[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good tips on drawing Pokemon? My lines come out not nice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Any good tips on drawing Pokemon? My lines come out not nice and can't do equal shapes.
>>
>>25712867
Oooo das cute, op. I like it hehehe. I'm not sire if it helps, but it kinda looks like you're lingering on a line too long. I kinda find it makes cleaner lines to draw a line in one quick fell swoop rather than actually drawing a line slowly. But I like it and kinda like the style you got going right now!
>>
>>25712867
It kind of looks like you're not starting with a framework first. Drawing in the most basic of shapes and connections helps with making things proportionate.
As for lines, I dunno; get a better pencil?
>>
File: for_sparta____by_lydario.png (287KB, 640x939px) Image search: [Google]
for_sparta____by_lydario.png
287KB, 640x939px
How about you try to make the lines look more smooth instead of less blocky and less rushed? Drawing smooth lines takes concentration and patience, but the "concentration" aspect will help you with focusing on the symmetry of the object's shapes and the quality of your lines. Although for traditional art, its better to use ink pen for linework instead of graphite pencil unless you want to do a sketch.

Pic related is a finished colored piece with ink as the medium for the lines.
>>
>>25713249
Forget about the the "instead of". I meant "and"
>>
>>25712867
looks kindof good, but work on thinning out your lines.
what works best in my opinion is practicing at making faster strokes with your pen/pencil and getting confident.
Practice making line strokes
>>
>>25712867
work on your fundamentals family

it looks good superficially but it's easy to see where things fall apart because you don't have a good understanding of perspective and form
>>
Start by tracing poses.
Use a tablet like any rational human being.
Get basic lessons.

Just repeat the same tracings over and over again until they become memory.
>>
>>25714499
Not op, but what's the best way to start from scratch if you want to learn basics?
>>
>>25714509
Go. Fucking. Die.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.