[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a case of nostalgia crashing down harder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: hoenn hipsters.jpg (53KB, 305x457px) Image search: [Google]
hoenn hipsters.jpg
53KB, 305x457px
Has there ever been a case of nostalgia crashing down harder than with the release of ORAS?

Gen 3 fans used to claim it was the best gen whereas now it's considered the worst
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 720x421px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 720x421px
It wasn't ORAS, it was the cycle.
>>
>>25744205
but that clearly doesn't fit, unless you count ORAS as gen 6 instead of gen 3
>>
>>25744205
No, it was ORAS, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>25744205
Pretty sure that most people liked HGSS right off the bat
>>
File: tumblr_mm40pmKQg11rrtgbwo3_500.png (309KB, 441x459px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mm40pmKQg11rrtgbwo3_500.png
309KB, 441x459px
I like Emerald, it was my first Pokémon game when I turned 10 back in 2007.
I loved ORAS, just because the Characters were made better. I used to think Wally was an annoying little shit but now I don't mind him, they made him more likeable.

All of you who shit on these remakes are being senile, you just can't accept that people my age aren't underage anymore, this isn't 2009 and people who had GSC as their first games aren't the dominant group here anymore, you're slowly being replaced by "Hoennbabies".
In other words, Fuck off, grandpa.

Nah but seriously, give it three years max. Brace yourselves because Sinnoh nostalgia is coming.
>>
>>25744205
Wow, everyone is brainless sheep but you, champ :)
>>
>>25744246
it literally is gen 6
>>
>>25744270
you seem upset
>>
>>25744265
>Tfw playing since Gen 1
>Gen 4 is still my favorite
>The remake hype begins
>>
>>25744190
It doesn't matter if OR/AS was underwhelming. The seed has already been planted. Thanks to the Hoenn starters getting Megas and having two of them be playable in Pokken Tournament, while Gens 1 and 6 only got one playable starter, the Hoenn starters will always be more relevant and popular than the obsolete, washed up Johto starters.
>>
>>25744447
The Hoenn pokemo in Pokken just prove how absolutely shit and forgettable gen3 pokemon designs were

The only ones people remembered where the humanoids, same as gen 4 with Lucario, it's Digimons style, cheap lazy shit
>>
>>25744447
>the Hoenn starters will always be more relevant and popular than the obsolete, washed up Johto starters.

They always were though
>>
>>25744485
Bullshit

the only one people remember is Blaziken because it's humanoid
>>
I love ORAS as much as I loved R/S/E. The vocal sperglords just make it seem like ORAS is bad when it is actually great.
>>
>>25744502
Blaziken is shit, Sceptile is loved, Swampert... Eh.
>>
File: 1200px-Ash_Sceptile_Leaf_Storm.png (885KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Ash_Sceptile_Leaf_Storm.png
885KB, 1200x675px
>>25744502
Yeah, I remember all the cool stuff the Johto starters did in the anime

Oh wait
>>
File: 254Sceptile_AG_anime_2.png (206KB, 892x895px) Image search: [Google]
254Sceptile_AG_anime_2.png
206KB, 892x895px
>>25744646
SCEPTILE BRO BEST STARTER

YOU LIKE TO FUCK GOGOATS IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE
>>
>>25744190
I disliked ORAS but I still love gen 3 with passion. I actually replayed Emerald after being disappointed with OR just to see if it wasn't nostalgia blinding me and it was just as perfect as I remembered it.

People who say otherwise probably never liked gen 3 in the first place.
>>
>>25744646
gen 2 designs are still better than gen 3
>>
>>25744934
Yeah. Maybe if you like underdesigned bland boring pieces of shit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.