[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Heart Gold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Pokemon-HeartGold_US_ESRB.jpg (185KB, 476x487px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-HeartGold_US_ESRB.jpg
185KB, 476x487px
Hey /vp/

I never played Gold/Silver when I was young. I went straight from Red to Ruby, and somehow never played G/S.

I recently found a copy of Heart Gold when I was cleaning out ( I guess I never knew I owned it).

Does Heart Gold still play nowadays? I've been considering playing it, but I'm not sure if it's worth my time, as I never played it.

Any opinions? Thanks!
>>
>>25720122
Nah, not worth playing. On the flip side I'd be willing to buy it from you if it is unopened.
>>
>>25720122

Definitely go for it. HGSS is one of the best in the series.
>>
>>25720143
What's so good about it?
>>
>>25720122
One of the top 5 games for sure.
>A lot of postgame
>Good music
>Fair pacing
>Fun story
>Best Safari Zone
>Following Pokémon (Not that great but immersive)
>>
File: GaryGotAllTen.jpg (46KB, 545x558px) Image search: [Google]
GaryGotAllTen.jpg
46KB, 545x558px
>>25720122
Definitely!

It's my favorite. It has the best atmosphere by far.

10/10 comfy
>>
Well since you never played the original GSC games you won't be blinded by the nostalgia so you'll see it for the god awful shit it really is, so my advice is pass on it. Sell it on eBay or something.
>>
>>25720122
dont bother with it, its a ball ache to transfer anything good up to current gen, unless you have 2 ds systems. The game itself is ok, but lets be honest, its the same thing we are playing now..
>>
So I've started playing, and I'm up to Sprout Tower, and enjoying it so far.

However, it seems that before I started, there's already a save file from where my brother had started playing. I started a new game, and got on with stuff.

But the fucking stupid thing is that I can't save the game. Everytime I try to save, it says there's already a game there, and that the only way to save over it is to go back to the title screen, and delete it.

What the fuck is this? So now I have to abandon the progress I've made to go back and delete the other game. I mean I guess I'll just never let my DS run out of battery, but that means I can't take it out anywhere now from fear of it running out.

Who thought this was a good idea? Why didn't it let me know before I started the new game?

Fuck
>>
>>25720122
Don't fuck with the pokewalker imo. I preferred to keep my playthrough as simple as possible, none of that extra shit. But yes definitely go for it, it's a fantastic remake.
>>
>>25720122
HGSS are the best games in the franchise. You won't regret playing them.
>>
>>25721213
They did you let you before you started a new game. It's to prevent a little kid or someone accidentally erasing the save file

You have to press a button combination at the start screen
>>
>>25721294
They just didn't say anything about deleting the old save game, that's all. Pretty dissapointing, but I'm not losing my progress now. I'll just not turn my DS off until I'm done with the game
>>
>>25720122
My first game was Sapphire #HoennBaby

inb4 shitstorm
>>
File: 1458693768579.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458693768579.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>25721213
Wow what a retard the game literally warns you when you start a new game if there's already an existing save file that will prevent you from saving your new game. It's best to just start over and delete your old save before you go any further.
>>
>>25721336
Guess what? That was my first as well.
>>
>>25721336
>>25721545
Guess what? Nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>25721294
Fine with me. I still remember finding one of my damn cousins playing a new game on my Blue version as a kid. I got it away from her before she could save, but still.
>>
HGSS is fantastic. The beginning is a little annoying because of all the

>leave area
>"Hey, wait up!"
>NPC takes 2 minutes to walk up to you and tell you some shit you already know
>they take another minute to walk away
>move another 10 steps
>"Oh, I almost forgot!"
>repeat

But that's all modern Pokemon. It picks up quickly.
>>
Quick update:

I'm up to the 4th gym and I'm kind of enjoying it. However does anyone know where I can get a good fire pokemon? Everything I've ran into so far is bug and normal. I can't seem to find any fire pokemon, and it'd round out my party quite nicely
>>
make sure you use the pokewalker for the full experience OP

God I fucking loved that thing, the "realest" Pokemon ever felt. Used to set a similar route to where I was walking so the encounters felt legit
>>
File: 1445809321991.jpg (69KB, 611x548px) Image search: [Google]
1445809321991.jpg
69KB, 611x548px
>>25720176
>>Fair pacing
>>
>>25724146
johto is shit no fire types until kanto
>>
>>25724274
magbymagcargotyplosionho-oh
>>
>>25724146
magmar is in the burnt tower at daytime as far as i know.
>>
>>25724146
You can get a Vulpix west of Cianwood, outside the Safari Zone. At least, in SS, i'm not sure what it is in HG, probably Growlithe
>>
>>25724310
In HG, Growlithes can be found even earlier. They're rare outside of the National Park and before Ecruteak. Might be night only, though.
>>
>>25724328
same with vulpix, he just dumb.
>>
>>25720122

Yes, it's excellent. I've been replaying it for the last week and got about 40 hours logged. It looks great, has a lot of content, lots of good music, and it's comfy as fuck.

HG/SS are probably among my favourite pokemon games.
>>
>>25720158
Holy shit, just play the fucking game.
>>
>>25720122
If it is brand new, sell it and buy a used one.
>>
>>25724414
This. The atmosphere is really great in these games
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.