[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 6.5 >Post yfw it doesn't happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

File: images (11).jpg (21KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
21KB, 443x332px
>Gen 6.5
>Post yfw it doesn't happen
>>
File: n99j67M0191qfugwzo1_400.gif (1MB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
n99j67M0191qfugwzo1_400.gif
1MB, 400x268px
>>25747651
>>
I love how gen 7 fags are so insecure they feel the need to repost this thread everyday.

But I don't blame you. You only have 5 days to stay in your delusion before the footage comes out. So you may as well enjoy your last moments before getting BTFO.
>>
File: 1457292161095.png (212KB, 489x605px) Image search: [Google]
1457292161095.png
212KB, 489x605px
science leads more towards gen 7 because of new pokemon, new names that don't have anything to relate to gen 6 games, and "a new adventure". but the new adventure bit is kind of flawed due to or/as' "new adventure"
>mfw its gen 7
>mfw its gen not 7
>mfw i'm just happy for a new game
>>
File: really.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>25747693
Lol and what type of footage will BTFO Gen 7 fags? The official website has already stated that there is new Pokemon. Your post is irrelevant
>>
>>25747693
It doesn't even matter what we get this week because you faggots will change the definition of your retarded gen 6.5 again.
>>
>>25747744
According to their own made up definitions new region and new pokemon =/= new generation.
>>
>>25747744
>Lol and what type of footage will BTFO Gen 7 fags?

Same graphics and aesthetic as XY/ORAS.
>>
>>25747776
So now it's graphics? So if we got no new pokemon or no new region but different graphics it would be gen 7?
>>
>>25747776
since when does that define a generation? we're at the point where the 3ds is just so shit that it can't even play pokemon games at 60fps and x/y had constant frame drops. you really think they can improve graphics?
>>
>>25747799
No. It's a number of factors. Mostly mechanics and compatibility. But if the graphics are the same that will be a clear symptom of being gen 6. Every single gen so far has had upgraded graphics/look from the previous gen, even different gens on the same system.
>>
>>25747770
>>25747776
New region and new pokemon have always been what defined a generation, this "graphics" shit didn't start until Zytardes got upset their god isn't getting a game
>>
>>25747693
why? only retards like >>25747776 think if the graphics are the same it must be the same gen.
>>
>>25747854
New set of mechanics and compatibility have always defined a generation.
>>
>>25747828
Fucking hell, did all of you think this before? This is such a retarded definition. And no matter what, the wider fandom will always consider new Pokemon to mean a new generation.
>>
>>25747874
It has never been what defined a generation, it has always been new set of pokemon, that's why we call certain pokemon "Gen II" pokemon or "Gen V" pokemon, because they were the defining factor. This mechanics and compatibility (btw, new pokemon automatically means no compatibility you retard) shit didn't start until Sun and Moon got announced
>>
>>25747874
r/b/y vc can only transfer to s/m (but not x/y and or/as) via pokebank
new sneaking in or/as is a new mechanic, but it's still gen 6

i feel like the only thing that defines a new gen is a new region with new pokemon. even if the graphics are the same, which they will be because the 3ds is already shit, it will be gen 7 with new pokemon and a new region. it wouldnt be gen 6.5, it'd be 7
>>
File: 1459058783066.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459058783066.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>25747912
Nope, it's always been compatibility and mechanics. Before new Pokemon also just happened to get introduced. But now the times are changing. New Pokemon doesn't mean incompatibility because ORAS is still compatible with XY despite new megas/moves/abilities.

>>25747915
Transferring is backwards compatibility. It's not two way compatibility. And the mechanics aren't the same.
>>
>>25747937
wrong. new mechanics and abilities were introduced because there were new pokemon to make use of them.
>>
>>25747937
fucking end your career bro. this shit makes no sense. all new generations have had new fucking pokemon. if theres new fucking pokemon, its a new fucking gen. with new pokemon, theres always a new region. whats your fucking email so i can laugh at you when you're wrong.
>>
>>25747937
You can't trade everything from ORAS to XY means it's not fully compatible. It has always been new pokemon, with a new set of starters and legendaries. You have to be a retard to think mechanics have anything to do with generations. B2W2 added mechanics, does that make it Gen 6? Every set of games has different mechanics, it means nothing.
>>
>>25747937
>it's always been compatibility and mechanics
Has it? How long have you actually believed this? Genuinely curious, because I literally have never seen anyone say this until the 6.5 vs 7 debate started up.
>>
>>25747937
>Nope, it's always been compatibility in mechanics
Do you think people were arguing this when gen 2 was coming out? The "generations" refer to new groups of Pokemon, because it's a convenient way to say which Pokemon are in each game.
>Gold was a gen 2 game, so it has Pokemon from gens 1 and 2
>Heartgold was a gen 4 game, so it has Pokemon from gens 1-4
>Blue was a gen 1 game, so it only has Pokemon from gen 1
And before you mention Formes, new generations are agreed by most people to mean new Pokemon with new Pokedex numbers.
>>
File: 1458834139602.gif (1MB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
1458834139602.gif
1MB, 480x269px
>>
>>25747984
No, they were introduced because it's a new gen

>>25747999
But it's still compatible. Battling and trading means compatibility. The mechanics also have to be shared for battling to work.

>>25748019
I've believed it since always. No one said until recently because it's never had to go up for debate until recently

>>25748040
>Do you think people were arguing this when gen 2 was coming out?
No, because gen 2 satisfied both sides of the argument.
>>
>>25748059
Holy fuck, tai got that swimmer body going.
>>
File: 1447303064317.jpg (30KB, 353x270px) Image search: [Google]
1447303064317.jpg
30KB, 353x270px
>>
>>25747776
BW graphics was nearly identical to Diamond and Pearl. Yet it was a new gen. Face it, we're Gen 7 now. Sun and Moon will have a new world (region), new story, and new Pokemon, which we have two examples of already
>>
>>25748071
>gen 2 satisfied both sides of the argument
Not completely, gen 1 was trade-compatible with gen 2. And way to ignore the rest of what I said.
>>
how can you say compatibility defines a new gen when without new pokemon, compatibility would be a non-issue?
>>
>>25748071
What new mechanics were introduced in gen V that made it a new gen from IV?
>>
>>25748098
They're only nearly identical if you're fucking blind. Even the overworld sprites are different.

>>25748116
They're not compatible because it can't battle. And the mechanics aren't the same. I ignored the rest of your post because it's not relevant to my point.
>>
>>25748188
How is it irrelevant to your point?
>>
>>25748152
Compatibility is still an issue with new types, changed move effects, changed ability effects, stat calculation, etc

>>25748171
See every move effect change, every ability change, sleep mechanics, rotom's type, and the lack of a ??? type
>>
>>25748213
And you seriously think that shit alone is enough to call it a new gen? Jesus Christ...
>>
>>25748200
Because I already made it clear that mechanics and compatibility is a new generation. You can still call Magearna a gen 6 Pokemon regardless of it being in XY the same way you can still call Mega Sceptile a gen 6 Mega regardless of it being in ORAS. They're put in a category regardless.

>>25748232
When the compatibility is also broken? Yes.
>>
>>25748213
So you're saying that even if SM does nothing but change Sleep so that it's refreshed every time you switch out, it will be a new generation?
>>
>>25748242
>Because I already made it clear
No you haven't, you've been spouting "Nope, new mechanics" at every argument thrown at you
And how many times do people have to say this, but new forms =/= new pokemon unless they have a pokedex number. Megearna doesn't have a number under 721 so it's Gen VII dipshit
>>
>>25748248
That's exactly what he's saying because he's retarded as fuck
>>
>>25748242
>If we got 100 new Pokemon in a new region but the mechanics were the same as gen 6, it'd still be gen 6
>If we got no new Pokemon and stayed in Kalos, but mechanics were changed a bit, it'd be gen 7
This is how retarded you sound.
>>
>>25748266
>No you haven't, you've been spouting "Nope, new mechanics" at every argument thrown at you

And you're just spouting "nope new Pokemon" at every argument thrown at you.

Dex numbers don't matter.

>>25748248
If it broke compatibility too? Yeah

and on the opposite token, you're saying that even if SM was like Z version but only had one new Pokemon, it will be a new generation?

>>25748336
>If we got zero new Pokemon but the mechanics are vastly different to the point of the gameplay being different and it's not compatible, it'd still be gen 6
>If we got one new Pokemon but the mechanics aren't changed at all and it's still compatible with XY and ORAS it'd be gen 7
This is how retarded you sound.
>>
>>25748450
>Dex numbers don't matter.
Says who?
>>
>>25748450
You're also making a massive assumption here. You're assuming that the mechanics won't change. But they always do with new batches, even if they're incredibly minor changes like from gen 4 to gen 5.
>>
>>25748467
>Mechanics don't matter
Says who?

>>25748476
You're also making a massive assumption here. You're assuming that the mechanics will change. But they always don't with new games of the same gen.
>>
>>25748450
>implying Magearna will be the only new Pokemon
>implying we won't get starters, legendaries, early route shitmon, pseudos, etc
>implying it won't be in a new region
>implying there won't be new mechanics to go with it
Dude, just admit it. The new set of Pokemon is the primary thing that sets generations apart. Mechanics are secondary.
>>
>>25748450
No, I've told you, mechanics have changed between games of the same Gen, B2W2 and HGSS, you just ignored that.
Dex numbers do matter you dumbass, that's how you tell when something is a new pokemon or a new form. It "doesn't matter" because that single fact blows your whole argument out of the water
>>
>>25748492
>of the same gen
we already have the design for the early route bird shit-for-brains

and there's absolutely no way they wouldn't do a new generation for the fucking 20th anniversary
>>
>>25748512
>>implying there won't be new mechanics to go with it

There won't be. So it won't be a new gen.

>Mechanics are secondary.
Nope. Mechanics define the fucking game. If they can add Megas and abilities and moves mid-gen like they did in ORAS they can add new Pokemon mid-gen too.

>>25748517
>No, I've told you, mechanics have changed between games of the same Gen, B2W2 and HGSS, you just ignored that.

No they haven't. Otherwise the games would be incompatible and thus not the same gen.

>Dex numbers do matter you dumbass
No they don't, they just fit into your autistic little categorization. Mechanics and compatibility are more meaningful because that way you can quickly tell which games are compatible with what.
>>
>>25748525
>we already have the design for the early route bird shit-for-brains
And it's still. The same. Gen. If the mechanics haven't changed.

>and there's absolutely no way they wouldn't do a new generation for the fucking 20th anniversary
They can make it an ambitious mid-gen game instead and it accomplishes mostly the same thing. Except it benefits GF because they can reuse more assets.
>>
>>25748573
>If the mechanics haven't changed
Why are you assuming the mechanics won't change? What has brought you to this conclusion?
>>
File: 1420103643661.png (192KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1420103643661.png
192KB, 501x445px
>>25747651
Isn't that what ORAS was?
>mfw I can't use Mega Lopunny on X/Y
>>
>>25748550
>There won't be new mechanics
Woah there John Gamefreak, didn't know it was you
>They can add new moves and forms means they can add new pokemon
>being this fucking retarded
>Implying new mechanics is what makes games incompatible
>Implying it's not new pokemon with new moves
>Dex numbers don't matter

Remember how every new gen has had a large number of completely new pokemon with new starters specifically called "Gen X starters" and new legendaries and weren't just new forms of old pokemon?
>>
>>25748659
pretty much. no matter how you look at it SM is gen 7.
>>
So if Sun/Moon has:
>the same graphics as XY and ORAS
>the same battle mechanics as XY and ORAS
>battle and trade compatibility with XY and ORAS
>PSS/amie/super training on the bottom screen like XY and ORAS
>same pentagon system as XY and ORAS
>a Zygarde subplot

Gen 7 fags are going to think it's Gen 7 just because of some new Pokemon and a region? That's fucking delusional. The consequences wouldn't be any different from calling ORAS the same gen. I can't wait for your definition to get fucked when GF one day decides to start doing DLC and adding new Pokemon even without a new game.
>>
>>25748698
No, it's gen 6/6.5.

>>25748697
>Implying new mechanics is what makes games incompatible

It is. If mechanics don't match then battling would be fucked.

>Implying it's not new pokemon with new moves
It wouldn't be any more fucked than Primal Groudon in ORAS not working with XY.

Remember how every new gen had new mechanics and different compatible games?

>>25748634
Why are you assuming the mechanics will change? What has brought you to this conclusion?
>>
File: images (3).jpg (10KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
10KB, 443x332px
>>25748724
>>
>>25748550
>the fucking Pokedex
>autistic little categorization
also
>Mechanics let you tell which games are compatible with what quickly
>when you have to go on Serebii to tell the mechanical differences between gens 1 and 2 and 4, 5 and 6
>>
>>25748759
Not that anon, but can you stop it with the "no u" and answer the damn questions?

Also by you gen 6.5 fags logic isn't ORAS already gen 6.5?
>>
>>25748780
>autistic little categorization
The way you think only dex matters number is indeed autistic.

>>when you have to go on Serebii to tell the mechanical differences between gens 1 and 2 and 4, 5 and 6
Only if you're a complete fucking casual.

>>25748787
You can call ORAS gen 6.5 if you want. But that doesn't make SM not gen 6 or gen 6.5.
>>
>>25748759
>dodging the question with another question
You sure convinced me. I'm arguing there are new Pokemon in a new region which makes it a new gen. I'm not the one claiming there will/won't be new mechanics, you are. The ball is in your court, buddy.
>>
>>25748724
So of Sun and Moon have
>New Starters
>New Pokemon
>New legendaries
>New moves, thus no compatibility
>New Plot
>New region
>But same graphics
>Means half gen
Gen 6.5 fags are going to think it's gen 6.5 just because "Muh graphics"? That's fucking delusional. I can't wait fore your definition to get fucked when GF blatantly calls this Gen 7
>>25748759
This is starting to get sad. This made up, never mentioned, never hinted at, never talked about, never called "half Gen" bullshit is the saddest shit in the world. "Muh Kalos, Muh Zygarde" Just let it go already
>>
>>25748843
>Gen 6.5 fags are going to think it's gen 6.5 just because "Muh graphics"?

No one is arguing just based on graphics. It's based on mechanics and compatibility. Sorry bub.

>"Muh Kalos, Muh Zygarde" Just let it go already
No

>>25748834
Or you could try fucking reading and looking at the "if" at the beginning of the sentence.
>>
>>25748843
>>New moves, thus no compatibility

HOLY SHIT ORAS IS 100% INCOMPATIBLE WITH XY BECAUSE OF PRECIPICE BLADES/ORIGIN PULSE/DRAGON ASCENT GUYS

CALL THE PRESSES
>>
>>25748811
but we already know SM has new pokemon and legendaries. it's safe to assume the legendaries will probably have new moves and/or abilities. so besides the new mechanics the games probably won't be fully compatible with ORAS making it at least a full .5 gen higher than ORAS. all this by your definition of course.
>>
>>25748811
>The way you think only dex matters number is indeed autistic.
Please write stupid, "autistic" isn't a synonym in this context.
Also that's a distinction even Gamefreak makes. New Pokemon forms are called "formes," new Pokemon are called "Pokemon."
>Only if you're a complete fucking casual.
But that's what the majority of the fanbase is. Even if SM is "gen 6.5" by your idiotic definition it will still be gen 7 by everyone else's, assuming new Pokemon and a new region. Everyone will be confused if you say gen 6.5 unless you're shitposting on /vp/.
>>
>>25748873
>the "if" at the beginning of the sentence
Okay, then explain this
>>25748550
>There won't be [new mechanics]. So it won't be a new gen.
Is it safe to say you're baiting now?
>>
I'm not gonna be the type of person who'll whine or act smug if X thing does or doesn't happen. I'll just be happy that we got ANY info at all!
>>
>>25748902
The problem is that you're taking "gen 6.5" too literally. Any game that traits of a new gen and an old gen can be considered gen 6.5. But personally I would just call it gen 6 just like I call ORAS gen 6.

>>25748905
>Please write stupid, "autistic" isn't a synonym in this context.
No.

>Also that's a distinction even Gamefreak makes. New Pokemon forms are called "formes," new Pokemon are called "Pokemon."
No, Game Freak has called formes "new Pokemon" on at least two occasions. Masuda called Kyurem's formes new Pokemon and Mega Mewtwo was labelled as a new Pokemon when it was announced. Try again faggot.

>But that's what the majority of the fanbase is.
Yeah, and these same casuals are going to assume it's gen 6 based on how fucking samey they'll play compared to other new gen games.
>>
>>25748956
They'll assume it's gen 7 because there's new Pokemon, because that's the actual definition, faggot
>>
>>25748915
If he's allowed to assume I'm allowed to assume

>>25748960
no the actual definition is mechanics and compatibility
>>
>>25748929
Normally I'm with you, but as you can see by this thread, 6.5fags are so bad that they deserve to be point and laughed at when they get btfo.
>>
>>25748971
>no the actual definition is mechanics and compatibility
Says who?
>>
>>25748892
Please show me your Primal Groudon with precipice blades in your XY world
>>25748873
You ave literally used "Same graphics" as your argument
Also, thank you for admitting the reason you so desperately grasp to gen 6.5 is because of zygarde
>>
>>25748992
>because that's the actual definition
Says who?

>>25749001
>Please show me your Primal Groudon with precipice blades in your XY world

I can't. Because it can't trade. Doesn't mean ORAS isn't compatible with XY though.

>>25749001
>You ave literally used "Same graphics" as your argument

Yeah, as an argument of it being a SYMPTOM of a new gen. Graphics alone don't mean a same/different gen but it's a sign that it's the same gen. The definitive factor is mechanics/compatibility.

>Also, thank you for admitting the reason you so desperately grasp to gen 6.5 is because of zygarde
Duh. That's the premise of people thinking it's gen 6 in the first place. You can't just ignore evidence just because you don't like it.
>>
>>25749065
>Says who?
The fans. If I'm not mistaken, GF doesn't actually refer to generations as generations, the fans do that as an easy way to differentiate. And every fan but you and a few other autists on /vp/ define a generation as a new region with a new batch of Pokemon. That's the generally agreed upon definition, but here you are making up your own definition because you don't wanna believe that GF didn't give your snake his own game
>>
>>25749065
You can't because it's not fully compatible, meaning by your definition it's not fully gen 6, thus ORAS is gen 6.5
Nice backpedaling there. It has been shown over and over again that "compatibility/mechanics" is a faulty way to define a gen, unless you think Pokemon Gold/Silver is gen 1.5
>>
>>25749132
>but here you are making up your own definition

I'm not making it up. It's just as valid.

>Also, thank you for admitting the reason you so desperately grasp to gen 6.5 is because of zygarde
Sun/Moon are his game. He's just not the focus of it.
>>
>>25749133
>You can't because it's not fully compatible

Yes it is. It can battle and trade. AND the mechanics are shared. That's fully compatible. GSC isn't fully compatible with RBY because it can only trade. AND the mechanics are different. Try again faggot.
>>
>>25749149
So after all he is a butthurt Zygarde fag. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>25749149
>Sun/Moon are his game. He's just not the focus of it.
first of all, it's genderless
second of all, this statement is pretty contradictory
it's like saying D/P are Giratina's game
>>
I shall remain neutral and not take a side until one is officially proven. Then I can laugh at the people who are wrong.

but seriously though gen 6.5fags are fucking delusional.
>>
>>25749173
Way to miss the point

You can't use "Mechanics/compatibility" because they are not concrete between games. New games in the same gen have different mechanics and compatibility isn't a "It is or it isn't" because games can be fully and partially compatible. It's a flawed definition.

Meanwhile, new pokemon that aren't forms has none of these issues
>>
>>25749149
>his game
>he's not the focus of it
Thanks for outing yourself as a delusional Zygardefag.
>>
File: herelieszygarde.png (355KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
herelieszygarde.png
355KB, 500x368px
Given the amount of effort it deserves
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.