[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Mechanics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 11

File: fast_asleep_entei_by_stephi_jk.png (765KB, 1514x797px) Image search: [Google]
fast_asleep_entei_by_stephi_jk.png
765KB, 1514x797px
Which Pokémon game mechanics would you completely change?
>>
I'd put a stronger focus on non-traditional battles and introduce a ton of support moves for double/triple battles.
>>
>>25742744
Completely overhaul the combat system. That shit is old, get on with the times, Gamefucks. Also remove Mega-evolution and retroactively remove 90% of Gen 4 Pokemons, that shit is ugly and useless.
>>
>>25742809
I hope a truck runs you over.
>>
>>25742817
Explain why instead of resorting to passive aggressive ad hominems, bumblefuck.
>>
Vote:
battling only
story only

You can only have one.
>>
>>25742821
Give a single argument besides "I don't like it" or what and how you would change it, inbred fucktard.
>>
>>25742836
The combat system is outdated and is starting to fall apart. It's getting harder and harder to make significant upgrades to it after 6 gens, that's why they are resorting to shitty gimmicks like Megas. Just overhaul it.

Mega Evos are a terrible gimmick that breeds favoritism and take the space that real mons deserve. We could have had 200+ Pokes n gen 6.

Gen 4 Pokes are badly designed for the most part. Especially the evolutions to pre-existing mons, the starter final forms and the legendaries. This is a fact.

Your turn, fuckboi.
>>
File: 1406709987438.png (415KB, 1255x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1406709987438.png
415KB, 1255x1057px
>>25742821
>that
>ad hom
>>
>>25742848
not that anon, but oh god the only good cross-gen evos (in dpp) were Gliscor, Yanmega and maybe Electivire
>>
>>25742848
>This is a fact
No, that's subjective. This means your argument for that is still "I don't like it"
>>
>>25742862
Agree on gliscor and yanmega, the rest can burn.
>>
>Just overhaul it.
Any suggestion...? Anything? No? Okay.
>We could have had 200+ Pokes n gen 6.
Oh yeah, and by gen 7 we would have 1000 pokemon. That really gives individual pokemon attention and totally not clutter the pokedex as well as overwhelm any newer player that has to learn and catch up with 6 generations.

>Mega Evos are a terrible gimmick that breeds favoritism and take the space that real mons deserve.
What's wrong with favoritism? Everyone has favorites. That was always the case and pokemon always pushed for the trainer and his special partner since 20 years ago, you fucking idiot.
>real mons
Yeah, megas are fake because you don't like them.
>Gen 4 Pokes are badly designed for the most part. Especially the evolutions to pre-existing mons, the starter final forms and the legendaries.
>literally "I DON'T LIKE IT IT SUX WAH WAH WAHHHH"
Gen 4's evolutions to older pokemon were fantastic and gave those pokemon the power and spotlight they always needed. The starter line up is the best line up in the franchise along with Gen 1 and 3. The legendaries were extremely powerful because gen 4 introduced the creators in the pokemon universe. If you don't like that, then that's your own problem.

>This is a fact
Your mother not choking you during birth was a mistake. THAT is an actual fact.

Waste of oxygen.
>>
Collecting should only be used for team diversity and not for hording things. That is more of a fandom flaw than it is with the game itself, though. That being said, trading has no purpose at all, and forcing the matter is not helping anybody. It should be possible to get whatever pokemon you want on your own. The rest can be solved by just giving pokemon a proper plot instead of the nonsense we have.
>>
>>25742848
Nice bait!
>>
>>25742744
Dive should cure burn.
>>
>>25742832
>Story only
So the shitton of mangas and the anime but as a "game"?
>>
>>25742962
That's actually a good idea.
>>
>>25742848
You managed to explain nothing about the battle system good job
Although i wouldn`t mind if pokemon became pokemon conquest/regular pokemon hybrids.
>>
>>25742984
Why not? All other RPGs do it.
>>
>>25742836
>>25742871
>>25742884
Different anon here.
The issue with combat in Pokemon is the strong focus on 1on1 battles and the hundreds of moves with terrible distribution.

They've introduced a ton of different battle types over the generations and no easy way to access them. There are no NPC triple/rotation battles in XY or ORAS.
We all know about Sky Battles, but how many people know about Inverse Battles? Can you even have a PvP Inverse Battle?

I think every pokemon (aside from gimmick mons) should learn a new move every 5 levels to compensate for all the attacks that aren't TMs or Tutored.
When your roster is nearing 1,000 monsters, signature moves and mons that don't learn anything simply have no place here.

TL;DR: The battle system certainly needs an overhaul, but not by removing any pokemon.
>>
>>25742744
HMs
>>
>>25742832
>only
I'd rather have neither.

>>25743012
>all other RPGs do it
You've never played any RPG other than turn based JRPGs if you believe that.
>>
>>25743053
What the heck are you talking about? ALL RPGs I know, regardless of being JRPG or WRPG all focus on STORY.

Also, how can you have neither?
>>
>>25743012
>i`ve never played an rpg that requires any amount of strategy
Go play an SRPG,ARPG or CRPG and come back to me
>>
>>25743072
>ALL RPGs I know
Then you probably aren't looking very well. There are more RPGs than Pokemon and Dark Souls.

>how can you have neither?
By playing a different game altogether.
>>
>>25743080
>arpg
>strategy

Kingdom Hearts is so skillful.
>>
>>25743098
>One game represents an entire genre
Well that explains why your opinion is so wrong
>>
>>25743080
Perhaps I should've made it clear what I mean by either "only". I didn't mean that fighting would not be in the game at all, just that competitive would not be a thing. You would have to be daft to think a game would not involve fighting in some way. The fandom appears to be split on which is more important, though, so I'd like to know which is the more viable choice. Either focus on story, or we are just a battle simulator.
>>
>>25743096
I love pokemon's story no matter how corny or cheesy it is. If it disregards that and becomes like one of those battle simulators I'll drop it like a bad habit and millions of others will too.
>>
>>25743114
Action rpgs and by extension action games take no skill. It's all about pattern recognition. Megaman isn't difficult.
>>
>>25742832
>pokemon
>story

i really like pokemon's gameplay formula so this is not a hard pick
>>
>>25743120
Are you so certain about that? I swear this entire board worships showdown or smogon as god.
>>
>>25743138
>I swear this entire board worships showdown or smogon as god.
You've been here for 5 minutes?
>>
Well for one, i'd introduce a pokeball whose catchrate depended on how you clicked B and such when it was thrown
Make catching a little more based on skill
>>
>>25743159
Despite the fact they slam both, battling is all anyone cares about.
>>
Remove IVs. They do nothing but limit the growth of the competitive scene.
>>
>>25743119
Let competitive exist, no sane human that isn`t a 12 yr old shitter plays it anyways.

Anyways keep things light hearted for story, world ending is fine, just put that on the back burner, focus on our rivals more.

Also no big ensemble cast please, just keep it smol, we don`t need 4 fucking rivals, 6 team flare bosses and AZ thats a little much, and as a result everyone ended up being boring and shallow.

Also take some lessons from the anime, as much as i despise that shit show, it fleshs out the pokemon universe pretty well, people had all different methods of training pokemon, and all sorts of people trained pokemon, in the games most people say one or two lines and thats it.

So basically i want side quests, where we help npcs and stuff, it would make towns feel more alive, and give us better reasons for talking to everyone, and would flesh out the pokemon world.
>>
>>25743174
>QTEs
>skill
>>
>>25743175
Whatever you say
>>
I would make make shiny pokemon appear at a rate of 1/125.

I would make mono type pokemon STAB higher and dual type pokemon STAB lower

Fairys are now weak to ground.
Dragons gain an extra weakness but I don't know which to pick.

Complete rehual some pokemon stats and move pools

Dual type attacks

Remove IVs
>>
>>25742744
I don't want change anything.
>>
>>25743128
>Pattern recognition
>Hurr its easy if you memorize it
Not all of us are autistic savants like you anon, you telling me battle toads is easy?
>>
>>25743175
Music, exploration and npcs are very important.
>>
>>25743253
Yes, once you get the hang of it.
>>
>>25743233
Also more shiny patterns.
>>
File: Johnny Bravo summons his Stand.png (106KB, 346x327px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny Bravo summons his Stand.png
106KB, 346x327px
>>25743128
RTS and fighters are the only genres where skill comes even relatively close to "video game."
>>
>>25743119
>>25743120
There's not enough focus on story in mainline games for me. It's always boiled down to "you're a kid on a journey and you gotta get 8 badges, catch a legendary, and beat an Evil Team". I'm not saying it's getting stale, but it's getting stale.

When anon said "story only" I assumed he meant the region would be as linear as can be and they'd force you to follow the plot. Regardless of how good the plot is, I wouldn't want Pokemon to be like that.
Inversely, I wouldn't want Pokemon to just be a Battle Simulator. But I wouldn't say no to a new Pokemon Stadium.

Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were great happy mediums. There was a heavy focus on story, but at any time you could say "screw the plot" and go to one of the many battle areas.
>>
>>25743228
if had to guess it's more skill involved than mashing the A but- wait nevermind, catching pokemon is already a QTE
>>
>>25743226
The reason why I don't think competitive and an RPG are compatible is that you can't have growth AND keep things balanced at the same time. People are going to be at different parts of the game. Limit it to completion only? That could work, and is how people treat it, but pokemon is too redundant in what it does. There's only so many different builds and there isn't room for a bazillion pokes that all do the same thing. It makes team selection very customizable, but it's not practical for a competitive environment. Competitive demands a small pool of characters. Frankly, the elements of an RPG are designed to only be useful for story purposes and not competitive. Even the way the type chart is designed knocks things so off kilter that the only conclusion to be had from it is was just for fun and not to be taken seriously. All RPG magic systems are like that as far as I know, if there is a type chart at all, most of the time, it's just a big damage dealer, and some things may be weak or resistant to certain ones of them, with no affinity of their own. Despite that developers think they can be combined, I do not believe RPGs and competitive were ever meant to be combined. They are total opposites of each other, and you can only be one or the other.
>>
>>25743255
Only to a very small amount of people. Battling is the vast majority.
>>
>>25743303
Well, I didn't necessarily mean linear, even if that is how most RPGs I know work. It may be possible to have branching paths, but I wouldn't know too well how to implement it. The most straightforward version of it would demand dynamic leveling.
>>
>>25743330
I get what you`re saying, but gamefreak don`t put much thought into competitive so whether or not its their won`t have much of an effect on the final game imo
>>
>>25743026
there's more to pokemon than battling you pathetic fucking munchkin lmao.
>>
>>25742862
And Roserade, and Togekiss, and Frosslass, and Gallade...

Gen IV have better Pokémon than it gets credit for. If anything, the generation wich has more useless Pokémon would be Gen 3
>>
>>25743375
*there
i need to go to bed
>>
I would change the way we get legendaries.

The only time I had fun catching legendaries was in gen 3 with the Reggies.

Shit was great.
>>
>>25743375
I see. Well, I should've remembered that also is more a problem with the fandom than it is with the game itself.
>>
>>25743338
Of the millions of players, how many do you think only care about the competitive scene? I can tell you of the dozens of people I know that love playing pokemon only 3 care about it.
>>
>>25743393
Instead of being a surgical operation to not faint legendaries, they should be all-out battles.
>legendaries are horde encounters
>have 4 support mons using moves like Follow Me, Helping Hand, Heal Pulse, Confuse Ray, etc.
>legendaries never below endgame trainer levels
>>
Basically, my problem all traces to one thing: gameplay and story segregation. It lies at the core of the premise of the series itself. The point of the game is to treat pokemon as objects, and yet, we are told the opposite is true. Fix this matter, and all is forgiven.
>>
>>25743330
Well yeah Pokemon isn't designed to be a competitive game, it's designed as a RPG in order for people to have fun and immerse themselves in the pokemon world. Not to compare speed tiers, type advantages and ban lists like an autistic minority would lead you to believe.
>>
>>25743338
Oh and here we have a primary example of total terminal autistic delusion.
>>
>>25743120
I think battle simulators offer to you a way better experience than cartridge if you wanna play competitive, but of course they can't never tie the experience of the single player when it's based on the story, character, lore, and their develop. This is why i liked bw and distasted xy. Nothing in XY really makes you keep playing. Stupid rushed plot, uberbland characters, inconsistency (why the fuck megas didn't have a major role in kalos plot?), no postgame, super easy game. Social features is really the only thing that made it keep playing. Yet at this point a generic fanmade poké mmo or a simulator itself would be similar. Maybe most of the people kept playing it so they could play vgc tours.
>>25743138
I was a smogonfag and a battler myself some years ago in the pre-xy era, well in this board they seem to hate smogon actually, even though its OU is miles better than VGC. Come on VGC it's unplayble bullshit.
>>25742744
As they said, more subquests would be great, they need to make more depth, interesting charachter. Mechanically speaking, i would reduce the aleatory in battles and remove every single mega from the game, fucking shitlooking fanservice for kids and nostfags and casual that stopped playing pokémon 15 yeas ago and suddently started again in XY 'cause MAH CHARIZARD MAH MEWTHOOO GOT A MEGA WOOAAAH.
>>
>>25743382
This thread is about battling though you donut.
>>
>>25743438
I have an unfair situation: Adults believe that the only thing that makes the game good is competitive, which anyone that's analyzed it well enough knows that's not true, either. I've only known a handful of those that don't care about it, and they pretty much are into fanfiction or fanart. If there are more people like that, I don't know where to find them.
>>
>>25743445
Thats kind of awesome actually
>Encounter Mewtwo
>Ditto,Raichu,Alakazam and Chancey all help
>Tfw

>Triple wild battle
>Its the regis
>its Gigas`s final test before you can fight him
>>
File: 1457045284700.gif (914KB, 352x145px) Image search: [Google]
1457045284700.gif
914KB, 352x145px
>>25743542
>Triple battle with the Regis
>after 5 turns, Gigas shows up to wreck your shit
>if you can beat all 3 Regis before 5 turns, then Gigas will show up early and you'll be able get a few easy hits in
>if not, then now you've got a fully powered Regigigas to deal with along with the other Regis
>>
Please, for the love of God, separate difficulty levels.
>Babbymode: X/Y-tier handholding, early Exp. Share, clearly marked items
>Normal: Skips over basic battling/catching Pokemon tutorials, maybe has some advanced Trainer Tips, opponents use actual strategy on a regular basis
>Superior: No tutorials, no Exp. Share, trainers get Pokemon from everywhere, no items, Final Destination
>>
>>25743233
Only lowering the shiny rate and removing ivs are a good idea.
>>
Keep IVs, but make every legendary hexaperfect instead of triperfect like they are now.
>>
I guess it's not a mechanic but I want gyms to become Zelda-like dungeons instead of the small buildings they are
>>
File: Tangrowth2.jpg (122KB, 912x876px) Image search: [Google]
Tangrowth2.jpg
122KB, 912x876px
>>25742848
>>25742862
>>25742881

Screw you guys, you're not taking my favorite Pokemon away.
>>
REMOVE I.VS.
>>
>>25742848
You might have a point and might be able to convince someone but if you keep acting like a retard and not answering any questions you aren't getting anywhere.
>>
>>25743233
>I would make make shiny pokemon appear at a rate of 1/125.
That's pretty retarded. Then what's the point or the excitement? I agree that the rate probably could use a buff, although it's already easy as shit to get shinies in gen 6, but the rate you suggest is way too retarded. And getting good IVs has been easy as shit too.

I just get the whole "I'm too lazy and or busy to spend my time with this so give me instant gratification now!". Fuck you, this is a jrpg and long grinds for pointless shit should exist for those that care about them. You make it piss easy for everyone to get those, then there's no value or enjoyment in getting them since they're everywhere.

IVs and shinies literally don't affect your experience of the story.
>>
>>25743233
Why do you want to make shiny pokemon more common? This is a real question.
>>
>Confused pokemon may attack allies in double battles
>>
>>25744401
Because gaymers these days are entitled faggots that demand instant gratification and "casualization" of every grindy feature in games as to not spend their precious time playing something they supposedly like.

Thankfully, the Japanese don't give a flying fuck for any of those people.
>>
>>25743393
You mean the only Legendaries that actually felt like secrets. Like wow how has no one caught this Zapdos its just sitting in a damn power plant.
>>
>>25744457
I want his actual answer. Maybe it's something i've never thought of.
>>
>>25744468
they're still certainly capable of doing stuff like that too, as shown by ORAS Regigigas
>>
>>25743393
The way you have to make Regigigas appear in ORAS is pretty neat too, with Regice and nicknaming and having it hold a Casteliacone/Nvmltice etc.

The thing is that with the internet today, no secret would stay a secret for more than a few days. I remember having to learn how to get the Regis in gen 3 by word of mouth.
>>
The gyms and E4 must be more difficult, this 3-4 mons per person weak sauce shit has got to go.
>>
>>25744532
>I remember having to learn how to get the Regis in gen 3 by word of mouth.
I only found out about Shedinja when someone showed me their pokedex.
>>
File: pokken-tournament-640x360.jpg (75KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pokken-tournament-640x360.jpg
75KB, 640x360px
>>25742744
>pokemon 3d
>no more blocky squared off tiles
>3rd person view
>no more wild encounters
>wild pokemon roam around in the overworld
>when a battle starts, an invisible circular barrier is created
>game view switches to 3rd person behind the pokemon you are using
>x, y, a, and b are assigned to each of your 4 moves
>camera dynamically adjusts to maintain focus on opponent pokemon and keep both in screen
>analogue stick is used to move about battle field
>triggers are used to dodge and block
>>
>>25742962
That's smart actually, l like it
>>
>>25742809
I hope you become in charge of Game Freak.
>>
>>25744567
You'd need a console to even remotely have the power to do all that.
>>
>>25744567
would get pretty tedious
>>
File: Wrong.jpg (332KB, 2534x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.jpg
332KB, 2534x1800px
>>25743233
>Fairys are now weak to ground.
>Giving ground more killing power
>>
>>25743233
>I would make make shiny pokemon appear at a rate of 1/125.
This would make shinies worthless and boring.
>>
File: 1457165089928.png (90KB, 254x254px) Image search: [Google]
1457165089928.png
90KB, 254x254px
>>25744567
>on a handheld
>>
>>25744567
The pokemon anime was a mistake,because of it we have thousands of these fags who want to turn a turn based rpg series into an arena fighter action game.
>>
you should be able to evolve during battles when u hit the right level.
>>
>>25744673
Exactly how many turn based RPGs are still in existence anyway? I can think of at least 2 others.
>>
>>25744567
cont:

>total exp to lv 100 is drastically reduced for all pokemon seeing as rasing 720+ mons becomes a grind fest
>any pokemon capable of learning an hm automatically learns it granted the required badge is obtained
>these hms do not take up a slot on your pokemon's regular set of 4 moves
>>
>>25744696
Exactly, we shouldn't lower that already low number.

Handheld games work best as slower paced resource management / grinding games anyway.
>>
>>25744673
The anime was the reason this franchise still exists 20 years later. Without the anime, I really doubt pokemon would be as huge as it is.

But in either case, it's not the anime's fault that people are retarded.
>>
>>25744696
a ton. genres don't just disappear unless it's called text adventure
>>
>>25744567
Let me guess, it should be an MMO with all regions but only the first 150 pokemon as well?
>>
>>25744611
The New NINTENDO 3DS (tm) is the most powerful handheld console ever made. It boasts the best graphics of all time. Enjoy Zelda (c), Mario (c), and Donkey Kong anywhere you go. The New NINTENDO 3DS! Get it today at Walmart, Best Buy, or wherever games are sold!

>>25744616
For you

>>25744652
>implying this would be a bad thing

>>25744673
More of a action rpg. There would be a timer on your pokemon that would reset after every move and count down to when you can use your next move. You're thinking of Pokken. I don't blame you, I used it as an image because the battle field and 3d look very similar to what I'm describing.
>>
>>25744761
>For you
>There would be a timer on your pokemon that would reset after every move and count down to when you can use your next move.
for everyone
>>
>>25744492
Because it's very timing cosuming and I've never experienced a shiny since gen 2.
>>
>>25744740
Let me guess you have a hard time compartmentalizing things you disagree with that people say with all things you disagree with.

I'd personally like a new region. I'd like it to have bigger wilderness sections and more focus on adventuring by having plenty of nooks and crannies to find as well as mini-quests that take you deeper into wilderness sections/ open up new sections that potentially would have areas where certain pokemon can only be found. You would be rewarded for completing these with great items, tms, and what not.

It could have MMO elements. I think a wireless feature along the lines of Super Secret Bases would work. I also like the idea of sectioning off parts of the game probably implemented by badge acquisition. Players who have the necessary badge could meet through wi-fi and complete certain portions of the game together and/or certain side-quests catered specifically to co-op play.
>>
>>25742984
Just making Poffins for eternity
>>
>>25744853
Please do not remind me of WoD. No one wants that ever again.
>>
>>25744804
Please explain. I'm calling for reduction of total exp for all pokemon which would drastically lower grinding. I'm calling for the end of random encounters which together makes the game less grindy. I'm also calling for a action rpg real time hybrid which is more engaging which means less tedious. Feel free to dislike my hypotheticals in a thread asking for how we would DRAMATICALLY change game mechanics but I don't think tedium is an accurate description of what I'm suggesting.

It would be tedious for the developers butt fuck em they need to have the fire lit under their ass for churning out the same game for a few decades now.
>>
>>25744841
So you want them to be easier because you don't have one. I was really hoping you had an actual reason. Sorry for replying.
>>
>>25744761
>>implying this would be a bad thing
No you fucking retard. I'm implying that it's impossible to do all you ask right now. Like completely fucking impossible, even with the 3ds being the most powerful handheld ever made. You're not asking for an upgrade in graphics. You have no fucking idea what power you need on a handheld to render and do everything you ask for. Holy shit.
>>
>>25744905
simply because the battles would take far longer.I still have to get through the Iron league in Pokken but I just can't stand the tediousness of it and just play online instead
>>
>>25744841
>because it requires effort that I don't want to put in
MOM, PLEASE!
>>
>>25744959
Wow dude calm down. I didn't even mention it being on a handheld. I understand what a huge endeavor animating 720+ monsters would be. You should tell by that last post I was being sarcastic about the new 3ds thing. This is a hypothetical discussion. I'd love the everloving shit out of such a game. I bet my sweet ass you would too.
>>
>>25744971
I'm not talking about pokken. Reducing the amount of total exp and random encounters means the amount of battles you'd need to fight would be far less but the battles would be much more engaging. Quality > quantity.
>>
>>25744933
I understand the novelty of grinding and accomplishment, but the rate is like 1/ 4100 or something like that. It's insanely high and the only people I've seen encounter them has multiple systems running going and it still takes days to get it. It's fucking ludicrous.
>>
>>25745027
>novelty of grinding
There is none. That's the problem with it.
>>
>>25745002
The thing is that it would be a simpler Pokken.and while you never need to grind in Pokemon you certainly need to catch them. the catching process always increases the number of battles
>>
>>25745027
I think you have it wrong though. At least from my point of view. I don't usually grind shiny pokemon. Some people do with masuda method or horde battles or whatever, but when i think of a shiny i think of the heart attack you get when you're going through a route or a cave and suddenly you see some twinkles. But to be honest i HAVE bred for 4 Shinies and it took me less than two weeks, but results may vary.
>>
>>25745079
>The thing is that it would be a simpler Pokken.
Well as far as battling goes. I think Pokken's controls are unneccessarily complex but that's a topic for a later day. It would be more complex than Pokken because you'd still have a region to explore, a story to complete. You'd have a larger variety of pokemon and although each pokemon would have a smaller moveset, you'd have a larger pool move choices, more stats to consider, abilities, type advantages and so on.

>the catching process always increases the number of battles
Indeed. You battles that you do for fun, do to train, and do to catch pokemon. In my variation of the game, we'd be reducing the amount you need to train. Catching pokemon doesn't take that many battles in my experience. Not nearly as much as it does to grind your pokemon to level up.
>>
remove random critical hits
>>
>>25745170
t. salty butthurt manchild upset that a children's game doesn't cater to his competitive desires
>>
>>25745192
there should be like a critical meter that fills up when certain moves are used like focus energy
like pokken's synergy meter
>>
Remove Reliance on RNG
Paralyze
>paralyze now works on a stack system
>stacks tick up once per turn
>at three Pokemon can't move
>still cuts speed in half

Burn
>burn works as is
>less fire moves have burn
>scald burn chance now 15%

Poison
>fine as is

Confusion removed outside of Outrage/Petal Dance

Sleep
>works like paralyze but contact moves will wake the Pokemon

Diminishing Returns for stats boosted past 2x
>>
>>25742744
levitate isn't an ability anymore but an inherent "trait".
examples:
Magnemite has Levitate while having sturdy at the same time.
>>
A Pokemon have its first + its second ability

Or just its hidden ability.
>>
File: 1307405670652.jpg (67KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1307405670652.jpg
67KB, 500x321px
>>25742744
I'm probably autistic for this, but I have ton of ideas I've written down over the years. Here's one of them:

**Classifications
>Pokémon now have “Classifications” based on physiology with properties that affect them in battle. These may replace certain abilities (such as “Levitate”).
->Many are based on Egg Groups.
>Pokémon may have up to two total “Classifications,” but no more. These do not change either in or outside of battle, and often stay through evolutionary lines.
>Add attributes that are more “flavor” based than actually useful in battle.

Types of Classifications:
>Airborne
Basically "Levitate"
>Aquatic
Decreases water-type dmg by 5%, moves faster while surfing on overworld
>Terrestrial
Gains +5% EXP
>Monster
Has a +5% increase to crit ratio
>Field
Has a 5% reduced chance to flee from a battle when provoked
>Fairy
Gains a +5% increase to secondary effects happening
>Humanoid
Gains a 5% resistance to being Confused and other mental affects (so natural Own Tempo/Oblivious), but 5% boost to being Attracted
>Mineral
Immune to Petrification, but affected by Crystallization
>Amorphous
No definite shape, so +5% to Evasion
>Undead
Has a 5% chance of surviving with 1HP when KO'd
>Mechanical
Is a construct, so 5% less chance of receiving a negative status effect
>Dragonkin
Has a +5% boost to Accuracy
>>
>>25745295
I'd make all status moves work on a 2-stack system. For example, if you get poisoned twice you get badly poisoned.
Could work something like this:
Paralyzed

Paralyzed
>Ends after 2-5 turns

Badly Paralyzed
>Doesn't end on its own
>Basically what Paralysis is in the current game.

Burned:
>Same as normal
>Ends after 3-5 turns

Severely Burned
>Deals more damage per turn
>Doesn't end

Poison
>Regular poison

Badly Poisoned
>Badly poisoned
>reduces Sp. Atk

Asleep
>Lasts 1-4 turns

In a deep sleep
>Lasts 3-5 turns

Frozen
>40% chance of thawing out each turn.
>Lasts 5 turns at max

Frozen Solid
>20% chance of thawing out
>No max
>>
>>25742744
Make evasiveness a stat
>>
File: 2013-10-18-520-ConfuseRay.jpg (381KB, 900x698px) Image search: [Google]
2013-10-18-520-ConfuseRay.jpg
381KB, 900x698px
>>
File: one more confuse ray.jpg (289KB, 750x863px) Image search: [Google]
one more confuse ray.jpg
289KB, 750x863px
>>25745475
this is literally just abilities but worse
then everybody would have to min max for even smaller gains
>>
>>25745475
I would fucking love that.
>>
>>25745475
More stuff:

**New Status Effects:
>Petrification
Pokemon turns to stone and can no longer act. Becomes a pure Rock-type. Does not heal on its own and effectively "faints" a Pokemon while they are still in battle. Does not work on "Mineral" classification.

>Crystallization
Works only on Mineral classification. Pokemon with this take 1/8 HP damage each turn and have their Defense cut in half (so think Defensive Burn)

>Oiled
This sort of exists in Powder, but whatever. Doubles the damage of Fire-type moves and then removes the status. Also gives a resistance to Water-type moves while removing any ability-based boosts from Rain. Counteracts Rust and Weld, cancelling each other out.

>Rust/Weld
"Mechanical" classification only status. Reduces all stats by half.

>Hypothermia
Yawn but for freeze. You shiver for a few turns, then freeze.

>Sneeze
Works like Yawn, but you just sneeze and miss your turn.

>Corrosive
Your Defense is cut in half, then continues to drop -1 each turn until cured

>Fear
Makes target afraid of the Pokemon that caused this status. They will miss their attacks on this target 50% of the time, and when struck by the inflictor has a 30% of automatically fleeing or switching out. In doubles and triples, this just makes the foe unable to target the Pokemon that scared it. Lasts 2-5 turns.

>Fascination
Opposite of fear, works sort of the same. In single battles, the afflicted Pokemon cannot switch out 20% of the time and has the accuracy of their attacks increase by 30% as long as the inflictor is still in play. During doubles/triples, as long as they are near the Pokemon they are fascinated by all of their attacks will be drawn to them 50% of the time. Lasts 2-4 turns.
>>
>>25745559
Are you sure you don't want to just play DnD or something?
>>
>>25745559
fighting type pokemon increase attack in response to fear
>>
>>25745475
>>25745559

One more for fun:

**Terrains
>Builds upon moves like Grassy Terrain, Electric Terrain and Misty Terrain by coming up with Terrains for other types

Examples:
>Magma Field: Fire-type
Works like the Fire Pledge/Grass Pledge combo but as a consistent terrain

>>25745567
I do, and I just wanted to supe up Pokemon to make it more complex
>>
>>25745475
>physical hustle hydreigon with built in levitate and +5% accuracy
Nice.
these are terrible though
>>
>>25745579
I like that
>>
I actually hate trade-only evolution. I would love if you could evolve Pokemon like Haunter or Graveler by leaving them in the Daycare or something.
>>
>>25745612
Yes, let us continue the abandonment issue.
>>
you do realize that part of pokemon's appeal is that it is simple in comparison to other RPG's
>>
>>25743098
Somebody hasn't played Critical.
>>
>>25745612
>haunter evolves while in the daycare
>without it's master's supervision, haunter becomes exceedingly good at haunting things and shinanigans
>come back to daycare to pick up haunter
>daycare is in shambles
>terrified daycare couple are ecstatic to see you
>can't wait to have you take your pokemon off their hands
>it's now a cheeky gengar kunt
>licks the daycare couple as a goodbye before leaving with you
>>
>>25745634
>>25745670
I just think that there's enough Pokemon that trade-only evo adds an unnecessary barrier, especially when we still have alternate versions with different Pokemon on it.

And yeah, see you can have the Daycare people say "Your Pokemon suddenly evolved! We were so surprised," or something.
>>
>>25742744
Changes to old abilities might help. It did for stuff like Sturdy:

>Magma Armor
Reduces damage of Ice-type attacks now too
...not a huge change, but things like Camerupt and Magmortar have more options to switch in

>Water Veil
Raises SpDef +2 during rain now too
...this will greatly help shit Pokemon like Floatzel and Seaking on Rain teams by turning them into pseudo-special walls and giving them better chances to switch in and sweep

>Heatproof
Now also ignores any boosts to the damage of Fire-type attacks from Flash Fire, sun, etc.
...Bronzong has more options?

>Keen Eye
Now also ignores Snow Cloak, Sand Veil, and other boosts to opponent's Evasion
...Now your Fearow, normal Pidgeot, Farfetch'd, and all those others actually have some cool options

>Illuminate
Now drops foes Accuracy -1 when entering battle
...Much needed buff for Pokemon like Lanturn

>Hyper Cutter
Now also increases all boosts to Attack by an additional +1.
...Hone Claws Kingler with Crabhammer, X-Scissor and Earthquake, anyone?

>Big Pecks
Now also increases all boosts to Defense by +1
...Not that many Pokemon to abuse this, but maybe if they added more moves to boost Defense for bird Pokemon this could see use

>Klutz
Back to Gen IV mechanics

>Flame Body
Adds a 10% chance of burning to all contact moves
...Yes, please

>Magician
Now steals items AND deals 20% more damage from Special moves used against foes with a status condition
...Very specific rules, but Delphox can now take on a specific role as a crippler/damage dealer or just clean up after you've thrown Thunder Wave or Toxic Spikes around

>Pick Up
Now grabs dropped items when the foe is KO'd, even if they weren't tossed, used, etc.
...Useful for gimmick sets

>Flare Boost/Toxic Boost
Boosts Spatt/Att +2 now
...Nice buff for mons that get these

>Normalize
Gives the 30% boost to attacks like the other "Pixilate" like abilities
...Delcatty, do you actually have a use now?
>>
And Tajiri cries because people missed the flipping point. Did anyone EVER care about trading?
>>
>>25745584
>Make pokemon more complex

After everyone gets used to your changes, the meta would still rely on the same pokemon anyways. It doesn't change that.

It only makes it severely harder for new players to enter the series.
>>
>>25745742
To be fair, we'd all care about trading, especially now that it's easy as shit through the internet, if cheating be it injecting, power saves, ARs back in the day or pokegenning wasn't so rampant, so easy and so common.
>>
Make it so you can inject eggs as starter pokemon into sun and moon. So instead of getting the usual 3 starters you could get 3 others from your own pokebank or maybe even some sort of wondertrade.

Keep the exp share from gen 6 but encourage folks to train more pokemon with it. You should be able to carry maybe up to 12 pokemon of which only 6 can partake in the battle. Those 6 get exp from battles. It made playing through oras and xy a more pleasurable expierience for me.

Or just let us use the pc anywhere. With smartphone and stuff like that it would be plausible. Pokedex app, map app, radio app etc.. (Maybe beeing able to access this pokedex app on your real life smartphone with pokemon go)
This would also enable you to use hm slave from your box.

Weather attacks not canceling each other out but adding to each other. Rain plus Sandstorm could result in mud falling from the sky.

Remove ivs.
>>
>>25746564
>real life smartphone
I still have an old sony ericsson from 10 years ago you faggot! Fuck your stupid smart phones.
>>
>>25743303
They really need to flesh the pokemon world more out. Give us more tournaments. Give one city a monotype tournament. An other city a cute tournament. Give us pwt right next to the poke league.
Why arent their any guild like groups that give you quests. Breeding guild wants you to get them a bold charmander, Dojo guild obsessed with perfect stats and so on.
>>
Allow us to customize a Pokemon's moveset with any move it's learned in the past from the team summary page, including egg moves, tutors, etc. (fucking stupid that egg moves can't be relearned) I like Pokemon to have fun in-game movesets while I'm not battling competitively, but it's a hassle to go back to the move deleter/relearner/tutor every time.

Like I've said before, just have it on the bottom screen. The right side already has a vertical column of the current moveset in Gen 6, so on the left column, just have a vertical list of all past moves, and drag 'n drop onto the right side
>>
>>25746821
This
Also nicknaming should be done from the menu.
The name rater doesn't make any fucking sense.
>>
>>25745704
I like how the Mystery Dungeon games and BB/VW did it with the item and a level requirement.
That would be cool to add as a second option, like they did with Feebas.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.