. If a Pokémon affected by Powder attempts to use a Fire-type move during that turn, they take damage equal to 25% of their maximum HP and cannot execute the move (PP is still consumed).
It is actually is... A pretty cool move.
>>
>Celebrate
>>
>>25753185
>>25755378
>Tickle

Shadow Tag Gothitelle with Tickle is actually good tho
>>
>>25753406
Gamefreak really needs to give Vespiquen a mega or a decent hidden ability

So much potential
>>
>>25753715
The only thing that I can't describe is terrain moves as they're quite complex.
>>
acid armor
>>
>>25755373
I use this a lot in double for magnezone's tri attack and explosion while the deluger has volt absorb. It even has +4 priority so works if you're expecting a normal move from opponent.
>>
>>25753499
Reflect type stamie is a great rapid spin variant. Reflect type, rapid spin, recover, and scald
>>
So who here can tell me Frost Breath's effect and Dual Chop's typing without checking.
>>
>>25753185
Barrage dude, jesus
I had literally never heard of it before i saw blues exegutor
>>
File: file.png (179KB, 794x518px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
179KB, 794x518px
Trick-or-treat
>>
>>25753644
>shuckle guard split
>eviolette chansey
I have won more than a few double battles with two pokemon totaling 5 moves
>>
>>25755957
Dual chop is dragon, i know that
>>
>no one mentioned Flower Shield
>not sure if memorable move
>or just that forgotten
>>
>>25755957
Frost breath is 100% crit right?
>>
>>25755957
Ice, 100% crit chance
Dragon, hits twice

Dual chop could be useful if you set up first but you'd most likely be dead already.
>>
>>25756076
There's a move called Flower Shield? I'm actually surprised, I like the name of it, sounds cool.
>>
>>25755385
Pretty paltry attempt. Check the cheat sheet >>25755210
>>
>>25756206
It's more or less useless.
It only raises the defense of all grass types on the field and only three pokemon learn it.
>>
>>25755957

I know Dual Chop is Dragon because Sceptile can learn it now, and I used his mega sometimes in-game.
>>
>>25756236
That sucks, cool name though regardless.
>>
>>25755957
I use dual chop on my mega garchomp to break subs and sashes. Its actually really good, considering its basically as strong as dragon claw
>>
>>25756206
Learned by Sunflora, Cherrim, and Florges, so I'm nor exactly surprised you've never heard of it.
>>
>>25753635
Yeah, this wins.

Only Ground-type move introduced in Generation VI excluding the Legendary Signature moves like Thousand Arrows and Precipice Blades.

About six or so Pokemon can learn it, all of them evolved, at Level 1---so the only way to get it iirc is using the Move Reminder.

And all it does is boost the power of Grass-type moves. It seems like it should've been involved in the Berry Field though...
>>
>>25752855
Screech is probably my best-remembered status move because of how good it is in-game (since AI doesn't usually switch out). You're probably kinda dumb since it's really a very common move both on wild pokemon as well as on trainers.

>>25752982
>Umbreon learns it

>>25753185
Man, Kinesis. What is even the point of that move. And why would it be Kadabra's signature move? At least have it lower accuracy by two stages, or have it deal Normal-type Special damage or something.
>>
>>25756195
Dragon dance dual chop haxorus is awesome, and gimmick swords dance unburden sceptile has a few viable moves (drain punch, leaf blade, quick attack, and dual chop which ever set you choose). Dual chop is a great move.
>>
>nobody mentioned vacuum-cut

inb4 "REEEEEEE PMD"
>>
>>25752855
>unpleasant tone
Bulbapedo "translators" strike again
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.