[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokken - Missing Representation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

So, as of now the roster is missing a bug type, a rock type, and a normal type. Seeing as Lucario looks nothing like a steel type and uses no steel type moves in this game, you might as well argue that we're missing a good representation for steel types too. Anyways, if you could add one Pokemon of each of the following types to the roster, which ones would you choose:
>normal type
>rock type
>bug type
>steel type that actually looks and acts like a steel type

My choices would be:
>Staraptor (Snorlax would also be good for a pure normal type)
>Tyranitar
>Heracross
>Aegislash
>>
>>25733502
>MUH PATTERNS
I choose Pikachu PHD, Pikachu Rocker, Pikachu Belle and Pikachu Idol.
>>
>>25733502
>>steel type that actually looks and acts like a steel type
It's called Lucario anon.
On that note how does one act like a steel type?
>>
Heracross (Power)
Audino (Technique)
Diancie (Standard)
Bisharp (Speed)
>>
> Normal
Snorlax (Standard)

> Rock
Probopass (Technique)

> Bug
Vespiquen (Speed)

> Steel
Metagross (Power)
>>
Ursaring (Power)

Scizor ( Standard)

Aggron (Power)

Tyranitar (Power)
>>
>>25734002
> Aggron and Tyranitar
> Practically same designs among them

What the hell are you thinking?
>>
They should have made farfetch'd a playable character.

No really though
Gen 1: 7 mons
Gen 2: 1
Gen 3: 3
Gen 4: 3
Gen 5: 1
Gen 6: 1

So just give me stuff from 2 5 and 6 that aren't fire types.
>>
>>25734095
Lucky we got anything from 5 and 6. New isn't cool to normalfags.
>>
>>25733502
Heracross
Diancie
Aggron
Staraptor
>>
Just add fucking infernape and greninja
>>
>>25733502

>Normal
Lopunny->Mega Lopunny (Speed)
OR
Jigglypuff (Technique)

>Rock
Tyranitar->Mega Tyranitar (Power)
OR
Golem (Power)
OR
Rhydon (Power)

>Bug
Heracross->Mega Heracross (Standard)

>Steel
Scizor->Mega Scizor (Standard)
OR
Bisharp (Power)
OR
Mawile->Mega Mawile (Power)

Having said that I also think we need a Water type who looks and acts like a Water type (i.e. fish and not a blue doge)

>Water
Blastoise->Mega Blastoise (Standard
OR
Greninja (Speed)

>Bonus
Hawlucha (since there's no flying type rep, and, come on, everyone agrees he and Heracross EXIST to be in this game)
>>
File: 1458495487789.jpg (22KB, 390x399px) Image search: [Google]
1458495487789.jpg
22KB, 390x399px
Normal Type: Porygon Z or Exploud

Rock Type: Sudowoodo or Armaldo for both Rock/Bug rep

Bug Type: Scizor/Genesect as Bug/Steel rep or Heracross/Pinsir

Steel Type: Aegislash or Metagross

Also I would take a water starter rep over the normal type rep - preferably Swampert to complete the Gen 3 starter trifecta.

We just gotta wait and see what we get, if anything.
>>
>>25733502
>Lopunny for Normal
Self explanatory
>Aerodactyl or Tyranitar for Rock
I prefer Aerodactyl as a Pokemon but Tyranitar would probably make more sense since we lack Johto reps in general
>Heracross, Scyther or Scizor for Bug type
was never a bugfag so I don't really care who gets there desu
>Skarmory for Steel
A bird fighter would be interesting I think, plus it's wings can double as blades if used creatively
>>
>>25733567
>>25733567

>On that note how does one act like a steel type?
Their attacks would make a lot of clinky-clanky sounds, like what you hear when you shake a bag of forks up and down. Kind of the like the sound you hear when Machamp uses Heavy Slam.

Also, none of Lucario's "Pokemon moves" are steel type in Pokken. He should be able to use flash cannon or bullet punch. Every other dual-type fighter in the roster has at least one move for each of its' types: Gengar can use both Shadow ball and Sludge Bomb, Garchomp uses dig and dragon claw, Charizard shoots fireballs and can fly around and shit, etc. Not Lucario, though.
>>
>>25733502
Do something about S.Mewtwo's pillarshit before you start adding more characters
>>
Be brutally honest. Do you guys think it's even remotely possible we'll get DLC? Or do you think they'll just wait for the NX?
>>
>>25734417
Hard to say. The game just came out, though it apperentely did quite well in sales. I'd prefer to wait for the sequel myself since the game has problems that go far beyond its roster.
>>
File: poliwhirl.png (8KB, 160x142px) Image search: [Google]
poliwhirl.png
8KB, 160x142px
>>25734417

One way or another the game's going to be expanded upon.

This is Bamco we're dealing with here.
>>
>>25733558
/thread
>>
>>25734666
man i would love it if poliwhirl got in pokken, it's my favorite
>>
>>25733502
The roster is perfectly fine. Your beloved shitmons just weren't good enough to get into the game.
>>
>Normal
Either Chansey for cute egg times or Diggersby for some ear nonsense.

>Bug/Steel (and Rock)
This is not my want, but realistically I could see them adding Scizor. In terms of want, bring in Scolipede for Bug and Aggron for Steel/Rock.
>>
>>25734778
>Implying Heracross is not THE iconic Bug Pokemon
>Implying people don't automatically think Hawlucha when thinking of "luchador Pokemon" (yes, even normies know of Hawlucha)
>only one pseudo, some of the most iconic Pokemon in the entire franchise
>>
>>25734841
Heracross is overrated as fuck
>>
>>25734841
> Heracross

> not Scyther or Beedrill
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>25734841
Just last week, heracrossfags were saying heracross isnt all that popular nor mainstream then suddenly iconic is he

And then there's that fag who keeps saying it's the "perfect" pokemon
>>
>>25733502
My roommate has this game. Its not bad. I love the details like pokemon in the backdrop and the animations and personality they gave each Mon.

But why are the controls such a mess?
>>
>>25734841
Heracross is literally just a stag beetle

Beedrill is better
>>
>>25735175

The controls aren't a mess at all, it controls more precisely than tekken.

Do a combo, it switches from 2D to 3D and vice versa, it's not that hard to figure out.
>>
>>25734892
This.
It's in the background of a stage.
Just look at how little articulation it has.
It has a movepool but I think they would have difficulty creating a walking animation because of how it's shaped. Same for Tyranitar. Neither of those Pokemon could actually walk in real physics.
>>
>>25735251
They're sluggish as shit though.
>>
>>25734949
>>25735225
My negros
>>
>>25733502
>missing
It's not missing anything. It doesn't have to use every type.
>>
>>25735175
>>25735251
To be fair, it is confusing that your Pokecombo button suddenly switches from X to Y. Half the time, I end up mashing the wrong one because they randomly decided to switch which is matched to which between phases. And you can't even change your control scheme to compensate.
>>
>>25733639
>Bisharp
>70 base speed
>Speed
I'm sorry anon
>>
>>25734949
>>25734892
>>25735225
Fine but they can't all be gen 1 or you faggots are one and the same as those who will complain about "genwun pandering"
>>
What's wrong with wanting more Pokemon/Fighters for a Pokemon game?
>>
>>25735337
*Pokemon/Fighting game?
>>
>>25735251
Idk man. I guess for someone who's played a lot of these kinds of fighting games it seems familiar but to someone new to it and unbiased, it just seems overly confusing. There's got to be a better way to execute moves and combos. Stuff like; down+x, x, y, y~r+b, up a, a, a...or whatever seems a bit ridiculous IMO. And then the phase shifting...why? And counter being two buttons instead of one. Idk I don't get it.
>>
>>25735373
The phase shifting is probably to seperate it from Tekken, to let distance fighters have a chance, and to stop combos from becoming too long.
As far as counter goes, it doesn't seem that strange to me. Grab is two buttons just like in a lot of other gamed. And you can also set it to a single button.
>>
Standard- Lopunny

Power- Tirtouga

Speed- Scolipede

Also, fuck you and your gay "muh steel" shit.
>>
>>25737772
>Tirtouga
>not Carracosta
I hate midevofags.
>>
>>25737782
Oh shit, sorry. I legit meant Carracosta. He's way cooler.
>>
File: zangoose.png (40KB, 132x114px) Image search: [Google]
zangoose.png
40KB, 132x114px
Speed - Zangoose (realistically lopunny but I can dream)
>Technical - Sudowoodo
>Power - Scizor/Heracross

I really want zangoose but I can live with him being in the background of a few stages I guess.

pic related
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.