[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a better way to level up a Pokemon to ~80ish besides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: SoulSilverEnglish.png (630KB, 1400x759px) Image search: [Google]
SoulSilverEnglish.png
630KB, 1400x759px
Is there a better way to level up a Pokemon to ~80ish besides farming the Elite 4 in this game?
>>
>>25745525
Sadly, it's gonna involve checking Serebii to see the times trainers wanna battle when you call them. There's several a day if you add everyone's numbers, and usually two gym leaders a day too. I dont know if you can rebattle Red.

That's it though. HGSS's big flaw
>>
Make sure they were got in trades
Lucky Eggs
>>
>>25745525
Transfer them to gen VI and either abuse Battle Chateau or Secret Bases.

or turn on the re battle trainer cheat with gameshark
>>
>>25745551
I'm pretty sure Red resets when you beat the Elite Four again.
>>
>>25745525
Man up and fight Red. You can fight him and win 20 levels under him without using a single item.
>>
>>25747791
That's bullshit, you get swept 20 levels below
>>
>>25748239
Last time i played i fought him like that, didn't even need to use a couple of my pokemon.
>>
>>25748301
You're full of shit. What team did you have?
>>
>>25748239
>>>>
>>
File: hahahaha.jpg (84KB, 406x594px) Image search: [Google]
hahahaha.jpg
84KB, 406x594px
>>25748239
learn how to play pokemon kid.

i bet you are one of those kids on battlespot who bring 6 legendaries (MUST HAVE A DARK VOID DARKRAI!!!)and then gets swept by shitmons and ragequits
>>
>>25748325
Tell me how to play. How do you not get one-shotted by Red's Pokemon while being 20 levels below
>>
>>25748311
Meganium/Quagsire/Ampharos/Heracross/Ninetales/Togekiss.

Entire team was about level 65.
>>
>>25748345
Yeah, I don't believe you. I know you'll reply with something like "You're just shit" or whatever but I don't care. You can make whatever claim you want on the Internet.
>>
>>25748341
I destroyed big part of his team with my eviolute quilava
Used items though.
>>
>>25748495
>the game gives you a choice scarf
>Togekiss gets Air Slash
>Togekiss has Serene Grace
>Heracross has a fuckton of attack
>Quagsire hard counters his Pikachu
>Ampharos counters Charizard/Lapras/Blastoise

Maybe if you looked at your hold items beforehand and thought of a strategy instead of going "i'll just use my starter and lugia, that'll work" you wouldn't be stuck grinding.
>>
>>25745525
Why would you grind? HGSS is THE easiest Pokemon game.
>>
>>25748341
Well, we don't suck like you do.
>>
>>25748580
Good reply you lying piece of shit
>>
Quickest way to grind is to get a Gym Leader's number, calling them at the right time for a rematch, then once you beat them, immediately call them again and you can rematch them again. Very quick and convenient, so long as it's still the period where you can call them for a rematch, you can rematch them instantly.

And yeah, you can beat Red pretty handily with level 65s and that, you only get swept when he uses super effective moves, so try and avoid that.
>>
>>25748575
>lying through your teeth

Everyone knows that's oras, with it's "click surf to win" 7th gym leader, and exp share.
>>
>>25748590
Dude you don't have to be mad just because you aren't as good at pokemon as other people. There are plenty of other games you can try to get good at.
>>
Alright then anon, what's your team that you're having so much trouble with?
>>
>>25748756
Feraligatr 71
Machamp 70
Dragonite 67
Ampharos 66
Lapras 67
>>
>>25748809
>taking feraligatr when you could get quagsire and enjoy having useful STAB
>having only 5 pokemon

Your fault.
>>
>>25748809
Oh and Alakazam 68 they mostly get one-shot before I have a chance to move, or two shot, or I get red's Pokemon low then he spams full restores and I just get worn down
>>
>>25748829
You honestly should be fine. Just Tbolt his watermons with Amp, and use Power Gem on his charizard. Amp's probably your best bet for pikachu also.
>>
>>25748850
His Pikachu one-shots Ampharos with volt tackle and his lapras two-shots it. Haven't had a chance to get it out against Blastoise yet
>>
>>25748864
The hell's the defense on ampharos, nothing? You must have gotten a bad one with -def or something. -def and ash's Pika has max Attack iv's and ev's, while yours has 0def.
>>
>>25748864
All else fails, keep reviving your pokes back and forth while the hail chips em down. Will only work for the ones that are vulnerable but was handy when I was seriously under leveled
>>
>>25748864
If you're still struggling with Red, once you KO Pika, maybe setup some rain/sun/anything but hail? Blizzard never misses in hail, take that away and he's got less to work with. Although the hail can work in your favor, on my no item fight the hail KO'd his last pokemon
>>
>>25748959
>>25748994
Thanks for the help. I'm still workin on it. Just want to kill this guy so I can be done with this game.
>>
>>25749061
How about movesets? You could probably 1shot Pika if you led with choice scarf feraligatr, if it knows EQ that is.
>>
Fucking finally Ampharos comes through

What a pain in the ass fight. Red used like 3 full restores on Snorlax
>>
>>25749183
Out of curiosity, what nature was it?
>>
>>25749217
Docile
>>
>>25748239

Wrong.

I played through HGSS a year and a half ago. I went to red with my team averaging level 65, a good 15-20 levels lower.

I destroyed him with using only one healing item and no pokemon lost.
>>
>>25745525
I throw my save onto drastic and use the cheat for more exp and fast forward grinding wild pokemon. Call it cheating, I call it saving time.
>>
>>25749183
Ampharos was the worst on my team. it had the stats and the nature it needed, but it just couldnt hit hard enough
>>
>>25748495
Man, you sound underage. Stop being such a whiny faggot and git gud u lil BITCH
>>
>>25748809
>2 water types
>nothing to stop light ball pikachu or any electric type for that matter
wow, what a shit team. no wonder you suck.
>>
>>25748809
>>25748829

Yeah you definitely suck
>>
Nice to see other people rocking that Ampharos.
>>
>>25750678
>>25749183
You just suck.
>>
>>25750727
>Man, you sound underage
>Stop being such a whiny faggot and git gud u lil BITCH
You're one to talk nigger. LMAO
>>
Im currently at the elite 4 on my 4th replay r8 my team
Feraligatr lvl 39
Jolteon lvl 38
Xatu lvl 38
Heracross lvl 38
Nidoking lvl 36
And im picking up a houndoom when i reach Kanto.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.