[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't we start like Wally?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 0327161334-1.jpg (2MB, 2991x1672px) Image search: [Google]
0327161334-1.jpg
2MB, 2991x1672px
I feel like it would be awesome if instead of just being given your first pokemon, you had to go and catch it like Wally does. I'd be 100% more attached to my starter this way
>>
>>25733012
As neat as Wally was, it wouldn't work for a player because it removes the choice aspect.
>>
>>25733012
Why is Wally in his PJ's?
>>
>>25733012
I'd be so down with this.

Problem is, while you and I would be excited to start the game with a unique choice, the majority of Pokémon fans (children and autists) would freak out that their starter isn't a so cool overpowered badass.
>>
Because it means that you'd probably be starting off with a zigzagoon or rattatatatatatatatata instead of a Ralts or Pikachu or Honedge. They'd have to completely skew the pokemon you'd be allowed to catch from
>>
You could have a decent, non shit pokemon as a starter still. Maybe the professor has a secret garden or something, or takes you to a nature preserve like in bw2 with decent pokemon and let's you catch one from there. Could still be 3 starters, could still be fire, water, grass, but make us earn it. Then let us come back postdex and catch the rest. Personally though, I would like more options than just fire water grass.
>>
I mean. Whenever I write or fantasise on pokemon my starter is something like a Mankey, Sandshrew or a Scraggy just to get a more unique development away from the three stage into mega. Maybe sometimes a Zangoose or Pinsir to get creative.
>>
>>25733012

Starters are designed to be (1) easy for new players to get the hang of, and (2) marketable. If you're Gamefreak, you don't want a new player to get a first Pokemon that's not easy to use and fits into an intuitive type, and you certainly don't want to give up the benefits of recognizable, marketable, merchandiseable Pokemon being the mascots of the game that it's guaranteed every player will experience.

So arguable gameplay benefits aside, traditional starters are never going away.
>>
>>25733044
because he is a weak, sick dude and constnatly being in pajamas emphasizes that, because hospitalized children tend to run around in pajamas
or some shit like that i don't know
>>
>>25733012
You can always pretend that you're borrowing the starter pokemon to catch your own pokemon.
>>
Why not have it where it starts out as a battle, with the professor helping you. You faint the two you don't want and then catch whatever is left, gives you starters and knocks out the "teach me to battle pls Sendai" all at once
>>
>>25733306

>Starting with triple battles.
>>
>>25733035
"a wild pokemon jumps out! its a...
... a slimy tentacle fish!!
...a fluffy furry antromorph!
...a bloody thorny planet!"
>>
>>25733051
>>25733071
yellow's pikachu was found in a tall grass. this could be the same.
>>
>>25733012
just box your starter :^)
>>
>>25733012
Nah. I don't like that way.
>>
>>25733220
>>25733670
That's actually pretty fun by the way. I did it in Diamond and got a Shinx.
>>
They would never allow that unless it was a scripted fight.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.